Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Oh ....and I remembered that I ended up putting 3 cubes of beef boullion in at the end.

Morning violets!

We were at the cook out last night till about midnight.. woosh.

My bedtime is 10pm! Everyone was getting drunk, I actually had to go in search for non-alcoholic drinks. I was the only one sober, and took heat for it.. but I am extremely anti-drinkin' & drivin' unlike the rest of the group.

I still woke up feeling hung over, how weird is that?!

We woke up an hour late for work and my eyes are swollen and I'm just in a foggy haze. Today I go to the dentist at 2pm, then going home to shower and pack and then we head out of town for my surgery. I'm trying not to be nervous, I shouldn't have a lot of pains or problems when I wake up, since they're not stitching something to my stomach. Right?

They said they'll give me an Rx for pain meds when I leave, but I wish I had it ahead of time so on our drive back home tomorrow I could take them.

At bowling last night I bowled a 203! Woohoo. We also play a quarters game (not drinkin' game!) it's a way to gamble while we bowl.. I won 4 dollars! It's not a lot, but it makes me proud to win heh.

Working on my morning coffee & bottle of Water. I have to fast at midnight tonight.. like that's a problem, I don't eat around then anyway.. I'll be ASLEEP! The pre-op is at 6am tomorrow.

I'll make sure to post before I leave :)

Sara - Great to see you!!! I'm sorry the weight loss isn't going so well. Me neither...but at least I am NOT gaining!! Hopefully you aren't either. So wonderful to hear Dave is doing alright! How's your job? Still thinking of making a change? Move to Texas!! :D

Haydee - Let's try to get together soon! I know you're busy...but let's try. If you're 'in town' let me know! I got an email from Josie; she sounds good. She won't be back to Houston 'til November. Is your beading class today? :) There's a killer bead show in October at Reliant Center, just FYI!!

Michelle - You are having a ball, aren't you?! Things seem to be finally clicking for you. I think you believed this was just going to be 'like all the rest' of your diet plans and now you've even proved yourself wrong! I hope you spend a TON of money today!

Pamela - :wave: I got your Bracelet but prolly won't get to it 'til this weekend. You said it's just a 'smidgen' too small, right? You think 1/2" will do it or do you want it bigger than that?

Ya'll have a great day!

Hi D Ho everyone!

just checking in - just got home, might lie down for 30 mins before I start running again.

It is amazing how someone can throw something crazy out there and so many of us can relate.

Terry - you are doing great, and I am stuck too, but my body is changing - do you take measurements/?

Hey V's~

Yes, your tax dollars at work again...lol, the kids are writing a folktale.

Micelle~ I know the many faces of fatness too. Been there honey, sometimes I still am. Thanks for sharing, it helps knowing I am not alone in this.

Terri~ OMG, my stomach started growling when I read you Soup post. I am so gonna make that, already printed it out. Thanks for sharing. The Bracelet fit, but was snug, very snug, so yes to whatever your professional opinion is on the extension. Thanks again, your the best! Hey, how is the not smoking thing going? I don't know how you did it in Vegas. The whole place stinks like a ciggy to me, lol. I hope your doing ok, and remember if you falter...the next day get up and do it again. xoxoxo

Sara~ I was thinking about you the other day. I am glad to hear your doing well, and that Dave seems to be on the mend. We miss you around here.

NSV: 2 people I work w/ came up to me today to say how great I look. Funny thing is I am having a fat day w/ a bad headache. Oh well, I'll take it. And a student said to me, "Is it me, or are you getting sexier!" I know I know, inappropriate, but hey, I'll take that too!

xoxox

Pamela - that is too funny

I had another NSV today, I was at the grocery store with my aunt and a woman about my moms age said you me, you look like such a young girl, I turned, smiled and asked if that was a good thing or a bad thing, she said very good, I looked very young and she loved my top . Man that coming from some stranger

Aaaaaaaa my computer is so slow tonight?

Terri, I'd love to move to Texas! lol! Im not gaining, but Im not losing, and sorry to hear your not either. My jobs ok, I just keep plodding along. I'm going to wait until the new year now and see what happens to Dave, were pretty sure he'll go back to work, but he can only manage a 30 min car journey still and then he's in pain, but its early days yet.

Aw Pam thank you for your kind comments, Ive just been really lazy lately, with most things, you know when your not focused re weight loss I guess I feel a bit of a fraud, however....I do have an incentive now...:rolleyes....theres a team meeting in October (an over nighter) with work, and they havent seen me in months and every one keeps asking how much Ive lost (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!) Anyway if I really get my act in gear I might be able to shift 14lbs??

Take care everyone

Love Sara xxxxx

HIYA SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just gave up my fill appointment for Monday and instantly my stomach started growling!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

It OK though because I am tight.... the reason I'm hungry is because I wasnt' hungry at lunch so I only had a glass of milk......

Meeting went good... I actually got to go into a little benefits spiel......... I think all present were impressed.

Terry ~ Call me anytime! I'd much rather hang out with friends than do housework!

I've been grazing all day today. I don't know what's going on with me... I can't stay out of the candy jar, the bag of cookies... This is mental, not hunger... I need to get myself together...

We're off!

Make sure you send me good vibes tomorrow morning!

I'll be back ASAP :)

good luck tomorrow Laura!! We will be thinking of you!

Hi everyone:youcandothis:Congrats everyone on your NSVs and scale victories!!

I am so glad tomorrow is FRIDAY:whoo:

Everyone have a great evening and I will be back at the butt-crack of dawn to post again....:eyebrows:

Shopping was good today! It was so nice to go to a store where the clerks are attentive & helpful & made you feel good! I got a long sort of swirly denim skirt (my dd says it looks like a prairie skirt); 2 tops; and 1 goldish brocade vest. The vest was my "fun" purchase.

Oh! & surprise, surprise! The gal who checked me out grew up in the same small town as my DH in New Jersey! They were in the same HS class! It was one of those "small world" stories! Too funny! (He doesn't really remember her, tho.)