Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Bandedme

LOL that is total loss, since surgery it has only been 40lbs and now I'm gaining. I just changed my diet, uped to 1400 cals a day, but I'm sure I'm not getting that.

As for the loss, mine just started about a month ago and I don't know how long it last, mine has slowed way down and i have a ton of new growth, but I think what didn't fall out is just breaking off as it grows. The new growth is very strong and I don't seem to be loosing that, only the old where there is a gap.

I just got some herbal essence Shampoo in the bright green bottle, it is fortifying, lenghten and strengthen I hear great things about that from my friends with long hair that were loosing a ton

YOU ASKED FOR THEM!

ring1.jpg

and this one I almost wrecked trying to take a camera pic while driving! ;) BAD TRACY!!!!!!

ring2.jpg

The word is out now at work.... the NUNS are so HAPPY! :car:

Banded ME: 51lbs WOW!!!!!!!!! I've heard that less then 64 oz's of protien will do it.

Laura: I am a HORRIBLE RSVP'r so I can't complain if people do the same for me. :) We are planning for around 75......... could be 15 could be 150.......... trying NOT to sweat it. 1 keg and the rest of the booze is BYOB............. Cake will be for 75. I am WISHING that I could do the service on the deck, but it is MARCH in KS/MO who the heck knows what the weather will be.............. I am going to attempt to make our own invites (incorporating our bikes) and then have them run off at a printers.. and I told DF (see I used it ) that I would only order 1 kind personalized favor........ I'm SUCH a GIRL now. I guess I was more excited than I had thought.........

Terry: where are the pics from last night?????????

off to refil my Water

WWJD

grrrrr... just lost whole post... don't have time to re-write it... just know I am alive & will check back tomorrow... grrrrrrr

Tracy---beautiful rings!!!! They suit you!!! My original wedding band is a marquise cut. I am almost ready to have them sized....but since he bought me the new one...and I like it so well, I am going to do my best to get to my goal, or where I feel happy, then have it sized. As it is I have gone from a size 10 ring to a size 7.5, figure that will be about it, maybe a 7. You picked a beautiful set!!!!

Tracy---I fully understand, my DD was a bit of a surprise as well. I had miscarried prior to her, and had some complications following the D&C they did, and I was told future pregnancies would be unlikely....NOT! I think as I have said to so many, that you girls doing this surgery now, so you can be active parts of your kids lives, and be out enjoying your own, setting good examples for them is awesome! I wish the opportunity had been there for me, I too would have jumped at the chance!

bandedme---there are lots of theories about the Hair loss, I had it bad, I had it with other surgeries as well. So in my case I don't think it had a bit to do with Protein. Even during my clear liquid phase with the band, I did zero carb Isopure, which had 40 grams of protein per bottle, and I met my protein faithfully. My loss I believe is due to body stress, maybe something to do with the anesthetic---I am not sure. It began for me about 4-5 months out from surgery, and kept falling out, until about 4 months ago, and now, I lose hardly anything. My part got very wide, my scalp was easily seen....it was serious loss. My hair went from thick, to extremely thin. My ponytail used to be thick, now it is no bigger around than say a penny! But it didn't all fall out, and I had survived that before, so knew I could deal with it. Now it is growing in again, and is about an inch and a half to 2 inches long, and I look a bit like a dandelion! It sticks up all over my head! I use more product now than ever! But I am not complaining, I am just thrilled it is coming back---and looks like it will be thick as ever. I figure it will be coming back and getting pretty healthy when I do the TT, and out it will go again---at least it has to several on the PS boards.....just figures doesn't it~!~ It is by far in my experience the worst part of my banding! Try not to stress over it, I swear it makes it worse! Hang in there. Most people lose hair for a couple of months and it quits...me---I was the overacheiver!!! Jenn, has a good point if your hair is breaking off, it may be like a timeline, and break where it was weakened. Mine was coming OUT---hair bulb at the end and all! It will end though----

Laura---wooohoooo initiating the house----you go girl!!! Glad you 2 are getting your time now!

