Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Charlotte!!! LOL :)

Hi ladies..Chantay here.. I was banded April 25...I just had my 5th fill I am at 8cc in my 10cc VG I was wanting so bad to be at my first goal of 299..UNDER 300...But I haven't been eating my "best" or excercising... I have PCOS and had not had a period in 13 mos...took provera to induce it...hoping my small weight loss this last time was due to Water weight!?! Well wanted to drop by this thread and introduce myself...watching Greys Anatomy so I''ll check back soon~Chantay

Hi Chantay! :wave: Welcome!!

Here's a good article about drinking Water and why it's important: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/water-cure-30944/

Hi Chantay ... welcome aboard

Amanda - very nice name - I am so sorry to hear of the mess you are in... but it is all about the money over here. shoot, I would love to take a day trip if I had the cash. I love VA/MD and would love to meet you and help.

Another good thing... have any of you been watching the news about that poor woman who died at the airport. They arrested her because she was freaking because they would not let her board the plane? They are being crusified (sp) for arresting, cuffing her for being upset about that. Ok, a terrorist because she missed her plane? I don't think so...

Eggplant.... well I don't know if it really has much flavor, but Eggplant parm is breaded ....cooked like chicken parm (I bake it and not fry) and has sauce and mozz cheese on it... YUMMY I love sauce. It is not as thick as chicken parm but has the same taste. Amanda, one of my best friends is from Ireland and i got her hooked on it. It is funny the veggies she has tried with me that freaked her out... she is a meat & potatoe gal all the way.

Well, I went to the jewelery party and survived. My mom got me a necklace with her commission - so i'm excited. I'm off to bed. my dd is up and has a horrible stomach ache so i'm going to let her sleep with me

Welcome Chantay---great group you found here!!!

I will be glad to add in birthdays if everyone wants me to...in fact Terry's, Tracy's and mine are there as of now!!!

Went and had cake & ice cream with my FIL tonight, was ok. My niece was there, telling me how much saline she added to her Moms band....just freaks me out! Scary business! I keep thinking, what if she gets an infection? Can you imagine being responsible like that? I mean her Mom is asking to have it done, it is not against her will, but still I would feel such guilt!

Well I am off to the shower then bed. I am exhausted. One more day of early rising, then I get to sleep in, til like 6 or 7 even!!!!

I will talk to you all tomorrow---

((((hugs)))))

Kat

Forgot to tell you what a mean Granny I am. Today after lunch, Kinsey's plate was sitting on the counter, where she eats in the kitchen, and I had gone into the LR. I hear the plate drop into the sink. I hollered at her for it, telling her "Kinsey I told you to leave things alone, now there is food all over in the sink, that was not a good girl!" Voice raised! I walk back in the kitchen and here is this tiny little blonde with tear filled big blue eyes looking at me, holding her little fork. I reached for a paper towel to scoop food out of the sink, and when I lifted the plate, there was nothing! I look on the floor, nothing. "What happened to your food?" I ask her...her baby bottom lip is quivering, and she says "I putted it in a trash" I look, and sure enough, she has scraped her plate, and put it in the sink.....just like her Mama taught her. I had no idea, she is 2!!! I picked her up, sat her on the counter, and apologized, told her Granny shouldn't have yelled, she did a big girl job, and was good, that Granny was wrong, not her. Her tears are spilling over now, and she tells me....

"But Granny you breaked my heart!!!"

Feeling was mutual!!!! I kissed her heart better! She is so sweet.....and I broked her heart girls---I am so bad!

Kat

Hey Violets~

Thanks for the support ladies! I've just got to make this happen. If you don't see me post, call me and ask if my ass is sitting at the puter!

Ok, ready for this...guess what? After my jazzercise class( so glad I made it to 4 and will be there sat. am) I met my bro for some dinner. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican. There is this great place (totally casual, I went all sweating after class) Taco Asado!!! I had a chick burrito, no tortilla, w/ chick, cheese, Tomato, onion, sour cream and Beans. Yummy and half is in the fridge! We met there and I get out of the car, and my brother is sitting outside and says, "OMG...your totally getting skinny!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME...this guy wouldn't notice if I had a snake on my head. We are very very close, but he is just not that observant. And, he was just here on Sat, brought the 3 kids! So that was soooooo cool for me. He said your whole body is shrinking! I just love that. Plus, my ass is totally lifting. I can see my body making great changes from working out. I don't care what the scale says...I am freaking fabulous!

Terry~ These kids are just sooooo low, and collectively as a group...they suck eggs. They wear me out soooo much...but I decided to not work so hard. I know that sounds so bad...I am just giving them so much and not getting much back in return. They are the lowest 6th graders in the school. I have one student gonna move out next week...he is soooo far advanced. I have 7 special ed kids...and 32. The management is what is taking me out daily. If I blink, they will throw shit through the air, or yell "shutup" at each other. And actually, my being gone for this conference hasn't helped. Helped me, but not them. Oh well...I don't want to complain yet again. I love teaching, and I am working on different strategies to best teach them w/o killing myself or them. And yes, when Susanne moves in my life will be great. She is in Phoenix w/ her mom this weekend. She sent me the most beautiful card I got today in the mail...I thank God everyday for bringing her into my life.

