Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning violets...

I lol'd at my own post too. I am like Pamela, sometimes I crack myself up!

Well, I am going to work now (to the placce where I am not trustworthy enough to order office supplies)....long story short, I work with a little nazi woman on a power trip that makes me a little bitter (if you can't tell).

Anywhoooo..everyone have a great day. Pray for me to hold my tongue and not strangle the little witch....

Morning violets.

just checking in - I am going to do some running today. I have not been back to the gym this week, my thoat is feeling better today, how after throwing up last night, I don't know but it is, but I am still so run down. I don''t want to completley push myself.

I am off to take my aunt out to the dr and take care of stuff for her, then I don't know what. I have tons of clothes that I need to go through, I got home last night and went to bed and couldn't even see my floor. so that is my sign. the best part is that most of the stuff can go, because it doesn't fit!

Tracy - you are funny and full of it this week. Stay calm

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

This has been a better week than last... the scale is cooperating and validating my hard work, which is how it should be!

Have to pop DD onto the school bus, then it's off to the eliptical! THEN... I actually think that I am going to go to a REAL store (not Wally World or Lane Bryant like I always do) -- probably Coldwater Creek (it has + sizes AND I have a coupon) -- and try to get some Fall clothes. (This is major, major, major for me, as I usually get so disappointed/frustrated shopping at "real" stores so I just don't do it... but I'm feeling better w/the 53 lb loss, so...). THEN I'm getting my hair cut & brows done (I look like I have wooly bear catepillars living on my face!). It's kind of a "me" day... & I'm going to enjoy it!!

Hope everyone enjoys their days, too!

Michelle

congrats on the scale moving - I'm going to have the caterpillars removed today too. LOL. Enjoy your day of you, you deserve it!

Mine is not but I have been so sick, even if I'm not really eating, I am not really drinking either. I'm bouncing between 212 & 214 but... I did another set of measurements today because even though my scale has not really moved in a few weeks, or so it seems, everyone has been telling me how great I look. So I am down another 2 inches. I'lll take that 51 inches lost forever!

My NSV for today, my jeans that i very comfortably now fit into got put in the dryer on High heat - they still fit and went on nicely. I have never put my clothes in the dryer, let alone jeans and on High heat! YIKES. And one of my favorite new shirts I actually tied the back on my own today and it is getting big on me. So I am dressed and ready to go - busy day today

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tame those wooly mammoths!

Good morning everyone! TracyK you are not alone! That is so cool to have a consult with that ps on BM........ hey maybe you can get a cut rate if you agree to go on the show!

Pam: Married Life feels just like the Living in sin life.... when it feels different is when someone refers to him as my husband.

Kat: Glad you dad came through the surgery ok..... my prayer for you is for your life to stay calm for a bit :)

Jennifur: You are such a good neice!

I have a meeting today with a big whig.. my boss wants me to attend so I can see what goes on at these annual meetings... it is me playing the game for when he retires......... he really wants me to get his job when he leaves... the problem is that he has a Masters degree and I don't.... the nuns are VERY educationaly snobbish as many of them are phd's. Most of them have no idea what I actually do, since I deal with the lay employees.................. so anyway...... today's NSV is that I'm wearing one of the new white blouse I bought yesterday.... (Size 16, black jacket size 16, and black dress slacks, size 14), but they are cut loosely and they have some give... BUT last week I could not get them zipped. My hair is up and I actually have matching earrings............ and new shoes that I bought last year but have never worn................ so I AM DRESSED TO THE NINES........ very professional............

Now that I am fitting into some of my old clothes it feels very good to dress up......... hell it feels good to give a crap again.... I am only now realizing how deep of a pit that I was in......... I know I've said it before.. but my beginning pic is so very painful for me to look at over and over again day after day on my sig.......... I don't even recognize the miserable woman in it........... to me, I've always looked like my most recent pic.... heavy but happy, sexy in size 16's........

I can not describe how much power my little band has given me over food. It is very freeing...................

OK so enough with deep introspection........... lets talk about seeing our coochies! :car:

Morning Violets~

You guys crack me up! I am sooo tired today. I had a terrible nightmare last night. Here it is: I was in a meeting (I will be out of the classroom 3 days next week and I think I went to bed thinking about getting ready for the sub) so I had a sub. I popped in @ lunch to see how the class was and she had rearranged my desk and some tables. Then as I looked around, she had rearranged lots more too. So I told her, "Put this back now...how dare you do this." Then after the meeting was over, I went into my room and she had removed everything and totally vandalized my room. I was crying and sobbing in the dream and then the asst. superintendent said, "oh yeah, it was histerical to watch her do this..." WHAT...I was crying so hard in my dream. Then I woke up @ 3 am w/ the "kick yo ass" headache of the year. I still have it, even after liquid Tylenol left over from surgery. Anyway, I can tell I am in a pissy mood. I pity the children.

Kat~ I am So glad to hear your dad is well. I know it is tough.

Hey...the scale went down this morning!!! 254. Yesterday was 255.4 so I am happy. A group of girls and I are gonna do this Jazzercize class M-Th @ 5:15! I am excited since I haven't been able to get my lazy ass to the gym in the morning before work. I've been going into work at 6:45, in full hair and makeup...today, is another story. It is gonna be 82 here, so it is pants and a light sweater! I will be freezing, lol.

Have a great day my peeps!

xoxoxox

Tracyks- ditto! I now get up and don't leave the house in sweats - unless I'm going to the gym. I enjoy looking nice again or giving a crap!

I hope you have a good day of meetings.

