Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone! I lost my last dang post! I don’t know what happens. I hit something with this laptop and the post just goes away! Anyway a lot has happened with you all since I have been gone. About a month since my last post! Too long, I know. We were camping and spending all free moments out in the sun, now we are in Canada. It is wonderful here. My DH and I have been here about 9 days now and are leaving in two. He is here for work and I am here for a vacation from work!! I have been lying around the pool, and shopping… it has been nice except for all the eating out! I am doing well on eating but have really been indulging in alcohol! Which is so bad, I know….. all the liquid calories! I have been swimming and went to the gym a couple times. I have gotten 3 fills this far and have a total of 4.1cc’s in my band. I am probably overfull since I can only eat a little more then an ounce of food at one time and have been sharing all my dh’s food with him. I can not eat meat unless it is baby size bites, bread is the same thing, but I am ok with salads and Soups. I don’t want any taken out because for the first time I can feel my cloths getting bigger.

TracyinKS – congrats on the wedding!! I had no idea! Wedding planning help and lovin all at the same time what a lucky girl!!

Laura,

That is awful about your honeymoon!! I would be so dang angry!

I miss chatting with you all!! I am heading to the gym now thanks to your encouragement!

Angie

Laura - thanks for sharing. I too get frustrated when I feel like this is not working or if I'm not losing. But I tend to forget how far I've trully come. It's not just the pounds that have come off but also that my mind, body and soul have been re-energized. People tell me I look 5 years younger!

Tracy - that venue looks so beatiful! What are your colors? Yellow, right?

Houston girls - I'll see ya'll at 5:45. There's a Target near there right? I think I remember there being a Target. I need to stop in and look for some shorts. Even though I have to buy a size 26 bottom there! Everywhere else I'm a size 20. Oh well, the number doesn't matter. They fit really cute!

So, TOM was over yesterday. I'm still at 261. That damn pesky little pound that creeped on when I started didn't leave when I ended. I need to increase my Fiber consumption. Hope that works.

Such a busy day today but just wanted to stop in and say HI!

now BYE... :)

<sigh> I used to love chicken.< /p>

Careful with that stuff, Tracy!! G - O R - E - A - L S - L - O - W

Haydee - the Target is in Memorial City. Cafe Express is in Town & Country. You know how to get there? It's on the Tollway side, facing the street. Close to LaMadeline.

Terri - probably not then! I am thinking of the wrong one! I'll look it up before I head out. PM me your cell in case I get lost!

On a new side note, Tracy you DO have a good memory LOL!

You commented about how well I'm doing with such a picky eater I am. I don't think I've complained about how picky I am in a long long time. Water and water is all I've had today.. 3:30pm now.. me and DH are goin to get early dinner.. HE IS TAKING HIS BROTHER HOME TODAY! THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New rule in my house, no one is ever, under any circumstances, allowed to stay at our house, unless I have OK'd it. That's that. :)

LOVE THE NEW AVATAR LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling better now, but getting ready to head for home.

ANGIE! HEY WOMAN!!!! enjoy your vacation...

Haydee...............we are TRYING to go casual... guys/boys: blue shirts, black jeans, yellow rose, blue with yellow accent in ties (NO TUX)

girls: lemon yellow party dresses, my sister just found some fancy matching flip flops.. all the girls have long hair so my sis is going to have it french braided with yellow and blue ribbons............ my sis and oldest niece are standing up with me... the 3 of us have no idea what we are wearing... it will all depend on my size at the time. My sis has said that she WILL be wearing a size 6 come hell or highwater! She's grudgingly in a 10 jrs now....... She has hair just like your's in you avatar... thick, dark and curly........ what can I say.. I have a HAWT sister! If I continue to NOT be able to eat due to a swelled band I will for sure be in a 10/12! LOL................. COURTHOUSE ANYONE????? Hoping to get my rings tomorrow... OK.. gotta go for now!

Laura, sorry you are so unhappy about the BIL being dumped on you. It was very thoughtless of his parents without a doubt. On the plus side, maybe seeing your DH in a successful position, in a new home, with a new wife etc. will give his baby brother some incentive to do better himself.

I understand you being unhappy with your new DH, but he was in the middle, and likely as unsure of what to do as anyone was. The smokes and booze were a bad idea, probably big brother being "cool", you did the right thing objecting I believe. But while you are unhappy with him over this, read back through your previous post. Back when he was not legally tied to you, when you were at your largest, he stood right by your side. He did what he could to ease the pain you were in. He likely curtailed his own enjoyment of the bowling teams trip to Vegas, trying to keep you comfortable. So while he is not perfect...even my own loving DH is not....none are, neither are we....he stood by you in your rough times, just as he is trying to do for his brother. Like you would want to do for your own sibling. I agree the timing was AWFUL!!! But surely one of the reasons you fell in love with him, was the way he was always there when you needed him.

I remind you of this, in an effort to remind myself as well. I get very irritated (as you ALL know!) with my inlaws, and how Rick caters to their constant demands....when in reality, it is one of the things I first fell in love with! I have read, that you can tell how a man will treat you by watching how he treats his Mom. I am just that lucky. He treats us both with loving care. She is an old woman, and he makes her feel very special. She is, she is his Mom! While his parents make me crazy sometimes, they raised and formed the man I love.

