Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey Violets~

Ok, I am home for a quick bit before I go back to school. It was cool to see the port, and know that it was not flipped or anything. I wore my Bracelet, but then they made me take it off for the flouro. It was cool to see the port and band. But that stuff made me sooooo nauseas (sp) and I am still waiting for that to pass. I am on liquids for a couple of days, and hope hope hope to begin losing weight. I really haven't lost any since the surgery month. But I am trying to stay positive. Thanks so much for all your thoughts and well wishes.

Michelle~ I would be so pissed if someone talked to my daughter like that...making you look like the bad guy in front of your child! Your funk will pass honey. These things come and go!

Did I tell the Violets about my bank stuff? I can't remember, but I closed an account that I have 2 payrolls going into...what the hell. Sometimes I worry about my mind. I fixed it, but the fact that I did it proves the point that I am way too busy!

Have a great day!

oxoxoxoxox

Good morning ladies!

Wow everyone is doing so good in August! Including you Pam! The important thing is that even though you haven't lost anything you also haven't given up and abandoned ship. You are still keeping up with your activity level and trying to eat right. Your body will eventually catch up. I think I lost 5 pounds in August. I was at 259 on August 9th and today I'm at 254. I'll get there...

Terri what you said about setting goals is so right. I can set goals that I KNOW that I can reach. I'm going to re-vamp my goals so that they don't deal directly with pounds lost. Sorry I will miss lunch with you and Joann! I won't be in the area... we are driving to Bentwater in a little while. A friend has a house there that she is lending us for the weekend. I'm so bad for taking off in the middle of my home improvement project but we've been working so hard we think we need a little break! You two girls have fun... Tell Joann hi for me.

Jenn - I'll be in NY from Nov. 9th until the 14th. I'd love see you! You have my email so just drop me a line on what day you want to get together.

TracyK - Have fun this weekend! We haven't gone camping in such a long time. It's either too cold or too hot here. Hey, how do you deal with TOM when you're camping?

Tracy (galveston) - HI!

Everyone have a lovely weekend! I'll talk to ya'll Tuesday...

Hey, Haydee -- we were in Bentwater last weekend!! Would have been fun if we'd have thought this out a little better! I hope it's nice for you guys! Does Juan play golf?

Hi there Violets!!

YAY....work day is over.....let the fun begin!! Well tonight is the night I win the mega-millions lottery jackpot! (yeah right) :) I look at it this way, someone will win, so why not me?!

All of you that have plans for this weekend, be careful!! And watch out for cops. My DH is working as usual, so me and my dd are going to just hang out around here. I thought about a road trip, but there will be so many people on the road that I do not wanna get out in it.

Pamela-lets hear it for Amber being out of the BB house!! Who won the head of household....do you know? I don't want to wait until Sunday to find out! Glad you fill went well...I know you must be relieved!

Hello everyone else!!! HAVE A GREAT ONE :)

Hey all...just a quick post to let my fellow big brother sista know the 411...Zach won! Should prove to be interesting to see who he is really aligned w/. Let me know if you want to know who he nom'd before Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone! Gonna go enjoy my shake!

Pamela-thanks sista....You are right, it will be interesting to see who he nominates. I think I can wait to find out...I think he might nominate Jessica since she put him up...we shall see :)

????

I have a question, I got a small fill Thursday .5 cc's, last night I had what I would call reflux all night. I have only had it once in my life before, but last night and today can't seem to get rid of it. Is it from the fill or just one of those things? I def. feel more restriction, but not soo much as I am throwing up or pbing. I have also taken tums, and it helped, but it is still there, any thoughts???

Jane

TracyK,

I know who he nom'd, so let me know if you want to know. I can't stand to wait. I am the type of person who will buy a Christmas gift for someone in July, and give it to them anyway, lol. Anyway, have a good weekend.

HI all, just a quick update.

Dads visit went as I figured it would. He is scheduled to go back into the hospital on the 17th of Sept., surgery on the 18th. Rick goes down to see his Dr. on the 13th. This is 186 miles one way each time!

Anyway---we made the trip today without any trouble. Except, several days ago a police officer out of Albq. was killed while riding in a presidential motorcade. He crashed his motorcycle, and died. Today was his funeral, unknown to us, we ended up on the same frontage road as the funeral procession. OMG I have NEVER seen anything like it! We were feet away from the motorcade carrying his body from the service to the cemetary. There were no less than 200 police cars, motorcycles, ambulances, fire trucks, fire marshals---all with lights, and about every 3rd one with siren going. They passed us flying! I swear they were going about 50 mph, on a road posted 30---they had all side roads and other lanes, like we were in closed off---they just kept coming, and coming. Then we sat for an easy 20 minutes, while personal vehicles drove by. There was a bank on the corner where we were, they all came out and stood with a flag. Every officer that was there, and every law enforcement entity in the state plus several surrounding states, as well as from Washington DC, was in full dress uniform. It was very impressive. Very sad too. Seems like if he was driven in a sane manner, the officer would still be alive. He was attempting to stay ahead of the car driving the President, and he was going over 110 mph. On a motorcycle, that is stupidity. Of course, I guess you don't just tell the President no.

