Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Happy Friday, Violets~~

I had a thought while in the shower this morning...

"I *still* have to diet!"

Wait! Let me explain! This is actually a GOOD thought. Here's the thing... I got the band and obviously a part of me thought that the band would take care of the whole volume eating/weight loss issue... I'd eat less of WHATEVER food & I'd lose weight. EXCEPT... it hasn't been working like that... not for me... and not for some I you, too, I think.

Why? Because we *STILL* have to diet... for awhile anyway! I (& again, I think some others) are eating/behaving as if on maintenance, rather than the weight LOSS portion of our journey. We're eating out as a rule rather than an exception, we're eating carbs (my doc says no bread/rice/pasta/potatoes), we're eating too much (just because we CAN doesn't mean we SHOULD), we're eating at inappropriate times (11pm + ice cream = me the other night!), etc., etc. You get the idea. We've got the band in there, it's supposed to do the work, and we've forgotten all about the ingredient of *willpower*.

Then we get upset because we're not losing, or even gaining! Yikes! It truly is a "What Would Judy Do" situation -- what is she always reminding us? "To follow the bandster rules"... well, I for one, if I am totally honest w/myself, have not been doing that! I've been playing the game of "if it goes down, yay!"

The reason the "I still have to diet" thought is a good one, I think, is because it reminded me of MY responsibility to making this work! Do I want to drag the weight loss portion of the ride out... make it take longer than necessary? NO! So if I follow the rules, make the right choices, eat the right amount, EXERCISE... then voila!... the weight begins coming off again! Duh on me! (& yes, I realize that finding our sweet spots will help...)

Don't mean to sound like a lecture... just wanted to share my shower thoughts w/ya'll... take what applies to you & leave the rest! It was the wake-up thought I needed, and maybe someone else can use it, too!

Note the ticker: down 5 lbs! Yay!

Make it a great day, everyone!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bounced today but I had a stress eating moment last night and had icecream............ NSV though the slip dress that I had to wear a Spanx type garment with 3 weeks ago.. slipped right over my belly and hips this morning........ and good old hose is all that was needed to keep my legs from rubbing.

Melissa: Thanks for the thought, but no.. I work in a convent and they DO NOT recognize domestic partners! :rolleyes:

In other more happy news.............. we are having my son's 4th birthday party tomorrow!!!!!!!! He is so excited. We are going ice skating and he picked out a pirate cake.....

Michelle: Funny.. I've been having the same diet thoughts....... mine have been induced by my doctors appointment on Monday. I have to decide if I'm going to get a fill or not........ I think I could be fine that way I am now but I CAN eat more than 1/2 cup......... so I do........ I've been tossing and turning trying to decide what I should do.

I hope everyone has a great great great day!

Michelle - congrats on the 5lb loss!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you and it makes sense. how can you eat things you know are not good and expect to lose. It is a life change and by time we get to our goals or closer to them, we will not even think twice about the choices we are making with food and times we eat. I make pretty good choices but still have a hard time loosing, so if I drop 10lbs doing a liquid phase I know with my regular eating patterns I have set I can maintain that loss. That is so much progress for me it is amazing!!!

I don't think that was a lecture. LOL

Michelle~ Thanks for that...you are absolutely right!!!! Some times I do well w/ what I put in the "pie hole"...sometimes I don't. It is my responsibility...plain and simple. And like you (and perhaps some others) I have selected to forget that my band is just a "tool" and if I don't do my part...then we know the rest. Michelle...thank you again. I always do my best thinking in the shower too!!! I have the hardest time w/ drinking w/ food. But the last 2 days, I've done really well...and I've had to do a lot of thinking about it. Anyway...thanks for the wake up call.

I get my 3rd fill today! Hopefully this will be a good one. Have a great day everyone!

hi

checking in....the cousins go home today. it's been fun but i must say....having kids is REALLY hard. so my hat is off to all of you moms....it's harder then the 80 hr work weeks i used to work.

my food has been very bad this week. since i started eating last week... i am eating crap. i can easily get that down but cant get the good stuff down. i end up PB'ing.

i also am losing my enthusiasm for exercising too. i have to stop this right now. i feel like i'm going into a funk. this is how it starts.

i am fuming and think i need to take care of this....otherwise this is the stuff i used to eat over. to make a long story short....i rented a summer house i own to this guy who is a big scammer. yesterday i called to say i was coming up on sept 10th. in the contract i get it back sept 11th. i was going to come up the night of the 10th. well this guy assumed he could just keep it longer, he had no intention of putting it back in order on time etc.

he's a fast talker and i feel he got the best of me. so i am calling him again today to clarify because i will be dipped if i am going to have to deal with his junk in my house.

in fact he wants to rent again and i think i will pass on it because i dont like his "get over" mentality. i am getting mad allover just writing this...

michelle...thks for sharing your "shower thoughts'. that was very helpful and gave me lots to think about. you are absolutely right.

terry: 6 more hours and we go to the airport....they really are good, good kids...my cousin really deserves alot of credit for how she is raising them.

have a nice day all....

kat- Have you tried Head On? I haven't because I forget about it when I'm at the store, but it looks worth checking out.

