Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Luck TracyKS

Terry, I was thinking the same thing. I have been crazy the last couple of weeks....

I want a day job so very badly!!!!!

HE SIGNED THE PAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (He signed the consent to the step parent adoption) He met us at my lawyers office this morning.

He was crying and we all thought he would back out but he signed the consent, he read everything twice…… the consent, the petition for adoption, the release from child support…. And he took notorized copies of everything with him.

After he signed them I busted out in a sob saying THANK YOU Damon! He was crying for regret and tears of immense RELIEF were streaming down my face…. Even the assistant started crying, and Charles shook his hand and Damon told Charles to take care of him. Charles said he would make sure that he got pictures.

Man oh man he looked rough.. any weight he had lost had found him again and his hair was longer than I’ve ever seen it.

And he is getting some major dry skin wrinkles.

I’m sure this act will start a day long drunk……. Sherry did not show up.

HE SIGNED THE PAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (He signed the consent to the step parent adoption) He met us at my lawyers office this morning.

He was crying and we all thought he would back out but he signed the consent, he read everything twice…… the consent, the petition for adoption, the release from child support…. And he took notorized copies of everything with him.

After he signed them I busted out in a sob saying THANK YOU Damon! He was crying for regret and tears of immense RELIEF were streaming down my face…. Even the assistant started crying, and Charles shook his hand and Damon told Charles to take care of him. Charles said he would make sure that he got pictures.

Man oh man he looked rough.. any weight he had lost had found him again and his hair was longer than I’ve ever seen it.

And he is getting some major dry skin wrinkles.

I’m sure this act will start a day long drunk……. Sherry did not show up.

Tracy - I am so very happy for you. Tears are flowing here for you. what a shit head...

:clap2::whoo:

Tracy, I'm relieved and so happy for you. I too am crying here at my desk and even though I've never met you and your son, it feels like you're my sister going through all this mess. Congrats on hitting 210 too! You'll be in onderland in no time!

Oh Tracy, I'm sooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!! What an exciting day and the beginning of a new life for all of you. Thank God!!

How is your son doing through all of this?? I know our granddaughter Mara doesn't even remember her biological dad and considers my son her Daddy. It's been a blessing for them as I know it will be for you.

And 210!! Wooooooo hoooooooooo!! You're gonna be in onederland before you know it!! What a great way to start the weekend!!! (((HUGS)))!!!!

We had a wild night last night. I was outside with Jetta, the garage dog and all of a sudden the tornado sirens started blaring. Got her inside and listened to the scanner. Two tornadoes touched down a ways away from here. We had major storms and it was pretty scary for awhile, but all is calm now, thank goodness and we didn't have any problems, but I did shut down the computer.

AND.... I now am officially the head of a Lap Band support group in Alpena, Michigan. I decided I'd see if there was any interest for one and so far I have 6 people so we will have an organizational meeting Sat. the 27th. I definitely will be recommending Lapbandtalk to everyone!! We have 4 ladies and 2 guys so far so I think that will be a good group to begin with and I'm sure we will have more interested once the word gets out.

Kat.. thinking about you today...

Terry.. everytime I'm gone and come back, I have tons of posts to read. Nope.. don't think it's quiet in here.. ever!!!! lol

Well, a lazy day here today. I have laundry to do and some general cleaning, but other than that it's tv and computer day and of course my weekly fix of tabloid magazines!!

Everyone have a good one.. I know for sure Tracy already has!!

Patience, Trust and WWJD??!!!

Terry - Good luck tomorrow on your 5K! I'll be with you in spirit!

Laura - I love storms too! I always thought I was weird because of that. The louder the thunder and the harder the rain the more I love it!!

I got a sample of a new Protein Shake. I HATE HATE HATE the taste of any Protein Shakes. But my sister assured me that this tastes just like a chocolate milkshake. It's made with a sweetener called "stevia". Never had it. Supposedly does not taste like artificial sweetener which I hate. I'm gonna try it and let ya'll know how it tastes...

I am so emotional right now.. I doubt I will be able to focus on work………….. it was like a huge balloon of stressed air was released from my body…..

