Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

....It's not as if I'm going to be hitting ONE-derland any time soon or anything! Sheesh, by the time I get there, I'll probably be the only one left posting to this thread, as everyone else will have hit their ultimate goals and gone on to enjoy full & productive skinny lives... and then there was one... me... posting to myself & the dust bunnies... (hee hee) quote]

You won't be alone! I'll still be here trying to get to wonderland. Don't forget the Dr.'s nurse said that I'm on the slow end of losing weight.

Hummm-m, me thinks I'll complain to the dr. about her. :eyebrows: She chose the wrong day to discourage me. :angry

Thanks Denise!!

I like the hair color too. Good fall color.

Don't worry about being bald...there are some gorgeous wigs out these days!! If mine falls out anymore, I will be sporting one too!! LOL

And while I do completely Celebrate my -53... @ the same time... realistically... when someone looks @ me, I'm still a 264 lb woman!! That's the wt a lot of the gals on here STARTED at!! It's not as if I'm going to be hitting ONE-derland any time soon or anything! Sheesh, by the time I get there, I'll probably be the only one left posting to this thread, as everyone else will have hit their ultimate goals and gone on to enjoy full & productive skinny lives... and then there was one... me... posting to myself & the dust bunnies... (hee hee)

BUT... SLOW & STEADY!!... that's me!!! & today's a new bright shiny day!! Make it a great one, everyone!!

I will be here -right with ya. I am fighting - trying to get the scale below 250. I am at 253 this morning.

:plane: It is getting slower and slower. :) What does Judy say - Patience.:)

I'll help you name the dust bunnies, onederland is eons away for me too ^^

oh and thanks, the pic in my siggy i made when i was in a design class and it became my husband's desktop lol

so I thought I'd add it here, I liked how it turned out too.. all mysterious lookin hehe

Hi all.. Apologies for my absence.. I'm posting from my cell phone now.. You're all doing so well, I am not loosing weight, to be honest I'm not even trying anymore! I'm still at my first goal and I have spent since July gaining and loosing the same 5-7lbs! No excercise! I'm being honest .. Dunno if I'll ever get it together! Am I the only one struggling like this?

Welcome back, Lunasa!! Thanks for posting!! :)

How ARE you??? We miss you!! You always got me thinking "deep thoughts"... & it was good for me!!

I can't tell from your post if you're upset or fine w/where you are w/your band, wt loss, etc. IMHO, I think we all struggle from time to time, but overall the "regular" Violet posters are really trying to eat well & exercise & get rid of the excess weight, and the "struggle" part just challenges us to (ultimately) work harder & stay on top of our fills! I also think there are some of us Violets who may have drifted away... like you.

If you're happy where you are, then good for you. If you're not, then DO something about it. + post more so we can help you... that's what we're here for!!

Anyone around tonight?? Wanna chat?? I'm supposed to be working... obviously I'm looking for distractions! :)

Hi all.. Apologies for my absence.. I'm posting from my cell phone now.. You're all doing so well, I am not loosing weight, to be honest I'm not even trying anymore! I'm still at my first goal and I have spent since July gaining and loosing the same 5-7lbs! No excercise! I'm being honest .. Dunno if I'll ever get it together! Am I the only one struggling like this?

I do it constantly. From July 27th -- I didn't lose another pound until Sept 6th -- and I had fill on 8/16 that didn't help so I went back for another fill Sept 6th.

The doctor had to FIGHT to get 1.0 cc in me at that time -- saying that I was having so much reflux he didn't think he was going to be able to get a full cc in -- but he did.

I (for the first time) have had restriction for more than just a few days.

Sept 6th to the 14th I was losing again --from the 15th to currently I have been bouncing around in the same zone (252 - 254lbs). I am hoping and praying that it doesn't take over a month again to get some results and make it below 250 - its been 2 weeks so far :rolleyes

I complete understand where you are mentally -- try to stay strong and try to start some type of exercise -- I should have mentioned I wasn't exercising either -- but I started biking 8/28 - so far so-so.

