Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Eve...

Ok, not a fat blob per se... whatever. I did take pics today so we'll see if I feel better about them another day. yee ha.

So, the Fall Fest. It was overall good, I guess. Lots of compliments on the wt lost. The funny part was that by the end of the evening, practically all the "fluffier" women had come up to me at one point or another & asked what I was doing to lose the weight... and I proudly told them ALL that I had gotten the band in May + a mini-"what's the band", etc. lecture + eating properly + exercise. So in a way it was my "coming out" party! One gal wanted the surgeon's info... the others seemed interested... I told them all I'm happy to chat w/them more about it if they're interested... so I'm w/you now, Tracy... cat's out of the bag & I'm the one who let it out!!

Feet are killing me... 'night!

See, I told everyone before hand at my job. They were all SUPER supportive and kept asking me "are you approved yet? when's your date?" it's been awesome. But i do understand some people's reason's for wanting to keep it secret.

Me on the other hand.....i'm a walking public service announcement for the band :-D I RELISH getting to tell people about it and showing off my before/after pics (i keepa little pic album in my purse at all times).

anyway, hope you all are doing well :-D

Told you all I was going to try to get more active on here again. It's just REALLY hard with my computer being down....i have to sneak in time at work or (like now) use mom's computer at her house :confused:

talk toyou all later :-D

OH!! I'm down to 203.5!! Only 4 more pounds and I'm in ONEDERLAND!!! :whoo: And i'm hoping ot have updated pix SOOOON!

Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed being able to share about the band w/everyone. I told only a few very close friends back in May because I didn't want everyone watching my every move & bite & lb loss etc at the beginning... I always planned that once it became noticeable, I'd share. I WANT to be a walking, talking billboard for the band! :confused:

Fantastic on your loss so far!! Wowza!!

A few things..

The spreedsheat, yesterday mine was outdated, asked Tracy how to fix it and I don't think she told me.. maybe she has to do it??

About food.. it's a chore for me also since this last surgery. It takes a lot of work to get food down my tube! Doesn't mean I don't wish I could eat..

And on that note, restaurant meat is a waste of $$ for me right now too. I ordered steak out I guess Monday night.. and the smallest sirloin tip meal, ate 1 or 2 of them I think..had leftovers in the fridge all week.. haven't wanted to work at that again. When I had red lobster, my meal had 10 scallops, I almost died from being stuffed after 4.. and seafood does NOT reheat well.. so, I'm thinking I need to just quit ordering meals when I go out. Get an appetizer or something. I made a frittata for dinner tonight.. with onions and bacon in it. I'm not real impressed.. maybe I made it wrong, was very 'eggy' (yes, it's eggs.. but like omelets aren't eggy, they're fluffy) and the top and bottom were chewy.. so could only eat the inside of it. I'm kicking myself, now I want a chicken salad from my little cans, but I already ate the inside of a frittata.. what to do.. I have 200 calories left for today.. was saving it for a pudding snack.. might make chicken salad instead!

Panda- and WOW! You're doing awesome!! I'm a billboard too, everyone knows.. Congrats on getting on onederlands door.. you'll have to tell me what that feels like!

When we go out I almost always order a small salad, Soup, an appetizer, or off the a la carte menu. Or DH and I will split a dinner and he'll order a soup or appetizer in addition. That works well for us. We ended up going out tonight 'cause he just felt like it and we went to Carrabba's (italian). I ordered crab cake appetizers and he ordered a personal pizza. I could only eat 3/4 of one crab cake, 2" in diameter! He ate all the rest, plus 1/2 of his pizza. We brought the rest of the pizza home. I still enjoy going out.

Well, I guess I'm alone....but I really am enjoying what I'm eating! There's not too many foods I'm missing at all. But I am getting to the point I've always wanted to be ...and that is by really savoring the flavor of vegetables and fruits, whole grains and fish! (TracyK, i used to hate fish, too. I eat tilapia 3-4x a week now.) I know it's because I eat more slowly and chew each bite well. But more than that, I think it's because I eat so 'little' now that what I do eat I really like. <shrug> I dunno how to explain it.

Haydee - Any chance you'd want to walk in the Houston SPCA 5K walk with me on Oct. 20th? I'm going to sign up with my DD...would love for you to join us. It's a great cause!! More info at HSPCA - Houston SPCA if you're interested.

