Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry~

I was not only born in the summer of love, but I was born in San Francisco!

So ok... I knew that my pj pants were getting a bit big... & baggy... & loose... they're a 26/28... so I popped into Lane B today to pick up some new ones... and I tried on the 22/24 and they were TOO BIG!... so I tried on the 18/20 -- and they FIT!! :omg: Talk about your NSV! I also got 2 new smaller bras (it's some sort of bra fitting weekend there, so she measured me & the whole bit...), new size undies, a pair of jeans (they have some funky new sizing system, so I have no idea what size it calculates to), AND a cute top IN A 14/16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies, standing there in that fitting room... I began to tear up... because not only am I getting smaller (no matter how much I can't see it)... but I have H*O*P*E* that I'll only be getting smaller & smaller in the weeks/months ahead... HOPE... what a wonderful thing!!

I was banded April 18,07 and I been threw a rough timne with it .. fills un fills etc. would love to hear from my fellow bandsters on how their journey is going.Also had my hitial hernia repaired.

Welcome Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle: HONEY your post gave me goose bumps and I started to well up too! WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

NOW send me those dang pics again so I can post them! :)

Well Violets.. after months and months of practicing, the New Day Singers concert is just a couple of hours away and I'm dressed, ready and nervous. I have to admit I look good in my outfit. Cream colored blouse, black slim skirt, Lia Sophia necklace and WWJD Bracelet. I be stylin'!!

Michelle.. GREAT NSV's.. we all sure Celebrate with you!!!!

I bought a pair of pants last night at Penneys and they were a size 14.. regular 14!!! Not in the women's section. It's a great feeling, isn't it??

My birthday is June 24th and I'm wayyyyyyyyyy ahead of you all in years. But I gotta tell you, I sure don't feel my age anymore and that, my fellow Violets, is a GREAT NSV also!!

I'm off to sing. Wish me luck and I'll check back tonight after it's all over.

Patience, Trust and WWJD!!

Good luck Judy!

michelle-Great NSVs. It is such a wonderful feeling, right?

Laura-way to go on the 270's Less than 100 pounds, it will fall off in no time! Way to go! Amazing how good the band is when it isn't malfunctioning, huh?

Haydee-thank you thank you! It is great to be in onederland! My aunt calls it never never land because she doesn't think she will ever see it again.....she cracks me up!

jenn-congrats on the inches...you are melting!

TracyKS-turning heads are you? YOU GO GIRL!! That is awesome!!

My b-day is Feb 19th. I could care less if I have anymore though. The years are passing too quickly. I wish more than anything that the band would have come out 20 years ago. You younger (than me) violets are very lucky ladies!! But, the important thing is I have the band now...right?!

Everyone have a great night & weekend!!

Everytime I try to post on the laptop, I get almost done, and lose the post. It is just enough smaller, and things in different places, that I go to backspace, or capitalize, and poof it disappears...and takes my happy mood with it. It thoroughly ticks me off!!!! So...gonna try it again!

It is probably too late now, but I did wish Judy luck, and still do, although I know she will do wonderfully!!! I know exactly what you mean about feeling younger, I think I lost years as well as pounds, I feel better than I have in the last 10-15 years! At least!

The Beatles White Album was the first gift I ever bought my DH. We both knew why he had been hinting that it was the only one he didn't have....So on his birthday I had several gifts, and he went right for the one that looked like a CD would be in it, and found a belt buckle. I told him I was sorry and we could continue to look, but I didn't find the album....he was bummed, but didn't let on....he opened some other piddly things, then opened a box with a pair of jeans, and lying on top of the jeans in this fair sized box was his album....wrapped, then covered with an entire roll of duct tape! It ended up huge! He looked at it for a second, because it no longer looked square...then he started laughing, he knew it wasn't a duct tape bowling ball!! We have went to several Beatlemania concerts, as well as a couple of other tribute bands. Would love to see the one you told about Terry!

