Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

You gals are doing so well, and I feel like I'm failing - honestly for the first time. ...

Ok Jennifer, I'm going to cut you som slack because it's TOM, but... what are you complaining about? You have lost 75 lbs. I'm still trying to get to 50. Your BMI is much lower. You are much taller than me, I'm sure, I'm only 5'2 and I'm over 200 lbs.

You need to get cracken, and get to reading. Do something for somebody else to get your mind off of yourself. You have too much to offer! Since you finished school last spring does the school have job placement. Social Services doesn't like to pay out money to those who can work. Have you asked them about placement services or training in a different area. Go volunteer at the children's school. In fact, with your degree you can substitute teach. Check with the School district office. I know in most states you can sub with and AA or 60 units, so there's an area you can explore. In fact, most school districts offer continuing education so you can be certified.

How about yard teacher, school crossing guard, sell Avon the start-up is $10 and you make 50% profit on the first 3 months and after that you get basically 20% but you will have established a customer base by then and they offer help to make you successful plus you'll meet new positive people.

I don't buy books. I go to the library. It's cheeper (free) and if I don't like the book, I haven't wasted any money. If they don't have the book you want they will order it for you.

How about a Mommy Service? Pick up and drop off children after school? Oo offer your services on school and snow days so parents don"t have to take off from work? Great association for your kids and gives them someone else to do things with and you won't have to entertain them as much. How about tutoring????

Just trying to throw some ideas out for you so you don't have time to lament and dwell on what's wrong put look at what is right.

It's esy being the victim, and I ought to know, I've been one for years! But no more!!!! Take charge of your life. Don't give others the power over you. Take charge of your self. 'If you love life, get on the ball!'

Tracey, that is GREAT.. I had my lapband on 4/26. I weighed in at 280, as of today I weigh 249... What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't I have lost more weight? Well I just started excersing 2 weeks ago..

I'm out!! Gotta go to the gym and work-out mu frustrations then back home to clean house. (I hate to clean)

Called the doctor and he said that dh can go back to work! After sitting at home with me for almot 3 months, I can't wait!!!

TTFN

DH is outta the house and back to work, no wonder Ms jen is flyin' high and given such awesome advice, she is on a roll---get 'em girl!!!!

Kat

That's true.. Jennifer I am 6'0 and have lost 54lbs, with 99lbs to go! What are you complaining about? LOL!!!

You're doing great, keep your chin up and be proud of yourself!!

Mdrai- Ok just for example.. lets say its on my left arm.. and I'm bowling (which I know burns lots of cals!!), and I bowl with my right arm.. how does it know what's going on? What is it tapping into LOL.

I'm interested if it's legitimate, but I need to understand how it comes up with its info first..

Thanks for cutting me slack. LOL. Mentally I have so much going on it is consuming me. I do need an attitude adjustment. My head dr is not on my new insurance - I love her and really need to talk to her.

As for job, at least I have one, it is just the hours. I am so off - I just need to find what works. My friend just joined the Y and she is going to do aqua aerobics with me 3 days a week starting Wed, so that will be good motivation. I need to get up and get in the shower at 6:30 every day so I get moving and not fool around then shower.

I will figure it out this week. I am going to the library on Thursday and i'm going to get that book. I won't have ds with me and boy, he is just full of himself and I can't get much done with him.

Oh and this isn't an NSV I earned, just error on some clothing maker's part..

When me and mom went clothing shopping a month or so ago (she wears 12/14..) there was this really cute shirt.. and the only size they had was 14/16, so mom got it and I was going to live vicariously through her hehe.

Well, she finally tried it on, and it was way too big, didn't fit well at all. She was going to give it to my aunt (who is about a 14/16), but I said.. for giggles, let me try it!!

So I put it on yesterday, fit *perfectly*. So, I wore a 14/16 yesterday! The sizing was way messed up (this was from Cato's). It's more like an 18/20 at the least...but still to say I put on a size 14/16 BUTTON UP shirt with no problems LOL! Felt good regardless. Never happened before in my life.

Good for you Jennifer, set your priorities and cross them out as you do them. Do what you can and 'oh well' what you can't.

and Ijust have to remember that right now the Eve in you is coming out.

