Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

hi terri

lifetime fitness....i'm quite liking it these days...

yes i am only steping on the scale 1-2 times a month. i think the exercise is really kicking up (or kicking down) my numbers....

it's really a "kill yourself type of day" in houston...wow

hey haydee, right now i'm doing classes. i was working with a trainer but i got bored. i'm doing total conditioning and i find this makes me toned...

and for cardio i'm doing the lickbox and spin

hey haydee, right now i'm doing classes. i was working with a trainer but i got bored. i'm doing total conditioning and i find this makes me toned...

and for cardio i'm doing the lickbox and spin

Hmmmm....the lickbox. Interesting.

My trainer is moving to Lifetime...over on the North side, in Champions area. I wonder if all their trainers are ACE certified? They pay their trainers almost 3x what LA Fitness does. Obviously they value them! I like LA Fitness for the machines, pool, R-ball courts, etc....but they don't deliver on a lot of their promises made at the outset. Yuck.

Michelle....darling. It's time for a fill. You'll be good as gold later on. You can't drop all that weight and then expect it to keep going at that pace. You're obviously going to be one who drops in "chunks". That's what I'm telling myself I am doing too. :) It is what it is and we just have to keep moving in the same direction: forward. We'll get there! Look at Kat!!

Hey, WHERE is Kat???

ha....i guess you're wondering how lickboxing goes

Now lickboxing might be an activity I could get into! hmmmmmmm...

Losing in chunks... a lovely visual... me walking along w/chunks falling off as I go... lol! :)

Trust me, if there's a long, hard way to do this, that's the way my bod will go!

Haydee-Yes, I am watching the storm very closely. I work in Galveston & live about 15 miles north of there. Congrats on the house :Banane20:

Lickboxing...my kind of exercise!! Where do I sign up? :)

I am a chunk loser too. Nothing for days & days, then whoooooosh!!

Well, as long as it doesn't have anything to do with corrugated cardboard I'm willing to give it a whirl.

Just when I think I got this weightloss thing figured out, someone throws a monkey wrench into the mix.

My trainer and I were talking, rather I was complaining that I wasn't losing weight like I thought I should and he reminded me that I had started using weights and that I might not see a any weight loss and might even gain a few pounds as muscle weighs more than fat. (We have this conversation every other week.) and he reminds me that 140 lbs of fat is a lot bigger than 140 lbs of muscle and not to worry. Well, today we talked about BMI...Told me that you can't go by the BMI because it doesn't factor in the muscle weight. So he pulls out this scale that uses electric current that tells you exactly what your fat/mass is and I nearly fainted. My body is 51.2 % 'FAT'. That didn't make me feel good at all. But on the other hand a person could be at goal weight and still have a very high fat because there is less muscle and more fat.

Then he Andy told me to back away for the scales for 2 months and he will see exactly how much fat Ive loss in October. I'm to only weigh if it's manditory by the dr.

Now talk about depressing even though it makes sense. I am allowed to measure myself all day long if I want to, so I will direct my addictive behavior to my tape measure. He said inches really tell the truth!

Good Morning, Violets..

Well, I painted for about 6 hours yesterday. Got all the railings primed and 90% has one coat of paint on. I have Ethan all day today so no painting, but tomorrow is the dedicated "get'er done" day.

Jennifer...... As far as the BMI... I have one of those scales and you cannot go by that BMI figure!!!!!! My DSIL, who is a Physician's Assistant, says that the ONLY accurate way to measure BMI is underwater. If you use any online chart to calculate your BMI, it will most definitely be less than what that scale says. According to that scale my BMI was 50 before I was banded, but according to all the calculations from the doctor's office it was 39.

But i do agree with him about the scale. We really have to step away from it and only use it once a week maximum. Otherwise you are basing your life on it and we have lots and lots of better things to do with our time now!!

There.. end of sermon.:)

Everyone have a great day. I'm off to fix cottage cheese and pineapple (ran out of blueberries) for Breakfast and then wait for Ethan to arrive.

Remember..... WWJD???!!!

