Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning Violets~

Well, after 2 weeks together, Susanne is gone:(:car::(. If we didn't have so much fun together when we are together, it wouldn't hurt so much when she leaves. I am sad and will be until Friday when I see her again. This sucks so bad, and I am really looking forward to her retirement. But until then...:car:.

Friday morning I was going to post and ask a question about restriction. I had my fill on Wed. and was on liquids and softs and wasn't feeling any thing. Yesterday, my MIL was here and we went out to Breakfast. I ordered scram eggs and cottage cheese, and whole wheat toast. I was doing great then BAM I was sooo stuck in a resturaunt!!! I had to get up and walk. I have never, ever ever, felt that. I thought I had felt the "golfball"...but NOOOOO. I had to go to bathroom and jump up and down. Then for lunch, my MIL made pork loin and German noodles (soooo good). I made a very small plate and got stuck again on the meat. That one was bad. Felt the sharp pain in my heart too. So for the first time since I've been banded, I actually know that I have the band. IT IS IN THERE, REMINDING ME. WWJD and the rules all come to light. I have not really worked the band because I never had restriction and never knew what the real deal was. NOW I KNOW. So, back to the gym tomorrow, and bandster rules review (I have them somewhere). Smaller bites...etc. Interestingly, yesterday, when I made my "small plate", I was sad that it didn't look like everyone elses. Soooo that tells me I am still dealing with the food issues. Judy's mantra comes to mind..."it is not about the food".

Judy~Congrats on the nearly 50 pound loss...truly amazing. You've worked your butt off and I am very proud of you.

Terry~ Go shopping! Golf is so boring on TV (pretty fun in real life). Go spend some of his money.

Tracy and Jen~ Any pix? I hope you all had a great Saturday.

Michelle~ The Harry Potter thing sounds sooo fun. I am like Terry. I read the first 100 pages in the first book. They were on the platform looking for something like gate 12 and 1/2 (something like that). After that I just lost interest. My favorite genre is southern fiction w/ strong female characters (think YaYa's).

Terry~ I am reading the Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett now. I am also reading The Secret Lives of Bees and I have that Ali's daughter's book (lapband) on the table too. I like the Magician's Assistant alot, just about 40 pages into it, but so far it is great. I like the way the author writes. But I have been too freaking busy to read this week, but the closet is looking great.

Haydee~ My sky looks like yours in that pix you posted...I love it. Maybe I'll get some reading in today!

Have a great day violets~

Hi Violets...

I am just sitting around the house waiting for my sister to call to meet me for me to get macy from her. I sure miss my DD...I loved the momma time but I am going to be very glad to see my babygirl again! yesterday I ate like a hog...but, I am not gonna dwell on it. I think every once in a blue moon that is a good thing to do...I mean we are human after all, right?

Judy-Congrats on the 3 more pounds! I am so happy for you!

My next goal is the 20somethings...then...onederland! It seems like a dream. But, dreams do come true.

Right now I am out of books to read. I am waiting patiently for Amazon to deliver my 6 books I ordered. I have replaced eating with reading. I have read so many books that I will be able to open up a used book store by the time I get to my goal weight!

Pamela...try not to be sad....Friday will be here in no time!

Everyone have a great day!

Just checking in. Having a great weekend. Went to Jazz Attack Concert on Friday, busy all day Saturday. Just got back from lunch with friends. I could only eat 2oz prime rib, 1/2 small baked potato, slice of whole wheat bread. To the rest home and gave to DH to eat. I now I have restriction because I can usually eat a whole loaf of bread and everything else in sight. So I just sat and enjoyed the conversation. Most just thought I wasn't hungry.

Saw another friend today that hasn't seen me since I was banded and her comment was "here's my friend that is wasting away." We laughed. she was against the band in the beginning and is now accepting of it now that she sees how happy I am and healthier.

Now on my way to a baby shower. I have 600 calories to blow so I can have cake!!!:hungry:

Have a great evening.

Terry:

I am a regional manager for a finance company. I cover VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, AL.