(Genesis 3:16) . . .To the woman he said: "I shall greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy; in birth pangs you will bring forth children, and your craving will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.. . .

db my not be your husband but you put him in the position as one, so there it is in a nut shell. Because of Adam & Eve's sin that inperfection has been passed down to their offspring and everything that goes with it. But you still don't have to allow it. We do have control of our lives. And men don't have to dominate and we don't have to accept it.

Now, I'm out the door fore real to the gym.

see ya!!!

Jenn, the other Jennifers idea of a list might be something that really works for you. My RL best friend, would accomplish nothing if not for a list!!! My brother is the same way! I always have a list going--well a few lists actually! There is the ever present grocery list on the fridge. There is a list of goals on my mirror. And my daily To-Do list. Most days I don't need the to-do, but if I am suffering from lack of motivation, I will make one, and work to cross off as much as possible!!

The list making was suggested to my brother by his therapist back many years ago, and he makes them faithfully, on yellow legal pads, in his distinctive block printing (fairly serious brain damage) he lists jobs to do, other mundane tasks, then he makes lists of things he has, people he loves, blessings in his life. It is never surprising to see him sit down and pull out a list to share. He is quite an artist, he decorates his lists, mostly doodles, occasionally embellishing the list with pictures associated with what the list is. He lives alone, and spends hours on end with no one to talk to...the list making is his company!!! It keeps him on track!

Something about both making the list, and mentally organizing yourself as you list things, as well as the accomplishment of crossing things off as they are done---helps!

Back in the day when I was so unhappy, I would itemize every single detail to cleaning my house...vaccum LR, stack magazines, dust lampshades....every thing!!! Then as I worked and marked things off, it felt like no matter the mess I had called a life, I was at least getting something done! It was an extremely stressful time of my life. I was alone raising a child, I was trying to support us, and going to TX to face off with my ex in court---worrying that he would get off the charges and kill me! Everything I put on my list gave me time to think about that and not about him.

It might be of help to you! it is a wonderful organizational help!!!

Good idea MsJen!!! One I do, but had not thought to suggest!!! Not really any different than logging our food---kind of logging our life in advance!!!

Kat

The body bugg does not calculate what calories you put IN....you do that thru the food input database on their website (like dailyplate.com) but the bugg does calculate how much energy (calories) you've expended during the day and I believe it does it by your pulse and body temp...things like that...in addition to information you've given on your profile. There is a monthly service fee also.

There is a body bugg thread in the exercise forum with lots of info.

Happy&Healthy: ANOTHER BAND TWIN FOR ME! wheeeeeee :car:

I think you are doing great! I lost 19 lbs on my pre op diet which was self imposted LowCarb Liquid..... I have "small" band and am close to capacity... (I have 4cc's) with 1-2 cc's room in overfill.......... I have been very restricted since August 27th, and only last night did I notice a big difference in the amount I am physically able to eat.

I am no angel.. as I love junk........... but I do TRY to adhere to a few rules.

1. I focus on Protein and water.... (I do not count calories because I suck at it)

2. I TRY to not eat anything after 7p.m. (In my head this gives me extra time to work off my dinner)

3. I watch my carbs and eat things that are low in sugar....

4. I TRY to not have much diet soda......

5. I TRY to stay away from the icecream.

6. I TRY to make it to the gym at least 3 times a week..... (I made it two times last week)

Heck.. I don't know.... all I do know is that I'm bouncing from 215-218 and it is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!

I've been bouncing numbers, but that's what I do.. till it becomes new bounced numbers.

Like, it was 285-287 bounce, bounce.. then it's 283-285, bounce bounce. Right now it's 279-281 I keep bouncing.

I just wait for the new 'bounced' number and that's my new ticker, cause I know it's going to go below that soon hehe.

WOO HOO!!! I just won an auction for a Body Bugg!! A new gizmo! $230!!

Ok, I just calculated it and so far this weight loss journey has cost me roughly $477/pound lost! :o Remind me never to do this calculation again!!

Wow Terry~ It has been a body bugg kinda day around here. I looked on ebay, but don't know shit form shinola on that...how to use it or bid. Keep us posted on if you like it, etc. I began to worry about wearing this thing all the time. Although I am curious, I am not sure. I like the idea of keeping track how much I exert...vs...take in. Would you wear it during your workouts? You can tell from my posts that I am sick. I am not making much sense.

Daytime TV sucks! I am too sick to do homework. Gonna take a nap.

peaceout

ttfn