Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracy- wow.. a large shirt. I haven't worn one of those since 3rd grade!! I am down to 2x in Old Navy sizes, and 3x at most my other places (I was 3x and 4-5x respectively before).

I think the day I wear a large shirt, i will likely burst into happy tears!

Laura-I am so glad that you are gonna be all fixed up Friday!! We will all be there with you...

I decided no on the house. We are just going to wait until next year and think about buying a home. I just hope I do not end up regretting passing this one up. Oh well, I am just going with my gut and right now my gut is telling me to take things slow.

Pamela-tonight is the end ;) Are you a Survivor fan?

Everyone have a great night and I will "see" ya'll in the morning!!

Ms_Jen: you've been aweful quiet lately.... you must be busy!

I’m here lurking in the shadows. I’m tired, discouraged and stressed. I’m tired because I have two houseguest for 2 months, my DH is sick and I have to do everything. At first we were told he had vertigo, then an infection in the mastoid, now they don’t know what it is but think the problem is the part of the brain that controls the balance. He was suppose to have a special balance test tomorrow and to prepare for the test he wasn’t suppose to have caffeine, antihistamines… 24 hours before and he had both this morning so the test is rescheduled for Oct.3rd so I have to rearrange my work schedule again.

I’m tired because I’m doing everything.

Discouraged because I didn’t loose not 1 pound in 6 weeks. At least I didn’t gain! I upped my exercise yesterday to walking 6 miles a day and cutting my calorie intake to below 800 and the scale finally showed a 1 pound lost this morning. So on to day two. Six miles completed for the day. 64oz of Water out of the way and working on the Protein. I guess I’ll have some Isopure.< /span>

I get stressed if I can’t get my “to do list” done, which I haven’t been able to do since DH got sick last month.

I just need a hug and a drink (but the calories are too high).

Hey Violets~

I just read to pages of posts, and can't remember what is what and who is who. I'll try!

Laura~ I am so glad you stepped it up. You don't strike me as the type of woman who won't speak up for themselves. Maybe it is because I am older, but I don't take shit from anyone anymore. I am extremely nice, but cross me once, or be unprofessional once, and you'll hear about it. I swear, most people love me...mostly because I speak my mind. Kick ass sista and take no prisoners. You are not talking to these people to make friends...you paid for a service and basically you didn't get what you paid for. Good luck and I hope Inamed helps you out.

TracyK~Glad I made you giggle. No nookie? WTF? Time to call grandpa again and have a child free weekend. You deserve it! Congrats honey, I thought about you all day.

Judy~You never cease to amaze me. I can't drag my ass to the gym since school started. I know that is what I really need to do, I am sooo grumpy and tired. I had a student "fake hit" me today...little SOB. I wish I drank!

Tracy~ I am bummed about the show ending. Yes, I watch Survivor, but not like BB. I am sooo disappointed in the white trash season, and the white trash winners. I hope Dick wad gets it though, I think he palyed a better game than the little idiot.

Janie~ 101 lost!! Wow. Good on you girl!

Ms Jen~ Sorry your having a hard time. My partner suffers from that too. She was diagnosed w/ Mieners Disease or Meiners. It was after she was repeatedly treated for vertigo, etc. They tested this and that, and then said Mieners. You may want to google it. We found lots of information and some dietary guidelines that help. Also, Water pills.

Terri~ Hurry up and catch up...WE MISS YOU!

Jenn~ Where are you? Don't recall you posting today.

Kat and Michelle~ xoxoxo

Ok...ready for this...tomorrow is Pamela's annual Beef Stroganoff night! I make it for some teachers before Back to School Night, which is tomorrow. Now, last year, I could eat it. Now, I am not looking forward to it. It is soooo rich and even if I don't eat the pasta...it seems sooo rich. But I'll make it and salad for the troops. Have a great night everyone!

I am gonna get my Healthy Choice and watch All My Children (love DVR). No more nachos for me...put on 2 pounds yesterday:faint:.

xoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Kity- I'm not a pushover type, and 90% of all customer service that deals with me.. I'm the customer from hell. When they try to rip me off/scam me, etc. I am all about fighting them.

The problem with my doctor, and maybe he does this on purpose LOL.. he is a WONDERFUL guy.. personality I mean. He hugs me everytime he sees me, huge smile, so nice, when he does my fills he's saying how patient I am and what a wonderful girl I am blahty blah.. so its a lot of making me feel good.. I've never seen him without a smile, so it's really hard to try to see me telling him I'm unhappy about something. I had to find the courage to say "Look, these fills aren't working!!".. and I even felt flustered about that. I guess they treat me so well, I hate the idea of being a naggy customer, if that makes sense.

Just like getting my files to go to another doctor, I didn't have the courage to bring it up last visit.. now all this, and I'm going to get free fills for a while, so I'm not moving doctors to a local-er one till that's over at least.