Jenn~ I love jewlery parties! Glad you had fun!

Chantay~ :Banane20:that is the welcoming boobie shake! Welcome to the best thread on the web!

Michelle~ I may take you up on the offer closer to the time!

Ok, I've rambled on and on...sweet dreams!

xoxoxoxoxooxx

Before I can go to bed, I need to say that I think your approach is the best you can do Pamela. I know it goes against the grain to not go above and beyond---but there are times it is just not in the best interest of anyone. Giving yourself the ability to finish your doctorate, will allow you to go that extra mile in the future. Maybe you were "given" this group of kids at this time just so you CAN finish. I hope that makes sense.... And yes we will support you in any way we can!

And Michelle---how lucky we are to have you as one of our sisters. Opening up your home to Amanda (easy name for me to remember, my oldest DD is Amanda!), understanding how she will need the support. You are a good friend, and I am glad to count you as one of mine!

You too Jenn---I love how this group runs to help one another, makes me feel ever so grateful for each of you....

Kat

Kat, well yeah....I agree whole-heartedly! The other day I stopped in over at the October 07 thread just to give some encouragement and it was kinda sad....they only had a handful of people posting....with like one post every 2 days!! Once again I was made very grateful for the friendship and support I've found here.

It's my day off today and I was up at 5:20. Grrrr. Oh well, lots I want to do today so might as well get into it...starting with the gym!

It's getting bad when I can guess my weight within 0.4# almost every time. Ha! Who needs a scale? I'm still teetering.

Have a good morning! I'll check in later! :)

Good morning friends!!

Not too much time to postthis morning. Work has to be done ....TGIF

For those of you never posting over the weekend....hope you have a great one! For those who do, I will talk more later :)

Morning gals

I had a horrible night sleep. i live a block down from volunteer fire dept.... and they were busy last night. all the way up to 6:30 this am. The stupid dog behind me was out barking his brains out at 5 am and then had to get up with dd. I feel bad but I think I'm going to drop ds off at the sitter for the morning so I can sleep, I have my 10hr day and then have to got to the airport to pick up my aunt & uncle at 12:30 so I won't even be home until 1:30.

i am holding steady at 212. I feel pretty good, lost another inch in my waist and hips. I need to get to the gym regularly again. this week was just crazy for some reason and I am just beat, it is not always easy to get ds ready and there with me and if i drop him off at the sitter too late it just throws me off.

Next week I need to make a plan and stick to it.

OMG now my dog is out there barking because my other neighbors puppy is trying to play across the fence.......

It's getting bad when I can guess my weight within 0.4# almost every time. Ha! Who needs a scale? I'm still teetering.

/quote]

Terry - I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I can't wait for my fill on the 16th. I have been stuck for over a month. I am only working on my 2nd fill and I think I should be ok with that for another 3-4 months. Right around xmas.. LOL But I guess if I don't eat pizza and Pasta and stuff every day at work, then I'll survive baking season.

OH, I forgot to mention, I talked to my cousin last night, she is having a hard time, she had her surgery on Monday, they put her port about 2" to the left of her belly button, right on her pants line. She is hurting and she said her chest hurts. This is where I feel an overnight stay is important. They didn't tell her to deep breathe to get her lungs cleared out. She has been breathing but I don't think as much, I remember it was hard to breathe hard from pulling muscles around my port. She was Starving too. She was on Protein Shakes for 1 week and then mushie food for a month. I told her it would be best if she could hold out, but she is going to try soft scrambled eggs today. I gave her some suggestions about mushies and told her if she did to chew until itt was like baby food and if it felt tight STOP eating. I told her it would be so worth it if in a month her pants were falling down and not resting on her port site. I hope she does not get discouraged. I have not seen her since surgery, we just chat... I think I need to update my photos and email them to her.

Good Friday Morn, Vi's...

Another busy day! Aren't they all? 2 dr's appointments (check-ups) + more paint to buy so dh (David) can paint the guest room + kids' bathroom this weekend, + sports + + +... on & on...

Make it a great day, everyone!

Buenos Dias Violetas~

TGIF!!! I love that part. After school today, I am going to go to happy hour w/ my peeps from work. Then about 5ish, we are going to dinner. Then at 7pm we are gonna go see Across the Universe @ the movies!!! I love the Beatles and am really looking forward to it. Has any one else seen it? Any Beatles fans? Anyway, I'll give you the down low tomorrow!

Well, yesterday, I weighed 254.4. I never mentioned the .4...wasn't keeping it a secret, just didn't think it was important. But today I weigh 254.0, so Ima gonna mention it. Down .4oz...hey, that has gotta be worth half a boobie, eh? LOL...

Have a great day ladies! Thanks for introducing your DH's, and or DBF's. Not that I'll remember them, but at least we have names.

Kat~ My birthday is July 9, 1967! I just turned 40.

xoxoxoxoxoxo