Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracy- Aww I love the pics, and look how skinny you're getting!!!!!!!!!

I guess it is weird, poker doesn't phase me, but something about going to stores alone sets my craziness off.

Mom said last night, my sister was put on more meds and they did more tests.. and they said if the meds aren't making her feel better by noon on Friday they are admitting her to the hospital. Same day of my surgery! So now mom is torn, since it's 3 hour drive, she said she wants to take 2 cars in case I have to stay longer and she has to get back for my sister. We're broke at the same time hah.

I weighed last night.. 284lb! So much for gaining weight :rolleyes:

Past 3 days I've been under my regular caloric intake.. I don't know why, but it's like I'm too distracted to eat at night which is normally my downfall.

Today is employee appreciation, so we're doing a cook out. I have to go to both times (noon and 9pm), and make sure the pickles are out! Hah!

See you girls later ;)

STRESS is inflating your band! LOL!!!!!!! Way to go on the two pounds lost!

I hope your sis responds to the meds.. that is so scary!

Ms_Jen: Hang in there woman!

Jennifur: Want to come clean my house next?????? My mouse guy is a bunch of traps and POISON! as soon as the weather gets colder.. them little varmits find every hole in my OLD OLD house!

Ok.. gotta go.......... back later

TracyKS- I have a long way to go, it is a mess in here and want to get the fall cleaning done. I didn't get much done but cleaned out my dishwasher, sink, trash can and a the inside of my oven and convection oven. that is about enough for me for today. but eality, I am going to do some more laundry, maybe work on my room again, I have clothes EVERYWHERE! I need to get rid of most of them...... did i mention the other day I was going to wear one of my old ribbed sweater turtlenecks and it is way too big, so they now all go. I don't have anything except my sweats and my levi's - don't get me wrong, very happy about that, but I don't have money for clothes.

As for my mice... OMG.... that is just not good, they had overtaken my house so I am going on year 3 of having a mouse guy, I couldn't take it anymore, and I don't have the money for that either, but... there are just some things in life I can't live without!

I am up in the air about mice. I've never had a 'problem' with them I guess. We currently live with our back property line right one a HUGE crop field.. corn or something (it's dead from drought, so we never saw what it was).. and mom was telling me mice are rampant out there and our house is probably filled with mice. Mice don't scare me so I said, I doubt it but oh well.

I have 3 cats, they can't even kill a bug (they follow them around and cover them with a paw, then raise the paw to follow it again).. but they would find the mice I would think.

How would I know if I had mice?

Morning ladies, or is afternoon already? I'm feeling much much better. The combination of DayQuyl/NiQuyl really helped. My house is coming along... Still have tons to do but I can see the light... :rolleyes:

I'm going to Monterrey, Mexico this weekend for a wedding and while I'm there I'm going to go see my doctor that banded me for a free fill! That's going to be nice, not to have to pay $200 bucks for a fill! I get free fills for life with my banded doctor but since he's in Monterey, Mexico it's usually impossible for me to get down there. And I definitely need a fill. I want to be back to half cup servings. My hair is growing back, I've got a ton of baby hair that won't stay put! I'm just glad my hair is curly so that's it's able to hide all that new growth.

Tracy, you look amazing in your pictures. You both look so happy! How's the wedding preparations coming along? March will be here in no time!

Laura, I'm so happy that they were able to schedule you in to fix you so quickly! Will you have to go through bandster hell all over again? No, it's just your port that needs replacing, right?

Tracy TX - I'm sure you made the right decision about the house. If your gut was telling you no then it was better to go with your gut. It's a buyers market right now in Houston. I don't know if that extends down into your area too but I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a nice home when you're ready.

Kat - hope everything went well with your dad today. I don't know what I would have done if I had to stay in the same room as my parents! I would have taken some Tylenol PM around 6pm and called it a night!!

Jenn - I still haven't cleaned out my garage from the house we moved out of!! There is still so much stuff in there. Come do mine when you're done with yours!

Terry! I'm glad you had a good time! Don't fret about the 2 lbs! I'm just glad you went and got that slight unfill before you left town, you would have been miserable... Hey, I signed up my mom and I for beading classes. We start Thursday. We start with a basic Bracelet but hopefully some day we'll be doing beautiful necklaces like yours.

Pamela - how are you doing with your restriction? If my days were stressful like yours I'd definitely be super tight all the time. I was crying at a Lifetime Movie the other night and when I tried to swallow my popcorn I got completely stuck! Too funny!!

Ok girls, talk to you later...back to work for me...

Laura

well when the season changes and they are looking for shelter, you will know. i had droppings all over the place and it got the the point when I called the exterminator that I could open my utility closet door and they would be sitting there looking at me and not even slightly afraid of me

What is wrong with me???????????????

I just went shopping at lunch and bought some open toed low kitten heels……………… THIS IS NOT TRACY

They were 75% off ……….. I also bought two size 16 work blouses to get me through this awkard between size stuff…….

2 blouses and 1 pair of fancy shoes for $24.00………. at Maurices in our little mall! WHO KNEW

And get this…………… I didn’t eat food? ??? Me??? miss a meal???????????