Pamela---I am so sorry about your workers. I am like you, I am always on time, or few minutes early. My inlaws are habitually late, makes me nutso!!! I had a contractor working on some drywall here once, recommended by a coworker of Ricks. He was this little bitty short Mexican national, who spoke very little English. He come the first day, with Ricks friend, and did awesome work. They were having to match a texture pattern. He was polite, and worked hard, so Rick hired him to do the ceiling. Well when it was just him, he showed up drunk, with a friend, and proceeded to fall off the scaffolding several times, and would talk to my chest---never my face! I dealt with him the first day, the 2nd Rick stayed home, and he never even showed up. Finally he finished, after the mutual friend got back involved....he still has no idea what my face looks like! Moron!!! We were lucky in the fact we had not paid him one red cent, and didn't until the job was done. Rick had low balled the pay for it, figuring on giving him more if he finished it in a timely manner etc. Needless to say we wrote him a check for the exact amount. He was mad, he did not want a check....too bad!

I hope your workers get their chit together---it is so hard having strangers in your home, and then for it not to work out time wise is even worse. Good Luck, come and whine and cry and bi#^h at us anytime, we can take it!!

I have been cooking today for a dinner at my inlaws, Ricks brothers family is here from Denver for a few days. Kinsey just left, and now I am going to take a shower!!! Wierd timing, but if I wait, I go to bed with wet hair later, and if you read the earlier paragraph, you will figure out how goofy I would look if I went to bed with wet dandelion fuzz!!!

Check on you girlies later!

Kat

Men....i wish they could all have ONE menstrual cycle...just ONE full week.....ARRGGGGHH!

Tracy I love the rings you picked out!!

That's the style I wanted.. diamonds on the band. But the jeweler said a ring in my size (11 at the time), with diamonds on the band would be too out of 'shape' and the diamonds would likely fall out so they couldn't warranty it. I was sad, but thats why I got the wedding ring that goes on both side with diamonds. It's a size 10. They are both too big now.. the 10 was fine, it held the engagement ring from falling off (I had a ring sizer on it before the wedding).. but now.. they're both too big, my engagement ring is always turned backward and the wedding ring slides to the side. I'm afraid to have the wedding ring re-sized, since it's got all the detail.. they have to take diamonds out to resize, so I wonder if the designed gold is going to get messed up too :car:

Hopefully I won't go down too many more ring sizes, I have big hands cause I'm tall regardless.. I think 9 would probably be as low as I go from weight loss.. Who knows!

Ohh since you bring up menstruating.. did I mention my doctor did call me in meds and I got them before the wedding? I had been taking them, she didn't tell me I had to stop my b/c.. but I read the meds, and it's something that is suppose to make you more fertile I think!! From reading it, it said like.. if you naturally would have had a miscarriage, this drug keeps you from having a miscarriage, so you could have kids with defects.. (not word for word, but what it said). So I was scared, sounds like a fertility drug. As soon as it stopped my periods.. she gave me 3 months to take.. would keep me from bleeding for 3 months to get me re-regulated.. but after I stopped bleeding I stopped taking it. I am afraid it's going to get me knocked up!! I don't want kids right now. I did keep taking my b/c with it, but it said it was an anti-estrogen I think.. and my b/c is estrogen.. so how the hell does that work..

Regarding the pics...I didn't have a phone or camera at the time, Josie's pics came out blurry on her i-phone (the bus boy took them!)...and SchexyMomma's the only one who brought her camera. She doesn't get online much with two little kiddos, but hopefully she will post or email the pics to me soon.

TracyKS - I love your rings!! How's DF holding up?! All of a sudden things are HAPPENING!!! Is he freakin'?

Tracy - Sorry, sweetie. I remember those days. One thing I surely don't miss is Aunt Flow!!! All the other parts about menopause suck big time, but not that one.