Took the kids to lunch today, SIL was surprisingly normal acting!! He has always doted on Kinsey, he thinks she is wonderful...but even she made him pale today!!! Abbey ordered a salad, so they brought a basket with assorted crackers---which he promptly organized!!! He offered Kinsey some, which she loved, but as I watched her, about half way through, they got too dry, she needed a drink. I gave her her tea, and when she drank it, you could see her crackers backwashing -- he physically went pale!!! But he was good otherwise, ate his cheeseburger with a knife and fork, and kinda grossed out on Rick finishing my food I had been eating on...but was an ok day. DD is having problems with Migraines. Worries us of course.

Michelle-would have loved to be there to Celebrate your NSV with you!!!

We could have a great time!!!

Getting everyones info together...waiting for any additions, will send a PM to check--so far I have not offended anyone doing so!!!

So I need Spouse or Significant others names if there is one, and birthdates on y'all.

Amanda'a address looks so different!!!

Well Rick is on his way in, and dinner is about half done---guess I'll go speed things up. Check in with you guys in awhile!!!

Kat

Laura - was it you who said that their favorite meatloaf was on the box of Lipton Onion Soup Mix? Well I made that tonight and it was delicious! Mmmmmm. Thanks!

Denise - How do you pronounce your dauther's name? I saw your picture with the alligator, too cute!

Hi Haydee! Her name is pronounced Shannon. We were trying to be different when she was born and she's struggled with it all of her life because people can't pronounce it. Most people say after we tell them that it's Shannon, they can tell then when they read it...who knows? lol

Many say it looks pretty the way it's spelled though! ;)

Well gals, I screwed up, I said flights from vegas are always early here when my mom comes... well one of the connector flights was running late (an hour actually) which delayed the flight only by 1/2 hr. so they would have been here early... so I am just getting in from the airport and had to check in.

I went to get ds script filled today and Insurance is saying DENIED/NOT COVERED! Are you kidding me.. .he couldn't tell me they don't have insurance. I just got state insurance and didn't add the kids because they had insurance. I left him a message. who knows when I'll hear from him, but he didn't have any problems coming over this morning for a little brunch!!! (what good brunch it was ... I have to stop thinking with my parts!) I am so ticked off, $200 if I paid for it - so I called the Dr. and asked about over the counter for a 4 year old and explained and they had one similar for $8. Both the kids have Asthma - what the F* am I going to do if we have to go to the dr/hospital? We were just there on 9/10. This is the last straw. I am just afraid they are going to lower my support and it is going to be a huge war, but if I don't get health insurance I need to do something Tuesday! I was just so ticked off earlier.

I know it has to get better, it has been a long year... Yes 1 year today from the horrible accident that changed my life forever.

anyway, I'm off to bed, it is 2am here and I'm falling over

Good grief Jennifur...you are probably thinking "where does it all end?". Sorry about the insurance!! How is your aunt doing?

Well, it is raining here this morning. I want to go back to bed, but Macy (dd) has different plans...not surprising for a 4 year old though. Frank (dh) has to work today so if it stops raining I may go see my mom and stop by my sisters house because she has been getting some clothes together for me that I can have. That is exciting cause she has really good taste in clothes. She is the type that has socks the color of her shirts and shoes that go with everything....so I am excited. I am more of the white tennis shoes and white socks go with everything and it is cheaper. She has no kids and a great job so she gets to spoil herself.

Everyone have a great day!

It's Saturday, Vi's!~~

Total chaos reigns here this a.m. as the whole upstairs is undone (w/most of it in the hallway, our room, and now finding its way all over the house!) as dh paints the guest room & kids' bath, and dd's room still isn't 100% put together yet... (I've lost my bottle of Windex up there somewhere, and it's driving me crazy!) + I have an extra kid here all last night & today + tons of work + soccer & poms & laundry... gah! AND I just found out via e-mail that one of my longtime dear friends (it's one of those friendships where we see each other only a few times a year but it's like we were never apart when we're together) husband is leaving her! Don't have the details but am thunderstruck... they're one of those couples that everyone else envies... gorgeous, personable, great kids, amazing house, cool professions... I guess no one has it all... or that things aren't always as they seem... I am so upset about it... we're getting together on Weds to catch up...

What a day, and it's only 9:04am!