Morning Violets! I'm in a very chipper mood this morning. With all the moving, painting, hauling and then on top of that getting sick me and my honey haven't exactly been amorous... We fall into bed exhausted every night. Well, now that things have slowed down, we're both feeling better and last night we finally christened our new house. Whew! I can't believe we went almost a month with no nookie! So today I am feeling great!

Pamela - my restriction is gone too... like I said, I'm getting a fill this weekend. When is your next one? Last night I made pork chops in a green salsa and I was able to eat two!!

Terry - yes, we're taking our classes at Beadaholique on Louetta. They have the most amazing stuff there. We could browse for hours...

TracyK - I snorted Water out my nose when I saw your post. So then that's our end goal, to be able to see our coochie? I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I'm so jealous of all you girls shopping for clothes! I haven't bought anything new in awhile. What I had been doing is shrinking all my clothes in the dryer, a big no no before I was banded. I would never ever put anything in the dryer. All my clothes were already tight to begin with. But anyways, like I said, I had just been putting everything in the dryer and trying to shrink it. Well that stopped working too. My old clothes were way to big on me. So then I started raiding my little sisters closet. She's a size 14-16 top and size 18 bottom. Weellll, her pants are beginning to get lose on me! So I guess my next step is looking for stuff at the Salvation Army! I've found some really nice things there in the past and I'm sure there will be more of a selection in the size I am in now...

Anyhoo, off to eat some Breakfast. I got cottage cheese waiting for me...

Tracy, you sound oh-so-professional today! This: "...and I actually have matching earrings..." cracked me up!!

I agree w/you 100% re: how out there I was w/being a literal slug & not caring how I looked or anything... last Nov/Dec were the worst, I think... I'd get the kids off to school & then crash on the couch 'til about 1/2 hr before they came home, then I'd jump up & rush around to make it look like I'd actually done something all day... it was bad, bad, bad... but no one knew... it was like I was two different people... the active, PTA mom who had her sh*t together (my "public" persona), and then the "real" me... depressed & lethargic... now I feel as though my "public" and "private" selves are more balanced & it's so much better that way!! I was really serious earlier when I said that my going shopping @ a "real" store is a MAJOR achievement for me because I usually just buy any old piece of crap clothing that would just cover me for as little $ as possible (because I wasn't worth it...) and now I realize that I deserve to have nice clothes & to look good in them! What a change! Who can put a price on that???

And the BEST part is that this is still just the beginning!! I can't imagine how different I'll feel in another 25+ lbs lost... I do not remember a time when I weighed less than 250... so that will be an amazing moment. And actually achieving a wt loss goal??? That has NEVER happened... but now I think it will!!!

All this introspection... bleh!... time to shower & hit the store!!

Congratulations, Denise!!

Great job! Enjoy it!!

:clap2:

(I'll leave the 'naners for Pam to post! I know how she loves them so! :eyebrows:)

:car::Banane20::):Banane20::P:Banane20::P:Banane20:;):Banane20:;):Banane20:;):Banane20:;):Banane20:;):Banane20:;):Banane20:;):Banane20:

Denise...these are for you!!!! Congrats! I can't seem to break the -30 pounds, but it WILL happen soon! Here's to seeing our cho cho's ladies!!! NSV ALL AROUND!

Ok, gotta go. I am at work. Yes ladies, this is your tax dollars at work...lol...believe me, I earn my $.

HAVE A GREAT ONE LADIES!

XOXOXOXOXOX

Hi Guys!

Sorry Ive not logged on for ages!! Tracyinks your pics are just great, and so's your Pam!

Well things are going pretty good here, Daves doing well, and I secretly love having a house husband now! :biggrin1:

Diets not going too brilliantly, but its my fault to be honest, I need to start writing everything down again, its the only way really.

Hope everyone is doing ok, and loving life!

Take care all,

Love sara xxxxxxxx

Everyone is just doing AMAZING things this month!!! I'm just so ecstatic for all of you!!! Makes me so proud!! There's this part of me that's jealous, but it's just a fleeting thought really. The part that's happy and proud of you is SO much bigger and louder!! :) You're all my sistas and your success is as important to me as my own is. I"ll get 'there'...........eventually!!

I've decided that I'm going to make a big ol' crock-pot of vegetable beef Soup (almost) every weekend. I made some on Sunday night and have been eating it every day for lunch and it's so good! I took the time to calculate the nutritional value on dailyplate.com and it amounts to 200 calories per 2 cup serving...and 22g Protein, 3g of fat and 19g carbohydrate and 4g of fiber! And what a great way to get a wide variety of veggies and micronutrients! Getting enuf veggies is always my challenge. I eat salads but need more variety.

I'll post my recipe just in case anyone wants it.

CROCK POT VEGGIE BEEF SOUP

1.5 # lean stew meat

1 qt (32 oz) beef broth (I used Swanson's)

1 sm can organic Tomato sauce

3 cloves garlic - chopped

seasoned garlic salt to taste(I use Garlic Dude Dust)

black pepper to taste

1 can chopped tomatoes (I use Rotel 'cause we like it spicy)

1 zucchini cut into bite size pieces

1 yellow squash cut into pieces

1 crown broccoli cut into pieces

1/3 crown cauliflower cut into pieces

1 can Green Giant niblets corn

2 white potatoes, quartered

1 small bag baby carrots

1/2 sweet onion, chopped

I trim the stew meat of all visible fat and gristle. If I have time I brown it in oil..otherwise I just throw it in the pot.

I just mix all this stuff together in a 4-5 qt. crock pot and cook on low all day (10 hours). I think you can get the same result by cooking on high for 4-5 hours.