Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry~ I love that show "Tell Me You Love Me". What I like about it is the "rawness". These people could be my friends, my neighbors or co workers...they are just so real. The sex is a little too real (honestly, I don't know how they are "faking" it). I like the cross generational aspect too.

There are too many good shows on, and not enough time. I go to bed so damn early, so I DVR some. This season, I am gonna watch Cane and Sexy Dirty Money. Plus, Dancing, American Idol, Survivor, and Weeds and Californication and and and...aaahhh...the list goes on and on.

Have a good night Violets...sweet dreams!

hi all

well, got stood up by 2 today, new guy fell alseep, oh well sucks to be him. I am done begging people to want to be with me, now if i can just get the confidence to meet new people. all in due time. I am wasted. I had 3 drinks in 3 1/2 hrs. 2 Nasti Tini's, vodka, melon liquor and cran juice. they kicked my ass and were too sweet, but they didn't have any orange flavored vodka (my fav) and then we stopped at a bar on the way home and I had a small orange stollie and cran (yUM) I am so wasted. I needed to relax.

Terri - thank you, I have faith but could use all the prayers I can get. I just need a good paying job so I don't have to rely on my other sources of income. and a nice strong, yet independent man would be nice too.LOL

anyway, off to pass out,

Terri-you are right about the 50,000 mile maintenance. Yes another staph. I am on antibiotics for 20 days. I have my well woman check up tomorrow, but since I am not "well" I will probably make it for next month when I am off the anitbiotics. Root canal....well the first and ony one I had was a total nightmare, the are very expensive AND I ended up having to get the one with the root canal pulled anyway. Just looking furtherdown the road and trying to spare myself some pain and money....not to mention I am a big baby and the thought of doing anything at the dentist makes me physically ill. I am falling apart.

Pamela-I promise to call you a "skinny biotch!". What is your goal to be in the "skiiny biotch" catagory?

Good morning everyone...I am gonna drag my ailing a** to work now. I will check in all of you later. Take care!!

Laura-restriction rocks, right?

Morning violets.

I am up after listening to that stupid dog getting every dog in the neighborhood barking at 4am again. OMG

anyway, going to drop my ds off at the sitter and going to the gym and for another 2 mile walk. I might do the stair stepper at the gym, it depends on how crowded it is there. I hate doing cardio when I feel like I'm going to die and everyone is watching.

well, off I go hope everyone is having a great morning

TracyK- the thought of what you are dealing with makes me ill. I've never had a cavity so the thought that my wisdom teeth or at least on on the bottom needs to come out scares the living daylights out of me. You will feel so much better when it is done.

Morning Violets~

TracyK~ I'll be a skinny biotch when I hit Onderland! I can't imagin weighing 199...I will pass out! Last time I weighed 199, I was an undergraduate and I was doing Weight Watchers. My step mom and I were (and she weighs 125), and if I gained, I had to pay that week ($10 I think) and if I lost, she would pay. Worked for a few weeks, then I gained too often and couldn't afford it. Yes, please call me a skinny biotch when I get to 199, k?

I have 3 glorious days w/o students!!!! Usually I hate conferences, but this year, I wanna sign up for all of them. Then I have a meeting from 2-4 then jazzercise @ 5! Busy day. The scale didn't move...really want to lose 4 pounds by 10-3...keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a great one ladies (and any lurking gentlemen).

Good Morning, Violets..

We'll DH and I are back from the great adventure. 8 hours of driving for a 10 minute appointment would be the pits if we didn't go together. We had a great day talking in the car and then hitting the outlet mall on the way home. I got a new Columbia jacket for winter, DH did too, a new pair of Reeboks, a new sweater from Coldwater Creek (XL!!) and two pair of workout shorts. Also got a cute, cute Halloween outfit for Ethan. He'll be a little kangaroo. All in all, a very good day. I had .5cc put in so now have 2.5 in a 4cc band. DH has 3.5 in his 10CC. He had a little trouble with his pills last night, but I'm having no issues with things getting stuck. But I am having a hard time finishing my 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and blueberries this morning. We both gained last month, but the doc said that was to be expected on the cruise and he said we'll be fine this month. My blood pressure was good for the first time since surgery and the fill was the easiest ever. One poke and no pain at all. Our next fill is Nov. 19 after the next cruise. We've vowed to make this cruise a much more healthy one.

My revised mini-goal now is -11# by Nov. 4. I'm on a mission!!! DD is coming over at noon and we're heading to Curves and then I'll hit the gym this afternoon for some biking.

TracyK.. glad you had the attitude adjustment with the scale. We have put ours away and I told DH we are NOT weighing in til Sunday. We'll only weigh once a week. Sorry to hear about your infection!!

Jennifur..I think I need to come there and slap some guys upside the head for you. I think I could get really good at this!!

Pamela.. I'll be buying tickets for the Clay Aiken Christmas concert here in Michigan for DD for her Christmas present. We both LOVE him!! We're Claymates. This will be the 6th concert of his that I've gone to and each one has been amazing. What a voice, and what a personality!

I'm off to do laundry and some cleaning. Everyone have a great day!! Patience, trust and WWJD!!