Whatever your days bring each of Violets, make good choices! ((hugs))

Morning Violets~

Terry~ Run, don't walk, to go see the movie Across the Universe! I loved loved loved it! It is a bit of a "trip", but I am sure you can handle it. All the high school kids are loving it here(hippies reincarnated). A group of 8 teachers went last night...we all loved it!

Well, I think I got a bit sick yesterday. The movies were sooo cold, and after my afternoon w/ the kids yesterday (wait until you hear this one)...I have the worst sore throat. So, I was up at 5:15, having Airborn and Zycam (up the nose). Crossing my fingers that nothing comes of this.

So yesterday, 6th and 7th period (my block from hell) I was teaching, or trying to teach, and I notice one of my kids "J" is just drawing, instead of the exciting powers and exponents math lesson I was teaching. J is ED, emotionally disabled, and shouldn't be in a mainstream class. We have a meeting this week to try to replace him where he should be. I said to him, trying to find something positive about him being off task, "I like your pen." (It was kinda cool, w/ some alien on the top) Then about 10 minutes later, he looks up w/ sweet face and says, "Ms. K...do you want my pen, I don't want it anymore?" As I was looking at him, the whole class yells...."DON'T TAKE IT...DON'T TOUCH IT!" The rest of the class tells me after I said it was a nice pen, he licked it, stuck it in his ear, stuck it in his nose and...ready for this...STUCK IT DOWN HIS PANTS...FRONT AND BACK...then offered it to me! ARE YOU KIDDING ME...I've gone to college for 14 fu#$^%& years, and I am dealing w/ people shoving things in their ass to get to me. I swear, I hate this year.

I had a bad year my first year at middle school. My first day, a kid told me (sorry for this)..."Suck my cock!" I said, "what????"...to which he replied, "Cock, you know what that is?" THAT WAS A TOUGH YEAR. After a few months, I broke them...they were tough, but mature. This year, I have 11 yr olds, w/ the mentality of 6 yr. olds. I hate this year!

Well today, I am gonna force myself to go to Jazzercise, I think it will help me feel better. Then I have some former students coming over to rake the leaves...then homework, and then...going to a BBQ (carne asada...my fav, but I am just too tight to eat it), then downtown to look at the motorcycles w/ my brother and nephew! It is biker weekend here...just is fun!

Have a great day ladies! Jenn, I am so sorry about your insurance problems. I'd see if you can get them on state w/ you...and kick this guy to the curb! Bootie call or no bootie call, the less you rely on him, the easier it will be to break free! We love you honey, and want the best for you!!!!

Make it a great one!

xoxoxoxoxox

oh yeah, down one complete pound today! I know it is not much, but I've been 254 something for a couple weeks, just glad to see 253~

(((Pamela))) Well thank God your other students protected you, at least!!! I'm sure that 90% of your kids love you to pieces (just a hunch I have)....and the other 10% wouldn't treat anyone with respect...even if the Pope himself were standing there teaching that class. They oughta have full-time psychological counselors on staff to help the teachers like they do for the students. It's just not right to ask our teachers to put up with so much, to do so much and then pay them shit wages. There is a monument to this atrocity right across the road from my subdivision. It's called the Berry Center ... a $73 million facility that includes a football field, sports arena, theatre, etc. Man, is it fancy!! But yet the teachers have to pay for their own tuition for an advanced degree so that they can get a $1000 raise in their salary?? $73 million. That's a lot of clams. I just don't get it. We can find the money to fund a war that nobody wants....but don't have money to educate our children? I don't get it.

Pammy - major congrats on the new number!!!! Gotta love it!

I woke up this morning "feeling skinny"...I know you all know what I'm talking about! LOL Then step on the scale and gained a pound!! Grrrr. I was really hoping to see 184 this morning. Oh well!!!!!!!

I get to bead today, so that makes me happy! ;) Will encourage Evan (ds) to put in a job application or two today. He's not able to drive his car until he gets a job and its making me crazy to have to drive him everywhere like the old days!! Aaaaack!

(((Jenn))) - did you hear anything more about that shop job??