Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

ok so i just showered before real work. I had to weigh myself. I almost fell on the floor, only 219 and my 218 is usually first thing in the am. I'll take that. Still doing liquid for a few days to drop down to 210 maybe and hold that for a week or 2 before I do it again.

Well, off to the gym, pay my cable bill and then to work. Have a great afternoon all

Also, I noticed a pattern in my eating, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

If I eat food in the morning (b'fast), I will be hungry all day. For example, if I eat a yogurt or piece of toast at 9am, by 11am I am starving for lunch, by 2pm I'm ready for another meal, by dinner I am starving again, and after dinner I want to snack till bedtime.

But, if I skip b'fast.. I'm not hungry till well past lunchtime. And when I eat, I don't want a lot.. and then I'm not hungry again till dinner, and then I have my snack cravings till bedtime.

But if I eat b'fast, I eat a lot more throughout the day! WHY?! I know I'm suppose to eat b'fast, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. This is frustrating, what do you guys think I should do??

For those of you having trouble being hungry because of Breakfast, please take it from me...I've been regulating my blood sugar and related hunger for 30 years and the reason you are getting hungry is:

1) You are eating too many carbs 1st thing in the morning.

2) Starting off with a carby breakfast will set you up for extra hunger for the rest of the day, stimulates more carb cravings which will then result in the vicious hunger cycle. This is why we're told Protein PROTEIN PROTEIN!!

I looked at Haydee's breakfast as an example

Amount per ServingCalories 185

Calories from Fat 65

Total Fat 8g

Carbohydrate 24g

Dietary Fiber 4g

Sugars 15g

Protein 4

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat 38.9% Carbs 51.9% Protein 8.6%

You should be shooting for about 20g of protein at every meal...and you see this doesn't come close. 24g of carbs and 15g of sugar would do me in for the morning. For 'normal' people it merely makes them hungry! See? I regulate my hunger with protein and I'm not a big fan of "low fat" anything...fat helps the protein stay with me longer and prolongs hunger. Carbs? Yeah, I'm afraid of those!

My breakfast had 17g protein, 8g fat and 16g of carbs, 2g fiber. (Cottage cheese 4%fat, raspberries, & a bit of granola for fiber). I ate at 8:00a, and I'm just now eating lunch at 1:22p, with little hunger in between.

Just food for thought! :mad:

I don't know what has gotten into me today..........

I feel nautious......... I don't know if my cottage cheese and blueberries were bad or what but ........... I went home at lunch and laid on my bed.. ate a few whole grain crackers and seemed to feel better.. so I ate more crackers........ but as soon as I quit eating.. the nausau comes back....... so now i've almost eaten the ENTIRE box........... over half for sure! and I still feel like I need to lay down........... I'm trying to wrack my brain to figure this out......

1. only had about 30 ozs of Water today so far

2. put in my birth control ring on Saturday and maybe its kicking in now (never remember it doing this to me before though) I think I'm going to take it out

I feel like crap and I've totally blown it on the carbs today....... 17 crackers is one serving.. I've had at LEAST 4-5 servings as the box holds 8

Hmm let me think....yesterday I ate:

Slimfast (chocolate) Low Carb for breakfast 190 Cal

Snack-1/2 banana 50 cal approx

Lunch-salisbury steak & 1 or 2 bites of the mashed potatoes 230 calories

Dinner-1C Honey bunches of oats Cereal 1/2 cup 2% milk 220 calories

This is pretty much the same thing I have every day, maybe just in a different order with a different kind of meat

<p>I just took out my "ring" and it's most likely in my head, but I feel a bit better.......</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm going to count the crackers I have left so that I know exactly how much I ate earlier.....</p>

OK....

I ate 60 crackers out of approx 136.....

My calories: 495

My carbs: 77.7

My protein: 10.6

I guess it is not as bad as it could of been! Well except for my carbs.. I try to keep them low

Hope your nausea is better Tracy. This is going to sound really wierd, but was your stomach rolling, or was the gagging more from the throat? I once ate something that I thought must have been bad, because I got sick at my stomach from it, and it only eased if I slowly sipped or snacked. In the end, I think I was actually over full, and it was from the esophagus area, and I was feeling the nausea from that. When I caught the stomach virus from Kinsey the feeling was totally different, it was low in the stomach itself, and I was on the verge of vomiting before I even knew what hit me! Hope you feel much better!!!

I too like Househuntress really try to get my meals is with mostly Protein, followed with veggies, and only a few nibbles of the carbs, mostly for flavor enhancement!

Breakfast has almost always hit me that way! I often will snack for breakfast on a leftover piece of sausage or something of that nature. My DH loves sausage, he likes it hot with breakfast, and cold for snacking, so I keep some cooked up, and it is one of the stand bys I use for breakfast or a quick snack. I don't overdo it, because I know there are tons of nitrates, and it is not the best for me! But my cholesterol is down again! Each time I donate blood now they do a cholesterol test, and I can check it online. My Dr. is going to be so happy!!! I had popped over 200 pre banding...now it is down 70 points with no drugs! My usual for breakfast is yogurt---with some granola stirred in.

My days have been kinda crazy with all the work we have been doing we have been eating out a lot!!!

Yesterday lets see....

BREAKFAST--yogurt--black cherry with granola I ate about 2/3 of the container with about 1/4 cup if that much granola---DH finished it for me!