Anyway, I've never in my life met a doctor that was so sweet. He really is great. And he is doing the surgery Friday for free.. but the hospital charges, anesthesia charges, and the inamed people chargin for the port like I said..

So there.. I'm back onto happy feelings.. can't wait for Friday to come and go. They said no more b/c.. fehhhh..all these things makin me so nervous, I don't wanna pop up preggers. Last thing I need right now...and husband is insatiable.. and I'll be the first to admit *I* hate condoms. And he makes a big deal about having to buy them.. heh!

Ahhhhhhhhhh my son has been screaming for the last hour in his room...... and I'm trying to watch the biggest loser!

I updated my blog before BL... but here are some special pics just for my Violet Sistahs (and lurkers)

post-208811-13813135511092_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813135511273_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813135511468_thumb.jpg

post-208811-1381313551164_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813135511753_thumb.jpg

Tracy~ Great pix. You have a handsome family. Your husband looks as happy as you do! And the little guy is just toooo cute. You look like an completely different person than in your first posted pic...amazing. congrats congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise: hows nannatobe today?............ (your a nanna to be)

The nannatobe is doing great! She's officially missed her period and we estimate her at 5 weeks preggo.

My doc gave me a small fill - 0.2cc....I don't feel much different than before the fill...we'll see. His scale says I've lost 2 1/2 lbs in 3 weeks. Mine says I've lost 1 lb in 3 weeks...either way that's not acceptable for me! ;)

He said I need to up my exercise....I'll have to try and find more time....

Tracy your family is so adorable! You're both glowing! Congrats again!!!

Hi guys

Laura, I am so sorry you have to deal with this all = I guess when It rains it pours, but I am sure you will be great. My prayers are with your sister too.

TracyKS- Yes I will take sunshine and a date.

Pamela, I posted early to say goodmorning, crazy couple of days trying to catch up from being so sick for 4 days. I just got in from work, stayed and had a heart to heart with step mom - man, she actually had a couple of tears when we were talking, I've never seen her break down and would have never guessed she was weak at one time in her life. I have a new found respect.

well, I'm going to pass out. so tired and exterminator is coming in the am, so i should finish cleaning up.

Hi girls, sorry I did not make it in to post last night. When we made the room reservations, my Mom freaked out over being alone in the motel room after Dad was admitted to the hospital, so to appease her we went with one room, was supposed to be a suite. Got here, no suites available. State Fair going on, there are no motel rooms to be had. So we get this little room with 2 Queen beds, damn near side by side....and I am rooming with my parents again. I love them more than I can tell you, but omg....I DO NOT want to live with them again!!!! Anyway, one thing or another, and I did not make it in....Dad wanted to go to bed about the time the sun set....!!! Which put him waking up before the sun come up, and making coffee, in this tiny ass room, and I am not a coffee drinker, so the smell was annoying, then he showered, with the wall of the bathroom, right beside my bed....then on come the TV...I was not a happy girl upon waking!!!

Sowe have to have him at the hospital by 7:30....we finally get there, get him registered, and we wait....Rick and Gary made it down....they rode in this morning to be here for the surgery. We wait some more. Finally about noon, they call him back to pre-op, and we settle in to wait it out, when out pops my Dad. Seems the person having surgery ahead of him, had some complications, and he was being bumped....so now he has surgery tomorrow, and once again, I amrooming with the folks.....heaven help me PLEASE!!! I am doing my best to appreciate this time with them, but it is trying my pateince....what little I had!!!! With the change in Dads schedule, I am going to miss my appointment for the ultrasound on my thyroid, now it is in October....I really hate them doing this, we are all stressing about it enough! Anyway, Rick had to work again tomorrow, so he and Gary rode back this afternoon. As I have said the fair is going on, there are some great botanical gardens, all kinds of things, so what do they want to do??? Watch some TV, nap....do nothing!!!! NO!!!!! So I left, went down to a local mall, did some shopping, answered my phone from them 3 times....finally give it up, and come back. deep deep sigh......

Tracy, well you did it girl, and you looked beautiful doing it as well!!! Congratulations!!!!

Welcome to you newbies....this is a wonderful group, supportive, and loving, you would be hard pressed to find a better bunch ANYWHERE!!!

Oh yeah, and another thing, despite the fact I am eating out of a hospital again, I should lose some weight. My Dad insists on sleeping in the spot he can see the TV from the best....actually the issue is HEARING it....but it is also closest to the AC unit, and so it freezes him....and I across the room, should be melting!!!! I mean fat liquifies under heat right???? I should be dripping pounds off the side of the bed....!!!

Pamela---I too love the naughty nanners!!! They just make me laugh!!! I am not one to allow anyone to walk over me either, in fact if I have an issue in a store, my family walks away, pretending they do not know me....it becomes a matter of principle then!!!

