Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

;)Hey Violets~

Judy, I saw Tammy Faye on the LKL show...wow. About 6 or 7 years ago, my mom and I sat right across from her at this great resturaunt, Billy Reeds. Mom and I didn't say a word the entire meal and we were leaning towards our right to eavesdrop on their conversations. She was w/ her husband and another man, and it was right after she did some episodes on the Drew Carry Show. Remember, she played Mimi Bobeck's mom. She was talking about the show. I wish her remaining time is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Terry, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. If her father is still in such a state, she should request valuim, or something of the like. While I took care of my mother, I also took care of her father, who had alzeheimers. We would give him 1 mg of Ativan and it took the edge off somewhat w/ his confussion. I've lived through the "take me home" and "where am I" for years. Somedays it was "1 Ativan for you, 2 for me..." just kidding;). I have lived through that type of stress. I was in bad shape, and put on a great deal of weight...while I smoked...and earned a Master's degree and my doctorate degree. I used to pray (yes, I am Catholic and VERY spiritual) for peace. I only wanted peace...I lived w/ such insane nervousness. My heart broke when I heard her story...

OK...got the MIL this weekend...I love her. I made a great dinner tonight...

chicken ravioli in a garlic, onion, and sweet tomatoes in olive oil...man o man...great. I only had a few, but it was great!

Hope everyone have a great night. TTFN

Tracy and Jen~ have fun tomorrow...take pix so we can see how hawt you are!

OMG MIA for 1 day and I missed so much

Terry- that is horrible about your friend. I guess it can always be worse.

Judy - glad the garage sale is over and you had a great day.

Everyone else. HI

So - today was my nutritionist appt. I actually had a good and producitive visit. First, the muscle retaining Water thing is 100% true. and I am most likely am not drinking enough although I feel like I'm going to float away, but even though I'm not sweating, the water is still evaporating through my pores..... So that explains alot.

Then she has her new dietician with her and proceeds to tell her how hard I am on myself (Like that is a shock to everyone right?) and after taking all my info into consideration. I should be eating 1300-1400 cals a day to lose 2lbs a week and I was in shut down mode and that is why have not lost since liquids, but that either way, I've lost 17lbs since my last visit with her and she is way impressed. So I actually felt like some things were addressed and I know what I need to eat, how I'm going to do 1300 cals when I can hardly do 1000 I don't know but I'll figure it out.

Last, I was so very happy, my bp was 110/70 .... no meds in months!!! I don't even know the last time I was that low!

Pamela, I am so ready for my picnic with Hillary! I am going to bring my camera, maybe I can get a good pic of me. Have a jean mini skirt, white flip flops and I'm not sure what top yet, I am wearing a T-shirt for my friend who is running for legislator. I am excited - and almost look great.

Ya know what does kill me, tonight my step sister came into work, she is ohhhhhhhhhh a size 6-8 on a bad day and shows me how big her pants are getting because of her detox diet. I was kind of pissed off and said "I've lost 60lbs" and her reply was I guess I can't top that. Not you can tell, you look great... nothing...

I need motivation... I need to hear it....

Anyway, I'm going up to bed, very long day, I've been running since 8am!

Good morning, Violets. I'll try to be quiet cause I know most of you are still sleeping. I'm up at the crack of 6:30 to get ready for my flute rehearsal. Our quartet is playing for service tomorrow.

Today our son's dog is coming to live with us. His new wife doesn't like the dog and told him he had to get rid of it. Don't even get me going on my DDIL. Let's just say, she's the mother of my grandson, and if it weren't for that... well.... nuff said. Anyway... Jetta is coming to live with us as his only other opteion was to have her put down. I just couldn't handle that. She has lived with us before and almost totally destroyed our house. SHe's the reason we have wood floors instead of carpet. She scratched the heck our of our patio door window and ruined my flower beds before. She's been with DS for about 3 years now and I haven't seen her that much. Hopefully she has calmed down a little, but I said we couldn't have her in the house because of our yorkies and of course Ethan being with us during the week. Sooooooo she will camp out in the garage and in a special area we fenced off in the back yard. We're finishing that up with a gate and some straw for her today. Oh what we don't do for our kids!!!

I'm off to finish my cottage cheese and blueberries and then get my hair into some kind of order before I head to rehearsal. Everyone have a great Saturday and remember.............WWJD?? (I told my cruising buddies about that last night and they just howled! Terry, you're a hit!!)

Good morning, Violets. I'll try to be quiet cause I know most of you are still sleeping. I'm up at the crack of 6:30 to get ready for my flute rehearsal. Our quartet is playing for service tomorrow.

