Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

you guys are all doing so great.

we went to olive garden for lunch, i had eggplant parm and salad, picked out the lettuce and tomatoe, the rest of the junk i was having issues with and only got the lunch size eggplant (2 very small pcs) and didn't get any Pasta. Was very full and it was good.

Well, I'm off to the jewelery party... fun fun fun

Congrats Tracy.. that,s a truly wonderful milestone!

I have a confession..remember the week in July I was in the USA and cut my hand badly after falling? You also might remember my friend died suddenly the day I was travelling home? Well on my return trip home I got into some trouble on my first leg of my trip..the flight from fla to NY ..that flight was diverted to VA due to bad weather.. Well during the flight I had some drinks.. Having no regard for the fact I was on both anti-d's and antibiotics..well to make a long story short, I blacked out and ended up in the county jail! I don't remember what happened but apparently Ifreaked out and wanted to get off the plane when it landed in Richmond, leading to my arrest. I spent the night in custody and was charged with disorderly conduct.

I am now facing that case on oct24..I am so worried about it! This is why my diet has taken a back seat ever since.. I am comfort eating freely and I am consumed with the shame and guilt over it! Only my husband sister and parents know about this..I have only filled my band once since then as I am not coping with out the comfort of food. I have never been in trouble before and this has come as a major blow to me personally! I have been dealing with this since and I feel I've dropped out of the momentum of my journey with you all! The lawyer representing me says I could get jail time but he would be shocked if I was to be convicted..still it's a worry and a burden and a major source of anxiety right now. If I get through this unscathed I can pick up where I left off and thank god..and get back to my life. I don.t want you to think I have lost heart in my journey or in yours..I still get support and comfort checking in here.. Will you all please pray for me that I will get through this xx

Awwww Lunasa---I am sorry you are facing this...it is hard to deal with stuff like this, when you know you did it to yourself, it is doubly hard. So much nicer when we have some unknown someone to blame things on!!! Know I will be thinking of you, and hoping for a compassionate judge.

Many people react differently to alcohol following the band---I have never really pushed it to know, I am not a drinker---I sip this or that only occasionally.

Your willingness to share this with us, shows me that you are still, and always will be a Violet. We show/tell everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly. And we will be here to support you and worry with you, and Celebrate it being over with you.

Hang in there you wild woman!!!

My house looks like a tornado hit, and I am getting wierd pm's from someone who has never posted to the site. The messages are not wierd, but that they have never posted once, and suddenly pick me out of the 1000's---seems wierd to me!!!

I have to get something done, so we can go do cake & ice cream with my FIL so that he does not know about the surprise party later this month. I am meeting Rick there after work, then after we eat that, we will come home and eat dinner---anyone else see the flaw in this???lol!!

Talk to y'all in awhile!

Kat

Lunasa-thank you! Disorderly conduct? It will be a fine to pay....they do not want YOU, they want your money. All with be fine and thank you for sharing. Your life will be back to normal very soon!

Jennifur-I have never in my life eaten eggplant. I don't know why, I just haven't....what does it taste like?

Kat-so what your really trying to say is you are going to eat, right? LOL Just wanted to make sure I got that right...

Pamela-my DH name is Frank ^_^ My dd is Macy. Thanks for the boobies....and for calling me the skinny B word :)

Everyone have a great evening!!!

Thanks girls.. Tracy, I never thought of it that way.. I guess I'm being made aware of worst case scenario..

I'm laughing here about the eggplant.. I've never had it either and for no reason in particular either.. What does it taste like?

My dh name is martin.. My name is Amanda.. Lunasa is the name of our new house.. It is Irish for August

Hey Violets~

Amanda~ I have a whole new respect for you :hail::hail:!

Welcome back, and it is nice to call you Amanda. One point of clarification: don't you live in Ireland?

Michelle~ Have you earned some shakin' boobs??? Good for you honey!^_^:Banane20::):Banane20::):Banane20::) I have been stuck at 254/5 and can't wait to wooshhhh my way into 240. I think I'll cry too!