Oh well, it was so amazing!

Glad Rick was driving, I would have had a heart attack when the first siren sounded so close to me!

We are leaving for the rally in the morning. Will check in when I get back.

TracyK---and anyone else who missed it. I am compiling a list of our addresses and phone #s and personal email if you want to share any of it. For Christmas card exchange, as well as being able to check in on one another if someone is MIA...Beats sending out the flying monkeys!!! ( a Wizard of Oz referral, I love that movie!)

Talk to you all soon!!!

Kat

Morning Violets,

I am really sorry I havent logged on for over a week or so. Ok, I fluncked the smoking and the diet in the last couple of weeks. There I said it. LOL, I feel I have to own up here. I lost focus well and truely, but Im back :nervous !!

Luckily I've only put 1, lb phew.....(that its not more!).

Terry I'm smoking again....I think I need to set a date in my head and aim for it, maybe like in 4 weeks time, so I can kick start the diet again, and prepear for it (and get some meds to help me this time).

Exercise, I know I know Ive got to do, and Ive avoided it like the plauge, but what is so weird, is when I do it I enjoy it?

I'm off to a wedding today, a good friend of mine, Dave cant come as he cant travel in the car (as its 3hrs drive) so Im taking Lucy instead, so were back tomorrow....

Loves ya all, and Im sorry for not coming on here, I should have, because if I had I would have been on the straight and narrow (focused) much quicker......

Confessions over....

Sara xxxxxxxxx

Pamela-I don't wanna know (I do but, I wanna watch it)....Ugh, I am torn, but don't tell me. Thanks anyway!! Have a great weekend!

Kat-I will PM my info...thanks!

Sara-we all screw up, and it just means you are human!! Keep the positive attitude and you will do great!! Hope you enjoy the wedding!

Good morning everyone! Well, no megamillions for me, but someone in Houston did win...lucky sucker!!

Everyone enjoy the weekend!!

Morning all

OMG went to bed at 2am and my neighbor was pounding on my door at 8;30. He borrowed $70 I didn't have the other day (a true friend who needed help and I had it in my hand at the minute) and wanted to return it before he spent it. I'm glad because it was my cell phone money that is now late - but he has been there for me, so i'm very glad I could help, but at the same time glad i can run and pay my bill.

I am NOT glad I'm awake - i'm so bloated. I am glad school next week, I can get into a regular eating habit and regular gym schedule.

Nothing big planned for the weekend - going to relax. having a very emotional week and i don't think that is helping the diet. I have not made 1 good choce this week. oh well today is another day.

well going to drink coffee...going to be a longggggggg day. Today is the first football game, my dd cheers. then doing a 9 hr shift and working on the ovens tonight. at least it cooled off.

Ok something weird is goin on.I noticed it days ago, and it keeps happening so I gotta say something. I keep seeing people post to 'pamela', but I don't see any pamela posting.. I'm so confused!!!!!

I read all the posts,I can't believe I would miss her posts every time.. am I goin crazy or are you guys responding to PM's from her??

Laura - Pamela (Kity) post are out there. Maybe that is why you are missing it, we are calling her by name

Morning Violets~

Laura- IT'S ME!!! I am Pamela. I should change my nic but then no one would know me. Kity is the name I use all the time for games etc. It started w/ GypsyKity, my sweet cat I had in college. Then it was too much, so I dropped to Kity. I play (religiously) scrabble at Quadplex (warning: don't go if you don't want to be addicted. Anyway, that is the story of Kity. I wish it was a better story...something like "it was my stripper name"...but no such luck.

Kat~I had a dream about you. Susanne and I were on a road trip and we came to your house for a picnic "pit stop". We were going to go see TracyK or Tracy KC, then off to Kentucky. Funny, how after a day of liquids, I am dreaming about a picnic. You were a wonderful hostess in the dream...lots of yummy food!:hungry::hungry:

I am feeling good w/ good restriction. I am on liquids...slowing moving to soft today. But last night, I made some Soup (and I was hungry too) and could only eat 1/3 of it. I hope hope hope it sticks. I am ready to lose some weight!!!

Susanne's parents are here and we are gonna hang out, relax, etc. School starts Tuesday:think:think:think.

Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxox