Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

TracyK I am 5'9"---I look like the jolly green giant next to Kelly!!! Oh well, I is what I is!

You will be under 30 BMI before you know it!!!

I am loving being an overweight loser! Will like it better being a normal weight loser!!! Not sure if or when I will get there, but just gonna keep plugging along!

Well going to get the rest of this work done before Rick gets home, so I can kick back with him. Talk to y'all later!

Kat

Judy I agree, I would love to see lots of pics!

Got all the laundry done, the house is pretty well done, need to vacuum. Everything is put away, now just the finishing touches, vaccum and dust. And I can call it a day and watch football with Rick this afternoon!

I too have been slacking off with the drinking. In the heat of summer, it is easier, I find myself wanting a nice cool drink, but now as it gets cooler, it is harder for me.

Someone said coffee doesn't count....but I count my iced tea! I drink home brewed decaffeinated iced tea, and I count it! LOL!!!

Kat-I figured she must be short...I am 5'7 and am thankful for that! I wish I was 5'9....Oh well....

Ok.. I'll give this a shot. This a pic of me in Alaska taken last month. You'll recognize it from the avatar..

Had a great nap and now up and ready to work on my second bottle of Crystal Light before I start dinner.

post-215048-138131355845_thumb.jpg

Judy~ Great pic. You look tiny!

I want to post pix too, but can only take on cell phone now. I have some friends that will help me figure out my camera/puter relationship. I've loaded the software, and after that and it doesn't work, I am out of ideas. As soon as they help, I will post! But I am not as tiny as Judy!!!

Took about 3 naps today, feeling 10% better. One thing I've learned is that w/ this sickness, I am totally totally tight. I've been stuck on everything I've eaten and even PB'd on a small bite of muffin. I did manage to get in 1/3 c. of imitation crab meat salad for some protien. Gonna have some bean/bacon Soup for dinner in a while.

I took tomorrow off. I just need one more day. Got the meds filled. I agree Kat, I know that I need the antibiotics to fight the other stuff. I have a good fever, body aches, etc...and feel I am on my way to get worse. Like I said, I haven't been sick in 22 months, so I doubt I've too many antibiotics. Anyway, I hope I feel better soon. Have a great night!

oxoxoxoxoxox

Good evening, Violets..

Break time from Desparate Housewives so I thought I'd come in and check posts. Tracy and Pam.. thanks so much for your compliments, but I am far from tiny!!! I still have to suck everything in with the Spanx cause I still have a big belly.. I just know how to disguise it now and then.

Back to the show.. everyone have a great night and a great day tomorrow. It's the beginning of a brand new week and a much more relaxing one for me.

Pam.. take care of yourself. Hope you feel much better tomorrow.

Patience, trust and WWJD!!

TracyinKS aka Charlotte (lol): Happy Birthday (belated) – you look absolutely amazing. Woof and Hoof – how cute that is.

Pamela: My DH’s name is Mark.

Kat817: Your experience was terrifying – I had a similar experience 5 yrs ago in July – I was driving from Indianapolis to Virginia. You might remember the guy that started throwing stuff at cars on the interstate then advanced to shooting at them and did kill one poor lady. He shot at me (didn’t know at the time) – I was so sick (flu with killer headache went to Indy hospital to get med’s) and just trying to get home. My windshield did not explode – left two circular cracks around the hole from the bullet. I call police and they told me to come into the police station or I could place a report online when I got home.

When I got home my DH swore someone shot at me – I was like no – but I don’t know what it was – there was no cars I could see in either direction – so it wasn’t a rock.

Well then on the new the following month – the poor lady was killed – and it did made sense then. We hadn’t had it fixed yet so we contacted the police and they confirmed it 98% came from the bullet.

Your mean granny – made me cry also!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing – such a sweet story.

Lunasa: I remember that incident being on our local news – I live 90miles south of Richmond. I am so sorry that happened to you. As long as you didn’t make a terrorist threat – you should be fine. Are you coming here for court on 24th of Oct – That is a hike for you. If you do – let me know and if I am available I will drive up and we can meet somewhere.

Kity: I agree – you do want and deserve that doctorate degree!!!! And I am so jealous – I can’t even complete a crossword puzzle. So – go get it and let us Celebrate with you!!!!!! Maybe we can read your wonderful writings -- J

I was stuck also as I have moaned and grown about thousand and one times– but I finally broke the 250 mark – I wanted to make sure before I said it and jinxed myself – but today – drum roll please …..247.8 yahoooo! Hopefully not more 250’s (or above). I have just under 2 weeks to my next fill. J

Fantastic job on Jazzercise! What can I do to help and provide support?

Mdrai: I did not know you were in Wash DC – we need to arrange a meet in Richmond sometime in the future!

TerriDoodle & Kat: I think adding our Birthdays is a great idea – mine is 5/16.

TerriDoodle: I am right there with you 1 lb in sept. – thank you for the link about Water! – I have added it to my personal journal for future refresher!

Chantay: Welcome to the group!! Wishing you the best!

Well – I am going to sleep – sorry if I am always so far behind with my posts – please forgive me!

Have a good night everyone – thank you for letting me part of this group!

Kat & Judy you guys look GREAT!

Today I had a bad bad bad food day. It was Sunday cook out, which we hadn't done the past 2 weekends. I started out good. I was soo hungry, we went shopping first and I built up an appetite, stomach was roaring. When I ate, had about 1c of food total.. pulled pork, baked Beans, potato salad, and glorified rice.