Books – I actual listen to books while I travel on my ipod – I belong to www.audible.com and for 16.95 a month – I get 2 books of my choice. I have been listening to Sue Grafton’s – she does a series about a female PI – the first in the series is “A is for Alibi” then “B is for Burglar” then “C is for Corpse” and so forth – I am up to P:

“A is for Alibi” Publisher's Summary

When Laurence Fife was murdered, few mourned his passing. Plenty of people had reason to want him dead. But the police thought his wife Nikki , with motive, access and opportunity, was the #1 suspect. The jury thought so too.

Eight years later and out on parole, Nikki hires Kinsey Millhone, a gutsy P.I., to find the real killer. The trail is cold, but Kinsey finds a lead that brings her face-to-face with the murderer!

This is the first in the popular series featuring California investigator Kinsey Millhone. She's 32, twice divorced, no kids, an ex-cop who likes her work...and who works strictly alone!

Don't miss the other titles in the Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mystery Series.

Judy:

God bless you for taking in Jetta –German Shepherds’ are a working dog – they need a job. I have one 6 years old on Aug 1 and she is the best “child” we have ever had. Her job is catching Frisbees – and she knows when it’s her time to go and catch – and Katie bar the door – until you go… She is up to 4 times a day minimum right now. Heaven help us…. Oh- I should mention it is not good enough for only one of us to go out to play – she needs both Mommy and Daddy before she plays. 50 lbs – WOW that is tremendous victory to e celebrated!

Jenn:

I have never been on a cruise and would like to take one. I did watch a TV program about the fees can add up – and what some of the hidden charges/costs are – so I think that is why I have been shy about pursuing one. Keep us in the loop on your research.

Wishing you a break from the plateau. I am on one as well --stuck at 264.

Pamela:

When my now husband was dating –we only were together every other weekend – it makes a relationship stronger I believe – we are celebrating our 11 year wedding anniversary – 15 years all together (in November.)

TracyK:

I think it is healthy to eat what you want in moderation – once in a while …

Jennifer:

Have fun at the baby shower –and enjoy the cake!!!!!!!!!

Good eve, Violets...

Just a quick pop-in... I am sooooo tired! Was up 'til 4am on Fri nite/Sat morn reading, then up again 'til 1am last night finishing the HP book! It was good... the last 75-100 pp were great... but it was a bit meandering in spots & oh-so dark & evil & depressing most of the time... I have +s and -s about it, but overall, good.

Took DS to his Jazz Band Camp week... he'll stay @ my mom's while he's there... just got home... long day...

Tomorrow is supposed to be my 2nd fill, but I lost ANOTHER lb today, so that's 5 (!) since last Tuesday so I don't know if they'll fill me or not.

PAM-- You're pretty much describing the feeling I get when I eat now, too... not ALL the time, but frequently... I think it's cuz' I'm eating too fast & w/too big bites... man it hurts!... I'm trying very hard to be slow & conscious of eating the bandster way... w/thoughts of Judy dancing in my head (the thoughts are dancing, not Judy... like sugarplums... get it?).

I obviously need to go to bed & get some sleep!! G'night!

Oh, books! Terry -- I LOVE to read and get all my books from the library... I get the Borders weekly list on e-mail & then when I see something that looks good, I go to the library Web site & put it on hold & then they e-mail me when it's ready... LOVE THAT. I buy only books I want to keep... like the HP's!

Did you read "The Kite Runner"? If no, get it! If yes, then I highly recommend his second book that just came out, "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I don't know how he writes such beautiful, compelling stories amidst such misery & despair -- and it's REAL LIFE, not fantasty! They can be a bit brutal & honest, but they hit my heart & I find myself being AMAZED by these women & wanting to learn more & how I can help.

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time"

"The Time Traveller's Wife"

"Water for Elephants" (I think that's the title... it's on the best-seller list now...paperback...)

"The _____ of Max Tivoli" (something like Amazing Life of or something like that??)

"The Last Summer of Me & You" (or is it You & Me?)

I'll check my library file & get more later... I know there are more!

Ok, g'nite for real now!