SNACK--a couple of bites of a nectarine while we loaded wood, it didn't feel like it wanted to go down, so I didn't push it.

LUNCH--2 taquitas with salsa

SNACK--handful of roasted smoked almonds. I know the sodium is out of this world---but they were good!!!!

SUPPER--we went to Chilis---I had the childrens chicken crispers and loaded mashed potatoes. I ate 1 1/2 strips of chicken with ranch dressing, and about 3 bites of the potatoes. I heated the leftovers for lunch today and Kinsey and I shared them!

For breakfast this morning I had a scrambled egg with green chile, and cheese. The leftovers for lunch, I snacked on half a banana, and some cubed cheddar cheese. I have a couple of rib eyes we are grilling tonight. I will cook some new potatoes, and will likely have some mushrooms to go over the steaks. I can usually avoid the potatoes, but these little new ones from my inlaws garden, may be hard to say no to!!!

I also drink tons---lots of tea. I brew my own using decaffeinated tea bags, and sweeten it with sweet & low. I know it isn't the best for me either---but since it is my biggest vice at this point, I am not ready to change!!! When I don't drink enough, I don't lose a thing! I need to weigh---I have not done so in several days---will check it in the morning. I have sore muscles, in my case, that usually means, I will be up a pound or 2, from Fluid retention in the muscles, and believe me I have used muscles lately I never knew I had!!!

I know I told Rick next vacation we leave town!!! It sounds weird because it was tons of work, but I really enjoy working with him that way, it keeps us close.

Well my laundry needs changed out, I have enough dirty clothes to cloth a small nation. But I had a NSV this morning sorting clothes, I picked up a shirt and wondered when my DD left it there, and as I turned it right side out, I realized it was my shirt---I just wore it 2 days ago! It looked so small, I never thought for a second it was mine!!! woohooo it is! And I just wore it so I know it fits me!!! LOVE it!!!

TTYL

Kat

I usually do better, but this week is not a good example!!!

Terri- You think eating more Protein less carbs will help?

At the hotel yesterday I had 2 eggs and 1 piece of sausage for b'fast... I was still in the hungry all day pattern.

Typically though, my b'fasts are yogurt, toast, or a banana all of which are carby.

Terri- You think eating more Protein less carbs will help?

At the hotel yesterday I had 2 eggs and 1 piece of sausage for b'fast... I was still in the hungry all day pattern.

Typically though, my b'fasts are yogurt, toast, or a banana all of which are carby.

Well, that's the best I can suggest anyway. Why don't you give it a try? If you're hungry at 10:30a or so, eat a small piece of cheese or a few almonds, rather than anything carby. Keep Snacks small...a little goes a long way. I think if you keep the carbs low, especially in the morning, you may start to notice a difference.

Hi all. I was trying to change my avatar but I ended up putting my pic on my signature line. I can't figure out where to change my avatar. I'm sure there is a big ol flashing red button that says CHANGE AVATAR PIC and I'm just missing it.

Terri - You're right! I hadn't noticed that on the days that I eat alot of carbs are the days I'm always looking to munch on stuff. I wasn't even keeping up with carbs. All I've been keeping up with is calories and Protein. I'm happy if my calories are at 1200 and my protein is at 70. I'll have to start checking my carbs. How many should I be trying to stay under?

Also today I had cottage cheese with strawberries for breakfast and I noticed that I didn't really get hungry until 1pm. I'm going to monitor my intake more and see how I feel...

(No wonder when I used to eat chinese food I would get so hungry a short time later. All the rice and noodles!! Ha!)

Kat - yesterday I was doing laundry and I usually lay out my jeans on my couch so that they can air-dry. When I walked past them later on that day I thought that they were my little sisters pants. I'm so used to seeing this humungous pair of jeans and those just look normal. I sat there in the living room all by myself with this huge smile on my face!

Haydee---go to the user CP...there is a edit avatar there---click in the appropriate circle, then go to the bottom of the page, where you can browse in your documents or pictures or wherever and download the one you want for the avatar.

Wow---yay us---skinny jeans and shirts!!!!!

Speaking of which....Pamela---please don't take this the wrong way, but if you EVER call me a skinny bitch again, I am going to march that skinny butt right straight to CA and kiss you!!!!! I am being dissed for being skinny???? I LOVE it!!!!

Kat

Okay, thanks Kat. I found where to change it. I kinda like my picture by my signature now, though. I might leave it there and change my avatar pic to something else...

Hey Ladies~

I just went shopping...omg...spent way toooo much! I am going to cut off the tags and sneak them into my closet. Susanne would kill me if she knew what I did today. I spent 400 on clothes...and they are...size 22/24!!!!!!!!!! I just went crazy because everything fit and I looked cute. I was going to pick up a few pieces at this size to get me by. I am totally crazy!

Kat~ I had to LOL on your comment! I said it to all of you w/ the greatest amount of love:clap2:and adoration!!!

Terri~ (kneels and bows to you) WOOHOO...you made so much since to me. Again, this is shit I know and know to do, but why don't I?????????? The million dollar question. I read and re-read your post. I know I am not trying hard enough. Except for the workouts, I am not working the band. Your post was awesome...thanks. Now, I only need to remember them. Self sabotage anyone?

Gonna go snip tags and intermingle clothes, lol.