Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

GOOD MORNING Violets! Warning LONG POST AHEAD

I had a VERY VERY VERY eventful weekend........

Went to the wedding and it was a very nice small to do, I felt like I looked good, this was the first meeting for me with the bride, and I had only met the groom once (at dbf's mom's funeral) so it was not a real meeting. The bride is a nice young bubbly blonde spitfire and I think she and I will hit it off great... her dress was handmade and a beautiful lavendar and white (some of my favorite colors)........ the fire department showed up with everyone one a pumper truck and it was cool because they had bride, groom, and son riding on the tail board of the truck with horns and lights to the reception... ( a VERY big deal due to insurance liability) but the groom was the chief at one time so the current chief ok'd it.........VERY cool.

Dbf's exwife was wearing shorts and a pony tail and I looked better than her... (na na nanna na) Sorry, but you KNOW I was thinking it... can't say it to anyone else but my violets! :D We get along just fine and it was funny because the rest of the department pretty much had open mouthes when new husband shook dbf's hand and exwife and I started laughing about the boys...... she asked me in front of everyone.....

So WHEN DO WE GET TO GO TO YOUR WEDDING???? I laughed and made a smart ass remark about improving his credit score first.. ( a defensive strategy I use to NOT show how important it someday is to me to become "legal") anyway.... once at the reception it came time for the bouquet toss and the bride yelled accross the room... "TRACY GET UP HERE!" I was like "What?" I hadn't planned on partaking in this event but when the bride is yelling from the dancefloor to get my ass up there, I figured I better do it...... :D

She line up the DJ did a countdown and then she threw the bouquet straight into my hands... so I jokingly made a scene of it ... shaking it as a victor.. I think the photographer got the actual catch.......... DBF yelled that it was a set up as he laughed.... so the night progressed and we are sitting at the wedding party table and Charles say's........ "I like this wedding.. I could do this"... I'm like "YUP"... he's like "could you live with something small like this?" I said "well yeah" and that was the end of it...........

So yesterday, we are still kid free and the morning is beautiful so we spent about 2.5 hours on our back deck drinking coffee, and somehow, some way............. WE SET A DATE...... March 1st. We had planned on going to Daytona for Bike week anyway so we just decided to make it OUR HONEYMOON............... We even wrote out lists to invite........ and wait that is not all..................... We went to Helzberg Diamonds and bought RINGS....... and (for those on the intimacy thread)

I GOT LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!! after a nine month drought........ do you THINK I had a good day? My rings had to be sized, but they will be ready by Wednesday and yes I will take pics.......... I'm still in shock..... We told my mom, my sister and my dad..... He is going to tell his sister (who is really his mom and is against marriage in general) I was going to wait til I had a pic of the ring but I couldn't.....

It is more of a ring that I ever dreamed of.......It is the first ring that the salesman pulled out of the case....... I am excited.

That's it for now.

Give me an off the top of your head list of your 5 favorite books of all time! Mine are:

Angela's Ashes

The Poisonwood Bible

Divine Secrets...

The Grapes of Wrath

Joy Luck Club

I was looking at this list again, and I realized that each of these books is about enduring great hardship and the resulting growth of spirit. Hmmm. Learned something about myself today.

Has anyone (but me!) read the Poisonwood Bible or Angela's Ashes???

Tracy

Congrats to you

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::Banane10::D:Banane31::Banane42::confused::Banane48::Banane48::Banane05::Banane16::Banane27::Banane38::Banane47::Banane04::Banane57::Banane57::Banane14::Banane02::Banane02::Banane34::Banane46::Banane13::Banane24::Banane45::Banane44::Banane01::Banane22::Banane54::confused::Banane12::Banane23::Banane03::Banane43::D:Banane21::Banane53::Banane32::woot::woot::cheer2::cheer2::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane08::confused::Banane52::Banane41::confused::Banane30::Banane41::confused::Banane51::Banane40::Banane40::Banane40::bananajump::not_ripe::Banane09::Banane19::Banane39::Banane28::Banane17::Banane06::):Banane59::Banane27:

Tracy~

OMG...OMG...OMG...Doing the happy dance now! I am so happy for you! That is amazing! Congrats, and I am looking forward to the pix and the details unfolding. But please don't be like Laura, get married and not need your violets anymore :D.

We love you and are so excited for you!!!!

Well, today I am off to a pissy start. I didn't go to the gym because I stayed up too late, had to be home for the door guy...well...guess who just called and said he is not gonna be here until 10! While I was waiting I called the contractor and he said he'd be here in an hour or so. Basically, I think I am just tired today.