Today our son's dog is coming to live with us. His new wife doesn't like the dog and told him he had to get rid of it. Don't even get me going on my DDIL. Let's just say, she's the mother of my grandson, and if it weren't for that... well.... nuff said. Anyway... Jetta is coming to live with us as his only other opteion was to have her put down. I just couldn't handle that. She has lived with us before and almost totally destroyed our house. SHe's the reason we have wood floors instead of carpet. She scratched the heck our of our patio door window and ruined my flower beds before. She's been with DS for about 3 years now and I haven't seen her that much. Hopefully she has calmed down a little, but I said we couldn't have her in the house because of our yorkies and of course Ethan being with us during the week. Sooooooo she will camp out in the garage and in a special area we fenced off in the back yard. We're finishing that up with a gate and some straw for her today. Oh what we don't do for our kids!!!

I'm off to finish my cottage cheese and blueberries and then get my hair into some kind of order before I head to rehearsal. Everyone have a great Saturday and remember.............WWJD?? (I told my cruising buddies about that last night and they just howled! Terry, you're a hit!!)

Judy Better call the "Dog Whisperer" ASAP!

Jennifer Did you get your package

I'm down 2lbs this am:clap2::clap2:

WOW -- I left Tuesday on a business trip - and I just got caught up -- whew... Pg 330 to 341.

TracyinKS: Thanks for inquiry and sorry I didn't mention i would be out of loop for a while. I lurk more than post and didn't think I would be missed. It is great being a VIOLET - we are all loved! Your lawnmowing picture - you look like a different person. Congrat's on the 232.3 - they ALL will be jelous at the wedding. Stand proud and confident -- and have FUN!

Teachlady: Great job on the money-making garage sale! And thank you for saving Jetta's life -- I absolutely love animals. If you still have issues -- try taking to obedience training. What breed is Jetta?

Kat817: Please have a safe trip with lots of fun and pictures! I really enjoy see pictures from everyone.

Mdrai: I agree - I would like a bit more help from the band. This journey has been a lot slower than I ever would have imagined.

MsJen: Thanks for the recipe - sounds yummy.

Kity: You sound so organized and energized. I barely get the house cleaned and keep the weeds out of the flowerbeds. Keep up the great work and love to see pictures as well.

Janiebug: Fantastic news having the tube removed. I hope you do well at curves!

lost_secret: Welcome - you have great results! Keep posting updates.

TerriDoodle: I had my most recent fill 7/12 -- and you are right it changes -- must take everything slow.

Josiebies - great news --you can eat!

Jennifur - cruise from Norfolk? I will help if that is waht is decided. I live in the Hampton Roads area.

I finished the "Lap-Band for Life" by Ariel Ortiz Lagardere MD FACS this trip. (Yes I travel a lot - I try to keep it to everyother week - that's my goal.)

His Guidelines and Nutrition for Success is eat from every food group at each meal. This is totally different than what my doctor's guidelines were. I keep a journal of my journey of things I learn and notes for quick and easy reference and refresher. Once I journal my notes regarding his suggestions - I will post if you Shinking Violet's are interested.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Gina

Hi violet sistas...

Just taking a break from my break :)

I wanted to pop in and say hello!

Quick check in!

Tracy & Jenn... have a great time @ your events... we want PICTURES!

Kat... That sure does put things in perspective and remind me to be GRATEFUL EVERY DAY for all my blessings.

Ok, so last night was a BLAST! We had SO much fun at the HP Book Release Party! Everyone LOVED our costumes... we had loads of complete strangers asking for pictures with us! Then DS & his friend, who went as the twins Fred & George Weasly, won the Boys' Costume Contest! :) + we got our books, of course... we were home by about 1:15 or so... I whipped up some omelets as we were all starving, gobbled them down, and sat down to READ! DS & I each have our own copy, so no fighting! We read 'til 4am, then I HAD to go to sleep, & he did too. But he woke up earlier than me (I got up @8... I'm too old to do 4-hrs of sleep anymore!), so now he's further along in the book than I am.

The book is great so far... but the events unfolding in it are horrible... really awful... and I actually have a knot in my stomach as I continue to read... I can't see how this has a chance of ending well... oh my gosh!

It's a GORGEOUS day here, so I refuse to be in the house all day, so dd & I are going to the pool where I can read in the sunshine! I can't wait to see how many folks are also reading the book there today!

