Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good for you Terri!!!!!!!!

It's good to say it out loud sometimes, isn't it?

I fell off the wagon quite a bit.. everytime a fill didn't restrict me enough, I'd get frustrated, and blah blah.

I just keep going!

That psychiatrist appt I made, where the doctor couldn't see me until the end of Oct? They called yesterday and said he's not going to be in the office, have to push the appt. FARTHER away. So I didn't call them back, I'm not going there. They're way too busy to handle me if I need help!

So back to the drawing board. I keep feeling wishy-washy. Now that I have good restriction, do I really need to see someone? I needed to see someone about my anxiety too, but now I don't want to go just for that.

Curves chocolate Peanut Granola Bars.. Yum!

100 calories, 5g of Fiber (which I desperately need), and is very indulgent. Suprisingly when eating it, you think you're biting into a granola piece, and it turns out to be a peanut. It's a little different than normal granola bars in that way. I really like it though. It's my on-the-go b'fast, with coffee, Vitamins, and Protein shot. It's also my after-dinner snack if I need one.

Everyone keep motivated! A year from now, we'll be so happy :)

Well Laura, technically I AM you a year from now...and yes I am happy. I wish I had made my goal in the last 18 months, but like Terry I guess I didn't want that bad enough.

I AM happy though. I don't take any prescriptions meds anymore, and I am merely overweight, no longer obese, let alone morbidly obese, where I started. I believe I began losing my incentive, when I became happy!!! Sounds backwards a bit---but when I lost the feeling of shame, and discontent with myself I lost what was motivating me some. I used to have all kinds of negative thoughts before walking in to a room full of people, and that fear and dread spurred me to make the change, have the band. Well now I walk in, and I blend in...and I am comfortable there. I want the rest of the weight gone, yes...but I have to find something to spur me on the last 20 or so pounds....because right now, I have a "they aren't hurting me" attitude!!! And while I have come a long way from where I began, the extra weight even if it is 20-30 pounds IS hurting me, and I have the way of getting it off, I just need to work it, and I'm not!

Terry----what we gonna do girl??? Get our exercise running around in circles kicking each others butts????

Jenn, is Mom thinking the burn is going to be ok, or does she think it needs to be seen to? I know I am preaching to the choir, but watch for red streaks leading up your arm!!!

Rick and I are still being very quiet to one another this morning!!! He goes on days off tonight, and will be home until Monday---either we will have time to work it out, or it will be a looooong quiet weekend!!!

It is sooo cold the last few mornings. One (maybe more but at least one) of my neighbors has a fire, I smell the smoke....I refuse to start fires this early in the year, but I might go make myself at home in their house!!!!! Can't you just see me in my jammies, and slippers, knocking on their door, laptop, and Kinsey in tow....maybe a cup of hot chocolate!!! Love Thy Neighbor. It is probably my CRAZY neighbor!!!

She is psycho!!! Her DH says she has Alzheimers, I don't buy it. She is not like any other Alz. patient I have ever seen, she is just nutso!!! When they first moved here, he threw her a birthday party at a local Bistro, to get aquainted. My next door neighbor and I went. They had a scrapbook of her life, she was gorgeous!!! She was a model, actually had a pin up poster of her! She was in several brochures, had quite the portfolio. Then at some point in her early 30's he said she got sick, and coughed so hard she detatched the retinas in her eyes. So she is legally blind. But she sees well enough to know if you have your foot 1/2 inch off the sidewalk onto her property and she starts yelling, and cussing, and threatening. She is quite the entertainment on the 4th of July, she HATES the fireworks, they scare Tiffany---her little almost hairless terrier. She feeds this dog in --not from but IN her plate!!! We have some neighbors who do neighborhood parties once in a while, and Juliette the crazy lady totally grosses Rick out (hmmmm maybe I should invite her to dinner!!!) I say she doesn't have Alzheimers, because she remembers everything the local kids have ever done. And she remembers conversations, and repeats them each time verbatim. She wears her hair long and it is VERY frizzy, and she pulls it down in like little girl side pigtails....she wears huge thick glasses, that are shaded dark yellow--which is for her loss of sight I am sure. And always has on a huge straw hat. And BRIGHT red lipstick smeared all over her lip area. And she is LOUD, she is always about 3 times louder than need be. If we run into them in a local restaurant, EVERYONE knows we are there...and anything else that has gone on in the neighborhood, because she screams about it!!!

She has gotten very heavy, and she doesn't walk by putting one foot in front of the other, she rocks back and forth, so she progresses very slowly. When Rick had his heart surgery and we walked 3 times a day, she screamed at us all the time, saying she was logging our surveillance activities! And once we ended up behind her on the street, and she as I say is very slow, so we spoke before we got there, so as not to surprise her, she turned around spewing curse words at us, and threatening to Mace us!!! Her husband is a nice seemingly quite normal guy. Though how he could be normal in all that I have no idea!!! We are always nice, I mean there is a problem of some sort....but we avoid her unless her husband is with her, because she is wild!!! Lucky for me while she is in the neighborhood she across and down several homes from me!!!

Point being---fire is probably at HER house, guess we will stay here and get a blanket!!!

Well guess I should go pay my bills---such a wonderful fun job!!!! Talk to y'all later!

Kat

Good morning Violets!