Go Tracy

I have bought colors lately and wearing jeans all the time and loving it! same thing with me. what is wrong, i never wear jeans, hate them and now that is all i wear.

I'm watching last nights biggest looser. Funny, these people are working hard and loosing a couple lbs and frustrated. it funny I feel like i'm feeling the same way lately

Terry! I'm glad you had a good time! Don't fret about the 2 lbs! I'm just glad you went and got that slight unfill before you left town, you would have been miserable... Hey, I signed up my mom and I for beading classes. We start Thursday. We start with a basic Bracelet but hopefully some day we'll be doing beautiful necklaces like yours.
Are you taking your class at Beadaholique on Louetta?? That is by far the nicest bead shop in town. Or are you going to that one in Old Town Spring? Auntie's (or something)? It's a blast -- you'll have fun!! Bring your wallet!! :rolleyes:

We had our employee appreciation lunch.. OY.

I did good mostly, I wanted a beer brat, but they made something new.. some spicey keilbasa (cut into 3 person portions I think).

So I took a beer brat, and someone wanted to try the kielbasa, so I said split this one with me, I can't eat it all. They hmmed and changed their mind, so I had them both on my plate, about 1oz of potato salad and 1oz of baked beans.. I ate 3/4 of the kielbasa and the brat.. BLECH. (No buns) I knew I shouldn't have, lunch for me is normally very small. But they were so good. I'm payin for it now, I do not feel good.

I have bowling tonight, then have to come back here for the appreciation dinner for 2nd shift. Phew.. doubt I'll eat anymore of that stuff tonight.

They also had hamburgers and hot dogs.. I saw one guy, who is HUGE.. get 2 burgers.. and these are those huge 1/2lb kind of burgers.. so 2 burger patties on 1 bun. It was about 8inches tall. I was like good god.. that's gross. And to add to that, he also got a brat in a bun. I couldn't even eat 1 of those burgers pre-band.. I don't know how he crammed 2 plus brat. Stuff like that amazes me these days.

Hi all!! I know this is a bit premature BUT...I have been scouring the internet searching for the perfect plastic surgeon for my TT and wing removal....I found the perfect dr and he is in the medical center in houston. Well, long story short, after I chose him I found out thathe is the plastic surgeon on that show "Big Medicine" on discovery health. What a trip...I guess the research was dead on! Who better to slice me up? I a, thinking about just going for a consult at the beginning of the year to find out all of the specifics of what I need to do, how much more to lose, yada yada yada. Just the thought having the surgery and not needing a mirror to see my coochie is exciting.:omg: OMG did I just say thst out loud??:faint:

Anywayyyyy....I on that note, I'll just leave now.......

(am I the only one that thinks things like this?) YIKES

TracyK- I have been thinking about it alot, infact, I trust my surgeon with all I have and going to see who he recommends. I was looking in the mirror after I got out of the shower and OMG, I wanted to die. I am actually very happy with myself where I am if my tummy was gone. That would make my 16's a 14 maybe even a 12, because the only place they fit properly right now is my belly. Don't get me wrong, if I lost my last 37lbs in the mean time while going through the process that is just such a wonderful blessing.

So on that happy note, I ate a pc of cheese earlier - slime, that is an understatement! I actually threw up, something I have not done yet. so I just stopped at a local sub shop and got a broc Soup. I know this is a bad phase, and I'm not gaining, but it is even hard to drink Water these days.

I am off to bed, so very tired.

Hi!!!

Well we got Dad's surgery done today, and it went great. He is in ICU tonight, so they can watch him closely, and keep an eye on his blood pressure which is a bit high. He is alert, talking, eating...and his color looks better already!

Thanks for all the prayers, and for listening to me whine!!! I feel like such an ungrateful brat (yes even at my age) when I complain over things like that, so thank you for understanding where I was coming from and not telling me how horrible I am!!!

If he does well, we may be able to actually take him home tomorrow afternoon, but it is all depending on how he does tonight, and when they begin removing his different support meds, etc.

I will try to get back and read up----I have to go send some update emails for my Dad....will talk to you all later!!!

((hugs))

Kat

Hiya Sistas~

Well, I am home from Back to School Night! Man o Man...I can't believe that I have to go back in the morning. I am pooped!

Haydee~ My restriction is slipping. I was soooo happy last week, but now I feel it is getting harder and harder to eat smaller amounts. I really have to monitor myself...and I am starving lol!

I am hungry for lunch @ 11:30, that is after a Protein Shake and a string cheese. I eat about 2-3 oz of chix salad or tuna sal., 12-16 whole wheat Wheat thins. then @ 2-2:30, I have 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. I am drinking about 48 oz of Water each day, somedays more. Then dinner is a healthy choice or some dinner. Anyway...whaaa whaaa...that is my story.

Tracy~ How is married life?

TracyK~ I LOL'd (is that a new word) at your post. Isn't this forum a great place. There are few other places in the world that we can talk about such things w/ people.

I can't believe it, the clock just hit 9 pm and I am ready to pass out. Have a great one ladies...see you all tomorrow!!

xoxoxox