Evening all... it's dancing Judy here. Tutu and all!! Well the big garden tour is over. And guess what??? We had 9 whole visitors in 4 hours. NINE!! Apparently it was not a biggie for the church folk to do. Not even the Pastor showed up.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. BUT I love my gardens and I got lots of compliments from the people that DID show. Tomorrow morning I'm off for the girls adventure to go see Clay Aiken and then shopping. I'll be back late Wednesday night. Try not to talk a lot til I get back, k??

I'm really anxious to get my 2nd fill. DH doesn't think he'll get one as he is doing really well, but I get hungry in between meals now and that's not like me. I don't eat... but I sure get hungry! My friend that had it done a month after me just got her second fill and she says it's like night and day. She's not hungry, can only eat little bites and is dropping weight really well again. I lost the pound I gained plus 2 more, but it was not as easy as it has been. One week from tomorrow and I'll have the 2nd fill... wooo hoooooo!!

Everyone have a great night and I'll see ya'all on Wednesday!!

Wow...just took a long bubble bath and I realized that my garden tub is actually big now....or maybe I am smaller?....either way, I have room in it to play now :D

Everyone have a good night!!

PS, My DD is staying at my sisters again tonight :D

I miss her

My favorite genre is southern fiction w/ strong female characters (think YaYa's).

Terry~ I am reading the Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett now. I am also reading The Secret Lives of Bees and I have that Ali's daughter's book (lapband) on the table too. I like the Magician's Assistant alot, just about 40 pages into it, but so far it is great. I like the way the author writes.

Pamela - It sounds like you and I have the same taste in books! I've read and loved The Secret Life of Bees and have read Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood at least twice. The movie was pretty good too, I thought. Give me an off the top of your head list of your 5 favorite books of all time! Mine are:

Angela's Ashes

The Poisonwood Bible

Divine Secrets...

The Grapes of Wrath

Joy Luck Club

Oh, books! Terry -- I LOVE to read and get all my books from the library... I get the Borders weekly list on e-mail & then when I see something that looks good, I go to the library Web site & put it on hold & then they e-mail me when it's ready... LOVE THAT. I buy only books I want to keep... like the HP's!

Did you read "The Kite Runner"? If no, get it! If yes, then I highly recommend his second book that just came out, "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I don't know how he writes such beautiful, compelling stories amidst such misery & despair -- and it's REAL LIFE, not fantasty! They can be a bit brutal & honest, but they hit my heart & I find myself being AMAZED by these women & wanting to learn more & how I can help.

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time"

"The Time Traveller's Wife"

"Water for Elephants" (I think that's the title... it's on the best-seller list now...paperback...)

"The _____ of Max Tivoli" (something like Amazing Life of or something like that??)

"The Last Summer of Me & You" (or is it You & Me?)

I'll check my library file & get more later... I know there are more!

Oh, Thanks, Michelle!! Lots of good suggestions! I love to BUY books....'cause if I love them I hate to part with 'em....so I buy them cheap on Half.com. Heading over there now to get some of these you and Pamela have suggested! :D

Jenn - I'll bet you DID look really cute in your outfit! Did you take measurements before you started working out? It might be important if the scale is going to be stubborn. Did you get to meet Hillary?

Where is TracyKS this weekend??

Hope Kat is having fun! Doesn't she sound like she's got a wonderful life? I envy her .... except for the cows part. LOL

After my last post about the golf thing, I just had to get out of here...so I went to the gym then to my mom's. We had a nice day just being lazy. I even took a nap on her couch. Nothing like being at Mom's <sigh>.... it's always been a haven for me.

Well, nothing else to report. Ate a bunch this weekend. I am going to have to get my fill checked. I think I've got a leak or something...not feeling much restriction now. I have no idea when I'll be able to do that! Maybe Friday.

Hello all

just checking in. horrible food day, I had my normal breakfast, 1/2 pt of eggplant. picked at some pepperoni so I decided to make 4oz chicken and some lettuce. don't have a clue how many calories I had

Anyway - i'm just getting home from work and going to shower and go to bed.

Terry, no she didn't show!!!!! what kind of pres is that going to make?