Poppa Terry and Charles were both there and I just started sobbing when I hugged Terry…….. so much relief…... and a tinge of sadness… because I know that Damon does love Robby.. he just can’t emotionaly or physically step up…….. it is better this way and that is what finally got him to sign was me saying…. “It’s whats best for Robby” and he just said very softly….. “I know”

Tracy I am so happy for you!!! Somewhere, deep inside it hurt him, and he knew it was the right thing to do, I am sure much of it was from a financial standpoint, but the way I see it, not all of it was, or he would have signed and got out, not humiliated himself by taking the time to read it twice.

I am not just playing Devil's advocate here, I am thinking that with that bit of a decency buried deep in there, that you can and have been nourishing the love in your son--so he did not have 1 good parent vs. 1 evil, you both had good---his was just buried, and it took him a looooooooong time to find it---and I am eternally grateful he did.

This way when your son gets older and asks questions, you can be honest with him, and tell him it was something his birth Father knew was right, but it hurt him severely to do it, and your son will not feel like a cast off, who meant nothing.

I also think it was a GOOD thing the gf did not show up, he may have done an about face! We have all discussed how it is easier to be mad for a man than to hurt, he may have tried to Show her!

It all worked out the way it was supposed to, the best way possible for your little guy, and I could not be happier for you---I TRULY believe as emotional as it was, it is best the way it ended. Congratulations to you and the NEW Daddy!!!

Stomach feels some better, now it is simply nerves. I think it was a bug of some sort, riding and moving did nothing but make me hurt worse! I was so bloated, I could not bend over!!!! And while I know this will be TMI---I smelled so bad, I could not even stand myself!!!!

TracyK, Kinsey gets the same way some days it is non stop I want, and I need. To the point, that often when I would sit down she would say "I need to potty" I would tell her "Of course you do, I sat down!" To where now she will even tell you after telling me she needs a drink or whatever, she will say "course I do!" Made me feel so ashamed, I am working hard not to say it!!!

Rick has me all upset......he pointed out to me, that chances are, the only way I will be allowed to fly into DC is if they don't have issue with me under the name of Kathleen. Other wise I will flag up when I attempt to fly, especially into there. I am seriously thinking of legally changing my name and hyphenating it, with my maiden name, just because of this. Surely that would take a HUGE chance of it being duplicated down. I WILL be taking care of this one way or another this winter! I refuse to not be allowed to go meet you guys, because some woman died in Tennessee!!! It isn't funny, but it makes me laugh it is so dumb!!!

Well, I have to get off here, and get ready to go....I am a nervous wreck! I don't know why....I won't know anything---they will give me drugs, numb me up and poke me a few times....oh kinda like a fill without the drugs, and without restriction!!!!

Don't worry about me, I never know how I am going to react to the drugs they give me. Sometimes I cannot function, and am out and sleeping like a baby for hours---other times they overdo it I think and I am wired shortly thereafter!!! If I sleep with this one, I will check in as soon as I check back into the living!!!

Sure helps to know all of you will be there with me today!!!

Hugs and love to all!

Kat

Kat - you have purple power too... you will have all my good thoughts.

LOVE YA" HUGS

Kat- Go get your name changed! You can't miss out!!!! Even if you don't 'go by' your 'new' legal name, just have it on your important documents.

Tracy- YAYAYAYAYA! That is so exciting, I can't even imagine what all that was like for you guys. This deserves a celebration.. Chuck E cheese? :(

Horseshow went well last night, it was nice how I can walk without problems now!! This was a big example, the barns are a ways away from the show arena, and we walked back and forth, back and forth. His dad's legs started hurting so they took the golf cart back and forth, and everytime they asked if I wanted a ride.. I said 'Nope! I can walk'. So I got quite a bit of exercise. Not only did it not hurt, but I was never out of breath either. And since his parents were doing the shows, we didn't go to their box and sit down, we stood near where they come in..so lots of standing.. didn't phase me! One of their customers (they train her horse, then she rides them in the shows) is a huge girl, looks around my age. And DH's brother was making fun of her (to me). I was just like hm.. I guess I'm not fat enough anymore, that now I'm actually TOLD the fat jokes. The girl was nice, but DH's dad made the comment "If I could have had a daughter, it would have been her". Now, I know I shouldn't take it personal, but that really hurt my feelings!! Even today it hurts my feelings. They'd like me a lot more if they'd try to get to know me!! It's not my fault they're such a closed up family. Hrmph. I know I shouldn't let it bother me that he said that...but it does.