On a good note, I am feeling skinny!!!!!!!!!! You know those skinny days? I love it. Yesterday, my friend (the one whose wall we painted) took me to lunch and a movie for my birthday! I ordered the Cobb salad...still have 1/2 of it in fridge. That is all I ate all day yesterday, 1/2 a Cobb and some chips w/ the ceiling and 3 or 4 bottles of Water, can't remember. SOOOOOO...skinny day for me. If I have the other half of salad (lots of Protein in there) and maybe some Beans later, I should have another skinny day tomorrow! I love it. I will weigh in at the gym tomorrow! Last Monday, I was 261 at the gym...so cross your fingers ladies, PLEASE. I want to be down sooo bad. The most I've lost since surgery is 23 pounds, and @ 261 I am up 4...lol. My starting weight is the day I picked up my preop diet, 280. That is what I am sticking to. I am down 2 sizes...love that. I just want to break this plateau thing and get back to -23...and beyond. PLEASE SEND ME SKINNY THOUGHTS FOR THE scale TOMORROW! Thanks violets, I always knew I could count on you!

Judy~ have fun on your "girls time".

Terry~ I'll be thinking of more books. I did not read Poisonwood Bible (although my dad highly recommended it), but I did read the one by Barbara Kingsolver (sp) about Pigs (can't remember the name) but that was years ago.

peaceout

((((((Tracy))))) OMG!! I am so happy for you!! I don't know if I'm more excited about the 'proposal', the ring or that you got lucky!!! You must be floating on air today!!! ....and MAN!! You you must have really looked hot!!! You GO!!!!

Whew! What an eventful weekend for everyone! I had a super busy weekend and didn't have a chance to get on my laptop.

TRACY - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I know how much you've wanted this and I'm glad he finally came to his senses!!! Only 8 months till the big day. Let's start the planning!!

Pamela - I had a skinny day yesterday! We threw a surprise party for my aunt and there was alot of people there that I hadn't seen in a few months and everyone, everyone complimented me! I felt so skinny all day long. I even wore some really cute platform shoes and I walked around in them all day long. Normally I'd arrive to the party in heels and then kick them off after about 30 min. Yay for skinny days!!!

Michelle - OMG, I do the same thing you do with the Borders email. I get it once a week and then log on to my library's site and request to put a hold on all the books I want. I scour the magazines for book reviews, and evertime someone mentions a good book I go straight to my library's site and put a hold on it. Right now I'm reading 90 minutes in Heaven. Just started last night in bed but I've heard really good things about it.

Terri - I loved the Poisonwood Bible. I devoured that book when I got it. Orleanna's struggle is probably the same struggle so many mothers out there have. I loved that character.

Gina - Please post the Guidelines and Nutrition for Success when you have a chance. I too try to eat from every food group. I have not given anything up because for me this is a life change not a diet.

Ms Jen - thank you for posting the bean recipe. See Violets, it is so easy. My mom makes them almost the same, but she does not add the bacon because my dad is on a low sodium diet.

Terri, I've been so bad about exercising this month. I've been trying to stay under your radar. See how I didn't post my challenge. That's so that if I didn't meet it then I wouldn't have to be accountable. Ha! I thought I was being so smart. But the thing I didn't consider was your pretty little avatar buzzing around my head every time I missed a workout. So, next Monday I leave for my weeklong vacation. I'm going to the gym every night this week. Then after my vacation, I will come back and set my goals for the month of August. And I will POST them.

Ladies, I've got a very busy week ahead of me. I'll try to check in every once in awhile.

Love ya'll...

Tracy - I am so happy for you... CONGRATS!!!!!

I am sticking with the cal thing, I am going to put my scale away for a few days and not take measurements or anything until TOM goes away

What a busy day for everyone. I am going to the movies with my 3 year old - it is raining here so we are going to go to pass on the drive ins tonight ... i'm so sad about that

Haydee - are you still planning on coming out tomorrow night? Ok, I'll let you slide on the exercise this month because we all have to learn from our mistakes. BUT next month I'm gonna be on you like stink on poop, so be prepared!! You want those wonderful compliments to keep coming, don't you? Not to mention you'll feel sooooo much better. Give it 3 solid months...give it as a gift to yourself....and you will NOT be sorry. Regarding CLA, I used every supplement out there when I was low carbing a few years ago. I spent over $150/month on them. CLA is one of the expensive ones and I didn't find that it improved my rate of weight loss at all. I probably took it when I was stalled out at some point and found it didn't make a difference.

CONGRATS TRACY!!!!!!!! Kinda sucks when it's over, I don't feel special anymore LOL!

Kity- Hey! That's not true. I just am frustrated with having to log in everytime. Believe it or not, that irritates me everytime I come by so 3/5 times I just read, don't post.