I got an i-phone yesterday. You have to activate it yourself on your computer, not thru the AT&T store like the other phones. So I couldn't do it yesterday 'cause I was out to dinner with the girlz, so I had to stay home tonight to get it all done (just finished!) 'cause I can't be without a cell phone another day. Ok, the reason I'm telling you all this sad tale is to explain WHY I haven't gone to the gym for 3 whole days!!! :car: So now I can't miss for the next five days to make my goal. Jeez. Maybe I can get two workouts in on Friday. Ol' sharp-eye-Tracy has probably been noticing my workout ticker hasn't changed but just too nice to say anything. LOL Or maybe she's just a little distracted?? Ya think?

Laura - my wedding ring has diamonds around it too. I had it sized UP when I gained and the jeweler told me I can probably only size it once more. The metal gets more brittle every time so, depending on the setting, be careful about sizing it too often. Just go as long as you can. It'll be worth it in the end! :) Ah....honeymooners. It's been a looooooooong time since I christened a house! :)

Well, off to see what else is happening at LBT! :) G'night!

Tracy - love the rings... i am just so happy for you.

Everyone is doing so well... back on shakes for me tomorrow... does that say anything... this was a bad month for me... bloated - wanted salt... need I say more?

I hope everyone has a great night, i'm off to sleep... or try anyway... it is hot here again and i'm so bloated. could i need another fill?????

Thanks all for your sympathy for my first REAL Episode last night.

I am only able to do liquids so far. I tried a teaspoon of cottage cheese - didn't feel good. I tried some yogart - I ate 1/2 maybe and that was enough of that as well.

Tracy - I love the rings - my first ring was a marquise as well. Yours is prettier than mine was. :car:

Laura - my doctor gave me Norethin ace - to get my periods back in sync since surgery (1/2 pill for 10 days - then you have TOM) -- I think the blood clotting med's and losing weight had them screwed up. I have endemetreious (sp?) as well.

Terry - not that I am trying to make excuses - but I have a herniated disc - that started my whole - lose weight NOW journey. I went to my doctor a few weeks ago - because I want to, need to, exercise. I thought about joining Curves -- well he says no -- still have disc issue.

Say's I need to go get shots and most likely surgery -- I HATE needles. I HATE SURGERY. He gave me a TENS unit to try see if it helps with pain.

So -- I am thinking of joining curves anyway and deal with pain starting AUG 1. ??? Hmmmm...

Have a good night all!

Gina

Forgot to tell my Violet's, that I wenT to my primary dr and he took me off of all my meds but 3. I was on 12. I'm sure my insurance will be happy. The cost for them was well over $1,500 a month and my cost went way down too. I think I'll set the saved money aside and save for a trip or something. :clap2:

Have a good evening!

NSV!!!!!! My first one really...well the biggest LOL

So my daughters car broke down today and we had to have it towed. The tow truck driver was HOT...well he was lots younger than me, probably 26 or so, but my 24 yr old daughter was drooling over him. LOL

Anyway, he flirted with me the ENTIRE time...I mean BAD. Then he didn't charge me for the tow...my hubby was like, "ok but if he calls you again (yes he called my cell once), you let me know!" LOL

My daughter said "mom I'm so glad that you still 'have it'...maybe when I'm your age I'll still have it too"....wait, was that supposed to make me feel good??? 'when i'm your age...."???? LOL

Oh well, at least I feel great!

NSV!!!!!! My first one really...well the biggest LOL

So my daughters car broke down today and we had to have it towed. The tow truck driver was HOT...well he was lots younger than me, probably 26 or so, but my 24 yr old daughter was drooling over him. LOL

Anyway, he flirted with me the ENTIRE time...I mean BAD. Then he didn't charge me for the tow...my hubby was like, "ok but if he calls you again (yes he called my cell once), you let me know!" LOL

My daughter said "mom I'm so glad that you still 'have it'...maybe when I'm your age I'll still have it too"....wait, was that supposed to make me feel good??? 'when i'm your age...."???? LOL

Oh well, at least I feel great!

WOOHOOO!! That is a great NSV....feels great doesn't it? There are many many more to come!! ENJOY!! :confused:

I have no clue what the scales say because I took Terri's advice and put the scales in the closet. No scales for me until Aunt Flow is gone.

Hello everyone...have a great day...