Oh -- down a teensy bit (.4) today... but it's still DOWN! Monday is supposed to be my 2nd fill, but lately (the past 3 or so days), EVERY time I eat I feel "stuck" and have to stop & walk it off. & that's eating only about 1/2 of the little bit I serve myself! So I am trying to figure if it's the band, or if it's me still eating too much (big bites) too fast. That's what I think it is, honestly... I get going and BAM! I need to remember Judy's rules!!! So we'll see about Monday, I guess...

Ok, time to get back to the book!!! Have a great day, everyone!

I just had your delicious cottage cheese, blueberries and splenda for lunch. I decided to add some walnuts to it, guess what? It was wonderful! Thanks again for sharing!

Hello Violets.. I too am taking a break finally!! I'm sipping on my slushy Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade. yummy. We got the enclosed area all done for Jetta today. Nice gate, nice little place for her to stay outside and not get into the major part of the yard. Now.. if she doesn't dig a hole to get under the fence we'll be fine!! She'll be in the garage for the next day because of the garden tour.

I went to a nursery that was having a sale and I got the most GORGEOUS hanging plants ever for only $8.00 a piece!! They are mammoth and will look great for tomorrow. They'll think I've been babying them all summer!

I'm going to go out now and do the trimming so DH can mow after his nap. Then we'll do the clean up and be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDRAI..... are you going to share pics with us????

GINA.... Jetta looks to be a German shepherd mix. She's a mutt that was dropped off at Walmart and of course DS couldn't resist. The vet here has a home placement program and they will work hard on getting her a good home. In the meantime we'll be taking care of her so she doesn't have to be put down. I'm crossing my fingers that it all works out alright.

BUBBLES.... that dish has become one of my all-time favorites. It's quick, easy and very tasty plus high in Protein. I have it almost every morning for Breakfast now. Don't know what I'll do when blueberries go out of season! Guess I'll revert back to the pineapple chunks I used to put in it.

OK.. back to work. Will check in later!

Hi everyone!

Judy - I usually use frozen raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with my cottage cheese. They work great! When i pour my coffee in the morning, I also pour my frozen berries in a bowl and by the time I'm ready to eat, they're thawed out.

I got my beading area all organized -- again-- and it looks great. You can imagine how difficult that is. I have 250+ different kinds of beads, plus all kinds of wire, stringing materials, hammers, tools, books and findings. My dining room is my 'studio' so to keep in functioning as a dining room it has to be oraganized very well. Sad part is that I hardly ever have time to work anymore! But my daughter loves it, too....and it's something that we do together when she's here.

Went to get my hair cut, mani & pedi....then later we're going out to a nice dinner with my good friend & her new beau! Can't wait to give him the once over. But I am SO tired! I haven't slept worth a darn for 3 nights :car: .

I'm holding at 192 but I'm not complaining!

Michelle - sounds like you're having a blast with your book and the party. I agree that we need pics!! I think I read 20 pages of the 1st book and that is it. I WAS very impressed with her writing - so incredibly imaginative!! I'll have to give them another go. Looking for something fun to read now anyway.

speaking of which....ANYONE READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY?? No Tom Clancy or Danielle Steele, please! LOL I like believable characters in realistic situations.... love southern fiction, too.

Gina - good to be home, eh? what kind of work do you do?

Judy - glad your friends liked our little joke....but did you tell them it's not really a joke???? And thank you from me too about saving poor Jetta. I'm a big animal lover too. Had to put our beautiful Golden down in February and we miss her so much. I just love on doggies whenever I get the chance. They built a new bark park not far from here and I can't wait til the Fall and I'll go visit them there. It's so much fun! We don't have any plans for getting another dog for a year or two. We want to do some traveling, and may be moving at some point soon. I'll pray that Jetta finds a forever home real soon.

Jenn - Interesting about the need for you to up your calories! I can think of plenty of ways to get them up: Rocky Road, Butter Pecan, Double Dutch chocolate, Coffee, Peppermint, Cookies & Cream, Strawberry....to name but a few. :car:

TracyK - I'm glad I didn't go to Vinton with you! I had money for a mani/pedi today! (Sorry!)

Hey all....... well, I am soooooooooo tired, I can barely keep my eyes open!! I worked in the back yard alllllllllll day today. It is now officially ready for the garden tour tomorrow. Jetta arrived at about 6:30 and she is the same dog I remember... really hyper, BUT she calmed down some after she was here and right now she's being very quiet in the garage. We'll see how she does tonight. We let her run in the back yard and I played catch with her while I was in the hot tub. First throw ended up in the tree two feet away from me.. so out of the hot tub... shake the tree, get the ball, throw it.... get back in the hot tub... wait for Jetta to bring me the ball and do the exact same thing again.. arghhhhhhhhhh Obviously my talent does not lie in pitching!!!

