Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I hate hate..the being called skinny... It would be like calling an anorexic Fatso!!

I had a male friend who use to greet me all the time with "hey Skinny" or "Hey Slim" and like you Panda I use to cringe.. Then one day I just asked him not to say either anymore that I didn't like it!!

It would be like greeting Quasimodo with "hey georgeous!" it points out that it's obvious he's not!!

I don't like any reference to my physical self anyway..fat or skinny..I'm not comfortable being made aware that others may be judging my body..

Love me for my genius please!! That will do..

Ok girls..I knocking off now..may not check in for another few days..but I will once I get to the other side of the pond!!

Take Care...xxx

Well Thanksgiving is another big to-do with my mom's family. Hell, we look for reasons to have big get-togethers. That's why we started doing the weekly cook-outs a couple years ago.

His family doesn't do Thanksgiving, so I win this one automatically.. (Our families are so different, it's mind boggling sometimes).

And this is a stupid argument, he even rolled his eyes at me when I said it.. the last x-mas I missed with mom's side of family.. my granny had a 'room mate' (she'll argue till her death) who was a guy.. for about 30 years now. And he was the grandfather my mom's real dad never was (LONG story). So he was like my g'dad. Well, he gave out back scratchers to everyone at the last x-mas, we never got one LOL! He died this March. So I said.. I missed my last x-mas with him! AND DIDN'T GET A BACK SCRATCHER! It's a stupid argument, even coming out of my mouth, but I really do wish I'd had the last x-mas with him last year.

I'm going to ask my mom what she thinks, and HOPE her answer will be, my fam will wake up early on x-mas day so we can start in the morning and me and DH can be out of there by noon. But then my mom's personality is, to make a point that everything isn't about me, she'll make a point to say no one wants to get up that early, sorry.

Anxiety, anxiety.. I need something!!

Good morning,

Forgive any odd spellings or typos... am on my dh's laptop & the keys are not at all where I'm used to them being! LOL!

This location *would* be a great one for a Violet's gathering! It sleeps 16, I think. The area is gorgeous and there are outdoor activities (or not) + shopping/antiquing (or not) + just hanging out & relaxing! It is about a 3-hour drive from Washington, DC... you all could fly in there, we could meet @ my house, then drive out (only 2 hrs from my house). If we're serious, I could inquire re: dates & rates... when would be good? April/May, for our 1-year band-iversary!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Birthday Girls!! :)

Off to relax... aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Hey, I'm ALLLLL ABOUT THAT!! I know I don't post much, but I'd love to come! I need a vacation anyway ;-) And I've never been to the DC area. Heck, haven't left FL but a handful of times and most of that was to GA, NC, SC, lol. Hopefully it wouldn't cost too much cuz we're very much strapped for cash, but that'd be awesome! ((can i bring DH?)) :-)

Michelle- I've never been to VA! I have been to DC when I was kid, did all the touristy things with my family.. Was nice, really crowded though. This customer told me all about the traffic going into DC (where he works) and said it takes hours even though it's a 30m drive when there's no traffic. I can relate, when I lived in Albuquerque, 15m on the interstate turned into 1.5 hours during rush hour. But he said he'd show me around if I'd come up there, if I can swing this (and I probably could if everyone else is in!!) I'll just see him a day before the violets get together, or a day after and stay in the city overnight.

NO DH's!!!! Well, that's my vote anyway.. I love mine, but he's not part of my violets, and he would laugh at me if I told him everything we talked about.. would be nice to have a girls only :)

Real Quick before Amanda leaves......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA AND JENNIFER!!!!!

I hope your special days are happy and fun filled. I feel lucky to call you my friends---and wish we were close enough to Celebrate together!!!

(((((big BIG birthday hugs)))))

Kat

Even though Bob is an honorary Violet, I would leave him at home too. Would be fantastic getting together in that setting. Michelle.. check out dates in April of next year and rates. Might as well get something started!! Who knows.. it might just work out!!

Jennifur... is it really your birthday today too???? Or am I reading it wrong?

I can get roundtrip flights from here to DC around $173. So that's definitely doable for me. Find out what it would cost for the cabin, and see who all would want to go, cost per person, etc. :)

Count me in! I would love to spend some time in that beautiful setting. Ditto on the boys, I love my hunny but would prefer it to be all girls!

Ok, wanted to get that posted so I didn't miss saying it to Amanda.

I am ready for day 2, I had no real issues with the pill, I had kind of an icky stomach feeling, like I was full of air---but nothing ever come of it, I went to sleep and all was fine. Once Kinsey went to sleep, she did fine, stayed that way til after 8 this morning!

I know I often complain about my inlaws, and even my own family--but the situations like y'all are having makes me very appreciative of my families.

