Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ya'll, I have an appt to get my hair cut Saturday and I am a nervous wreck. I want a change to go with my changing bod, but I am scared to jump too far off the bridge with it. I have very thin hair and a very wide forehead. I used to always have bangs to cover my wide forehead, but as I get older it seems like my hairline is slipping back further & further like a balding old man, and quite frankly they would probably have to go halfway to my crown just to get enough bangs...that would sart to look like a comb-over do. NOT.

I like Terris' haircut...but am scared to go that short. Terri, is your hair thin or thick?

I don't really want to have to get up every morning and do the curling Iron thing because I don't have that much time anymore....

I guess I will just get them to layer the heck out of it to give the appearance of more hair...

Right now it is about shoulder length and practically all the same length so my hair looks flat and greasy every day even though I wash it. UGH!

then there is the problem of my roots are growing out...

OK, enough ranting....must be TOM coming out in me. EEEK!

Haydee - You are so beautiful. (violets -- she's even more beautiful in person than in her picture!) I like the pic in your signature too...leave it there! Well, carbs are a funny thing, y'know...there's good ones and bad ones. If you need to know about good/bad carbs, let me know and I'll give you a little lesson. If you only eat good carbs and keep them under 75g a day you're doing real well. The (old) food pyramid calls for something like 300g of carbs!! So you can see that 75 would be very good. Strict low carb diets limit them to 35-40g a day but that's very hard to do.

Tracy, my hair is pretty thick. It's also very straight. I wish you lived over here... I have a great new stylist. Over the years I've learned that you get what you pay for (usually) when it comes to haircuts.

TracyKS - I'm glad you're feeling better!! Yuck! so what are you gonna 'do' now?

Wonder What Judy is Doing now? ;)

Pamela - New day tomorrow?? How'd u do today? I'll let you know how I did in a minute...gotta go run over to www.dailyplate

Sara-- How you doin' quit buddy? I've been so cranky, but OK.

831 45g 142mg 2,223mg 53g 19g 7g 69g

Pamela - here's my counts for today:

calories 831

fat 45g

carbs 53g

Fiber 7g ;)

proteiin 69g

Yay! a good day!

Wow I had my most MAJOR sticking episode to date (& I thought a couple had been on the bad side before!)!!! It was stupid. I was stressed out over having to pay $700 for car maintenance today & I grabbed the box of low-fat Wheat Thins & just started to munch... why oh why does it feel so good to chew & chew & chew on salty crunchy things when stressed??... & it hit me before I knew it! Of course, dummy me, was running on old autopilot & didn't realize that those things when chewed & mixed w/saliva basically turn into paste... ugh! It hurt soooooo bad and I kept walking & jiggling & stretching to try to move it a bit & kept trying to do little burps & actualy big, fat tears ran down my face from the pain (I wasn't crying, they just fell!)... in reality, the major pain ended w/in 5 or so mins... but I'm still feeling the aftereffects. About 1/2 hour after I was at dd's pom practice & took a sip of Water & had to spit it out as it was going no where. Wow, what a lesson learned -- I hope!

So after that & still feeling stressed (the car is just on top of several other things that really are "just life" but when viewed all together just are yucky...) when dd & I returned home I called my friend & went to her house & did 20 mins on the elipitcal & 15 on the bike... I told her that it was that or try to avoid eating the remaining ice cream in my freezer! So at least I feel a bit good for channeling all that stress/emotion into a positive outcome rather than negative. Maybe I AM learning. Maybe.

Now it's time for bed. G'nite.

OUCH!!! My calorie intake today was ummm 1804 calories :help:

I think it's around that TOM (although I had a hysterectomy, I still have my ovaries), because ALL day I could not get satisfied and I felt hungry ALL DAY!

The good news is my Protein was 103 grams! Gotta look at the bright side of things somewhere! :speechles

I took out my bc ring and I feel much much better!

I had planned on fixing ground beef taco's

Tracy - do they have different doses of the b/c rings? Just a thought but maybe too strong now that you are melting away???

I got horribly sick from my b/c. Felt preg every day... no wonder why I couldn't tell the difference. LOL only kidding I so knew the difference. But don't have to worry about it anymore

Good night all, long night at work, got my butt to the gym right before I went in. Getting up with dd and going in the morning. I need to sleep at some point.

I talked to my contractor friend. i think he is on board with my idea. He is done with his job on Jan 31 which will be perfect time, I will do all his advertising - which will be advertising for me. I will have to work for a good year but hopefully that is it. I am going to make an appt with an employment agency in the am. I need a day job. UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ok, so why is it that when I gain, I gain it first in my gut and butt....however, when I lose weight, the first place I lose it is in my BOOBS~!!! The last place I lose it is in my gut and butt...anyone else have this problem???

TracyK, don't be nervous about your appointment on Saturday. Don't get it cut in too many layers though, it tends to make fine hair look thinner. I wouldn't get bangs, but have something cut around the face, and right above the shoulders, with light layering. This tends to be a very versatile cut. You can tuck behind ears if you want, wear it forward or back, you can even flip the bottom of the back up for a fancier look. You don't want it too long in back though, because then it would look like a bi-level or mullet.

I have been doing this for 21 years and love it, the relationship you build with customers is special. It really is important to develop a rapport with your hairdresser because that way it is easier for us to do our job, knowing your lifestyle, and such.

Jane

Janie-you are describing the cut I already have basically. It just look so flat on my scalp. Maybe its just me thinking that. I wish you could come cut my hair!! ;)

Terri-I have a really good place I go to get it done. Believe me, I know about the "you get what you pay for" thing. Believe me, been there, done that. I will probably just put myself in her hands...I trust her that much. Still nervous though. You know how it looks great when you walk out and then it never looks like that again!! LOL

Pamela-isn't it fun to buy clothes? I don't blame you one bit. It does us good to splurge on ourselves every so often!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Good Morning Violets~

Thanks so much for listing what you eat. I totally blew it yesterday:faint:. I am an emotional eater and am sooooo stressed right now, I couldn't stop myself. And oddly, I felt I had no restriction. I got totally stuck on turkey but the 100 cal snack chips go down fine (won't confess how many bags I ate). I have to have a long talk w/ myself. WTF am I doing??? I took today off from the gym on purpose. I am soooo sore from the gym the last 2 days.

The house is a mess too. I actually have crap I bought sitting in the dinning room in the Walmart bags. Susanne will be here tonight or tomorrow (not sure yet). I have to clean up and clean up fast.

I was able to take all the tags off, and sneak the new clothes into exsisting lot. Of course, she is not the "boss of me", but she complains about how many clothes I have and that I don't need more during the transition phase. I'll let you know if I get away w/ this, lol.

Today is the first day of work:faint:. I have training from 8-3:30 for middle school, and then from 5-8:30 for the junior college. You all thought kids hated going back to school, you should get the teachers opinions! I love my job and this year I am teaching English Lang. Dev. AND an intensive math and science block for low 6th graders. I am excited about that. I have taught ELD for 5 years, and this will be the first year I will have what we call "regular education" kids...and I love teaching science.

Have a great day everyone!