Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Welcome Kelly.... glad to have you with us....

Judy - that is a great idea to advertise a support group. We have one at the hospital I went to but it is the 2nd monday of the month and I can't always get there with cheerleading. I have been meeting people who want info and I am happy to help. I think that is a great idea. I would love to do a coffee shop type support group. OH WAIT....we are not suppose to drink coffee. LOL

Terry count me IN!!!

Yesterday will remain a mystery on calories, but I've got it for the rest of the week :car:

I am the same way, during the week with work I have no problem staying in my normal calorie limits, and not snacking. But weekends are a real bummer in the food department for me!

Thanks Chica! I haven't seen a full body pic of you have I???

Okay so I wimped out halfway through my post up there. My original one was twice as long but now I can't remember what I had said or to who.

I'll check in later with ya'll. Oh I did mean to tell Jenn that I was thinking about her last night. Jenn - I was thinking about you last night girl. I want to come up there and give you a great big hug. It's only a few weeks more till I see you. I'm gonna bring Ms. Jen with me if things don't sort themselves our with your man... :heh:

I was just thinking about that too. I am really looking forward to it

Laura - No! I'm scared to take one. My face and chest are my slimmest parts of me so I try to always hide my lower half!!! he he he... I have some full body shots at home on my laptop that I will post here later on tonight. Yuck.

I just updated my ticker. 13 more pounds until I'm halfway to my goal! Yay! I was trying to be halfway to goal at my 6 month mark but it looks like I'll hit -50 pounds instead. I weighed 295 on my surgery day so I always track my weight lost from that number.

Yaaay Chica!

And we're all here because we at least all started fat! And I think most of us have posted our muffins, and rolls, and things hanging from places they aren't suppose to. It's safe here! :car:

You are beautiful!

Morning Violets~

Kat and Kelly, you all looked great! Anytime we can go from LBT to real life it is great! Kelly your welcome here. I swear, this is the greatest thread ever.

What the hell??? The scale is up to 254.6...and I can barely eat anything. I had 1/2 can of chic Soup, 1/2 can of bean soup...and 1/3 c. of crab sal. I drank so much hot tea and Water yesterday. How did the scale go up???? The only thing I can think of is dirty greasy hair weighs more than clean hair.

Well, still sick. I slept soooo poorly last night. Then at 4am, had some liquid Tylenol...that helped. I could tell I had a fever...my face was sooooo red. I am pissed that I am sick. I can't go to Jazzercise class tonight, maybe tomorrrow too if I am still this sick, then Wed and Thurs I have meetings and can't go those nights. That totally sucks...last week I went 5 times (hell, they only offer the class 5 times...I made it to everyone). So, I've already derailed my exercise challenge for Oct. I swear I really love that class. Sat (when I was first getting sick) I even went in. Anyway, enough complaining...but it still pisses me off.

Terry~ I'll count all calories this week. So far i've had 30 from my Creamer. I never did like dailyplate or the other one because once I tried to post and couldn't find the food or something...just no patience w/ that. But I can read labels or look stuff up and count calories. What is everyone's take on the Body Bug??? Puddin posted on the before/after pix thread about it and I checked it out. Very expensive, but I like how it totally holds you accountable. I just wanna get to 249 (first goal). She said she was a really slow loser the first 8 months. Maybe that will be me...8 months in then wooooshhhh! Especially w/ that class (if I can get there).

OK, I can tell it is time for my tylenol. I'll be lurkiing today!

xoxox

Hope you start feeling better kity!!!

Just something exciting I just realized too.. when I lose 2 more lbs I will officially NOT BE MORBIDLY OBESE!!! :clap2::whoo::whoo:

I will be BMI of 39.. and only Severely Obese. What a great feeling it is to know that!

Of course, after yesterday I may have more than 2lbs to lose! I'm not looking at the scale, I'm keeping up the good mojo!