Thanks Michelle.. Well I'm not really ok with where I am as I would like to have kept the ball rolling and be at my second goal by now.. But I'm not depressed about it either.. The happy pills r workin out great! I Dunno if you remember but I was really struggling with my moods etc and was very low so I'm on anti-d's now and they're workin out great.. So at least I'm coping better! I still don't put any effort into what I want from weight loss so it's not surprising u am where I'm at! I just don't know why I won't get my act together? I guess the pay off's for staying this way has more influence and control over me than I can remember those of being slim fit n happy offer.. It's been so long I can't recall the allure of slimdom maybe?

I'm glad you're feeling peppier these days, whether it's better living through pharmaceuticals or whatever!

I think that's probably true... if the pay off for remaining the same is fine, then what's the motivation to change?? I like the idea of the "allure" of slimdom!! I don't ever remember "slimdom"... for me, it's definitely the pain of where I was that was & still is motivating me!! But the band is definitely helping, because I know that if I didn't have it, I'd be slipping back into old habits around now because #1 it's been 4 months now & I'd be thinking "well, that's enough of THAT" and #2 I'm feeling & (sort of) looking better, so that I'd start to slack off too... but w/the band I CAN'T do these things... I've got to keep moving onward & downward... hallelujah!

So the question is... do you want us to help you get back on track, or just be nice & friendly -- we can do either!! It's all such a personal journey, there are no judgments here -- from me at least!

Cheer UP VIOLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be here with the rest of the dust bunnies! TracyK: YOU LOOK SO GREAT! and Laura I love the artsy fartsty pic too!

I am so proud of all of us............. we are doing great.... there will be fast and slow losers but it doesn't matter.. we are all banded and bonded as violets! I love that we all have diverse backgrounds and lives yet we still are on the same path. We ALL have our skinny and our fat days.......... days that we look in the mirror and think we look great and then we make the mistake of taking a pic where we THINK we look like a blimp..... I've been there and done that too Michelle...... happens to us all. Denise you know that you are just bouncing ... drink some Water and up your Protein and you will be 209 before you know it!

My hair is thinning big time which is why I'm going to try those bullets.......... ohhhhh and I gotta tell you guys..

The OHYeah Chocholate Peanut Butter wafers (kind of like kit kats) is really delish.. especially for something with 14 g of protien!!!!!!!!!!! It is far more tasty than the SBD protien bars I've been eating which are pretty good to.... but I have to admit it seemed more like candy than filling.

Have a great evening................ and know that I'll be here posting till I'm talking to myself... and then I'll be forced to go find another home thread........ (I've been a regular on LCF since 1999) and although I mainly hang out here now.. I still have buds over there

Michelle-you ought to know that you won't be here alone posting. Please...even when I do get to goal I will still be posting here for everyone to help keep my butt in line!! This is a lifetime journey, not a "til I get to goal" thang....at least for me anyway!

Good evening, Violets...

Looks like we're stuck together for the long haul, right Sista's?? I for one will be here long after I get to goal, whenever that might be. We're here for each other to Celebrate all those NSVs plus the SVs and to be there for each other when things just aren't going the way we'd planned. Just don't drop out of sight and stop posting, puleeeeze!!!

I'm losing slowly since the cruise, but I'm losing and that's what counts. My fill is working. I have restriction and it's really making me slow down on my eating. DH does not have restriction and we might have to go back and get a fill for him in the next couple of weeks. He's able to eat anything and everything. We've been so busy we haven't been able to exercise everyday like we should. I've done more than he has so it's time to kick his butt and get him in gear.

Next week starts our October exercise challenge. I didn't make my Sept. one, but that's in the past and a new month lies ahead.

Lunasa, so good to hear from you again!! We're always here for you.

TracyK.. great picture.. look at those collarbones!! woooo hoooooo!!!

Laura.. love your signature pic too!!

Ohhhh I had a bad thing happen today... sigh... I lost my brand new amber ring I bought on the Alaska cruise. It got too loose on my finger and fell off somewhere. It's nice that my fingers are getting thinner, but not nice that things are falling off!!! At least my wwjd Bracelet will never fall off!!

Everyone have a good night. Patience, trust and WWJD??!!