Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning gals

My phone woke me up at 10:30 and I felt guilty so I got up, I could have slept til noon. I have to do it all over again at 3. UGH

I am just praying for it all to turn around, I just don't really need anything else on my plate right now and this is a big one.

Terry - no have not heard, he said it would probably be this week, he was going to shoot for the end of last but he didn't think that was going to happen.

Well I felt skinny yesterday but bloated last night and guess I know why - tom is a week early. So I am not even going near the scale this am. LOL

I've been online for two hours to try and get Garth tickets...

He is now up to 9 shows!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to get tickets!!!

The are endstage, but I had to take what I could get! ;)

Tracy - I'm jealous. I would so love to see him and that is the only place he has scheduled, the week that the ultimate hits come out.

If you have an extra ticket... let me know LOL

Terri- Yes, that's what my granny always makes (southern cook!). When I moved out on my own, I told her she HAD to give me her famous meatloaf recipe.. and she pulled out an old lipton packet from her recipe box lol. I buy the lipton Soup in bulk from Sam's and it's always in there for an easy cooking night. I always top it with a criss cross pattern of mustard and ketchup.< /p>

Jennifur- That is horrible! When it rains, it pours, huh?

One day it'll all turn around and everything will be hunkey dorey again, just keep strong!!

I just thank god all this is going on and my mom is here, I would probably be ready to take the bridge if she was not here.

I just got home from a wonderful morning!!!

Met up with friends to do the Oktoberfest thing, went to the parade, and had Breakfast together.

Then a friend from here at LBT that was going to be in the area called, and we met up! We spent the next 2-3 hours, maybe longer talking non stop!!! I was already downtown at the parade and all so I had no camera, but she did, we got the waitress to snap some pics, she is going to email them to me, and I will share them when I get them! It was such fun! Makes me want to meet all of you sooo bad though!!! I invited her over, she is just a few weeks out, and is doing great, but her monthly thread is kinda slow, not a lot of support...I told her you guys could fix that!

Pamela, sorry this class is stressing you so....I had all these thoughts, but Terry said them so well---I'm just gonna second her!

Jenn--how 'bout if us sisters get together and ban you from seeing the ex in any way except to confer over the DS? We will be the bad guys! He is obviously not putting you or the kids first...and you are right, with your kids asthma, insurance is a monumental thing! You need to keep your anger at him, let all the other feelings go, but hang onto the anger, til you get past the other feelings. Back in the day when my ex cheated on me, it is how I had to be to get through it and away from him. Let us know how we can help you be strong....cuz we do want to help....but kinda like the band, we can only be a tool---you have to do the hard parts!

Sitting here waiting for Rick, and he just pulled up! I knew it was close to time! Not sure what the remainder of the day holds for us....may an Oktoberfest brewski for him, some tea for me...I am going to float away today!!!

Will check in with you in awhile, and send you a pic when I get it....might be hollering for help from one of you picture resizer helpers!!!

Today was such fun, we have GOT to get together!!!!

Kat

Thought I'd finally take pics of the jeans that I wanted to wear by August (and have been wearin for a while). Unfortunately I can't figure out how to do a full body of myself.. so here's bits and pieces. Oh, and I'm not wearin a bra.. see how flabby I am? If I get plastic surgery, I think that's the only thing I'll work on.. I've never had perky boobs.. I've always had old saggy lookin boobs.

AND.. look at my side!! Look how skinny I can look from the side!!

And in case you forgot, here are BEFORE pics for point of reference--

ewla.jpg

lalaoct.jpg

Laura-good GOD you are so pretty!! I can really see a difference in the pics and you look great!! (I wish I had your hair)

I hit the motherload at my sisters. Clothes, shoes, purses and perfume. I really needed that! Alot of the clothes did not fit but just the purses alone were worth the drive....she gave me 6 purses and still had a rack full left!! Must be nice...but, I am so grateful for what I got!!

Stick an "Ooh" in front of that "LaLa", Laura! That's you! Oooh La La! You look great!

Laura,

You look amazing! What I really love w/ the before and afters is the smiles on the afters. The before pix always look so...well, sad. And the faces and smiles of the afters look so happy! It speaks volumes to what weight loss does for us, and our self esteem!