Big Brother went exactly as I wished it would on last nights episode, so today I am a happy camper :) YES, I am a BB nerd, but proud of it. lol

Well, TOM is rapidly approaching so I am going to try to beat myself away from the scales because I know it would only be depressing.

TGIF!!! Everyone have a great one!

good morning....up early today...dont know why...i feel pretty good. i find i am needing less sleep as i lose weight. also because i'm not eating sugar like i did in past.

i am having a BBQ this weekend for the people at the kennel i use. they take such good care of my babies....

as i'm writing this...dr spivak's commercial came on.

i was talking to my NY therapist yesterday and told him if he had any patients struggling as he saw me struggle with weight, to highly recommend the lap band. it really is helping me to stay on track when i lose my resolve. (and i used to lose my resolve often)

tracyK: i watched the 1st 2 season's of BB and loved it. i'm not sure why i stopped. i guess i'll start next time.

judy: i saw your pics on before/after thread....you look great. also from your working out...your skin is really coming in nice. you definitely are inspirational.

ms jen: after obsessing about the numbers....about 6 weeks ago i stopped weighing every day. i dont know why but weighing constantly really messed up my food and exercise if i didnt like what the scale said. i allow myself to step on the scale the 1st of the month and 1 other time mid-month. since then i am losing more consistently and i am focusing on make sure i do what i'm supposed to do each day. i dont know why it works but your trainer knows what he/she is talking about.

terri: see what you started??: heh:

janiebug and mdrai: in NY i had a kickboxing trainer who had a butt like cantaloupes. i was thinking if he did have a "Lickboxing" class.....i'd be front and center ha!

gotta go walk the dawgs!

have a great day

Morning violets

well I survived the gym yesterday - and getting ready to go again today. My foot is killing me from squeezing it in my shoes but other than that it felt great.

TracyK - Yup... my turn too, I'm staying away from the scale too, I was still 217 today but I'm sure that is going to change. I took measurements this morning and have not logged them, I am about at a 44inch loss since april. Who can complain there.

My mom and I had a nice night last night, the first one where we just hung out since she moved back to NY. We rented Music & Lyrics. It was a very cute movie.

Well I guess now that I think about it I can laugh a little, but I guess it makes more sense that I was hyperventelating the other day... ya know with TOM and all. it is funny because I notice that I am not needing as much sleep and that it more regulated and I am much more emotional as I loose weight.

well ... off to the gym and to apply for a few jobs.......

Good morning, Violets~~

That's interesting... I find that I am waking up earlier as well, but feeling rested when I do... I wondered whether it had anything to do w/the wt loss/better nutrition... of course, today when I awoke @ 5 I managed to "force" myself to lay in bed 'til 7:30! :)

Another busy day... make it a great one!

PS -- What happened on BB? Did Evil Dick get the boot? I hope so... I hate that guy... and his sniveling daughter, too!

Interesting topic this morning, Girliez. Friday is the day where I 'officially' record my weight for the week. Today AGAIN it was 190. That's 4 weeks in a row. :) Sorry, but there is NO freakin' way I can weigh less often than once/day...I have to adjust my attitude some other way. MsJen, my BF% monitor thingy is 12 points higher than the charts, too. Ok, so I look at it this way: "Oh well!" I mean, look...I'm getting a minimum of a 1000 calorie deficit every day and I'm working out at a reasonable level. This is THE prescription for losing weight and better health regardless of what the scale says. There is no other prescription! SO, I will just keep doing what I'm doing and TRUST that I'm not some freak of nature...and IN TIME the results will come. PATIENCE and TRUST....oh yeah, and regular fills. LOL! Got one scheduled for Wednesday!

Josie - That is incredibly sweet of you to entertain the staff from your kennel!! Wow! Your babies will be ensured of royal treatment if you keep that up! Does a girl from NY know how to properly BBQ??? :) Hey, wanna have lunch next week?

I'm going swimming on my lunch break today to see how that works out as far as timing. If I do weights or cardio I keep sweating long after my shower and it's gross getting re-dressed & putting on makeup. I'm going to try swimming to see if that cuts down on the sweating. It should!