I'm not real proud of myself right now, so nothing to brag about in the band department. I'm feeling more restriction. Sandwhiches and Bagels are fighting me more often. I was eating a bagel the other night for my midnight snack (yeah that's good right? Pf..) Every single bite was a struggle and fight to get down, no matter what I did.. so of course, I gave up and only ate 1/4 of it. Yay me. That's what I need, but it's so fickle.. happens 1/3 times. So 2/3 times I can eat the bagle. Boo.

Same with sandwhiches.. had a ham and cheese sandwhich for lunch yesterday, only ate 2 bites of it.. even though the day before I could eat one with only mild discomfort, yesterday it was fighting like all hell. 2 bites into it, I was feeling exhausted from trying to chew enough, I just gave up. But then mid-day I can still eat more than I need to.

So I went from morning restriction.. to periodic restriction, morning restriction, some late night restriction. Slowly but surely I guess. Next fill is Aug 6, hoping to crank this baby up!

Like I said, threw out my scale that one time in a fit of frustration, and forgot to weigh myself at my parents.. so it'll be a surprise to see what I've lost. And.. for the record, if it's no weight loss AGAIN for a whole month.. I'm going to go balistic!! :(

I went to my fave nutrition vendor Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore! to refresh my memory about CLA. It looks like the prices have gone down drastically. I do remember that back in the day they found that Tonalin CLA (http://www24.netrition.com/horizon_cla_page.html) was the only effective CLA out there. Also, you have to take 3000-4000 mg /day. A liquid (Clarinol CLA Plus) might be your best bet rather than 3-4 pills.< /p>

Hi everyone I made it back!!! I have spent well over the last hour catching up on you guys & my email---it is good to be home.

Tracy---WOOHOOO hon---It is so good to see you so happy!!!! Congratulations!!! Another wedding....a small one (best plan in my book!). Any special ideas yet---I mean like their plan with the firetruck---y'all have anything in mind that way??? This will be such fun, can't wait to see your rings. And as petty as it would be, I'd have another nanny nanny boo boo moment with the ex....!!!LOL All of your confindence, and wonderful attitude must have seeped into his brain, and made him realize he better get it together or he was going to lose the best thing to ever come into his life! Think they will ever figure out how the male brain works???? Congrats!!!

Terry---When I read about your friend and all she is dealing with, I did for sure sit back, and thank God for how good I do have it. I have been in times of trial, where everything seems to pile up at once...it is so difficult, the only thing I can say about it is, it does keep you from over focusing (if that is a thing....) on each problem as it arises. Update us on how her family is doing if you get a chance.

As for your comment on me having a wonderful life---I feel like I DO! We are at a point in life it IS just wonderful! Our kids are grown, and as an over all they and their kids are healthy, and in good places in their lives. I mean we have the usual illness, and family issues etc. but all in all, we don't have any huge issues right now! DH has a good job, I am able to not work so I can be with him when he is off, he had an erratic schedule at times...

I think the biggest thing is we actually get to spend time together, and we love that. It is one of the things I like so much about our motorcycle time. I have my own bike, but seldom ride it. When we ride together we can talk, there is no way to put 2 people on a motorcycle without touching! We can go with our friends, but it isn't like we are couped up in a car, or in a motel room with anyone but each other. We spend time together with them at the rally events etc. and at camp, but on the bike it is just Rick and I and we have separate camping--so our tent is just us.

Cows are not fun.....hay is not fun....but we commiserate over it together, and survive it together, so its ok. The ONLY thing I share with you guys here, and not with him, is my irritation with his family! That crosses the line and I recognize that!!! The big things yes I would say something, but the daily irritants, the BBQ's, and the snide remarks---those I share with you guys, and leave him out of it. I am sure he does the same especially with my brother!! No one can get along well with my brother, and Rick works at it, and never complains....and I KNOW he would love to!!!!

Thanks for reminding me that you are right, I have it good!

Judy---Glad your garage sale wnt well, stayed dry! It is rather shocking to look at clothes and think you wore that and it was snug, they look so big now!!! I am facing the opposite, I go to try on something and automatically think oooh this is going to be too small, and am shocked when it fits!

Have you checked with the animal placement people to see if they offer any type of obedience training for Jetta? Occasionally allowing the dogs to smell one another through the closed door of the garage might make it easier, as they eventually share a yard...I realize Jetta is in a run....but the smells etc, will allow them to adjust to one another being there.

Good grief I started this post, then my phone started ringing and has not stopped since! OK back to thoughts at hand!

