Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ok, ready to hyperventilate here, I sent Terry my pics!!! Before they get posted, I was NOT drunk in the before, I truly hated my picture being taken and DH insisted on it before we could leave for the airport for me to go get banded, so it is 3 AM---and I am mad as hell!!! I hated my picture being taken, I hated me for how I had become, it was not a great time of my life, and I was so scared that morning, that I was spending all of this money, and going to do something else that wouldn't work. He kept reminding me of how much research we had done, and that it would work, and I would want the befores to put on the site....Of course he was right, and I needed them to look back to the horrors of what was, but it is kinda nice to not be deathly afraid of the camera now! Not that I love it...but I don't mind so much taking pictures with family & friends, and when I get the pictures to look at, I see us all, I see the good time we were having, I don't just see how huge I am---that was all I could see before. I look back and realize how few pictures I have holding my grandchildren as tiny babies...kinda sad. But in reality, even the ones I do have, I still despise! I only kept them on the camera because the babies are in them, and I cannot bring myself to destroy their picture! But boy the digital camera and its ability to erase pictures was this fat girls friend!!!

Thank you in advance Terry.....hey can you photoshop out my wrinkles???? j/k---I earned them!

Kat

Good afternoon, Violets.

Had my weigh in this morning and I'm down 4# from last week so I'm thrilled. I played in a flute duet for the early service today and sang a solo in the later service. Everything went beautifully and I got soooooo many compliments on how much weight I've lost. It was so good seeing a friend that I had not seen in 6 months and have her gushing over my transformation. Soooo many NSV's today!!

We went out for brunch and there was only a buffet, but I was ok. Just had some scrambled eggs, 2 sausage links and some fruit.. AND I got to talk lapband to lots of people who were asking how DH and I had lost the weight. I find it really fun to be able to talk about the band and answer questions. I feel like an expert on it even though it's only been 4 months.

I'm going to go take a nap now since i got up at 6 this morning. I'll hit the pool and do some biking (YIKES!) this evening. Gotta get back on and conquer the fear of falling again.

CAN'T WAIT to see your pics, Kat!!!!!

Everyone have a great afternoon..

hello all

well, I just updated my cardio. I always count Sat night at work - that is the only night. I am working 4 ovens, sweating my butt off, stretching and lifting. I also count lawn mowing which I just got done doing. 2hrs which included weed wacking. My gym counts lawn mowing and I log my sat night as general aerobics. I am sure I could count more time there but sat is the one I actually "work out"

I am going to get ready for work - tomorrow is the co picnic here at my house. it is all so nice and clean, yard looks good, so happy, i got more done in the last 4 months than I have in the last 4 years.

Thank you Band....

Judy - 4lbs. you are awesome. I am stuck, can't wait for a normal job so I can stop being bloated and working in the heat.

Take a look at this HAWT CHICK!! Kat...... You are so beautiful!!!!!

(Your new avatar is the last one! Nice improvement!)

post-213702-13813135373762_thumb.jpg

post-213702-13813135374354_thumb.jpg

post-213702-13813135374568_thumb.jpg

Wow---that's a big me!!! Thank you Terry! I changed my avatar!

I still don't see the changes in the last 50 like I did the first 50---but I am just glad it is gone. When the belly goes away I'll be even happier!!!

People seeing these has my heart pounding!!!

Thank you again!

Kat

Wow!!!!!! Kat you are simply STUNNING!!!!!!!! You look years younger!!! Gee I hope I look that good once Ive lost a 100lbs! Wowsers!!!!!!!!

Judy fantastic weight loss this week, I sure hope I can keep losing too, and good on you for getting back on the bike again after the fall.

Hi Michelle, good to see you again, I know what you mean about the big waves, I got knocked down serveral times in the sea in Mexico, goodness knows what I swallowed in all the sea Water?

Had a wonderful day today, daves work colleages came over for lunch, they are lovely people, and it really cheered Dave up.

Ta Ta for now

Sara xxxxxx

Thanks Sara--you are too sweet!

I don't know if any of you are into affordable, sterling silver jewelry...I am. I am extremely rough on jewelry with the farm work, and kids. Add to that the change in size the last year or so, but I have been buying from this company---and spent too much today already!!! I don't have stock in it or anything, thought you might find some things to enjoy while your sizes change, without it costing an arm and a leg. Each item is $5.99. They claim it to be free and the $5.99 to be shipping---whatever it is, it all costs the same $5.99. They show 4 items at a time, and they change every 15 minutes, staggered, and depending on whether one sells out or not. Keep in mind most of the necklaces, it is just the pendant, no chain unless you order the sterling chain.

I love buying it for my nieces---I keep a stash on hand for their visits, and have begun buying some for Lindzie.

The website is Free sterling silver jewelry. Free offers from SilverJewelryClub.com

Don't blame me if your 6 bucks each add up as quickly as mine do!!!

Kat

Kat....OMG how AWESOME you look!! I am so happy for you. You are such an inspiration!!

Well everyone, I did it!! I got in my little bathing suit and you should have seen the surprised looks I got!! My 2 oldest nieces (20 & 23 years old and absolutely gorgeous) were watching me strip off my clothes and they were trying not to stare. I just said, "This time last year you would have not caught me dead in a bathing suit." They were all smiles and complimenting me. I could tell by their smiles how happy they were. I can't believe that I am actually crying as I type this. Anyway, when they were younger, I was just a watcher instead of a participator. They have never seen me in a pool much less with a bathing suit on. I think they were happier than I was and I can't tell you how great that makes me feel. It made me realize 2 things. #1..how much I have missed out on, but more importantly #2, the things I will not miss out on anymore. As for the party...it was fantastic other than being 100 degrees and humid. Macy hit the motherload on presents.

Everyone have a great evening!!

KAT!!! YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for getting those pics to Terry to be posted. It's a huge inspiration to see them! You have done such an amazing job with your weight. Your avatar pic is fantastic!!! You're a whole new you! (am I gushing, here??) I need to cause you do, do, DO look great!!!:clap2::clap2::whoo::whoo:

TracyK....you go girl!!! See, we didn't steer you wrong. You DO look great in the bathing suit... now go out and buy a sexier one!! ;)

Jennifur...Do you take a Water pill?? I take one 2X a week and they really make a difference with me. DH has gained 4# this week and is getting frustrated, but I pointed out to him that he's not sticking to small portions and he hasn't had a water pill in awhile as we are waiting for his meds to come in the mail, so he took one of mine today and he says he's been peeing every hour. That just shows he needed it!

DH is off to hit some balls at the driving range and I'm going to fix some dinner. Then we'll hit the highway on our bikes. I'll hit the pool when we get back from that.

Catch everyone later.

But you won't LITERALLY be hitting the highway, right??

Househuntress- I talked to you a while back ( around the 1st of july) well i have had my surgery w/ dr. carter on the 24th of july. what I was wondering is why he waits 90 days for a fill. They are not scheduling me for my first fill till end of oct. I am so hungery i dont want to wait that long. I figured I might call him tomarrow but i dont want to be a bug..

Hey Violets~

We are home...what an amazing trip. Kat...you look amazing...woohoo...your smile looks sooo much brighter. I have not read the pages and pages of posts, but wanted to say hi and let you all know I am back.

I met OhJuli (banded in March) in Provincetown! It was really fun. She and Terry are working on the Vegas trip in January...and we are soooo in.

I had my first PB on vacation. It was sooo not pretty. I was by the pool, and I was eating 2 deli meat and cheese roll ups (it was 4pm and I hadn't eaten since Cereal in the morning...feeling pretty good about that) then something stuck...and stuck hard. I had to walk away from the pool, and I was holding onto the side of the house and to my right breast w/ the other hand (the pain was unfreaking real)...then a quick vomit...and AAAAHHHHH I was all better. I was no longer hungry, but I was A-OK!

That was so weird. But at least my first time is over. I was wondering earlier that day if I'd ever have one. I've been stuck a few times since the last fill. Man o man...I can go another lifetime before I want to feel that again.

We rented bikes and walked EVERYWHERE on our trip. I exercised more there than at the gym. I feel great, my ass feels tighter, and I don't know what the scale says...I know I lost something (weight or inches...either one, I'll take it).

I honestly missed you all. I hopefully will get through the posts. Did I miss anything big??? I'll post the pix of Juli and I later. I hope you all are doing great!

Back in a bit!

xoxoxo

Judy – wowser! You have had tremendous results – congrat’s to you! Looking forward to your next set of success pictures!

Laura – Enjoy the jeans while they fit --- with your continued success they will become baggy – whooohoooo!!!! Hope you had fun at Chunk-E-Chz.

Terry – I have been there – what a wonderful thread you have started!

Kat – I love your new picture/avatar! Great job – thanks for providing so much inspiration to me!

Sara – I will continue to keep Dave in my prayers. Great news your band is working!

TracyK – Happy Birthday to your DD.

Jenn – hope it works out for you on the job front!

Judy – my DH and I stopped by Conte’s to look at your bike – he fell in love with a 3 wheeler – and of course purchased. They didn’t have your in stock—

We pick it up Tuesday! I get a fill – hopefully Thursday – so I am really praying I will get out of this slump I have been in for the past month.

3 wheels should ensure I don’t fall off. LOL.

I will have to continue catching up tomorrow -- have a good night all!

Gina

hey hey hey all...

I'm home from work, just painted my toes, brown with white butterflies today. They have been blue for so long I thought i would mix it up. LOL

I have a super busy day tomorrow, hitting the gym, job stuff and then lots of people over. what fun

Kat- you look so amazing... and so happy. what an inspiration you are.

TracyK - see... told ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well... off to bed... so very tired.

oh ... pamela, so nice to have you back, can't wait for pics.