Then a few hours later, I started grazing. Some chips & dip.. some angelfood cake.. some fruit..

Then I ate a SHRIMP. a JUMBO shrimp.. and it felt LODGED. I threw up in the bathroom, and up came a .5inx.5in piece of shrimp and instantly I felt relief. It must have just sat right in my hole. Then another piece of angelfood cake.

Hours passed, we watched 1408 (good good movie).. I had 2 pieces of a cookie cake and more chips & dip. BLECH. I'm not even going to myplate today, I don't want to know. I know it was BAD. And all this junk crap, goes down so easily, so it's not like I was being restricted. THIS IS WHY I DON'T KEEP THIS SHIT IN MY HOUSE! I have no will power! I'm such a flop when it comes to me controlling myself. I hate that about going to my parents house, where the junk food flows like Water. I walked in their pantry for a snack for the movie, and it was all Cookies and cakes..chips and dips, popcorn and so on. I need to start bringing my own Snacks and foods from home during cook outs, so I can get full on what I know works, and if I want to 'indulge', I know I'm not going to go overboard.

No WWLD bracelets anytime soon :D

. I love him but he better shape up quickly. The stronger I get the closer I am getting to telling him to F' OFF... and trust me... i'm getting there.

"What's love got to do with it?" - Tina Turner

Sorry Jennifer! I'm a baaaad Violet when I get fired up.

Last time I got this way I told dh that I was tired and I wasn't taking any crap from him, the cats or anyone else for that matter then asked him about his day. Did this for 3 days in a row and it scared him. (at least for a while.)

I think I'll remind him again this week. He's about due.

Hi everyone-

Nothing new going on here, spent the night in the bedroom watching TV. Rick was downloading music, and watching football...between coming in to check and see if I was ok, did I want to watch on the big TV, could he bring me something.....I almost ask him to bring me some "be quiet and leave me the hell alone"!!! Not really, but his commercials, and mine did not jibe. And he has watched enough of my programs he knows the basic story so he would ask questions, while I was trying to watch....so I told him if he didn't be quiet, I'd pay his game a visit on my commercials, he kinda smiled, and shut the heck up!!!

I bought tons of stuff from a friends sister, at a yard sale she had this weekend. She has 4 girls, and she buys high dollar things for them! All gymboree, and Childs Place, and Gap. Not your basic Walmarts clothes!!! I ended up with 4 little dress up outfits for Kinsey...the little ballerina dresses, and crowns, and boa tufted slip on high heels---I don't mean the plastic play shoes, these look fancy!!! I got a long orchid set, a short royal blue one with tap shoes, and a little like sailor cap, a pale pink ballerina set, full stand up tutu with matching pink leather ballet shoes, I think I ended up with 6 tops and 4 jeans for Lindzie, and a couple of jeans and 3 or 4 shirts for Kinsey. And they had several pairs of little jeans lined with red fleece--really heavy nice for winter, I figured denim and red, even Connor could wear that! I got Kinsey one and Lindzie 2 Columbia brand ski jackets, Kinseys come with the clip on mittens. And a booster seat, with the high back, denim with bright pink flowers---it is new enough, they are still selling the same seat in the stores. I got a pail, like a sand bucket type of pail full of hair accesories. And 7 pairs of shoes--4 of them in the box, with the size stickers everything on them, never worn!!! 2 of them Nike tenny shoes! A bag like a set of sheets come in, FULL of Barbies. All with clothes on (unlike most of Kinseys!!!) I think that is it....and I paid...for it all.....$15.00!!!! I tried to at least give her a 20, she would not take it. Said if I was interested, she would just as soon pass it on, as to deal with the yard sale, that she only did this one for the school. They had a huge sale in conjunction with the Oktoberfest---but the wind come up and the weather was yucky. Manda was so thrilled with it all!!! Kinsey was too, she was layering dresses on!!! Lindzie will get to see it probably tomorrow!

Made me think of TracyK's shopping spree at her sisters...which btw Tracy, I was going to tell you---you said that you would be my sister and share, but the clothes wouldn't fit (we are very close in size---!!!!) BUT my point was going to be. Purses are one size fits all!!!

LMAO---I am only teasing you!!! Lucky you, take full advantage! I just need to find a yard sale where someone spoiled themselves as much as these guys did their daughters!!!

Wheeeeew I am exhausted, and I did nothing today. Housework. I passed a mirror earlier, and though good grief I am glad no one stopped by---look at me!!!

But rather than worry over it now, I am going to bed!

I'll check in tomorrow while the little princess plays dress up, with her Barbies!!! I love being able to find those special buys like that, and be the spoiling Granny!!!! Especially since Gina agreed that I am a meannie!!! j/k!

Talk to y'all tomorrow!

Kat

Kat, haven't I seen you somewhere before??

:car:

Wow, a first real pic of me on the boards...I have been initiated~

yep, I look like a midget standing next to Kat...I would be 5'4"...not 5'3", or 5'2"...got to squeeze in every inch I can!

We had a wonderful time!

The lapband not only gives us our life back, but we then get to give our lives to building new friendships....

:car:

I feel like this might be a long post, I have been such a bad bad bad food person the past few days. I haven't been feeling well for the past few weeks and this weekend it really hit me. Now, I slept late today, since I was really sleep deprived, now I can't sleep. It is almost 3:00 in the morning. I need some serious attitude and thought adjustments. I am so jealous of everyone being able to get up early and exercise!!!! I am so frustrated!!!! We will see tomorrow if I gain weight this week....

Well I hope everyones week starts off well!!!

Jane