I still haven't told anyone about my band outside of my family and 2 friends. But then again, nobody has said to me, "WOW, you've lost weight!"...much less "How did you do it??" As a matter of fact, nobody outside of my family has even commented about my weight loss. But my kids tell me all the time how great I'm looking and I LOVE that! They are so sweet!

I am with TracyK about the food. I still crave food, and think it sounds good, but then reality comes and it is a chore to eat. I really don't enjoy it at all. I can't eat a hamburger or any kind of sandwich, and I really thought I would miss it but I don't!!! I also don't regret getting the band AT ALL. I am glad that I did it, and wish I would have done it sooner. I think of all the time wasted being very large and beig afraid to sit in chairs, fit in a booth at a restaurant, get through aisles etc... It is funny though I still have issues with food, but then reality hits and I really don't enjoy it. Maybe one of these days.....

Jane

Yeah that's how I feel. Like when I texted you Terry! I was hungry and couldn't wait to get home and make the new recipe for frittata I found.. But then once I cooked it (and maybe I just over-cooked it), it was too chewy and hurt going down, so it was like making myself eat it.

But again, if I had made my yummy good chicken salad which I can eat with no problem, I would have enjoyed each bite.

So I guess I do see that side.. on things I can eat without problems (pudding cups, chicken salad, peanut butter).. I do savor every bite. I do like the tastes and trying to prolong them since it's not a whole lot anymore.

Weee.

Had sex tonight, first time since 2nd surgery.. dare I say, he put my legs over my head.. and in the heat of things, I thought Ow.. port pain.. mmm.. it's ok.

LOL

Now I hurt.. feels like I roughed up some sore muscles a little too early.

I decided on chicken salad for tonight instead of pudding cup. Yum yum! I'm so hungry from my failed frittata attempt.

Michelle- How can you come to a board where people are having weight loss surgery and try to lament that you're a fat blob?!?!? DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME?!?!?

We're not fat blobs, we're pregnant with ice cream's baby :confused:

Don't make us go over there and steal your pics!!

Hey gals

just getting in, so very tired, long night.

Terry - When I get something I love and can eat, I enjoy every bite. Tonight I had wings, and they were sooooo good. I only had 6 really tiny ones, I picked the small ones out of the bag, but loaded with Cyane Pepper and hot sauce, they were so good. and when I was done I was full and satisfied. I savor all the flavor in everything I make.

You are all doing wonderful - I need to get in gear but don't think I will until my fill on the 16th. I am just going to keep working out every day and I'll be fine.

Well, off to bed. night all

Terry, I agree with your eating. I DO enjoy it more, part of it is actual taste, the other part is the lack of shame in how much I actually ate!!!

I buy better quality food now, because I buy less quantity. I will buy small filets as opposed to the larger sirloin for instance. Or will opt to pay more for fresh veggies in the produce section as opposed to canned goods. In that way the food I eat tastes better.

The other side of it is, I no longer feel shame about how much I ate, or how I should have made better choices. I don't end every day vowing to do better the next day. The band has allowed me to relax with food, and enjoy it without the emotions getting in the way.

I can't explain it well, but, I know it figures in to how much I enjoy food these days.

When I see the little square Ghirardelli chocolates at a checkout counter, I can grab one, and savor it, I know it will be enough to satisy the sweet tooth....and be happy about it, I do not have to buy the family size bag of M & M's, and polish them off in a day!

I have found new foods I like, but not tons....mainly because I have not gone looking!!! I am a creature of habit. I go to restaurants and always order the same thing! I have my usuals everywhere we go!!! But I am not complaining, I am ok with that. I am much more experimental at home.

My biggest issue with food has been to learn not to cook so much! I cook like we are still a family with 3 kids eating...we are not!!!

Well we took the wood to my Dad today and unloaded it for him, he was pretty happy!!!! He is not supposed to lift more than 10-15 pounds, since his carotid artery surgery. My Mom belongs to the Rebbekah Lodge, and is at a 4 day National Conferance...so Dad was home alone. I think he really loved getting the surprise of the good wood, but also for the company. Then we went out to my inlaws and split wood for them, until our son pissed off his Dad, and his wife made me mad as hell, so we just left them to do it alone!!! Damn kids!

I got a call today from a friend I have not seen in YEARS!!! We lived near one another when our kids were tiny. We were both going through divorces, and had daughters the same age. We spent tons of time together, and then she moved back down south where her family was from...we have only got together sporadically since. We talk on the phone and email, but she is here--I get to see her tomorrow!! And I am not ashamed to face her! Not that she would think or say anything, she was always overweight as well...but I was ashamed of myself. And tomorrow I won't be....it feels like a HUGE NSV for me! Self pride....hmmmm....what a concept!

