Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

MS42: I think counting points at WW would be fine, but for me I just try to STICK to LOW CARBS, but seriously I have so much restriction its hard for me to eat meat in its grilled form... I have to mainly eat ground meat or meat that is chunked up in soup......

Denise: CONGRATS on the promotion and the bonus!!!! and I LOVE the US... your belly bean!

I have nearly 4cc's (so technically I'm full, anymore would be the considered the overfill status) in my band and my next fill appointment is on MONDAY and I truly don't think I'm going to keep it. I will make my decision Friday.

....(re: not busted in the face) ...

Laura - LOL, too funny. I was laughing so hard here at my desk. But you're right though. I am being too sensitive. I find myself looking for a veiled insult in every compliment. If someone says "you look nice today", immediately I'm thinking, do I not always look nice, do I look ratty most days? What the heck is wrong with me? I never used to be like this. Sigh, I hate that I'm getting like this...

Yeah I hope you realize, I was not trying to insult you either, you are beautiful :)

I was just trying to put a little perspective on it. I know personally when people say things, I COULD pick it apart and make it an insult all day long. But I know their intentions are to compliment me, and I just smile and thank them.

However, if someone says something about 'under all that fat', smirk at them and say "You sure are ugly under all that skin" HEHE!

DH's parents are horse trainers in TN, and they're in a city 30m south of us for a horseshow. We're going tomorrow night, should be fun. I love horses, that's one bonus of when we were dating, I thought it was SOOO hot that his parents lived on a ranch and had all these gorgeous horses.

DH brought up our Christmas situation with family, and I'm having mini-anxiety attacks.

Before DH came along our X-mas was like this--

Christmas Eve my parents and siblings.

Christmas Morning, moms side of the family (the big family get together).

Christmas Night- Mom's dads side of the family (who is now deceased and we hated his wife and blah blah, so this is out now)

Day after Christmas- Dad's side of the family, sometimes in Florida, sometimes they came here.

Last year.. DH and I did my family x-mas on the eve, x-mas day he rushed me, and I MISSED my big family thing on x-mas morning, we spent it driving to his parents and having x-mas dinner with them..

Now, this is same family we have cook outs with every Sunday, we're a very close family on that side. So I hated that I missed it.

He said this year, he wants to do the same thing.. go to his parents for X-mas dinner. Well, my family does 'mornings' but since all kids are grown up, we start around noon and hang out all day. I'm not missing X-mas with them again!!!

But he said I have to pick one or the other :)

I'm in such a rough spot, I know it's selfish of me but I don't want to go to his family's xmas!! They're a stuffy closed-off family. It's just a fancy dinner and sitting around drinking wine.

My family is talking, chatty good times, everyone having FUN.

I don't know what to do, I know I know it's bad of me to not want to accomodate him, but darn it. I said, have your family do it the day AFTER xmas. And duh that's selfish, but it's just his parents, brothers, and possibly g'ma.

If I ask my family to rearrange their plans, it's 4 aunts and uncles, cousins, parents, my siblings and their significant others, granny, etc.

I'm trying to think of something fair and logical to do :)

OH today is Jennifer's bday too...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning,

Forgive any odd spellings or typos... am on my dh's laptop & the keys are not at all where I'm used to them being! LOL!

This location *would* be a great one for a Violet's gathering! It sleeps 16, I think. The area is gorgeous and there are outdoor activities (or not) + shopping/antiquing (or not) + just hanging out & relaxing! It is about a 3-hour drive from Washington, DC... you all could fly in there, we could meet @ my house, then drive out (only 2 hrs from my house). If we're serious, I could inquire re: dates & rates... when would be good? April/May, for our 1-year band-iversary!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Birthday Girls!! :)

Off to relax... aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Laura - LOL, too funny. I was laughing so hard here at my desk. But you're right though. I am being too sensitive. I find myself looking for a veiled insult in every compliment. If someone says "you look nice today", immediately I'm thinking, do I not always look nice, do I look ratty most days? What the heck is wrong with me? I never used to be like this. Sigh, I hate that I'm getting like this...

You know what's really been bugging me, and I know it shouldn't be?? When people want to compliment me and say "How you doing Skinny?" or one girl at work calls me "Betty Boop" now....i know they mean well, I know they're complimenting me....but for some reason, I don't like it....it makes me uncomfortable. I guess it's because I don't see myself as matching those titles and I don't feel they should call me that. I've still got a long way to go, ya know?

Have any of you experienced that? Being bugged about people calling you Skinny or Slim or Tiny? I don't know, I guess I'm traditional in that sense, if you want to compliment someone, just do it "Hey, you are doing really well, you're looking great"....ya know? Whether good or bad, don't 'name' me. I have a name, lol.

I'm not a fan of outdoor activities, but I love cabins, shopping and antiquing.. and i LOVE hanging out & relaxing with friends!!

I could possibly do that, I don't think flights from DC are too expensive and I have a big client that said he's 30m north of DC and keeps asking me to come up. So I could turn it into a semi-business trip (come in a day early and let him show me DC) and the company would reimburse me :)

Panda- Hehehe! I *WISH* someone would call me skinny. Seriously though, I can see how that would be annoying. But you're doing fantastic, you really do pass for 'average' weight in the last pics I've seen of you!! That's AMAZING! I *wish*.

Laura...

That is one of the things they don't tell you about in bride-to-be classes! :)

DH & I worked it out this way: We spend Thanksgiving w/his side of the family (they sound more like your in-laws... fewer folks, not as "in" to Christmas, don't make a big deal of it...) and then Christmas w/my side (which we rotate hosting between my house & my two sisters' homes). Then, sometimes, we either go to in-laws home (in NJ) for New Year's, or they come to our home, but it's not written in stone.

You could also flip-flop the above plan each year, too... 1st year like that, 2nd year your folks' for T'giving, his for Xmas... back & forth.

The fun of marital compromise! Good luck!

Thanks Tracy!! LOL, I need to be a princess for a day! No Laura, you didn't insult me at all. I knew exactly what you were pointing out. It was exactly like you said...

As far as the Christmas situation, I'm in the same boat. Each year the holidays are ubber stressful. We always always fight about where we're gonna be for Thanksgiving, Christmas and even New Year's Eve. I know that Juan never looks forward to the holidays because he knows it's just going to be a tug of war between his mom and I. I wish I could help but I'm gonna wait and hear what the other Violets say about this...

Panda - I for one will be thrilled the day someone calls me SLIM. He he he... I might be singing a different tune once that finally happens but for now no one will ever use that moniker with me!

Laura, Where 30 mins n of DC? I live about 60 m north of DC in Frederick, MD... so it's all on the way!! :)

PS... I'm not THAT into outdoor activities, either (& trust me, they have them ALL here... lake activities to horseback riding to biking to white-water rafting to a "mountain coaster"... everthing!), but my mom & I just came back from a lovely walk in the woods... the leaves are beautiful & falling like crazy... it was so cool & nice!