Well Violets, I've been struggling w/ a tough decision for a few weeks. Something that I haven't even shared w/ Susanne. I was ( up until today) seriously considering dropping out of the doctorate program. Let me explain...I've been working on this since 2001, and have spent $70,000 on this degree (which I've completely paid for, I have 0 student loans). And I was still gonna walk away from it. Just w/ this years kids, I come out sooo exhausted. I truly told myself that I didn't want it anymore. Of the 5 chapters I have to write for completion, I've written 3, over 100 pages. So I go into my shrink today, to talk about it w/ him. He said, "Cut your bullshit Pam...you do want this, now go finish it." I just love him. I swear, I've felt better in the last hour than I have in the last 3 weeks. I was afraid I was setting myself up for yet another FAILED DIET type of thing. So, I am gonna be busy...and I really need your support ladies. This is gonna be a long rough year, but if I can get through it...all will be ok! So there, I've shared. Gonna go get ready for my jazzercise class...yes, if you've paid attention..that is 4 IN A ROW...Yeah me!!!!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxo

Hey Violets~

Amanda~ I have a whole new respect for you :hail::hail:! !

xoxoxoxooxoxoxo

Thanks Pam.. But why?

And great stuff all that jazzercizing!

I do live in Ireland.. Which means I've to shoe my face in VA especially for court! Air fares r gonna suck not to mention legal fees and a fine (the're welcome to the money if it means I don't get locked up!)

God almighty.. Is this really me I'm talking about! Jeez! ^_^

Lunasa/Amanda... Please let me know when you will be in Richmond... I have relatives there & it's just a few hours by car for me to zip down from Washington, DC, & I will be more than happy to meet you & go with you for support & a friend in your corner. If it's more convenient to fly into DC, I could pick you up & get you there... you could stay with me. However I could help you. I'm sure it is very scary, especially in a foreign country. I am 100% serious in this offer!!

Pam... I'm here for you, too, kiddo! Send me a test chapter & any style guides & I'll take a look @ what you've got & see if I can help w/editing, etc.

Anyone else have a need I can fill??? :)

DR Pammie has such a beautiful ring! And so does AMANDA!

Well.......... my real name is................ charlotte.......

Naw.............. it's Tracy :)

I am obviously WAAAAAY too punchy from my long day. I'm sitting here cracking myself up. hee hee hee...

Amanda -- so nice to call you by your real name!! Such a pretty one, too! This is just craziness! You have to come all the way back here to the states to stand trial for a disorderly conduct charge?? That seems ridiculous to me! Your attorney can't do anything to get it dropped? Are you sure you have a good one? And so what happens if you just don't show up...you can't ever come back to the States? Oh, I guess you were 'released' pending your trial, eh? What a major hassle. I feel quite sure Tracy is right....they'll just slap you on the wrist....we've got far worse criminals that are taking up the bed space. It might be different if you had a criminal history, but if this is your first offense, I doubt anything serious will come of it. Try not to worry too much. Sorry you have to go thru all that.

Pamela - We're here for you all the way, girlfriend. We'll miss you on the board if you don't post at least 2x a day...so make sure we get some of your time, ok?? Don't you think that your kids will get easier as the year goes on....or does it not work that way? Are they difficult because of their attitude/behavior or because they're just not very bright? When is Susanne retiring and moving in? That should help in many ways, don't you think?

Haydee - I got your Special K and Hi-Protein milk and had that for dinner tonight! I was so tired and hungry I didn't have the energy for anything else. But anyway, it's good! Thanks for the recommendation. Did you enjoy your beading class?

Kat - Wanna put our birthdays on the Violets list too?? Mine is June 13 (Gemini!). When is everybody else's birthday?? That Rhett guy sounds like a crazy person!!! :wacko:He'd freak me out. I can't imagine living with him! Your DD is happy?

TracyinKS - Is the 'woof' and 'hoof' thing supposed to be your code words for 'wife' and 'husband'? I'm missing something, or I'm just plain stupid.

OK, so how did everyone do in September? I think I lost maybe one pound. I know there are a few of us that are stalled out....which is not unusual for the 6 month mark. Don't know why, but it seems to happen that way.