Today is Denise and My 5 month Bandversary!

I took these before work.... this is one of the garage sale dresses!

Dress size xl

Jacket size 16

post-208811-13813135522853_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813135522973_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813135523075_thumb.jpg

You look GREAT Tracy! Congrats on a happy, healthy first 5 months of the band!!

Terry -- Ditto what Pam said: "AMEN!" You're preaching to the choir, you know, but you've just basically described where I am & what I've been telling myself this past week or so. Back on Track is where I want to be... yesterday was the first day of it & it didn't kill me... so today is going to be day 2... then 3, 4, ... and SLOW & STEADY we'll get there!!! Healthfully -- physically AND mentally!! :)

Jen -- I agree w/you about the roundness of the folks on BL... last night my kids were laughing at some of them in the lycra shorts & no shirts/bras (when they were running... it was kinda funny)... but I got really angry w/them for doing that and explained that at least they were DOING something about it and helping folks at home like me who are trying to do the same & motivating them, etc... and I told them that I weighed more than many of them & they didn't believe me! & it was the roundness that was the difference, I think. Crazy kids!

Laura -- My .02 is GO see someone even if it is "just" about the anxiety. Why live like that when you can get help w/it??

Sorry, Kat, but that crazy lady sounds funny!!

Time to hit the shower... I'm sitting here in my wet suit from the pool... lovely!

Terry - You go girl, I read that and honestly think that is basically what i've been venting and ranting about too, I've been sick and tired and have not been doing what I know I should. I try to make good food choices but I feel like I'm running all the time and don't always eat, skipping meals was always a problem for me. And not making time for the gym was not good either. So Monday I got my lazy ass up and made a choice, I am not going to listen to people tell me not to go every day, I AM GOING EVERY DAY. Today I just walked a mile on the treadmill, but hey it was a mile, I hate those things, and I did abs and lower body. Tomorrow I'll do arms (hopefully depending on my burn) and walk again. but I will go every day, no exception!

It is all about choices and I admire you for yours!

Michelle, I'm glad it is not just me thinking that, but hey if those people can work that hard why can't we - besides we have help from our bands!

Kat - no red lines, but watching it close - definately 2nd degree, I have done some bad ones but this tops them all. You are such a strong woman, putting up with it all

Michelle- Because I'm anxious about getting help! I have a problem with doctors, as you guys can see :) I always think they're judging me, and lord know psych's DO judge you. I don't like that. And when I was going through my crippling/suicidal back pains, no doctors would give me pain meds.. so I must look like a junkie or something, so I always think they think I'm trying to get high. It's a vicious circle for me.

Anyway, Terri I always wanted to say I'm proud and in awe of you for stopping smoking too! I have begun to smoke MORE since banding, and I know I couldn't handle both right now. You go lady!!

And Tracy- WOWEEE! You look great!!!! You look so happy too :)

And lastly.. Kat.. And you're happy a year later! :) So that proves my point.. in a year, we'll be right there with you :)

Tracy - you look so awesome! and you take good pics. I can't pose, I get nervous on how i'm going to look and fake a smile and yuck....

I can't wait for my ins to kick in so i can go back to my head dr!

Jennifur: I set the camera on the chest of drawers and point it toward my closet........... usually I'm thinking of MY VIOLET SISTAHs when I'm taking the pic, which is why I usually have a goofy ass smile! :)

Ok, I sent an email to a Life Coach who has 20 yrs experience as a PhD psychologist working with health issues and eating disorders! I'm thinking ..."This is perfect!!" She wants $375/month for 2 sessions and email support. YIKES!! She was very nice though. But I'm thinking that between my violets and my great self-help book....maybe I can do my own headwork and get you guys to help me with the accountability issues.

Will ya'll help me? Please?

I need you for the accountability. Ya'll please keep a close eye on my exercise 'ticker' and keep after me. "Terry, How bad do you want it?" I'll even come up with a list of what ya'll need to do to keep me motivated. Need to get back into my book "This Year I Will..." and figure out what will work best for me.

Tracy - I can see that, I am always smiling when i think of all you guys too.

Terry - of course you have my support. that will motivate me too. It is so easy to fall off the wagon. I'm back on with you. so to motivate you will help me too

Terri- Wow that is expensive..

We can keep you accountable!!!

For starts, get a piece of paper and a big marker and write 'HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?!'

Tape one to your mirror in the bathroom so you'll remember when you get up in the morning.. and one on your refrigerator.. and one on your pantry if you have one :)

That's a great idea, Laura. Except my weak points during the day are afternoon, when I want to have something sweet after lunch....and when I walk in the door after work feeling too tired to go to the gym. So I'll try to find some suitable substitute for the after lunch thing (gum?) and set an Outlook task reminder, but I'll put a big ol' sign on my back door (for when I walk in) and on my closet door (for when I change clothes after work....leisure?.... or gym clothes??)

Thanks!

Tracy - You are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Put one on your TV & your computer.. Remind you to take a break from sitting around :)

Those curves chocolate peanut granola bars.. are delicious, help sweet tooth, and they keep me full for a significant period of time.

Unless you want us to all to start sending you texts every day at 4:00 p.m. saying HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

You better get your ass to the gym!

p.s.. anyone have Terry's cell number??? :deadhorse: