Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning! How is everyone today? A beautiful morning here in Houston but it's supposed to rain for the rest of the day. Right now the sun is shining so that means that it's probably about 98 degrees with 100 % humidity!

I'm scheduled to close on my house today, hopefully no more hang ups. I'm ready to move!

I've got tons of work today, the 15th of the month is when we pay all our bills. Chat more later....

Good Morning, Violets...

I had a great day yesterday shopping with DD. She bought tons of stuff and I bought a few things. I got a cute little (can't believe I'm actually using those terms!!!) sweater from CJ Banks in a size 14W. It's the smallest size they carry in that store. When I go down one more size I can shop at their regular store.. Christopher Banks! YIPPEEEEE!!

I got a skort on sale at Kohls for $7.00 and some shirts and a skirt from Penneys. That's all I need right now until I go down another size or two. I pulled out some dresses I have been saving that were too small and I guess I waited too long cause they are all ginormous on me now.. arghhhhhhh

I'm headed out to do my volunteer work at the hospital and then I have Ethan the rest of the day. DD is coming over tomorrow to spend the day with me. If Ethan is here she'll watch him while I finish painting the railing and if he isn't here, she'll help me paint. One way or another I have to get it done before the choir party on the 26th! And we leave on the 20th for Disney World for 6 days!!

Everyone have a great day and remember..... WWJD??!! (She did very well yesterday with her eating cause the pressure is on with everyone repeating the WWJD mantra!!!)

Hey ladies!

I just wanted to share this e-mail I got today. I had some laughs :confused:

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered herAltitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot airBalloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican.""I am," replied the man. "How did you know?""Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technicallyCorrect, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat.""I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?""Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault."

Laura~

Thanks for the giggles...I am like the woman in the balloon, but I can appreciate a good joke!

Judy! You're almost out of the plus sizes! Woo hoo!!! I can't wait till the day that happens to me. I can fit into a XL top from the regular department but I am still wearing plus size bottoms.

Umm by the way, Peanut Butter and cottage cheese don't go so well together. I ran out of fruit this morning and all I had was Peanut Butter so I mixed some in. The textures don't go well together.

Be back later...

Umm by the way, Peanut Butter and cottage cheese don't go so well together. I ran out of fruit this morning and all I had was Peanut Butter so I mixed some in. The textures don't go well together....

EW!!!! :confused: I keep canned fruit on hand for just such emergencies! But hey, you got your Protein in, that's for sure! LOL

Good luck today on the house! ....Thinking of you!

HI JOSIE!!!

You know what just occurred to me? ( Go ahead, guess!) :confused:

Seriously, though. It just occurred to me that if/when I really ever reach my REAL goal of 150 that I will just sit down and cry. They will be the tears that have been pent up in me for 40 years. And it will be a good day.

Haydee.. ewwwwwwwwwww on the peanut butter!!! What da heck were you thinking????

Terry....I was thinking this morning that I am definitely going to go for the big goal and work for -100#. That' would put me at 133 and I don't think that will be too thin. I know the last 50# will be a lot tougher to lose than the first 50, but I'm up for the challenge.

I did my hospital shift this morning and I haven't been there in 3 weeks. I got LOTS of compliments on my outfit and how good I looked and even the color of my hair. There is a lady at the hospital who got her band in at the end of June I believe and she's lost 22# so we chat a bit each time I go in. She said she has PB'd a lot. Thank goodness I have never had that, but I HAVE had the uncomfortable feeling when I eat too fast.

Ethan has arrived and it's time to do the Grammy thing. Everyone have a great day!!!

Good Morning Violets~

I can honestly say that I am looking forward to going back to work. Even though I have 3 jobs :faint:(sorry Jenn), I am looking forward to the regularity of life. I can committ to this band thing, lol. I need another fill in the next couple of weeks (depending on my schedule). Anyway, it has been a great productive summer w/ lots of home projects and lots of vacations...but I am ready to go back to normal. (Remind me I said this in Feb. when I am freaking out and cursing my job).

Tomorrow, I am going to the beach for 4 days. Susanne lives at the beach. We have Dodgers tickets for Saturday night, and then just relax a bit.

Have a great couple of days everyone.

xoxoxo

Ohhhhh the beach sounds nice Pam......but are you really looking forward to going back to work?? (I wil remind ya in a few months time :blush: ) lol.

chica chula, I'll give the Peanut Butter and cottage cheese a miss, lol. Judy your clothes shopping sounded great, and getting into smaller sizes must feel wonderful, I cant wait till I lose 50lbs, maybe when I do I'll go shopping for a new outfit, its goning to take me a while to get there though.

Ive been a bit down today, time of the month I guess, but with my career direction too, I wont go into it, but I think a new broom will sweep clean as they say. I had an interview on Tuesday, theyve asked me to go back at the end of the month, to see someone else, but the company HQ is in London (2.5hrs away by train, right next to Oxford street, the heart of shopping land in London!!). We'll see............

I should have done a workout tonight, Ive done 5 on the trot, so Im having tonight off, it would make my tummy ache better probably, but I feel like I need hibernating tonight under a quilt.

Take care

Sara xxxxxx

Pamela - Be careful what you wish for!

Sara - Sorry you're not feeling so good :blush: I don't miss those days, but I do still like to hunker down under a nice quilt!!...any excuse will do. Hope you feel better. HQ in the heart of London, eh? That'll be a fun trip. Why don't you take a day off to do some shopping while you're there? Buy a wonderful indulgent purse! You deserve it!

Denise - Just wanted you to know that I was just funnin' you about the exercise thing. What kind of Nazi would I be if I didn't? I certainly understand about not having the time. That's a hard one to get around. Walk Away The Pounds is a good at-home video...not too strenuous...maybe just the lift you need. Do take care of yourself.

J

You know what just occurred to me? ( Go ahead, guess!) :blush:

Seriously, though. It just occurred to me that if/when I really ever reach my REAL goal of 150 that I will just sit down and cry. They will be the tears that have been pent up in me for 40 years. And it will be a good day.

Terri-I know what you mean. What a great day that will be!

Right now my goal is 165 because that is the lowest adult weight I have ever been to. That was 12 years ago when I had lost from 325 to 163. Back then if you would have told me I would gain back up to 276 I would have called you a liar!! But, it happened and I am just very glad that I did not gain all of it back. I will have many tears of joy to see 165 again! By the way, love the new avatar pic!!

Pam-take it from me...don't wish your days off away!! I will remind you what you said too!! Enjoy the dodger game!!

Chica-good luck with the closing!

Judy-If anyone can meet a goal like that, you can and we are all behind you!

Jenn-just remember the things that you are going through are just temporary. One day soon, all of this will just be a memory.

Everyone else, hello and have a great evening!! I am going to put my feet up for a while:bored