Hi all! Good morning, I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We came back yesterday from Mexico but didn't have time to post.

Well my fill was uneventful. I had 4.3 cc in a 10 cc band. When I got there he had me drink some of that yucky white stuff so he could see my restriction and he said I was properly restricted. He didn't want to give me anything but I begged and he finally gave me .2 cc's. He told me to see how I felt and if I had any problems to call him on Sunday. Well I was completely fine. I did liquids that whole day Saturday and started back on regular food Sunday. I don't really feel much difference. I really wish he would have given me a little bit more. Oh well, I'll see how I do. I haven't lost an ounce since last week. Not even with being on liquids all day Saturday.

Terry - I haven't been to my beading class yet. This Thursday. I'm excited. When does Joanna come back from New York? Have you talked to Mel? I want to get together soon...

Laura - I'm so glad everything went well for you! I love Jerky now too and I'm always looking for good stuff. Thanks for the link.

TracyK - Yuck, root canal. I hate the dentist... Hope you feel better soon.

Tracy - How did the Soup turn out? I'm gonna make it this weekend.

The weather is starting to get a little better here in Houston. The evenings are definitely alot cooler. I can walk a few miles around my neighborhood and not feel like I'm about to pass out with the heavy humidity. I'm going to go fix some oatmeal now. I'm craving something hot this morning.

hi again, I'm back home. I worked out for about 45 minutes and going to get myself together and go for another 2 mile walk. I am beat but I'm going. I will have ds all day tomorrow so we are going to the gym but can't take kids where i walk, just not safe.

Judy - please ...LOL I just want an honest man who wants to be with me.

anyway - I hope you are all having a good day

TracyKS - where are you girlfriend?

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the store last night and bought all the ingredients for both the chicken Tortilla and the Veggie Beef soups......

I had a big beef roast thawing out yesterday so this morning I put it in the crock pot with all the veggies.... and set it on low... today it is dark and storming a high of 69... so it should be a perfect evening for soup!

I have to get out all the employee Open Enrolment Packets today so I wore black jeans....... (my black levis size 16 that actually have some room in them!)

Glad Judy and Haydee's fills went well!

Terry: I LOVE The pic! I have the pain in the ass crease between my brows that I get teased about by dh.... (my dad has it too... and after watching all these ps shows I'm wondering if I could get some kind of injection to make it go away without looking like a clingon :)

Jennifur: I'm going to kick some guys ass for you! (I met DH off Yahoo personals, and I also did Eharmony and met some nice guys) Maybe you need to get out of your normal circle, take some pics where you are SMILING and get out there!

Pam: Enjoy the no kids days!

TracyK: Hope you are feeling better!

Gina: You are doing great!

Kat: As always.... your posts make me smile, it almost like I can picture your life and your spunk.......... I betcha SIL doesn't have a rack like yours! :(

Laura: I sent you a PM.. :)

Who have I missed????????

Have a great day!

WWJD

I agree branching out is what I need to do, either way! I need to keep my good true friends, but I think it is time that I expand them too.

DBF asked why I have been so quiet and distant ... HELLO???????????????????????????? do you need to ask after all I've been saying to him over the past couple of months? I would really like some of those drugs

Morning Violets!

I'm at work.. in a pain killer stooper!

This morning the scale said 283.

You know what this means? OFFICIALLY -50lb GONE FOR GOOD!

I have been daydreaming about 199. 100's. Wow. Let's see, the last time I was in the 100's was probably middle school.

Onederland.. I may actually achieve it this time. Woowoo.

Had coffee for b'fast.. I'm not getting hungry anymore. Thank you band <3 <3 <3

Going to dinner with my cousin and her husband tonight. My DH hasn't met them yet, and they wanted to meet him.. I picked the place where we had our wedding reception.. they have yummy veggie kabobs. I could just have that for dinner and be happy. My mood has so changed, I'm so happy with this restriction. I just keep praying it doesn't go away. I am waiting to wake up one day and it's back to nothing.. like maybe I'm just swollen from surgery?? :(

Anyway.. the incision between my boobs ITCHES LIKE CRAZY. It doesn't feel/look infected or anything, but it's driving me nuts. I've been putting cortaid on it, and that's not even helping.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Laura - Your restriction may start to ease up a bit, but you certainly can enjoy it to the max now! Careful with those kabobs and the cruncy veggies. Chew well!! I had a terrible episode last night with some asparagus! I'm excited for you! When you hit 199 I think we WILL have to congregate somewhere for a proper celebration!

TracyinKS - 2 of my friends are now bona fide botox fiends! They're 53-ish and raving about it. Well, one had botox and the other had collagen injections. I have to admit, they do look better! I'm sure that could take care of the brow, but I need surgery for my eyelids....they really are bad. Or rather, I should say, they could be so much better!

I'm heading over to the fills board to ask a question... Ya'll have a great day!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Laura!!!!!

Man oh man…

I went home at lunch to stir my veggie beef Soup (that has been simmering in the crock pot since this morning) and the house smelled SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

With the cool weather (60 degrees right now), I just wanted to put on my sweat pants and curl up on the couch with a hot bowl of soup!