Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

YEAH TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam: Get better soon sistah...........

I'm with you Laura! I see a low once and I change my sig!

The person I spilled the Beans to at work just spent the last half hour in my office....... she has told no one....... AMAZING

Also... she is only at 31 BMI and our insurance will not cover under 35......... so she may be looking into self pay, I told her about the closest options for us...... Denver/TopekaKS and also Mexico.......... She has done some research on it and actually called around to find out prices....

She did ask me how much I weighed but I just told her that I'm down 57lbs and several sizes........ she's young....... but she has family history out the wazzzzzzzooooooo for heart trouble and obesity.

Fantastic Terry!! You're now our official BodyBugg "guinea pig"!! You can test it for us & tell us ALL about it! (In all your "free" time!) Yay, you!! :o

Does it count as a "bounce" if it just goes up?? :rolleyes (LOL)

I am going to try, try, try to be good, good, good this week w/food & exercise AND not get on the scale 'til next Monday. Whew! Wish me luck!! (Especially since tomorrow we're dining out in DC w/our German friends after our "private" tour of the US Capitol building! I think I'll wear my Bracelet as a little "Violet" reminder of what to do!!)

WOOHOO TERRY!

You'll have to let us know if it's worth it. Sounds like a glorified myplate (free) + pedometer (free.. with my bariatrict surgery LOL.. till husband broke it one day from shaking it really hard.. men!).

I'm skeptical, I hope you prove me wrong! I like new gadgets.

OK, no nap for me...I've just read the entire Body Bugg thread on the exercise page. I am just not sure about logging in the food, I am not good at it now. But I like that it tells you your deficit daily. Interested in Terry's journey w/ it, and sharing w/ us. I don't want to spend the money for nothing. How much is the monthly cost?

ttfn

I'm pretty good about logging my food, I do it at work for the day before normally. I don't keep up with how much Water I drink or entering in exercise. Sometimes I disagree with its calculations of calories spent from said exercises.. and adding water doesn't change any of my values.. and I drink water throughout the day as I want to drink it, I don't want to look at it and go "oh no, I need 2 more bottles of water!" and just start chugging it lol.

A husband and wife were scheduled to attend a Halloween party. The wife got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the Halloween party

alone. He, being a devoted husband, protested,

But she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time to be spoiled by her not going.

So he took his costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, woke without pain, and as it was still early, decided to go to the party. As her husband didn't know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him. So she joined the party and soon spotted her husband in his costume, cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice 'chick' he could and copping a little feel here and a little kiss there.

His wife went up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his new partner high and dry and devoted his time to her. She let him go as far as he wished, naturally, since he was her husband.

After more drinks he finally whispered a little proposition in her ear and

she agreed, so off they went to one of the cars and had passionate intercourse

in the back seat. Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away and went home and put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make up for his outrageous behavior.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, so she asked what kind of time he had. 'Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not there.'

Then she asked, 'Did you dance much?' He replied, I'll tell you; I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guy, so we went into the spare room and played poker all evening.

'You must have looked really silly wearing that costume playing poker all night!'

she said with unashamed sarcasm.

To which the husband replied, 'Actually, I gave my costume to your brother, apparently he had the time of his life'.

OMG Terry

that is so funny, I'm laughing out loud and my kids think I'm nuts

ROFLMAO....OMG terri!!! I needed that!!

Haydee-we should get together someday. Just let me know when!! Maybe Terri would wanna join us?

Wow, there were so many posts to catch up un since this morning that I can not remember everything I wanted to say:confused:

I have a general idea of my daily caloric intake. I can not get on the internet to those kinds of sites while I am at work so I just keep a running total in my head and then just ctrl-alt-delete my brain at the end of the day so I can start over the next day. Its working pretty good so far!!

Last night my 24 year old nephew tried to kill himself. He is in ICU right now. I feel so sorry for him. He has to live with his parents (my sister and her "spawn of satan" husband) because he has seizures and is not allowed to drive. He never has had a "normal" life. Well, he got into it with his dad yesterday and when his parents went to church, he took 2 bottles of his seizure medication and his youngest brother found him on the bathroom floor. He is still out of it today, has woke up a time or 2 but was just blubbering nonsense. They are worried that he will wake up violent. He tried to kill himself when he was a teenager. We are worried that he will be involuntarily committed. Please pray for him (and my sister).

Pamela-get well sistah!

Everyone have a good evening!

Terry~ Thanks for the giggles...that was funny!

