Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracy~ I saved the little one to puter but when I put it in my avatar, it says not a valid file. That is always the problem. Thanks for your efforts!

Good Morning, Violets. I really slept in today.. must be all the traveling catching up with me. I have a PMS luncheon today.. that would be Pastor's Main Squeeze group of clergy spouses that get together once a month for lunch. Just like in here, we share the same experiences and have a great time just being us.

Then we take the dogs in for their grooming and I will go with DD to Curves again today. Tonight i have my singing group rehearsal. We are having our publicity pictures taken tonight and for the first time I will NOT be the heaviest in the group!! NSV!!!!

Pamela... you luuk maaaahvelus!!!! And certainly not at all like your old avatar picture!!! I was thinking last week that on the first day of school, I was not in the classroom again, but on a ship on it's way to Alaska. Life is good!!!

Kat...sorry to hear about all the medical issues. Hope they are resolved quickly.

Jennifur....you made the right decision about the sleepover!! Weather has been rainy here the last few days, but we sure needed it. My lawn has finally gone from brown to green and needs to be cut again. DH will get his exercise mowing this week.

Tracyinks...loved the pics of you in the jeans.. it's amazing the difference in the two!!! Keep up the great work, you loser.. hehehe Who would ever have thought that would be a compliment!! lol

I'm off to get dressed for the luncheon. Everyone have a great day. Patience, trust and WWJD??!!

Phew! My friend kicked up my workout... she programmed the eliptical to do HILLS for me! Usually I just do level 1, flat & that kicks my butt... I had no idea about hills! Yikes! but I DID IT!!! :confused: :) :) 25 mins, 4.5 miles, w/hills! + I did 15 mins on the stationary bike before that! Man was I sweating -- I think I still am!

What is happening to me?? Am I becoming a *GASP!* EXERCISER??? Maybe I'm channeling Terry! LOL! If she's the "gym nazi", then maybe I'm becoming the gym "French Foreign Legion"... ha ha ha!

Once I think I can make it up the stairs, I'll go shower... may be awhile!

TEENS, TracyKS??? I can't wait!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Jen, you keep saying "liquid lunch"... whatcha drinking??? :)

Morning all you Violet Vixens!!!

Pamela---I agree, you could have put those pics in a line up and I never would have picked them from your other avatar!!!! Girl you are beautiful!!!! Classic---perfect oval face!!! Definitely time for the avatar to change!!!!

Terry helped with my pics---I too am picture challenged.

Jenn---sorry you too are having distressful dreams. I have not had mine again, but it was so real, I can feel it, and see it in detail still. Sometimes we have to make them accept the fact that we are the parent for a reason, they have friends at school---we are going to do what we think is best for them. And will she hate it now? Yep, but in the future she will understand it. My kids, have mentioned it too many times to count!!!!

Michelle---I am so impressed!!! My elliptical trainer has 8 programmed routines, then you can purchase others (they sell with a video, so you can see where you are walking!!!) 5 of them are varying levels of the hills, increasing as they go, pushing it up to a level 6 max on them that I have found. Then the other 3 are 30 minute workouts with increased tension levels lasting longer, and longer. Or you can enter your weight and how long you want to work out, and all, and it will program, and vary the intensity---I have never done that!!! I have completed the first 3 programs, and at this time I just choose one of those, and go. Then when I finish it, I do some upper body loose weight lifting....and call myself done. But yes, I miss it when I don't do it. I didn't do it last night, I feel kinda crummy. I should drop a pound or 2, I cannot eat!

French Foreign Legion---made me laugh---and that hurts!!!!! Is one of those hurts good hurts though!!!

I will be joining Jenn in liquids today, my mouth really hurts! I opted out of a morning ride with my cousin, the jarring just sounded painful.

Tracy---we missed you, glad you're back....remember how hard you fought to get to the 230's???? And now look at you!!!!

Gina---don't be such a stranger girl!!! I worried about the strep---figure if it is, I will hear today since he cultured it. I have some general aches...a headache.....who knows maybe I am just old and grouchy!!!! Had a pretty frank discussion with the SIL yesterday, and still feel like she blew the situation off....oh well. She wants to play ostrich, there is likely nothing I can say or do to wake her up.

Denise---how's things going with your DD? You seem more relaxed---hope so. Those problems are hard to escape from.

TracyK--I forgot to mention it, but I am really glad your DD's eye appointment went so well. I hate when kids have problems!

Judy---be careful, at the speed you are going you might run into yourself coming and going out the front door!!!! Can you imagine how tired you would be attempting to do all this at your former weight???

Well I went around and closed windows this morning, I was cold. Looked to see how cold it was outside, and my thermometer is not working, I will have to get a new one, I want to know how cold I really am!!!!!

Girls---have a good day....Haydee, try not to work too hard!!!!

Ms. Jen.....where are ya????

TTYL!!!

Kat

Morning violets!

I did get to go. I didn't do good in the tournament.. well I did best I could, I played good.. luck wasn't so hot.

My dad finished 3rd in his tournament and made $20,000.. and he's playing in the main event today.

