Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I am so sick. I went to urgent care, sat in the cool morning (66 is kinds cold here) for a half hour, then finally saw the doctor 1 hour after I went in. He said, "You have an upper respirtory infection... you don't even need antibiotics." To which I replied (bad word alert), "God dammit, what a waste of my fucking time!" Then he said, "Ok,OK, I'll give you the zpack." He went on and on how antibiotics don't help viral etc...blah blah freakin blah. I was thinking to myself, Listen dumbass, I am sick. The last time I was sick was Dec. 2005, yess 22 months ago,...and I don't do sick well! Anyway, I am sure I am not popular there, and I didn't mean to offend anyone for my language here in LBT land (I don't give a shit if I offended him). I just feel soooooo sick.

And I am sooooo freakin jealous of TracyKS and the Garth tickets. I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM! Have fun!

And TracyK~ Way to go honey! You deserve it!

xoxo

TracyK---offend us? Piss us off? No way!!! We are here to support one another, and part of support is celebrating success! It gives us incentive! Lets us know it CAN be done! Mini chocolate donut be damned---you deserve the recognition---shout it from the rooftops for every ounce you lose, that's one of the reasons we are here!!!

Aww Pamela---sorry you are so sick!!!! I do know that antibiotics do not help viral infections, and I can imagine some people have abused their bodies with them...but...I know me! I know me better than any Dr. knows me, especially one in an Urgent Care that is not your regular Dr. A good 90% of the time, if I get a serious enough upper respiratory infection to cause fever etc. if I do not treat with antibiotics, I will get a secondary bacterial infection, usually in my sinus'. I know my Dr. well enough now, I ask for the prescription, and tell him...I do not want to come back in 4 days, feeling worse. I want to offset it! He actually has told me, to hold the prescription, I may not need it...yeah, uh huh!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!! Sick sucks so bad, and Susanne is not there to take care of you---wish I could help!

Judy, glad your concerts went well, I knew they would!

Jenn, glad you are feeling some better! How is the burn by the way? Hope I didn't make you mad with my opinion of the bf. You deserve much better!

Going to add some pics of my new LBT friend Kelly (want2bmeagain) and I from yesterday. I know if you added more than one for awhile it just gave links, so I am going to do it the way I know it works, and do one at a time!

Will check in with ya in awhile!! Going to uload the dishwasher! And fold some laundry!

Kat

It's not 'rubbing it in' when you lose weight!! Congrats on the 2.5# loss, I want to be in Onederland!! That would mean I'm within 20lbs of goal. WOW!

I have forgotten about the band when I go to eat my meal sometimes. Big bite, barely chew.. and it's funny, AS I SWALLOW I play like a movie scene "Ohhhh nooooo" in my brain, and I try to break it up with my throat as it slides down, but it's too late.

Kity-.. For an *INFECTION*, antibiotics DO work. Your doc is contradicting himself....I feel the same about the clinic I went to.. I won't be going back there again. The guy was young, had slicked back hair, a thick gold chain on, tight jeans and cowboy boots. He looked all smug, and I was explaining my UTI.. ahem.. and I said "Sex hurts.. peeing hurts".. and he just looked at me like "NASTY!!" lol.

Then he went to make my Rx, so I ran out there to tell him to please make it liquid form if they're big, as I can't take hoss size pills. Then he looked at me like I was an idiot.

So.. I took full dose of both, and I still hurt. I really don't want to go back to another clinic, so I've just kept taking the antibiotics. It hurts my stomach when I pee! I'm wondering if it's from when I had surgery..

I had to wait a while in the pre-op area where they dope me up.. and at some point I said.. I need to pee, but.. I can hold it, unless I'll pee when I'm under.. they didn't take me to the bathroom, so I held it. When I woke up from surgery (several in and outs throughout a couple hours), I had to pee still.

They said I had to pee to prove kidneys working, so they did the little toilet bowl measuring thing.. I went in there and peed for what seemed like days.. they said I peed 800cc's.. and the lady said WOW! lol

But I wonder if holding that much pee in me, caused the infection..

I'm rambling :D

Kelly and I again, we laughed at the halo the beer sign in the background gave her!!! I enjoyed meeting her sooooo much!

Kat

post-207166-13813135584084_thumb.jpg

This one is almost the same, but thought I'd share it anyway!!!

Kat

Oh yeah, the red neck is from a reaction to one of the gels they used during my ultrasound and scan of my thyroid....

post-207166-138131355842_thumb.jpg

Kat. you look great and like you were having such a good time. and no ofense taken. I love him but he better shape up quickly. The stronger I get the closer I am getting to telling him to F' OFF... and trust me... i'm getting there.

Remember me 6 months ago, obeyed everything i was told and told to do... NO MORE.

My burn is only 2 weeks old and it is 10000 times better. I'll take a pic. I'm going to take some today when I get out of the shower. I have been using Mary Kay night stuff on it, it is full of vit E and other stuff, it is amazing. when you see how big it is and how good it looks, know that it was all blistered and full of green pus.... you will never know. I will have a small hole in my arm forever but if that is the worst that comes from that I'm happy.

Thanks everyone...I appreciate the kind words.

Kat-you look fantastic!! How tall are you?

I am gonna go run pick up my dd. She spent the night with my mom last night so I am going to meet them halfway to pick her up. While we were there yesterday she cried to her mawmaw & pop wanting to spend the night with them and of course, they caved in....gotta love grandparents!!!

I will check in later....