TracyK~So sorry to hear about your nephew. Your whole family is devastated I am sure. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I had a massive sweat session, still am. I feel a bit better, but have a bad sore throat. Got up and did dishes and a load of laundry so that is good. I ended up having to make a shake today to get some protien in, I got stuck on chick sal and stuck on banana. I hope I am on the mend...hate being sick.

I miss Susanne and am looking forward to seeing her Sat. My dad and his wife of 31 years will be here this weekend, and I said, " I can have dinner on Friday night, but not Sat. I will be gone to Susannes." I haven't seen my dad since we were there in July, but I gotta prioritize! Gonna go do some work on my 2nd job! Pop in later!

xoxo

Accountability time!!!!

Breakfast- 3/4 vanilla Frappuccino- 150c

Lunch- 1 pack quaker granola bites, 2 crackers- 124c

After Work snack- sugar free pudding 60c

Dinner- Swedish Meatballs (in a homemade sauce) 300c

Sauteed Squash- 50c

Other: 1/2 IDS New Whey Protein- 88c

4x 16.9oz bottles of water= 67oz Water

And I might have a capri-sun & 1oz of beef jerkey when we go to bed (190c).

Grand total: 962 calories today, NOT BAD if I do say so myself.

TracyK I am so sorry for your nephew!!! I know how devastating that can be. Depending on what type of "institution" he were to be sent to, it could be a good thing. If his Dad is that terrible, and he has tried before, he might succeed next time if steps are not taken to address the problem---and home may be part of the problem. I will for sure say a prayer for him!

Pamela--sounds like maybe the bug is burning itself out...drink lots of liquid, stay hydrated, that will help with your throat.

I have to have a nuclear medicine work up on my thyroid, and a fine needle aspiration biopsy. There are several issues the Dr. does not like, that could be bad. BUT the overall possibility of it being cancer are fairly low, it is most common in under 20 and over 70 years of age. I am neither! They do not like that it is a growing nodule on a normal reading thyroid. Usually benign growths disturb the function, my in functioning fine. It also showed cold on the scan whatever that meant...I thought that would be a good thing, he talked like it isn't. I have some lymph glands that look a bit off, so they too will be studied. I am fasting after 8 tonight, so I can donate tons of blood to be looked at tomorrow morning. Fun!

I am roasting alive, the kitchen is hot!!! I have dinner ready and waiting, but Rick has not made it home yet. He is having hell at work, he has no experienced hands, and inexperience is causing problems...he cannot find people to hire! He literally gets no applications....especially with experience. He has one experienced heavy duty machinery mechanic coming in to interview, but he wants about 2 bucks more an hour than they allow them to pay---which is most of the problem, but in a huge company that is ridiculously tight with the purse strings for the obvious amount of money they make.....it infuriates my DH!!! Oh well, hopefully he makes it home soon!

Will check back in later tonight, while the game is on.

Kat

Went shopping with my son today, so everything was slightly off (normally eat more Protein and fiber):

1/2 c. organic Cereal

1 c. organic milk

1 slim-fast low carb shake

Frullati smoothie w/ Protein Powder

Walnuts (1/8 c.)

1 c. organic milk

1/4 c. chicken breast

Total calories: 941 Total protein: 73 grams

No "official" exercise, just walking the mall with an 11 year old.

TracyK - Your nephew & sister are in my prayers. Remember, I had someone special kill himself 3 years ago. I am glad he is alive and can get proper treatment - but I know how horrible everyone must feel.

Kat - your hubby need a good apprentice? LOL

Kat- SOUNDS JUST LIKE MY WORK!!!

We are trying to hire more people for the plant, and since we're understaffed, we're having a lot of errors, lots of lost money for reprinting and people like me (the sales staff) have to go back and smooth things over.

Our problem is we're hiring press apprentices.. which I guess draws NO ONE's attention in the paper. And they have 12 hour shifts through to Christmas because this is our busy season (another turn off), we run 24 hours, so some of the shifts are through the night, and apprentices make like $11 an hour, but their sole purpose is to learn how to operate the press, and eventually move up to press man ($25+ an hour).. but people are never there long enough to get to the good pay. People don't seem to be too hungry in our city, I guess. We have a lot of people come and work for a week and then quit.. last press helper that quit left a POST IT on the press "This isn't for me" and disappeared.

End of rant, can't do anything about it. Heard someone from England is flying in (experienced press man), I can't wait, I hope it works out!

Good Evening!

I won't even THINK about anything that makes me count and log ANYTHING.......... I know enough about myself to know that I won't do it... hell, I can't even keep a food journal! blah

Watching Heros back later