I did however hit a jackpot on a slot machine! Filled up the whole screen with wild wolves.. so made $1,300 on a $1 bet :)

Came home with $1,000. Woohoo.

Back to work.. I weighed myself when we got in last night. 287lb.

Seriously. GAH! I barely ate all weekend, room service was messed up and we walked constantly. My next fill is tomorrow, I'm going to demand he fill me up!!! hah.

Michelle, thanks for noticing, I was really hoping that it would happen in August....But, like my Dr. said there is no race. I have been tending to eat sweets lately, not a good idea. I also need to drive where you are and touch you and hopefully the exercise bug will bite me!!!

TracyK, you are so close to onderland, I wonder what that will be like!!!! Congrats early!!!

Jane

Ok back from lunch, I ATE food. I still feel so yucky, I didn't even pretend, I had 2 chicken tenders - I have a nutrition appt on Friday am at 8 so first thing in the am... good, sucks i have to pay for the visit 49 but i get 15% off if I pay on Friday. I do need to go for an attitude adjustment. I so need my health insurance back. I can't wait.

Anyway, I'm going to relax b efore I began the next part of my day

Tracy- I do those Protein bullets of 42g each. They work wonders for my nails..

I have always ALWAYS had nails that peel, but I grow my nails out anyway. Since surgery, I take those bullets, now my nails are hard as rocks and really nice looking.

good for you Tracy - I really can't wait for appt on friday, I really need to go over my choices. or good choices for when I'm running like a crazy person. I am going to read my journal at work tonight or when I get home while I relax.

today - 2 cups coffee

2 chicken tenders

i know... no good. about 250 cals for the day. I have good food at work - I have not been able to eat with dd being sick, stress does bad things to the band.

so here is my NSV for the day... I was at the Dr. office with Melissa - we obviously have same dr - so since we know each others weight, and bad habits, she said I could go in. Nancy our np (who I love and is leaving) asked if we met, i looked familiar, I told her my name and she was amazed. Dr. Singh was looking at me like he knew me but couldn't put his finger on it either... that was the motivation I needed. my own dr didn't know me. LOL

Melissa - you are doing great girlfriend! keep up the great work.

Tracy- I do those Protein bullets of 42g each. They work wonders for my nails..

I have always ALWAYS had nails that peel, but I grow my nails out anyway. Since surgery, I take those bullets, now my nails are hard as rocks and really nice looking.

Laura - where do you get them?

Anyone watch Days of our lives? I know you all work. The new host for the Biggest Looser is Allison Sweeney - I love her. I am going to tape it as motivation. Look if those people can do it without surgery - so can I!!!

Today I've had one of those little boxes of 2% milk (still drinking it) from the vending machine.. no skim milk here :)

And 3 wild berry skittles.. those are pretty grose, took me 3 to realize the nasty taste was coming from candy!

I'm sooo hungry right now, got this milk to try to make my stomach be quiet. We're not taking lunch break today since I have so much to catch up on, and I forgot to grab something to make for lunch, even a snack!! :confused: :) :) :(

IDS New whey liquid Protein

That's where I get my Protein bullets. My uncle who works out takes them now too.. he prefers orange, I prefer grape.

I just 'shoot' half of one tube and chase with Water. I wouldn't ever try to 'enjoy' these like over ice or anything.. they're pretty foul.. But they do the job :)

Sorry about the poker, but that's great about the slots, Laura! Let us know how your dad does... $20k is amazing!

I tried those bullet things during my pre-op liquid stage... blech! They left a nasty film on my teeth & felt "fuzzy" in my mouth. Life is too short to eat/drink truly nasty stuff! I make yummy Protein shakes w/Whey Gourmet ice cream flavor Protein powder & Micellar Milk (van or choc) + some ice cubes... frothy & tasty & 40 g of pro... my fav is the pb choc flavor... I have that for Breakfast just about every morning & it holds me 'til lunch.

Laura, you should stock a drawer or the 'frig w/ good-for-you Snacks @ work so on days you forget to bring food you'll have it... South Beach Protein Bars, cashews or almonds, canned pro drinks, 100 cal packs, 2% cheese sticks, apple/ban, hb eggs... whatever... I realized while typing this that you probably don't like any of these things to eat... sorry! Just trying to offer some advice so you're not stuck in 2% milk & nasty candy land again! Doesn't sound good!

Break time is over... back to work for me!

I guess I'm lucky then, the bullets are fine when I shoot them.. I toss back 1/2 of them (so it's 21g at a time), then immediately drink Water.. no after tastes or nothing.. but if I let it swish in my mouth BLECH.

Life's too short to torture myself with Protein shakes (that's my motto!), I've tried every 'good' shake people suggest, but when I try them they are horrible and I know I have to finish it to get the Protein, and it makes me want to cry!

About a drawer at work, I do need to do that. I use to.. and I still kind of do, I have a can of bean & bacon Soup from mushies stage hehe.. and a can of V8. But neither of those appeal to me right now, I stopped makin campbell's Soup after I was out of mushies, think I burned myself out on them..

I'll have to go home and stock up now!!! Thanks for the ideas, I do like some of those items.. just not nuts :)