I have no issue of where we go---we all get together. Be it here, at my SIL's or my MIL's. Seldom at my folks, but that may change soon. We never met there much because my niece had young kids, and my parents were not set up for kids. Well now her kids are growing up, and my parents have adapted to having the great grandkids around!!! But we ALL gather! I come from a small family. My brother is my only sibling, he as I have said was injured, and is not married, and has no children. My grandparents have all passed away. We have one Aunt here, but they INSIST all their holidays be immediate family ONLY! So they never were there, and my other Aunts and Uncles were from other states. Our best friends don't have family here, so they usually joined us---their sons think my parents are their Grandparents...so seriously in High School the oldest son finally ask how they were related!!! But Rick on the other hand has a big family. Siblings with young kids, siblings with kids and grandkids....lots of people!!! Through the years, siblings have come and gone as jobs change etc. We still have I would guess close to 50 when we get together!!! Now as my kids and my nieces & nephews marry, they are running into the same issues you have...and there are times they are not there---which sucks!!! Our youngest DD is never with us. They stop by late in the day if at all. It hurts! But she is the one married to the HUGE Mama's boy who is the germaphobic! Oldest DD and DS make an effort to be fair, but you can see they want to be with us! We just try to give them what we have, and invite their inlaws to join us. Some have, others prefer not to!!

We usually make a menu plan, and try to get everyone involved...which I have complained before how that oftentimes does not happen!!! But knowing one way or the other everyone will be together, and no family will be sad about being alone...which is what my family would be---makes it much easier on me!

My granddaughter spends each Christmas Eve with her Dad. It is in their divorce decree, he gets every Christmas Eve, and Manda every Christmas morning. That way they can develop traditions for both, was the reasoning. My inlaws open gifts on Christmas Eve. So we usually spend the evening out there, and open what we receive out there, and take theirs to them that night.

For years the kids met here EARLY (6ish) on Christmas morning, or spent the night, even with spouses!! My folks and my brother come over same time, we eat and open gifts. Well now the kids have kids! So they stay at home, and open gifts since that is where Santa would leave them obviously! We have been invited to join them...not sure if we will, or if we will sleep in!!!

Then later in the morning, 11 ish, we will head to wherever dinner is going to be. As I stated this summer, I hosted ALL the summer gigs, I am not doing the holidays!!! So I WILL be going somewhere!!!

I wish you all luck settling the familial thing....I remember them well from my first marriage. It killed me to think of my folks and my brother sitting at the table all by themselves....without me!!! Or the kid to laugh at!!

I sympathize with you!!!!

Kat

Hey Violets~

I am sooo pissed that I popped on LBT today from work when I only had a few minutes. I didn't want to loose my place so I speed read through the posts. Then the bell rang and I had to deal w/ the children and forgot what I had just read. I think I need to take notes and then I can remember the personals so much better.

Happy Happy Birthday Amanda and Jennifer!!!

I AM SOOOOOO IN FOR A VACA IN THE CABIN! JUST THE VIOLETS, RIGHT? NO SIG. OTHERS? Or am I wrong? Let me know, either way...I AM IN! We need to start collecting Valuim for Jenn to fly! I am jazzed!!!

What else was I gonna write??? Who knows. The kids are writing compare/contrast essays...sooo I had a quick minute. Good news, study group is cancelled and I can go to Jazzercise!!!

Terry~I am curious about the BodyBugg. I might have to wait until our reunion to figure it out, hehe!!!

k, back to work.

peaceout

I just bought some Curves shoes (I didn't know they existed). I was flipping through an Avon catalogue while on smoke break and saw these. I love sandals (HATE SHOES).. wear flip flops year round.. so anyway, saw these and thought I'd give them a try. Maybe would help when I go on my walks.. all tennis shoes I've ever had (even the wide wide wide widths, and special recommended ones, etc.) give me blisters.

And this 'supposedly' tones your calves or whatever.

AVON- Products

I'll let you guys know how it works out :)

Judy - not my birthday... Ms-Jen's...lol that is why i changed my signature to Jenn a while back

Girls, I'm game for a trip in April!!!!! Michelle, isn't that about when the cherry blossoms start popping out? it is beautiful down there the end of april beginning of may.

I could do a long weekend - or a few days depending on where I'm working.

I am down today after my fill, I had 1/2 c cottage cheese for Breakfast and 1/4 c ricotta cheese mixed with 1 egg and some 2% mozz cheese for lunch. I am not going to claim my loss until tomorrow until it is steady.... I'm so happy but when it is the same for 2 days i'll be excited.

I am SO in for the cabin!! I also vote for no DH's....or, if you do bring a DH he has to sleep somewhere else and he can't show up before noon !! LOL I'm staying in my jammies 'til then!

OMG -- are we really going to be able to do this??? I won't be able to sleep until then!!!