Laura---I would shop with you!!! Retail therapy!!! I find it humerous, that you can stand up to those men in a game of poker....and not blink an eye, and yet Wallyworld can reduce you to tears....I would be more likeley to shop Walmart nekkid, than to play poker with the big guys!!!! Go figure!!

Well --- I would do my best to catch up, and discuss my experience with green toilets...but it is time for lights out....I have truly pushed it, and he rolled over yet again!!! I know he is stressing massively over the surgery, I do not want to make it worse. I will be back tomorrow night to check in.

Thanks for being there girlies!!

Kat

Good Wednesday morning, Vi's~~

Off to aqua aerobics this a.m., then work, work, work, then my "taxi" service for kids back & forth to their activities! Phew!

Make it a great one!!

Kat-more power to ya girl...we are here for ya! Take care!

Tracy-thanks for sharing the pics! You look so beautiful and all of you look so happy. Congrats!

Pamela-I was surprised that Dick won...sorry the season did not go the way you wanted it to, but, there is always next year ;) I am kind of curious to see what ends up happening with Nick & Daniele...if we even find out!

Ms Jen-I am so sorry for what you & your DH are going through! You are in my prayers! You are right about the drinks having calories, but the hugs don't..so here ((((((hugs)))))

Jennifur-good morning!!

Terri-It is so great to have you back! Show us some pics from your trip!! We missed you and hopefully you catch up on the posts because we can't stop posting, its in our blood!! LOL

Denise-at least the scales are going down & not up...that is the most important thing, you are doing great!

Michelle-Boo! I see you lurking!

If i left someone out it is not on purpose! Everyone have a great day and remember WWJD?!

Hi all. I think I'm caught up now! Dang!! A couple of illnesses, surgical complications, a wedding and a new baby on the way just while I was gone!

Kat, you sound better!! Your mouth finally started healing up after you started the drugs? That sure sounded painful!!

Laura - Hugs, girlfriend! That is all such a bummer but you sound like you are handling it real well. Glad you called Inamed....I had heard they are good about warranty so was confused when you said they wouldn't cover it!? How is your sister today?

Denise - Congrats on the baby!! That is so exciting!!! :rolleyes:

Michelle - You are kicking ass on that elliptical!! Don't worry about not losing during this period. Your body is in 'shock', so to speak, about this change in routine and is adjusting by holding onto some Water. Just keep doin' what you're doing...you know it's the right thing!

Tracy - I love your pictures!! Thanks for posting them. Ya'll look so happy!!! Makes me all googley inside.

TracyK - I'm glad you went with your 'gut' on the house. It didn't sound like you were really sure...and $2,200 is a LOT of money to ask for up front!

Haydee - Hi! :wave:

Well, as I said earlier....I gained 2+ pounds while I was on vacation. I am not very happy about that now but at the time I was perfectly content eating like a pig!!! I lost money, too...big surprise. DH came out a bit ahead. We loved Treasure Island ...great moderate hotel and a perfect location on the strip. However, they wanted $22/day to work out in the gym so I'm way behind on my exercise and have been busy since I got back. I can literally feel my body turning to mush and I DO NOT like it. I'll be happy to get back at it tonight.

I'm glad to be back -- I really, really DID miss you all while I was gone!

XO!!

WELCOME BACK TERRY!

Thanks everyone for the comments on my pics.......... The upside is that I will be A LOT thinner for our NEXT ceremony!

That was my mom and my sis............ they were both excited to be able to be there.... My sis is disgusted by her pic she said she looks SOOOOOOOO fat! (she is at the heaviest she's ever been except for pregancy) but still......... 148lbs.. I'll TAKE IT! My mom has also had a lifelong battle with her weight............ up and down... just like me........ sadly, she won't even discuss the band with me.. says she doesn't want any more surgeries..... These are my two best friends....... I will be lost without them... both have already had bouts with cancer...... I love them so much.

OH and I forgot...... for the ceremony I shoved my grandma's ring on my finger... it had gotten too small but NSV... I am wearing it right now........... yeah my fat fingers look like sausage, and my nails are peeling off... but I am wearing it! (kind of visible in my goofy pic above)

I'm eating my WC oatmeal............... must drink Water today

Have a great day everyone!

Morning violets

TracyKS- nice pics. You are so cute and look so happy

Terry - 2lbs is ok, that is easy to lose and I'm sure you will.

TracyK- I'm sorry the house didn't work but it is ok, that was a lot of money to be forced. The right thing is out there

I am here cleaning, what a mess, and my dd "forgot" to do the dishes, which makes me insane, so I am on a mission. Plus I asked her to just do her chores last night while I was at work because the mouse guy is coming today. OH WAIT, he is late. how frustrating! I am going to clean the garage today - so I can make room for the pool stuff and start parking in there again. It is getting close to frost time here and I refuse to clean off my car. Mom doesn't mind parking outside because she has a car starter, I use to have one and loved it, not anymore, so I got a garage door opener instead. LOL

I hope everyone is having a good day.