Well, I am sick. I did jazzercise, and the yard work, and for a kicker, by brother called and needed a sitter for my neices and nephews (8,6 and 3). So I did that too, w/ the warning that I was sick. The 8 year old was sick and had pink eye! We watched Cars and Flushed Away...the kids at 2 bags of popcorn, apples, carrots...then we all went out to dinner. I could only get 3/4 of a piece of salmon and some hot tea down. I love those kids, but Susanne and I are DINK's (Dual Income No Kids) and there is popcorn everywhere in the house...art work stren about, pillows and couch blankets in disarray...and guess what...it is gonna stay like this. I am tooo sick to vacuum! Susanne is in Phoenix and I miss her, especially since I am sick:(;)!

Does anyone watch Cane, the new show w/ Jimmy Smitts? It is soooo good, I started it early this morning, and just finished...but what a great show.

It is always so quiet around here on the weekends! I hope everyone is having fun!

xoxoxoxoox

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO lala!!!!!!!! You look so great! Those jeans are already getting baggy!

Pam: I am so sorry the kids are hellions this year........

Kat: Can't wait for the pics!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer: It's been the big talk of the town after the Hannah Montana scalping controversary.... Garth was on the radio Friday saying that they were going to have soooo many tickets available that the scalpers wouldn't be able to make any money....... and sure enough......... every ticket..... front row or nosebleed were $27.95 How cool is that?

The boys and I carved pumpkins tonight they are all now out on the front porch glowing their little hearts out! ;)

The corn nuggets from yesterday's lunch showed up on the scale because I bounced 2 lbs! grrrrrrrrrrr had the best intentions to push Water today but it didn't happen.

Have a great night!

I guess by now you have figured out that I don't like to post. But just checking in now that Kat has my #.

Jennifer, CUT THAT MAN LOOSE!!! I know he has problems and has not been well but he doesn't care about you or the children (in my opinion whic doesn't count for much) If he did he would not be riding a new bike and he would be supporting you anyway he could. I bet he doesn't miss any meals.

Apply for every state program available for you and the children and give them HIS name, address and social security number, call the DA. Put some fire under his behind!!!

It just burns my butt to see a man dog out and abuse a woman. And that is what he is doing to you.

You have people that care about you. I know you are doing the best you can but you don't need to drag around his dead weight too!

My situation with my dh isn't the best but I have learned to look out for myself and if he benefits from something I do fine, but if not, oh well. There are no booty calls or anything else. He hasn't touched me in over 5 years and at this point in my life that's fine with me!! It has taken be a while to start loving myself and let me tell you, I loooove me some me!

You really need to read that book "In the Mean Time" go to the library and get it!!!! It changed my life!!! and I refuse to live in the basement of life.

Just know that I care! We all care! Now, you have to care!!!

There is light and life at the end of the tunnel, and it's not coming from a train!!!

Sorry about that! but you have to "man up" for yourself and not let him use you. That's setting a bad example for your children. I know that you don't want your son thinking that it's okay to treat women like that, nor your daughter to feel that she has to accept any old type of treatment from a guy just because.

Shoot me if you want, but I just had to say something. I hate to see anyone be hurt.

I went to check out a new gym today. The hospital is going to close their fitness center to the public the first of the year. So I drop in to Club Fitnes and they have a special for those who use the hospital center for $14.95 a month.

And I'm waiting for the girl behind the desk to figure out which way is up, and this real buff guy asks if he could help me? You know it doesn't take much attention from a man to make me melt! He was one of the personal trainers. He teaches the kick boxing, boot camp, abs workout and self defense classes. (Just sign me up!) So I take a tour of the place and then he comes up to me and hands me his business card. I had to reel myself back to reality. If I sign up there, I know I'll get toned.

I've been having one of those skinny days that has lasted for a week. I'm wearing clothes that I haven't worn in years and my waist line is back!!:clap2: I may be fat but I have a coke bottle figure again and it feels good. I just love myself, love myself...love me!

Pam: Truly hope you feel better and don't let the little sap suckers sap your joy of teaching.

And again Jennifer, I'm not dumping on you just want you to be treated better and for you to love yourself.

Everyone else, have a good evening.