OK.. TRACYK.. read my lips... YOU GOTTA TELL US WHEN YOU LOSE WEIGHT... We're here to not only commiserate when we do something we know we shouldn't, but also to Celebrate when we do good things and you are doing GOOD things!!! So let us in on the celebration too, k??? That goes for all the Violet Sistahs!!!

And CONGRATS on the 2.5#!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Pamela.. take care of yourself and get better soon!!!

Kat.. great pics!! We should all post some pics of us now so we don't have to squint at the Avatars to figure out what each of us looks like!!

Laura.. I can relate to what you said. Yesterday I had a chicken salad wrap from Culvers and as I was chewing a bite in my mouth I could feel the previous mouthful getting stuck. So what do I do??? Spit out what I'm chewing?? And waste all that good food? ? Heck no.. just swallow it and then walk around like a crazy woman trying to get the sucker to go down. I went to the bathroom so I could flap my arms and it eventually slid down, but dang.. old habits like eating too fast and taking big bites are sure hard to break!!

I did have lots of NSV's at church today. I had LOTS of people comment on how much weight I've lost. Lots were asking what I was doing so I got to tell the lap band story. I'm getting quite good at it, actually. It starts out with... "in the beginning God created me and I got fat"... and ends up with..... "and then God created the lap band and said.. it is good". :biggrin1:

When I turned on my cell phone a little bit ago (I had turned it off for the concerts and forgot to turn it back on), I had a voice mail from someone saying they heard I had lapband surgery and would I be willing to talk to them about it. Willing???? Heck, I need to write a book!!! I LOVE telling the lapband story.

Jennifur.. so glad your burn is better. You're lucky you got it taken care of before it got out of control. And you keep that good attitude about yourself. YOU and your kids are what matters and that jerk.. 'scuse me..... needs to own up to his obligations!!!

Ms. Jen.... you have a great attitude now.. keep building on that!!! We all need to take lessons from you!

Michelle.. I've been there, done that with redoing the whole house before company comes. Don't wear yourself out to the point of getting exhausted!! You want to be able to enjoy your company while they're there, ya know!

Terry... I fill up two DejaVue bottles with Crystal light each morning. I know when I have drunk them both I have had 66 oz. of Water. I put one in the freezer before Breakfast and one before lunch. That way I can take them out an hour later and they are pretty slushy.. just the way I love them. I have never, ever drunk this much water in my life!!! Thank goodness for Crystal Light.

I'm going to go and wait for Bob to get home from his church. Then we'll have to figure out lunch. And then it will be time for a nice longgggggggggggggggggggggg nap!

Everyone have a great day!!

Judy I just got some Rasp Ice crystal light, and love it... and then put it in the freezer ...it is amazing slushy.

thank you for the kind words. I am trying hard to keep that attitude, getting it back is just a good feeling.

Off to work

Ugh! Just a quick check-in + sneaky break from the cleaning... just spent 45 mins working in the laundry room (for goodness sake!)... it was pretty nasty... that's where the litter boxes are... ugh, I've got to go back up there & get down on the floor & scrub the baseboards & trim cuz' they're packed w/ 9 years of cat litter in there!! :D & you know what cat litter is -- CLAY! -- so lots of it is hardened & gross... bleh! You don't even want to know what I found BEHIND the washer & dryer... + I used dh's industrial in/out vac in that small space & my ears are ringing like crazy now... & my head is splitting!! (But I think that may be my carb overload headache from yesterday)... sigh... they probably won't even GO into the laundry room... but dh says that maybe they'll want to wash their clothes between legs of their trip, which may be true... so back up I go! Wish me luck!!

PS -- I keep thinking how great the house will look & how clean it will be now + for the holidays!! :grouphug: That's what's keeping me going!!! If I DO it NOW, I can ENJOY it LATER!

Good AFternoon Vi's! :D

Ms_Jen: You are so funny! But I agree with everything you said to Jen.....

Pam: I hope you are feeling better.

KAT: I LOVE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!

TracyK: I have done that EXACT SAME THING with a mini donut! We had my sis and 3 of their daughters over with our 4 boys so I went and picked up a couple pizza's, with breadsticks and sauce. then I went to sonic for DH and out of all the crap I bought there wasn't ONE thing I could eat.............. and THANK GOD I COULDN'T. So I had HALF a protien shot and an OHYeah wafer. I did try the Kashi oatmeal and it is NASTY... I'm sticking with the Quaker Weight control.

The scale was back down this morning and I actually saw 215.2 lbs...

DS is down for a nap right now and the other boys are strangley quiet................

Have a great Sunday!

Oh and Linda: I'm nearing 60lbs lost but I've had 4 fills... my SMALL band has right under 4cc's in it and my doc says he doesn't have anyone with a small band that has over 5cc's!

I've been holding my sweet spot since 8/27 and right now I don't even need a tweek of a fill........ my next appointment is 10/22 so I'll evaluate my fill needs at that time

OK, so it seems I am not the only one that forgets!! My goodness, we live with that band and think about it day & night and it is strange how for one split second we forget and cram sh*t in our mouths...LOL pretty funny actually. But boy oh boy do we remember that little band QUICK as soon as we swallow and then we start sliming and all that gross stuff.

OK violets, I heard you all loud & clear. I will report all weight losses and not keep them to myself. OMG...I just noticed my BMI...not far from under 30....you have to be kidding me! I am gonna go check to make sure that is right!! I'll brb...

My BMI has gone from "morbidly obese" to just "obese". here is the great part....in 7 more pounds I will be in the "slightly overweight" catagory....me, TracyK, slightly obese? I have a new goal...very attainable (those are the only kinds of goals I make) 190 by Thanksgiving. GO ME!!!