Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

OMG ... I am so crazy, I just went to watch last weeks biggest looser and my dd recorded something that took up the rest of my space so it only recorded the first 1/2... what team lost? who got kicked off..

I can't stand it.

Good evening, Violets..

Just got back from a Democratic party meeting and it was meet the candidates night. Such a longggggggggg meeting, but very informative. We endorsed two City Council candidates, but not a Mayoral one.

Tomorrow I will have to go to the hospital to do my volunteer work. They called to day and need me, so in I go. Then our PMS (Pastor's Main Squeeze) group meets for lunch at the China Buffet. Now that will be interesting since I said I wouldn't set foot in there again after the last time we ate there. Oh well.. it's not about the food, right girls??

TracyK.. prayers are offered for your nephew and your family that he will get the help he is crying out for.

Pamela.. glad you're doing a bit better. Are you going to school tomorrow????

Kat..prayers headed your way too that everything turns out fine with your bloodwork.

My Daily Plate says I had 1,168 calories today and after exercise, it was 868 net calories. I'll take that!!

I'm off to watch CSI-Miami and then head to bed. Everyone have a good night and a better day tomorrow.

Patience, Trust, and WWJD??

Accountability time!...

B: WC oatmeal with milk & butter

L: chicken salad, 4 saltines, plum

S: orange

D: tilapia & green beans& sugar free fudgsicle

Still working on my Water -- should get in 64 oz.

Exercise: rowing, cycle & elliptical 50 minutes

NET CALORIES: 721; 58 g protein

Everyone did great today!! Keep it up!!!

TracyK - I am so very sorry about your nephew! That really breaks my heart. My boss has a son with a seizure disorder and he is in a group home and doing very well. Unfortunately it is extremely expensive. I cannot imagine the grief your sister (and all your family) must be experiencing. If something like that happened to my precious nephew I'd go crazy!

Kat - I'm trying not to worry....but you're not helping!! When are you going to know the results of these tests?

Jenn - Obviously there IS work in other towns as our fellow violets attest!... would you ever consider relocating? Sounds like your town just doesn't have any work! What's the dang deal?

Hey Violets~

Judy, yes back to work tomorrow...but not to school. Today and tomorrow are the last 2 days of this training I've been doing the last few weeks. At first I was glad to be out...but what a pain in the neck w/ the sub plans etc. I figure I can make it tomorrow, just bringing my cup and some tea bags for the throat. Then Wed. is minimum day w/ meetings in the afternoon. I was feeling better, then not...you know how that goes. Think your well, then your feeling sick again!

Kat~ Keep us posted. That is kinda scary, but we are here for you.

Terry~ I didn't do too well today. Since I was getting stuck w/ everything. I even got stuck w/ a banana. I took some bites of chic...no good. Ended up w/ 1/3 can of Soup for about 150 cal. Had to make a shake earlier for about 330 cal. (I needed the protien). I am hoping I loosen up a bit. OH yeah, had a protien bar for Breakfast that I buy from the surgeons office. I think it is 15 g. of protien and 150 cal.

Then I realized that i am due for TOM as of yesterday or today. Anyone watch Weeds and Californication??? Great shows tonight! Watching Dancing w/ the stars now then off to bed. sleep well violet sistas!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

Jenn, if you want to train as a Diesel mechanic, and have your own tools, and want to work for one of the most despised companies in the world....come on down!!!!! Everything you hear about them is concerning oil, and here they actually do natural gas work....but it is no fun anyway....but this close to retirement, he is staying put!!!

Good Luck tomorrow Pamela, feel better!!! When do you go to Susannes?

Thanks so much for the well wishes. I am having a nuclear study ( iodine dose I would imagine) and a fine needle biopsy is my understanding....either the end of this week or the first of next. Blood work tomorrow. That should put all my test results getting done so I can see an endocrinologist, or an oncologist, or a surgeon....and get this party started.

I am trying to remain upbeat, I am struggling with it. The thought of going through chemo again has me seriously troubled. It was extremely difficult the first time---I felt like it took everything I had to get myself through it...and continue with a semi normal life. I feel better, I know I am healthier, but I am also older, and know what I am looking at. I know that each time I thought it couldn't get worse, it did! I know I am whining......just venting. Overall I feel pretty positive. I know with my history it puts me in a high risk....but overall thyroid cancer is not a killer, and it is not common. Whatever it takes. But dammit girls, my hair just began growing back!!! Wouldn't ya know it!!!

Well we just finished watching an amazing end to the game, and are heading off to bed. Will check in in the morning, or when I get back tomorrow.

