Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Amanda/Panda: Just don't do it! "How Bad Do You Want It?" Or, at the very least, if you do indulge, then ENJOY! Either way... you pick... no judgment here... either don't eat <whatever> & enjoy that... or eat a few select items, and enjoy that... This is all an ongoing process & a for-life way of living that will have it's ebbs & flows... but I think one of the most important parts is not classifying food as "good" or "bad" and definitely, for me at least, enjoying whatever it is that I CHOOSE to eat.

End of mini-lecture!

You know what, you're right. I did enjoy what I ate. I guess it's just that people see me and judge me/everything i put in my mouth. So i feel like i'm making excuses when i say "but I'm still human and I want to live like everyone else. everyone else can have some, why can't i?" and they go into the whole "but you've worked so hard to get where you're at..." and it just goes around and around and around....ya know? Blah. Those are the *ONLY* times I regret telling people about my band....when they judge me for what I'm eating. I only feel guilty when people have seen what it is. When I have something 'not part of the diet' and i'm alone, i enjoy and i get right back 'on track', but when people say things like "you can't eat that can you??" that's when i start feeling bad......blah....blah, blah blah.

Ok. Gotta get back to work. Thanks for the wise words! :(

Amanda... IMHO, you've still got some head work to do... & that's ok!... we all do... & it's also a part of the journey.

"I guess it's just that people see me and judge me/everything i put in my mouth." -- Who are these people & don't they have anything better to do than monitor you??

"and it just goes around and around and around" -- Why does it? Nip it in the bud. End it.

"when people say things like "you can't eat that can you??" that's when i start feeling bad" -- No, that's when you say, "YES! I CAN eat this!" Because you know what -- you can!

You're a big girl. You know how you got fat. AND, you know how you're getting thin. You need to stick up for yourself! I assume that you're not going around monitoring these other folks... if they smoke, or have a drink, or eat too much, or drive too fast, or whatever it is that they do, because we're all human and we ALL do *some*thing that we "shouldn't"... so you need to come up w/a short & sweet sentence that ends the "round & round" + let's them know it's not ok for them to talk to you like that. + for you not to feel "bad" if someone does.

Wow. This must be a hot-button topic for me. Didn't realize I was typing so much or so vehement about it. Hmmmmmmmmmm... obviously some personal stuff here for me as well! Thanks for bringing this up! & Good luck!

hey all

just getting in from a day of fun... now going to trick or treat and then to work at 6.

anyway, I had eggs for lunch and then a small bag of peanut m&m's .... tomorrow is November 1... what a better time to change the bad... new month new habbits.

hugs

hey all

just getting in from a day of fun... now going to trick or treat and then to work at 6.

anyway, I had eggs for lunch and then a small bag of peanut m&m's .... tomorrow is November 1... what a better time to change the bad... new month new habbits.

hugs

Trick or treating starts here in 6 minutes and I bet we don't get hardly anybody this year. It's raining!! Yuck!! I have 101 bags of candy and I bet I'm going to be stuck with them. But at least it's candy that would last if I want to save it for next year!! ewwwwwwwEveryone have a great evening!!

Trick or treating starts here in 6 minutes and I bet we don't get hardly anybody this year. It's raining!! Yuck!! I have 101 bags of candy and I bet I'm going to stuck with them. But at least it's candy that would last if I want to save it for next year!! ewwwwwww

Everyone have a great evening!!

You can give it to local charities that give Christmas toys away...they use the candy to stuff stockings!! :D

Hi everyone!!

Haydee-have a great time!! It is going to be an awesome concert!!

OK, me & my little mermaid are going to the assisted living home to trick or treat....then to some houses too. Everyone have a great & spooky night!! (not too spooky I hope, I am a scaredy cat)

PS...I have a fill sceduled for Nov 6th. I hope that this one is better than last time!! Remember? I could do nothing but drink my meals. I have to do something though because I stay hungry all the time...even right after I eat.

HI my Violet buddies!!

Well I have surgery on the 16th---which does not surprise me a lot....waiting now to see if he will require me to be unfilled....hoping not. I will be on liquids only for about a week---so it would be beneficial to have my band! I am not a candidate for the radioactive iodine, because while it will kill the thyroid, there is no guarantee the tumors are thyroid type of tissue, and it might not kill them....sadly that made sense, so we set a date. I am going to TX for a week to 10 days so I guess we will leave in the next couple days! We have to get pecans dealt with. And the fields need shredded....lots of work waiting for us. With that, then a week of liquids---and then hopefully some thyroid meds------maybe just maybe I can get on the losing side of things again.

