Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Thanks for the update on Kat, Terry. Glad to hear that it is treatable and I know in my heart she'll be just fine. She has the Purple Vibes surrounding her with lots of love.

Thanks for the update on Kat, Terry... glad we did that phone tree info thingy!

Kat, I think I said this before, but one of my best friend's had thyroid cancer & she's absolutely fine 9 years later... they told her that if she was going to get cancer, that was the one to get. All my best prayers & thoughts for you, as I know it is still scary.

Hey, how much does a thyroid weigh, anyhow?? (There's me, always looking for the silver lining!)

Jen... best wishes to you, too... you're like the energizer bunny... chugging along doing what you have to for your family... and with a sunny disposition to boot... keep on hangin' on, and something wonderful will find you!! In the meantime, ((hugs))!

I don't mean to sound like a bummer, but I am curious now.. if you have your thyroid taken out, does it affect your weight? Isn't thyroid problems what causes some people to be overweight?

So does this mean you'll lose MORE weight, gain weight, or it doesn't really affect it?

(HUGS!)

yup, that is me... i just keep on going... pretending like everything in my world is just great.

i just ate 3 spoons of ds's mac & cheese because I'm in such a funk... yup... pb within seconds... i'm spinning out of control...

off to get ready for work...

Just ran home from work real fast and sorry to hear of Kat's diagnosis, but if you are going to have cancer, that is one of the best ones to have. My thoughts and prayers are with you Kat and your entire family as you struggle through this!

Thanks Terry for the update!

My funk is now a very light shade of purple, but I think I might have given it to Pamela and Jennifer!!

Good thought and hugs to all!!

Jane

I don't mean to sound like a bummer, but I am curious now.. if you have your thyroid taken out, does it affect your weight? Isn't thyroid problems what causes some people to be overweight?

So does this mean you'll lose MORE weight, gain weight, or it doesn't really affect it?

(HUGS!)

They put you on a synthetic thyroid pill that you take for the rest of your life. It's little and cheap! The best kind! I imagine there may be some adjustment period, but probably no real dramatic losses or gains in that meantime.

I am in a funk ladies, don't really know why or how to get out of it. I am bumming about money, a day job, I am greatful that step mom has a job for me, but i feel like all the school and 15 years in lending/banking/hr work was for nothing. dbf is taking certificate in cad class. I would have done it with him if I knew, I had a cad class but wasn' enough for me to understand and I think that is what has kept me from some jobs. I don't know if I'm just depressed or angry... or a little of both. I don't want to give up my dream but I feel like I can't get a job doing what I want, even to intern.

I feel like I'm going to be working in the pizza shop for the rest of my life, and that really depresses me.

You may have to relocate, Jenn! And considering your circumstances with deadbeat dbf, that may not be a bad thing at all.

I actually drank 3 20oz glasses of Water today! YEAH ME!

I will TRY to take my October pic tonight... Thanks for reminding me Pamela :)

I'm feeling fat today though..........

The chili from last night that went down... sent me to pb at lunch...... :)

I think you should relocate too Jen, get out of there and start over! Doesn't sound like you'll be losing anything except baggage.

I had 4-piece chicken nuggets from Chic-Fil-A for lunch. This morning was hectic. It's dark and cold out today, woke up to DH moanin for meds, and dog whinin to go out. When it's wet out, we take her on a leash out front since backyard has red clay holes..that don't mesh with our pale cream colored carpets. Well I was running late, so I let dog out back without thinking, went to get DH meds and a drink.. come back and dog must have been rolling in the damn red clay. Took a wet wash cloth and paper towels out there, soaking her feet, wiping and wiping.. that crap never ends.. the red clay STILL was all over when I'd put her paw down. So I had to carry her big 60lb butt to her crate (I was panting and out of breath from this!) Didn't get to make my weight loss oatmeal this morning since I was running late, so grabbed a yogurt on my way out. Feh. Then I get to work and that e-bay e-mail was fwded to me asking me if I knew what it was. THEN I looked on our website, the CSR Manager is who this nut job sent the e-mail to and her e-mail isn't on the website, so I have no idea how she knew it.. this lady is creepy. Go away creepy lady, I don't need you! And we're doing yearbooks for a local church, and they are high maintenance. They have no idea what they're doing, and proofs cost $450 each.. she wanted to do a proof, then do corrections and another proof for free. When I told her that's not how it works-- needs to be correct the first time, the proof is so you don't end up printing $10k worth of yearbooks because you didn't notice something before it was printed. I find myself very unforgiving of customers who are not only unknowing of what they're doing, but try to tell me I should do it their way because that's how they want to do it. Once I explain the process, it's that way or no way! I can't change how everything works here. But they keep talking like I'm going to waive the $450.. that's not even mine, it's the people who have to deal with their horribly put together art files. They deserve every penny, especially when you make them re-do it!!

/end rant.

We need little icons that look like orange safety cones.

...or crime tape..."Do Not Enter"....

I just thought it'd be cute to have little orange safety cones around RANTS...LOL

Useful, too!

Oh.. haha.. I'm slow.. brain is mooshy today.. going to bowling soon WHEW.