Kat

((Kat))

I don't know how many types of thyroid cancer there may be, but one my best gf's had it (they told her that if she was going to get cancer, that this was the best kind to get) and they just took it out & then she had just one radiation treatment (where she couldn't be around anyone else for a few days). That was it! (Then she went on to get the "best" kind of skin cancer on her face... twice! We joke that, yeah, she keeps getting cancer, but only the "best" for her!) You're in my good thoughts!!

Thanks for the prayers for my nephew. It is a disfunctional family...the extended family (including me) just do not what to do or say anymore. I just put it in the lords hands.

Kat-sounds like you have a positive attitude. That is great! Let us know how it goes! We will all be thinking of you!

Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning, Violets.. Just got in from letting the "garage" dog out. She's been trying to bury her ball in my flower beds so I have to keep an eye on her. Usually I go out and read the paper while she plays, but now I have to keep one eye on her. After all the work I put into those flower beds, I can't let her destroy them trying to bury a tennis ball!!!

I'm off to eat breakfast and then get ready to head to the hospital to do my volunteer job. Everyone have a great day and Kat.. you especially take care!!

Hi Girls

I was away at a wedding, but I'm back now

there was too much to catch up on, so apologies if I missed anything I should be addressing to any of you!!

I did however read you post MICHELLE and thank you for your more than kind offer. It is truly wonderful of you, and what a gesture! Thank You..My Mother is gonna travel with me to support me (as she always does and has!) So I will have company, and she will kick anyone's ass if they lock me up!! (At this point I'm joking about it, but I shouldn't

So again Michelle, thank you, but I'm ok to travel and face the music with me mammy!! I heard about the woman who died after being arrested at some airport, I have to say, the amount of unnecessary force used is a disgrace.. I ended up with a black eye after my "Treatment" for God's sake ...Such A-holes!!

I was completely man-handled by my "arresting" parties.. I had bruises on my arms and feet too and my wrists were swollen after being cuffed! It must feel great for these b***ards to legally mistreat people.. I mean, I can understand if I was charging someone with a knife but I maintain my reaction warrented more of a medical situation/response than that of a public threat!! I wasn't even given Water until hours later!!

y lawyer in VA is confident that I'll be ok. I have letters from my GP, Psychologist, my ER visit paperwork, my Rx's and I also have a character reference from our police chief, with whom I have a very good relationship as we have worked together on charitable fundraising events over the past few years

Anyway, enough of that.

What's shakin?

Kat - That is what dbf use to do at the RailRoad, then became supervisor and can't direct trains because of his short term memory loss he forgets what he does from one min to the next. I could borrow his tools. LOL

I am sure you are fine!!!! but i see the concern to get to the bottom of it

Well, I'm off to Walmart to do some serious grocery shopping

:clap2:Hello All,

I just got back from a Girl Friends Trip!! Soooo much fun. We went driving in Conneticut, stayed in beautiful Inns and just relaxed and enjoyed NOT taking care of anyone, not working!!

I don't have time to read all of the posts I missed but I did catch a few...so hugs and prayers to those that want them.

Ohh and I lost 4 lbs on vacation and didn't suffer at ALL... I LOVE MY BAND:whoo::whoo:

Kat - I ditto what Michelle said. I have a friend who also had thyroid cancer...she was in her late 30's at the time. Her treatment was like Michelle described...nothing like the chemo you had before. We'll all be praying for you! It worked for Kinsey! :) We must have some kind of power with the Universe! If love counts for anything, then you're covered!!

Amanda - You sure go to a lot of weddings! LOL Any excuse to Celebrate, eh? Glad to hear your mam is going with you.

TracyK - keep us informed about your nephew...poor baby. Makes me so sad that someone would be that desperate. When Evan (ds) was 15 I found suicide notes that he had written....and as you can imagine we jumped all over it and that marked the beginning of his treatment which has proven to be a life-saver (literally). He was dx'd borderline ADHD and 'mildly' bi-polar...the kind that hopefully he will outgrow when his hormones stop raging. He is 150% better now and where he was depressed and failing school, he is now much, much happier and, for the first time since elementary school, brought home A's and B's on this first six weeks' report card...including in Physics, Calculus and Engineering Design! ;) You can imagine the sigh of relief I am breathing!

Ya'll have a great day!

HH - Your trip sounds heavenly!! How long were you gone? Are the leaves changing? (must be!) I was there about 10 years ago and every little town is like a picture postcard....so beautiful! I'll bet ya'll had a wonderful time.

Hey, maybe we could do that for our Violets trip?? That way Jenn could join us! I could definitely do a long weekend in Conn., VT or somewhere up there. It's so different from Texas!

This is a really pretty time here, in the fall. I love CT, dbf use to drill there, in New Loundon (Mystic) area and then New Haven, which I loved the people but was a city that was not as relaxing.

I am trying to get the courage to want to fly,