Tomorrow I am going with Becky to find a hearth pad for their new woodstove-then we are going on a New Construction Home Parade. I have gone for several years, it is a lot of fun. Local builders open up homes they built for tours....lots of good ideas!!! Then going to dinner with my friend. To meet her fiance!! His family is from our area, so I might actually get to see her more often!

Well I feel better, but took some cold meds, and they are kicking in, and my eyes are a drooping!!!

Will check in with y'all tomorrow when I get a chance!!! The city put in new electric poles behind us, so we were without power for several hours today. Now I have to look forward to the phone company, and the cable company changing their lines over!!!! Whatcha wanna bet the phone company screws up....they ALWAYS do when I am involved!!!

Catch y'all tomorrow!

Kat

I buy better quality food now, because I buy less quantity. I will buy small filets as opposed to the larger sirloin for instance. Or will opt to pay more for fresh veggies in the produce section as opposed to canned goods. In that way the food I eat tastes better.

The other side of it is, I no longer feel shame about how much I ate, or how I should have made better choices. I don't end every day vowing to do better the next day. The band has allowed me to relax with food, and enjoy it without the emotions getting in the way.

I can't explain it well, but, I know it figures in to how much I enjoy food these days.

YEAH!! That's what I was trying to say!!!

Ok, I'm hungry AND I'm craving a cigarette. That's my cue to go to bed!!!

Laura-I absolutely love your pic!!

Good morning violets-

Well I am one step closer to onederland...my God it seems to be taking forever!! I weighed this morning (I didn't wait a full week, but a full work week) and I am at 201.5. Wow, I have been knocking on the "1" door for a while, but at least I am almost there!! I only lost 5 pounds total in September, but you know what? It is 5 pounds down and I will take it!! This is the time that I have been waiting for...I knew it was coming and here it is....I have to exercise now. No 2 ways about it. I have to put my body into shock mode and tell it that I AM IN CONTROL!!! Ladies, this is where it is going to get really difficult for me to lose. Been there and done that, but this time I have the band to help me and I can't cheat even if I wanted to. Oh yeah, if I really wanted to sabotage myself I could eat gallons of ice cream and candy bar after candy bar, but I won't do that, that would be retarded. Normally this is where I would get frustrated & hang it up. Not this time. It will be slow going, but I am SO up for the challenge!! My original goal a few months ago was onederland by Thanksgiving. (I make real reasonable goals) Looks like I will be able to do it!! Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. (week if I bust my a**). Here is my promise to myself...once I get to 199 I will NOT get on the scale again for about 2 weeks out of fear of seeing the 2 something again. I do not even want it to peek onto that number once I leave it!! Talk about a major downer if that happen. So I will have a scale phobia once I see 199. Oh my God I am rambling, but I am so excited. Here is the great part...I have not had any Fluid pills for a while so I know that if I took one today I could probably lose another pound today....not sure if I want to take one. Maybe I will wait until I get to 200 then take one....LOL

That would knock it down the half pound...

OK, enough of my hopes and dreams....

Everyone have a great day and I will ramble more later :confused:

I can't wait for my onederland boobies from Pamela!!!

new pix guys! I took these last night (I was VERYYYYY tired) just for the board!

They are self explainatory. I will do another post right after this and i'll explain that one there :-D :clap2:

post-204491-13813135529636_thumb.jpg

post-204491-13813135529832_thumb.jpg

post-204491-13813135530028_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

When I started this journey, I had a small list of MAJOR goals (not weight goals) that I wanted to reach.

Well, as of 9-7-07, I reached a big one, and I have a pic to prove it!!!

It was taken at Rock The Universe at Universal Studios. We took our youth group.

The front row:: Jeremy, Tiffany, ME!!!! (i look terrified, but I was having a BLAST!!), and my wonderful hubby Robert :-D

I LOVE roller coasters and hand't been able to fit in YEARS...so this was a HUGE accomplishment for me :confused:

post-204491-13813135530175_thumb.jpg

Panda!! You are so gorgeous!! I am always amazed at the beautiful women that are revealed as the fat melts away....the ones we all know are in there "somewhere"!! You know I don't mean to offend anyone by that statement!

You need to post your side by side B&A's for us!! BRAVO!!