I think I have no restriction anymore.. I feel like when I was in bandster hell. Less restriction than I had last month, and I'm really miffed about this. I am going to get another doctor to do fills after my pre-paid fills are up. Found one that is 1.5 hours closer, and heard good things about him.. he doesn't charge for monthly visits, only charges if you do a fill, and my insurance will pay for the hospital fee.

I hate that, because I love my surgeon, he's wonderful. But everytime I go to get a fill, I am very disappointed in his baby steps at them, and like this last time, he re-filled me to where I was already?! He drained some out while poking around, then re-fills me to where I was. So either 1. I shouldn't have been poked & prodded 2. I should have had MORE saline put in.

Just, grr.. what a wasted month for me.

I incorporated a new workout into my nightly routine, doing some weights, if any of you saw my post on the exercise thread.. want to get my love handles tightened up, they are getting ridiculously flabby.

TERRY!!!!!~~~

THANK YOU for the beautiful Bracelet & lovely note! I was thrilled when I went to the mailbox today! I really think this will help me... a concrete, visual reminder of What Judy Would Do... THANK YOU! ((hugs))

Terri~

I rushed to the mailbox this morning...and I found the slip in my box. I will try to get there before 5pm...I am dying to get my Bracelet. Again, I am amazed by the gift of friendship, love and support you've given ALL of us. We love you.

My stomach is out and out growling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess I will get a fill on Monday.

I'm crossing my fingers for VIOLET mail today! :rolleyes:

I have 2 more pre-paid fills. I got 6 'visits', which includes fills or just follow ups.. I had 3 fills and 1 follow up.. have a new fill scheduled for Sept 10, and then I'll make one for Oct, and if I'm still struggling with fills, I'm going to go to a doctor in Nashville.

Good Morning Violets!

Well the headache is lurking, it is there if I move suddenly, otherwise it is ok. I am drinking flat Dr. Pepper for the caffeine. I am thinking it might be some sinus problems...I have sneezed a dozen times this morning. I usually have allergy issues this time of year, I get them twice, once when the lilacs bloom, and now when the corn stalks tassle out. The only thing that has ever helped sinus headaches is the Advil cold & sinus----but not sure if I can manage it.....oh the dilemma!!!!

It is something that NEEDS to go away. I am on Granny duty now til Sunday morning sometime. My DD and her bf are off to ABQ to the Summer Values Concert. Several bands...he bought the tickets a month or so ago. About every 5 weeks the girls end up going to their respective other parents on the same weekend. So he bought the tickets, then this happen with Lindzie, and suddenly Kinsey's father is MIA---along with the child support!!! His new 18 yr. old gf is taking up both all his time and his $$$$ apparently. So the girls are staying with the Grandparents instead. Lindzie with his Mom, and Kinsey here. I enjoy her to no end, she amazes me daily. With her innocent beauty, and her learning new words---and attempting to use them. She is loving and well behaved. BUT she is 2. She needs help in most things she does, and hates having to be helped because she is a big girl! Luckily there are no diapers or bottles, and she sleeps in her own bed, and through the night. It could be much more work!!! Today we will go to the library, and refill the swimming pool, and that should keep her pretty well satisfied! Plus Papa will be home part of the time, and he is her hero!

Laura, I have seen the Head On commercials---annoying enough to give you a headache!!! But never tried the product...if it works it would be great for bandsters.

I second everything Pamela said Terry---you are an amazingly generous friend to have, and my mail lady better get on the ball!!!!

Tracy---let me ask you---when you talk about sneaking off and keeping it a secret---are you referring to just you and DF, say hitting the JP's office during the lunch hour and NO ONE else knowing? Do you think it will affect his desire to have the big wedding? I so understand where you are coming from. Insurance is such a scary thing to be without, and expensive for most of us. You know we will support you no matter what.... good luck in making such a monumental decision! And I worry about what to cook for supper!!!

Company---bbl

Kat

Morning hunny bunnies,

Still busy with the house. Work is also overwhelming too. I'm an accountant for a chain of carwashes and we're getting ready to build another one. The financing paperwork takes months and it's alot of work...

Josie - Sometimes when I babysit my cousins after they leave I am so grateful for my three dogs!! I love kids but in small doses!

Terry - Glad to hear you're still doing good! My boss quit smoking with Chantix and he would tell us his crazy dreams that he would have. (I also heard you get strong sexual urges?? Hmmm....)

Pamela - I know you were just relaying information but I felt the same way Donna felt when she read your post. I thought you were implying that people that get banded in Mexico are idiots for risking their lives to save a "few bucks". I know now that that was not the case... Thanks for clearing it up...

Tracy - Do what is smart. IF people ever find out they will understand because of your situation. In the future you will always Celebrate your anniversary on the day you celebrated with your family and friends.

Schexy - We miss you! How are you? Your babies ok?