Then she won her class. We were all surprised, so that was nice. The pony she has is a stubborn one, and she does the cart that goes behind ponies.. and the pony could not pull her weight very well, so when they did the fast gate, her pony was going too slow. So I still wonder how she won that..

Hockey game is tonight. Yay.. stuff with MY fam.

Although, they said their best horses and best competitions (best in show ones) are tomorrow night, and before DH could make an excuse so he could stay at home playing video games, I said "we'll be here!". I had fun.. so, we're going back tomorrow too :)

Wow. What an emotional day for my Violets!

Tracy - Having to "give up" possession of my children to live with their father was the absolute hardest thing I ever had to do ... but they were not adjusting well to their new schools and missing their friends in their old neighborhood and it's what they wanted. I sobbed for a week solid. And I wasn't even giving up a nano-fraction of what Damon is giving up. I admire him so much for doing the right thing because I know it went against everything in his being to sign those papers. Just as a young mother has to give up a baby for adoption because she cannot raise him is a great act of love, so is Damon's sacrifice. It will haunt him daily and forever. It will change him....hopefully somehow for the better. I know he has been a creep in so many ways, but in the end he did the right thing. I hope now he will just stay gone until Robby is of age where he can make up his own mind whether or not he wants a relationship with him. As Robby grows up, make sure he understands that his dad made a big sacrifice for him and that to sign those papers took a lot of courage and humility....and that in the end he did it because he loved him.

OMG~ TracyKS~ I am crying too. I mean it, literally...tears running down my cheeks. Congrats doesn't even begin to show you how happy I am for you. And honestly...here's to Damon for FINALLY stepping up and doing what is best for Robby. You ARE going to DC right?

Kat~ Change your name to something mysterious and sexy...like Sophia or something like it. Just kidding...do what you gotta do to get your ass to DC. I could fly into NM and "pick" you up. Wondering if Denise is gonna join us? She is from Cali also.

I had this wonderful long eloquent witty post earlier and lost it. I was so freakin pissed, I closed the puter and got ready for work. Speaking of work, I just got into a major fight w/ a parent over a child drop off issue. I swear, I HAVE to be professional...and this bitch gets to tell me I am wrong. I wanted to smack her little face so bad. (man i am stressed). I am really looking forward to wine and a bath today!

Terry~ Good for you doing a 5k. Walking or running? And thanks for the info on the BB. I think you need to give us an inservice at the cabin. I consider myself a smart lady, but for some reason this is hard to get my head around.

Have a good day~

Congrats Tracy!!! That's awesome! I've only read a little bit of what's going on, but from what I have been able to read, this is awesome!!

Just a quick check in for me. Had a dr's appt today....i'm officially 194.5 :-D That's -9 lbs in 3 weeks! :omg: Haven't seen a number like this in about 14-15 years...it feels perty good. Had to break down last night and spent $35 on 2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts....I'm still rattled with guilt over it, LOL ( i have a REALLY hard time buying things for myself....REALLY hard time, you guys have no idea......)

But at least now i know i have clothes to wear to work! LOL. My next goal is to step up the exercise intensity (i have 'The Biggest Loser' weight loss DVD - Vol. 1, so I'm gonna clear out my living room and try that). AND also.....*grin*....DH and I are trying for our first baby :-D:whoo: Dr. wants me to wait 3 more weeks...but...i don't see where that'll make a difference...and DH is starting to get pouty about waiting any longer...LOL. So keep us in prayer...:(

Hope everyone is having a great day!

ttyl,

Panda

PANDA: LEGS UP after sex, and he needs to switch to boxers to keep the fellas cool! :) (when I was going through my infertility years my online home was TTC forum)

I thank everyone for their comments today....... thankfully it has been a real busy day at work helping employees with their enrolment questions...... so I haven't been on here to much.

Tracy-I am SO happy for all of you! I second what Terri said....that was a great sacrifice he made and he did it because he knows it was the right thing to do. Congrats!!

TGIF!!!!! We are having my dh kids over this weekend. Macy is so excited to see them again. Every three minutes she says "are they here yet?" We are going to a fall festival with them tomorrow. My dh is finally off on a weekend!! I am so psyched! The results of my 2nd blood test came back about the same as the other one so the dr called me in some cholesterol meds. I have to get retested in 2 months. Must be genetic.

I hope everyone has a great evening and weekend :)