You gals are doing so well, and I feel like I'm failing - honestly for the first time. I really hope that the fill works. this is only my 2nd one. I am so tired from working the hours i'm working that I'm not going to the gym like I should. I feel like I'm sleeping all the time. Maybe TOM is not helping but I was doing so great and now I'm just stuck. bouncing between 210-214, no higher no lower. It is just so frstrating while all you ladies are doing so well - i'm not moving.

Well, on that happy note, I'm off to the grocery store to get a few things, tomorrow is big shopping day at wallyworld.

Pamela - I totally want a Body Bugg and have been shopping on Ebay for one....I refuse to pay $350!!! I can maybe get one for $225-250 if I"m lucky. However, if you don't like using Daily Plate or Fitday, you probably won't like Body Bugg (from what I hear)....that the food data interface is "hard to use". Just something for you to research and think about. I figure I can get away with wearing one more easily now that the cooler weather is coming and I 'll be wearing more sleeves.

Good Monday Morning, Vi's~~

Back from my 3 aqua classes @ the Y... phew! Put me in the "back on track" club also for today... weekends always mess me up... I love the routine of the week for eating & exercising properly. My scale is up, too... but I'm ignoring it... so there!

Pam, I hope you feel better soon! Wowsa! We must be psychic twins today... I was going to post about the Body Bugg, too! Here's the link if you don't know what it is:

BODYBUGG :: HOW IT WORKS

It is pricey, but I'm thinking that, HEY, I'M WORTH IT!... maybe I'll ask for it for Xmas. That or I was thinking of pricing out elipticals, which are probably way more than that. Wait! I know! My "LBT Secret Santa" can get it for me! Which one of you is the secret millionaire?? LOL!

Time to hit the books... make it a great one, everyone!!

Hmmmm Terri, I hadn't thought of that... wearing it... duh... I'm so bad @ remembering to put on my pedometer!! Hmmmmm...

I can't watch videos at work. What does it do??

Here's my dilemma (since I don't know how this works?!)..

According to random calculators I've found on the internet, for me to lose 2lbs a week I need to eat between 2100-2650 calories a day.

Then there's my doctor's scale.. which gives me this info also. And I have to weigh barefoot on some metal things.. I asked one of the doctor's assistants about it, he didn't know what it was, so he just gave me a generic answer "yes, go by that".

But it said 2005 calories a day.

So, what is accurate? Is my doctor's scale giving me valid info? Those calculators are so different, what do I go by? The first surgeon I saw, did a metabolism test and at the time (333lbs) for me to lose 2lbs a week I could eat 3500 calories!

That being said, I am between 1300-1600 a day right now (minus yesterday!!!).. and I am NOT losing 2lbs a week.

So.. I'm confused, and my brain boggled.

What's body bugg do? Is it just a rough calculator like the websites, or what?

Jennifur - Don't get discouraged with your weight staying the same or bouncing between two numbers.

I had the same issue, I could not break the 229-230 mark for about 2 months. I finally had another fill, which makes my 4th fill and now I am at 3cc in a 4cc band. I was told by the doctor that a plateau or a fluctuation between a few punds is absolutely normal for lap banders. She also said that if you keep measuring, journaling, exercising and get in your fluids, eventually it will drop off again. She also said that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are exercisng consistently and strength training as well you are building muscle. Until the fat can get burned off from the muscle, then your weight will fluctuate or stay exactly the same.

Some encouragement with this is that I stuck with it and I now am down to 226. I had this goal for September, but I finally got it last week. So I am a little late but I still got there with lots of persistent and pursirverance. And you will too!!

So keep up the good work and eventually you will get there.

Real rough version, Laura... It's a band (another band!) that you wear on your upper arm & it somehow magically, mystically, scientifically measures your caloric intake for the day AND your energy spent and so you can see exactly where you are as far as input/output & your weight loss goals... it looks like there's a Web site component, where you can put in your info & set your goals (like -2/week), etc., too...