DS said he would come by tomorrow and pick up Jetta for a few hours so she won't interfere with the tour. I thought that was a very good thing.

Soooooooo Jetta has avoided the executioner and hopefully will find a nice home to go to. If not... she'll be campin' out here. Ohhhhhhhh we do have to get her a muzzle. I brought out the yorkies to meet her and she bared her teeth and growled, so I didn't even put them down on the ground. They all might have to take turns out in the back yard.

I'm going to call it a night and relax with a couple of magazines. Everyone have a good one and remember.........WWJD??!!!

Hey... where did everybody go????

Good morning, Violets.

Today is weigh in day and I lost 3#!!! Only two more til I hit -50#, my mini-goal for Aug. 10th which will be my 4 month bandiversary.

Things went quite well last night with Jetta. She was quiet most of the night, but I can't say the same for Chippy and Kirby, my yorkies. They came downstairs and started barking at the garage door knowing there was a stranger there and of course Jetta had to bark back. I got the two little ones corralled and shut the bedroom door so they couldn't roam, but I kept waking up every little bit expecting to hear Jetta barking. It never happened and I h ope tonight I'll get a better night's sleep. All in all, it's working out ok for now.

Time to get dressed for church. Everyone have a great Sunday.

I heard last night that Tammy Faye Baker died Friday. And she was just on Larry King on Thursday. So sad.

Hi guys

just wanted to say good mornning.

Gina - I'm checking out some info, my mom offered to keep the kids so I can go and have fun. I found an 8 day cruise out of NYC for $749 per person or $899 for an ocean view. I have a local travel agent, I'm going to get some info, I have been researching and I had a friend take a cruise and it was not all inclusive and she spend a fortune on food and drinks.< /p>

If I was going alone, I might consider vegas for a weekend - I would have to be very drugged or wasted. I would so love to take a cruise

Anyway I'm holding 221 - I couldn't eat a thing there yesterday. I tried a burger but it was so dry I almost died. I ended up having sunchips and chinese eggplant when I got to work at 7.

Well, once I wake up I'll catch up on post, I got home at midnight and my mom is here so I've been up for ever it seems. I need coffee

The British Open is on. My husband is obsessed. If I hear ONE MORE STORY about golf or golfers I AM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND. :car:

Jennifer

yes, thank you I did get it either Friday or yesterday, I just got my mail from the past 2 crazy days.

I am going to try to scan the info into a word document and I'll post it so that anyone who wants it can post it.

I just had a 350 cal breakfast.

1 pita - 2eggs 1/4 c shredded cheese.(80cals!)1/2 c zuccini.

so very full

Terry- yes can you imagine. band or no band, 13-1400 cals is what a person my size should have and maintain to lose 2lbs a week. Funny how 3 months ago I would have thought THAT'S IT?????? now I'm thinking holy crap... HOW AM I EVERY GOING TO EAT THAT MUCH?????

Well, I have not lost an ounce since I increased but I'm going to stick with it for a couple weeks... what is the worst thing that could happen, I don't lose anything else? I would be nuts but I do know I'm working hard and seeing results. Although, I felt like everyone was looking at me as a total fat a$$ yesterday, I thought I looked cute when I left. the 18 skirt is even a tad big but a 16 would have been too small. I forgot my camera so I didn't get pics, but... my mom is here and she is a camera nut!!!

Anyway, I'm off to mow the lawn, it is a mess from all the rain - and maybe off to the gym and to work at 3.

tomorrow is a six flags day with my daughter, her friend, and my sister. she is not going to bring her young kids and I'm leaving my 3 year old with my mom and her kids, so I hope to have fun - and tomorrow night we are going to go to the drive-ins to see Ratattoui and License to Wed. My son's first drive in.

I hope you all have a great day! I will be back later

oh... as far as relaxing vacation.... I am on a mission to find something this week.

Cruise might be so much fun but very expensive for what it is - and for a family for those who would bring them.... might put some people into shock (MYSELF included)

I am going to do some research into a spa type of resort, that would have things to do for everyone, kids and the VIOLETS - and for those with supporting spouses....something for them just in case they don't want to put up with us ... LOL

Anyone have suggestions? I'll do all the leg work. I think I'm going to be putting together a family reunion for the week of the 4th next year to Ocean City or somewhere close to there.