Pamela--long distance relationships are not easy, but they are a perfect way to start a relationship I believe! Rick and I were apart for almost 2 years! We lived about 400 miles apart, and we tried to get together every other weekend, but with kids, and jobs, it was not always easy! It was before we had computers and cell phones....so we wrote letters every single day! To this day I still feel a difference about Sundays and Tuesdays! No mail! Of course they don't deliver on Sundays, and so then the letter he wrote on Sunday, would be delivered on Wed. wth Mondays letter---I never got anything from him on Tuesdays, it was such a low day!!! And we racked up horrid phone bills. BUT it made us learn how to communicate, and to this day we talk about everything, he is the first person I want to share any kind of news with. When you are together all the time, you go to movies on dates, for instance, but in the movie, you can't talk! We had to talk or "write" about our thoughts and feelings, and expectations---it was all we had. We went into this knowing each other so well. It was hard, but it built us a foundation I am confident in. Use your apart time to learn more, and spend time planning special together things. It is strengthening, I fully believe!

Jenn--Hang in there, with the food and weight issues, nothing changes over night. Give your body a chance to catch up to all the changes. And for heavens sake don't panic until TOM is long gone. Water retention alone is worth several pounds! You are doing good, just give it a little time!!

TracyK---maybe room for 2 in the garden tub now? You have Mommy time, so invite DH to a garden party!!!!

Glad your Harry Potter party was a success, have you finished your book now? Was it the ending you hoped for? I keep hearing about the ending, and will he or won't he die! I have no say---just wondering as a fan if YOU liked the ending!!!

OK, I need to find food. I have let half the day get away from me!

TTYL

Kat

Hey

is anyone else's page super huge? I am having a hard time reading it for some reason.

today is a completely lazy day, I just woke up from a little nap. I couldn't even stand myself. I never nap anymore.

hope everyone is having a good day... Tracyks, I am just so very thrilled for you.....I know I said it, but it is nice to see a sister violet so happy.

LOL! Thanks everyone! I really can't believe all this is real... I'm in wedding planning mode.....as I was reading everyones comments I was chuckling out loud....

The only thing so far that we know is:

1. Wedding and Reception in same place, probably a Legion or other banquet hall. (I had the big church wedding the FIRST time)

2. My sis and 17 yr old neice are standing up with me.

3. My sis had a GREAT idea..... her blended family includes 5 girls and ours includes 4 boys....... her oldest will be up with us but the other 4 pairs are also matched in age so they are going to enter together! With my son and her youngest as flower girl/ring bearer.... (embarassed to admit this but) I just ordered the girls dresses in 1 size bigger than they wear today on clearance for $9.00 each in Lemon yellow... (I hadn't planned on buying the girls dresses but the ENTIRE order was $42.00 and I've spent WAY more on STUPID stuff.. boys are going to be in blue shirts with a yellow rose for accent..... Dbf doesn't know I did this.... (lets just keep it between us :( ...) the dresses are sleeveless but I figure my sis could get them white sweater toppers or something to keep them warmer and maybe cover the armholes if too big... and heck if we find something better later... the girls all have a new summer dress for next year. :(

I have no idea what size I will be in by then HOPING for a 10/12... this just gives me a new goal to shoot for........ oh lord I can't believe how excited I really am... (the planner in me just kicked on and I have to turn it on simmer or else I will be FREAKING dbf out)

And yes Kat... I'm thinking of doing our own invitations incorporating both our bikes.. but I don't know.. haven't talked to him about it......

I've called a couple rentable halls to get prices.... now I must get some work done! :)

Oh.. I did really bad on food this weekend, but I'm back to it today.

Yes, my screen is super-huge... I hoped it was cuz' someone had posted a big picture, but even here on the reply page I have to scroll over... odd & annoying!

Went to docs and did NOT get a fill. Since my first fill 12 days ago (not even a whole 2 weeks), I've lost a solid 10lbs!! So no fill. He says to go slower & smaller w/the bites & chewing, etc., so I don't keep getting stuck... I *still* think I could've used a bit of a fill as I do get to feeling hungry between meals and I think the wt loss is cuz' I stop eating when I get stuck, not cuz I'm full, be he said to track it all for a week or so + wt loss & then call them if I think I need a top off. I have only 4cc in the 10 cc band now, he said that's on the low side, but w/the loss... so, ok! Whatever! I'll track it on paper & see what I can deduce.

TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * C * O * N * G * R * A * T * U * L * A * T * I * O * N * S * ! * ! * ! On everything! Oh I'm so excited for you!!!!! Can't wait to see the ring! Hey-- why not have a CRUISE honeymoon w/the Violets?????????????????????

Gotta go put groceries away... bbl!