Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Morning, Violets..

We are up bright and early to head downstate 4 hours to get our fills. We're going to stop at the outlet mall on the way home so it will be late, late, late, before we get back home.

Thought I'd post my 6 month progress. I posted it on the before and after thread even though I'm not at the "after" point yet. I take pictures once a month and month to month I don't see a whole lot of difference, but when I put the beginning pics with the 6 months ones.. I see a BIG difference and it gets me motivated once again.

Everyone have a great day.. Catch you all tomorrow.

Patience, Trust and WWJD!!

post-215048-13813135735552_thumb.jpg

Denise - you are looking fab...keep up the good work

Judy - MY HERO! LOL no wonder we always say WWJD???

I tried to take pic yesterday... in my Levis that I could not get over my hips... YUCK... as usual... mabye later.

I'm off to get my car looked at... later

Morning Violets~

Denise...looking great honey! You look so different. What I notice is the smile on everyone's face in the afters! I should take some soon, even though I've only lost 30...but hey, at least I didn't gain 30!

Judy Judy Judy...amazing difference!!! You look great too! And so brave in a bathing suit! What a big difference, congrats and good luck w/ the fills!

Terry~ Thinking of you today.

Kat~ LOL, me on a 4 wheeler...I don't think so. I am a girly girl and a scaredy cat to boot. I am the one who waits on the side lines and "holds everyone's purses". But I'll come hang out w/ you and TracyK anytime.

I am swamped today. Gonna try to go into work about 6:30, so I gotta run. Have a great day everyone!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Good Monday Morn, Vi's!~~

Today is my 5 month band-iversary! My official weight this morning is 253.4, which = -63.6 lbs! That's -10.6 lbs for this month! YAY ME! ;)

I really don't know why, but I've been riding a huge whoosh since getting back from the Lake! I'm not going to question in, just ride it for all it's worth!

I go for my fill on Weds... haven't had one in 2 months... wonder if he'll give it to me??

Judy, you need a new suit! Look at you! You're 1/2 your size!! Good work!!

Make it a great day, everyone! :)

Denise: YOU are so cute! I can tell a huge difference and yes.. that outfit................ time to send it off to goodwill!

Judy: LOOK AT YOUR LITTE LEGS!!!!!!! WWJD indeed! :boink:

Terry: That is so sad about the young man who died, also I hope your mom will pick up the fluids.... sad, stress, sad..

I was able to eat my enchilada's last night (they were sooo good too) DH said... well honey you've definately got your moms knack of cooking delicious Mexican food.(BIG COMPLIMENT)..... I am up 1 lb this morning after my bad junk food weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day... or at least a day of strength!

P.S. YAY Michelle... ride the whoosh fairy then send her my way PLEASE!

Jennifur: PICS PLEASE.. let US be the judge... you are too down on yourself to know the difference! :xena_banana:

Jane: WHAT???????? Wendy's closed down in St. Louis???? Glad you had fun at the Frat House!

Well, since we're all confessing our diet sins.......

Oreo Blizzard ice cream cake *sigh* My husband and I work with the youth at church, and the director (who teaches the high school youth, my husband teaches the middle school youth), well, his birthday is today, so last night at Judgement House we brought the cake in for him :boink:

((by the way, for those of you who don't know what Judgement House is, here's a link -- Judgement House : Real People. Real Choices. Real Consequences. -- this is our second year helping out -as actors-, it's AWESOME))

SOOOOOO I've been eating REALLY bad...not just the blizzard cake....all week i've been eating bad :-( 3 weeks of being strict, lost 9lbs, and now i'm backsliding *sigh* oh well. I've fought off the urge ALL MORNING to go grab one of those snickerdoodles in the kitchen at work....it's been hard...but I try to tell myself "baby! baby! baby!" cuz that's my next big goal...DH and i are trying for our first :-D soooo, it sounds creepy, but i'm trying to train my brain to think of sweets as the enemy...they'll poison (sp?) me....lol...it's worked today so far...we'll see how long it lasts....lol...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the sad news going around :-( I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Well, gotta jet for now, gotta get to work sometime today...lol.

Take care everyone :xena_banana:

I had a bad eating weekend. My friend and DH brother (he did make it) were over all yesterday, drinking beer and playing poker/x-box. I didn't drink, but I was in such a laid back mood.. they decided to order pizza.. I don't like pizza, but I like topping.. and they had a new pizza.. the thin crisp melt. I don't even wanna know the calories. It's 2 thin crusts, with the cheese & toppings on the inside. It was SO good, I tried to eat really quick (pre-band mentality), and I quickly got stuck and had to slow down. I grabbed 2 pieces initially. I ate 1.5 pizzas, which was past my 'full' point anyway.. and I was tryin to finish the 2nd piece, but I was sooo stuffed, I was like.. why am I forcing myself to overeat :boink: and then threw it away. Had 2x 100 calorie ice creams.. another piece of pizza for dinner. I'm sure I overloaded on calories yesterday, not gonna look! Gonna keep movin along.

My scale yesterday morning said 264lbs LOL! I was like no friggin way, so I looked at it.. BIL was weighing himself and had knocked it halfway onto the carpet so it was unbalanced. I was 274lb though. Woot. I may have gained a little from yesterday, ho hum.

Thought you all would like this. I loved it, and thought it is so true! Here's to 100 1/2!!!! xoxo

George Carlin's Views on Aging

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . . You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30 ; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them."

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning.

Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop.

" And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5.Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10.Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.

And if you don't send this to at least 8 people - who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day!!

YAY for you Michelle---my computer still knows it is the boss, not me!!!

Dangit, I bet Judy left, to get her fill, and shop the outlet stores, without my wishlist for the stores!!!

Pamela--you crack me up!!! I too am somewhat of a girly girl, at least for all the things, I do or have to do!!! My FIL is always commenting, on the fact that I even have make up on when we brand or split wood, whatever!!! I don't wear tons of makeup, but I usually put it on!! And my foundation doubles as a sunscreen, so especially to do those things I use it---he has been married to a woman who has NEVER EVER put any make up on!!! I imagine that is why he notices!!! He laughs at my painted nails...and his mouth hangs open when you mention spending hard earned money for someone to cut your toenails!!! Which was his attitude when I mentioned the whole pedicure!! He finds me a little hard to take! BUT I am the only female he had for years to help, now he has my DIL.

Anyway--if you don't wanna ride the quads you don't have to!!! My nephews had soooo much fun on them!

Tracy, saw you and Judy posted on the before and afters...way to go! Y'all are doing such a great job. I look forward to losing some more, and am a little relieved to know why it stalled out so suddenly. One of these days I'll get going again, he assured me.

Today I hope to hear from the endocrinologist. He is supposed to let me know if the injection is an option for me. If not I see the surgeon on Wed. Looks like I will try to postpone surgery until middle of November. Don't get me started on that though!!

Well Kinsey and I are going to make some Cookies, and maybe we will have enough! She loves to bake or help me cook. Part of tomorrow, I have my grandson too, and nothing gets done other than following him around!!! So we better get busy!!! Hope I haven't waited too long, she was playing with her Fisher Price little people, but she might have gone to sleep---crazy kid!

TTYL~~

Kat