So, I'm kind of happy, I'm still holding 221 and I got that special monthly visit today, I'm usually good for 5lbs with that... Lets pray. LOL

I will keep you posted on some research on the cruises or any place else I can find. Throw ideas out there and I'll get the info.

Going to six flags with my daughter tomorrow and then both kids and myself are going to drive ins. I'm so excited.

Hey Violets~

I just got in from helping my friend paint her wall...maroon red. My living room is fire engine red (just 2 walls) and she wanted a similar color. I am bushed. We did her first coat, and then I had to go. Didn't want to miss Army Wives (it is 10 pm here). Anyway, I am pooped.

Favorite books...hummmmm, good question.

YaYas (for sure #1)

Way of the Peaceful Warior (movie just came to dvd, can't wait to see it)

Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry (youth chapter book)

There are so many others. I've been in school, working on Master's and Doctorate since 1997...so I have read little "good ones". I too am a book collector. I have a georgous library w/ floor to ceiling built-ins. I love books (wish I started collecting something smaller). Anyway, I will think of more fav's...there are sooo many.

Have a great night~

Morning everyone

well off for another insane day - (I think) my mom is here and I'm so happy - but she is a morning person and I am far from that, evenmore so now that i'm back to working 2nd shift. I cam home to a huge and I mean HUGE mess in my kitchen, which is the room where the door is, my daughter blew off all her chores, which was to vaccume, dishes and change her laundry. So can you imagine how happy I was when I walked into that. Then....... this morning my mother felt that I needed to be up at 6am... HELLO.........remember where you are..... I don't have a job and you are getting me up before the sun... I don't think so.... I am so glad she is here but we set some ground rules before I even had coffee. My house is definately lived in, but I've been bustin my butt to keep it all nice and in 1 day, it is all turned upside down.

WHEW... thanks for letting me vent!

Anyway, up another lb this am... can I take the bridge????? I eat nothing bad for the most part and work out like a crazy person and gaining. Wed or Thurs when my friend goes away I'm going to take more measurements and see if I'm at least shrinking. I don't want to give up on the increased calorie intake, but if I don't lose something by the end of the week I'm back to Protein Shakes for 3 meals a day.

Well going to finish my coffee and go to the gym

Jenn!! It's TOM!! The scale goes into the closet for a week, girlfriend!

LOL

OK it is going to be hard... I'm not going to get on until Wed.

Off to the gym...

Good Monday Morning, Violets~~

Judy -- Have a great time on your girls' trip!

TracyK -- splish splash! :D

Pam -- You're a painting fool! Wish you lived closer...

Jenn -- Hang in there girlfriend!! You're doing great!!

Terry -- I tend to like current fiction about strong women, HP is really the only "fantasy" I like... As I said, I check out the Borders new release lists + Amazon + book reviews everywhere -- Wash. Post, Oprah mag, even People mag! Here are some more recommendations:

"Eat, Pray, Love" -- a biography... I liked it so much I want to buy it!

"Life of Pi" -- bought this one, too!

"Bird of Another Heaven" (reading this now, haven't finished, ok so far)

"The Myth of You & Me"

"One Thousand White Women"

"Rise and Shine"

"Recipes for a Perfect Marriage"

"The Blood of Flowers"

"The Red Tent"

"The Memory Keeper's Daughter"

"The Whole World Over"

"Whitethorn Woods"

Authors I enjoy are Elizabeth Berg, Anita Shreve, Lolly Winston...

Maybe my 2nd fill today... will let you know when I get back! Make it a great one, everyone! :D

Good morning all!!!

Had a great weekend (for a change). They didn't have cake, but they did have cupcakes and I had 2. The frosting was great, well actually that's the only part I like and I still had 200 cal left for the day.

Jennifer, give your new calorie intake a chance. Remember I upped mine and I have lost 2.5 lbs in the last five days but it took almost a week before it showed and before that I hadn't lost anything for over 2 weeks. So-ooo, hang in there girl and stop stressing. We ask a lot of our bodies. After years of over eating we want it to loose it in just a few months. Our bodies are going to rebel and say 'I think not!' :D