It sounds to me as though his parents are the guilty parties. If you and DH had not been there, brother may have been out and in more trouble, or even worse, could have been hurt or killed while under the influence....but he was lucky, he had your DH. Just as I said before that Ricks parents made him who he is, keep in mind, you may have to deal with that, parents who cut & run when the going gets tough....and the brother may have the same tendency, but it sounds like you can relax...your DH has already proven he is in it for the long haul with you...good and bad. He ain't leaving when it gets bad... You just had a taste of the bad, with your honeymoon guest....but you have years and years of good ahead.

Now when he goes....show DH what he missed! A bit of advice from an OLD married lady---I know it was unpleasant, it likely wasn't a walk in the park for him either, especially knowing you were pissed! Don't hold it against him, be glad he is caring---he is the same way with you.

Ok off my soap box. I am incredibly glad your severe pain has subsided Laura....it is time for you to LIVE now girl!!!

Kat

OMG -- I have just had my first -- serious EPISODE! On my first and only bit of chicken at what was suppose to be dinner.< /p>

It happened at 6ish and I am still feeling after effects. I don't even want ice cream -- I must be sick -- LOL.

Kat817 - you make a lot of good points and reminders - for all of us. thanks.

Have a great evening everyone.

Gina

Well, we're back from our dinner out and we had such a good time!!! We could have stayed until midnight just yacking away. I wish you ALL could have been there with us! I hope we can do that someday, we'd have a blast. ;)

(((Schexy))) (((Haydee))) (((Josie))) It was soooooooo wonderful to meet you girls and you're all so beautiful! I do hope we can get together again real soon. I enjoyed myself immensely!

We got a pic or two and will post them tomorrow probably.

KAT - You make some excellent points. You're a good lady.

Gina - Sorry, hon.....BUT WHY ARE YOU SO BEHIND ON YOUR EXERCISE??? HMMMMMM??? GET MOVIN'!!! :heh:

Wow what a busy day. I am so tired. no gym today but did go to Six Flags. I have the worst rash between my legs. We were having so much fun on the Water slides that I was late for work, so didn't have time to get changed and we ran out with wet clothes, and my shorts just irritated the hell out of me and then it was too late, and had to go to work like that.... OUCH!!!!!!!1

the happy news... I got on the tube for the water slide and didn't get stuck -- and actually sunk in there a little bit. I walked down small spaces i would have been a tight squeeze, walking up to them in a panic and fit with no problems at all. What a great day.

I am sure I gained today, I'm not even going to weigh myself for a few days. I had great Breakfast, some chicken tenders for lunch and eggplant with ric cheese for dinner. did not drink enough water so I'm sure that is not going to help.

Anyway, that is my day, I'm beat. I will check in after the gym tomorrow. Hope you all have a great night

all you violets that got together tonight.. i'm jealous.. glad you had a great time

I am SOOOO glad you girls had a good time, I look forward to seeing pictures I hope!!!!!!! I really wanna be jealous---but I'm just glad you all got together, and had such a good time!

I did a half an hour on the elliptical, I was cooking and could not leave home, so settled on working out here. Then I did some light hand weights....my arms are very jiggly!!!

Well I am off to cruise the site a bit and head to bed, I just have my 2 yr. old granddaughter tomorrow, and we have a busy day I am sure!!! She gets here early, hoping she will want to go back to bed with Granny---but lately she gets here, and she wants toast. It was one of the first foods they allowed her to eat following this bug that hospitalized her, and she is addicted....to toast!

See y'all in the morning!

Kat

Good morning everyone...

Michelle-YAY you for your -6 That is awesome!!

Kat-You are right, over half way there. I can't hardly believe it myself!! It was a great homecoming for my daughter. I missed her so incredibly much!! She is the light of my life! I will post a pic of her later.

Laura-I can so relate to your post about hurting in the legs & back. Isn't it great to be virtually pain free? When my DH and I went to Vegas in Feb is when I knew I had to do something...I hurt so bad walking down the strip that I was in tears. Those days are gone!!

Well, rain here again today. At least we had one or 2 dry days. It is pouring so bad here right now that I am going to just wait it out instead of driving to work in it. My boss won't mind. He's cool. I had 3 guys at work comment on my weight loss at work. It feels good when the men say something because they (unlike some women) will tell the truth!!

Houston gals-Sure wish I could have been there. I am glad you all had a good time. can't wait to see the pics!!

Everyone have a super day. Aunt Rose is visiting me so my restriction is unreal and I am cramping SO bad!! This is definitely a day I want to stay in bed with a heating pad....oh well, I can dream...

Take care everyone!

TracyK

how cute...

it looks like I'm not the only one with a visitor this week. I have gained again. I know bad choices yesterday but OMG. I am going to do shakes for the next few days to get this under control.

I think the choices I've made have been good ones, I'm not having bathroom issues at all, but i'm gaining weight! so I'm going to get it under control and then cut back cals and if I need to increase have a Protein Shake during the day, I am disgusted that I was doing so well and now I'm finding what you gals are loosing.

I am going to jump in the shower, it is cloudy here right now but going to be hot and humid today, so I'm going to bake in the sun, mow the lawn... and go to work at 4