I have had 7 trick or treaters so far and it is just 5 here. The later time change is wonderful! It is still over 65 degrees out right now, kids are in shirt sleeves, it is light, they are having so much fun. Kinsey is feeling better, ate like a little glutton all day! So they are off on Main street at the safe treats.

I have not had a chance to read through the posts yet--wanted to check in with my Dr. report.

My largest tumor is 3X4 cm, and on the isthmus---your thyroid is shaped like a bowtie, and the isthmus is the connecting area in the middle. It is my largest, causing the most problem, then I have 11 on the right lobe, and only 2 on the left lobe. He said he will biopsy slices while I am in cthe OR, and if the left checks clear he may leave it so I can have natural hormone! He brought a partner in to examine me, introduced us, and left the room, letting the other Dr. come to his own conclusions. The only variance in the diagnosis or treatment suggestions, was the 2nd Dr. was against waiting so long. But----I am ok with the 16th.

Told me the biggest risk in the surgery barring the anesthesia issue is a possibility of paralizing the nerve leading to my vocal cords.....which has a fairly high risk---but at the rate the tumor is growing it is guaranteed to do it if I don't have it removed---so guess I will take my chances and trust.

Spent the day on and off the phone with DS. Yesterday his new step Dad (remember they just went to Vegas for his real mom to get married) called him and was freaking out, saying his Mom was losing it. cShe has had several psychotic episodes before, but this time she was going to take down the Episcopal Church, and was starting with her parents, and was headed to their house with a gun. cHe picked up my DD (technically my step kids) and they hauled butt---without our knowledge out there, and confronted her-calling the cops on the way. When her parents tried to flee she let off a couple of shots, and my DD slashed her tires to keep her from leaving and following, and about that time the cops showed up. She is now on a 7 day hold in the psyche ward---again. When I refer to the woman as nutso, I am not just using the word lightly. I was furious with the kids, my gosh she was not in her right mind she could have killed them! The cop threatened to arrest my DD for the tire---saying crazy or not she had rights, and if she decides to press charges against Abbey, the officer said he will support her---jerk!! Could have been him she saved.....

Anyway son is stressing about having those genes and the possibility of passing them to his kids. Was a sad day. She cursed and cussed him. She didn't want him to raise, and she continues to treat them both badly. I know it is selfish, but I am glad I had them!

OK gotta go, hear kids outside!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO MY FAVORITE TREATS!!!1

Kat

It's 8:20 here and our doorbell has only rung 5 times. sigh. Kids today just have no idea what they're missing...here in Houston, anyway. When i was little we lived in Lafayette, LA and every house was a different 'treat'.... hot chocolate, haunted houses, candied apples, home-made bean bags, fresh Cookies, etc. We'd run from house to house and come home with 1/2 a pillowcase full of stuff. I guess every neighborhood is different.

Hope everyone is having a great night with the kids!

Got tons of work to do, and can't believe I am posting these on the internet, but wanted my violets to see what I looked like today. Put your Crystal Lights down, I don't want liquid coming out of your noses. I can't believe the chins (won't even get into that now) or the wrinkles...oooo my!

OK! Enjoy! Happy Halloweenie!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

I'm so stressed out...I had a slight fill yesterday giving me a total of 3.4cc in a 4 cc band. However I still feel like I can eat almost as much of my food as I want. Granted there is SOME restriction, and I have to eat a little slower, and I don't drink with my meals. I don't know what to do...I'm afraid that I have a stretched esophagus or even a slipped band....I wonder if I'd still have some restriction if that were the case...? I guess all I can do is wait and see if I have anymore restriction in a week or so. I hear everyone else saying how they can't eat this or that...for instance, last night I had an egg salad sandwich with 2 pieces of bread...I thought I wasn't supposed to be able to eat bread? Sometimes I struggle with meat though....I can eat 2-3 pieces of pizza...tonight I ate an entire bowl of chicken and dumplings...I feel like a pig. :D

LMAO...forgot to post 'em!

Oh good lord...I about choked right now! That is TOO FUNNY!!!! I'd love to have one of those!!!