Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey there ladies,

man, i vanish for a day and so much going on. It was hair day at my bff's house. We did the top of mine spice and the bottom is jet black. I love this color. the last one was my winter color and was too dark for this time of year (that was in the photo I posted) you almost couldn't tell I had 2 tone hair.

Anyway Jennifer thank you so much for posting that info... what book was it? and can I order the book?

Kat, Terry - and everyone I missed thanks for your support, I actually have backed off the workouts too, Monday I did total weights, Tuesday took the day off, Wed I did 30 mins on treadmill and arms, Today 30 mins and legs - and tomorrow I'm going to treadmill and do a full body workout and take weekend off.

You gals are doing FANTASTIC I really can't complain too much 40lbs in 3 months is great and my friend gave me a pr of small 18's capris

today that fit a little snug but could tell was a size 16. I'll take that, I never thought I would ever get to that point again.

I hope everyone is having a good day, I'm going to have a veggie omlet for dinner. and tomorrow am I have an 11am appt so I'll fill you all in.

Anyway Jennifer thank you so much for posting that info... what book was it? and can I order the book? quote]

Bob Greene's Total Body Make Over

An Accelerated Progrm of Exercise for Mazimum Results in Minimum Time.

He is Oprah's exercise guru.

Jennifer - thanks I'm going to look for it, sounds like it is full of useful info

Haydee- So the house worked out! I am so excited for you. That 7 Layer dip sounds great, how do you make homemade refried Beans, they are one of my favorite foods.!

I found this great web site that give nutrition info for fruits and veggies

Fruits & Veggies More Matters thought I would share

I had a left over burger with a couple pcs of colby jack and a bit of ranch... I patiently waited for Water and then I've had two glasses of water.... and that has been it......... I'm setting my sites on 232 so that I can hit 40lbs... the 220's....... just typing it makes getting to ONEderland more of a reality.

Dbf called and said that my early morning workout is out for tomorrow because he has to leave early for work.... I may be able to get it in after work tomorrow but we'll see....

I'm getting ready to dive back into my book...

tomorrow then

Well ladies

i only had 900 cals today

Breakfast

pita

2slices cheese

2 turkey sausage

lunch

3 chicken tenders w/hotsauce

dinner

2 eggs

1 pita

1/2 cup zuccini

1/2 c cheese

1/2 c ice cream

I was worried about the cals in my chicken tenders, but i still got a variety.

I have to go to dr in the am for fasting bloodwork, so that is why I had icecream with dinner. LOL

Tracy

you are sooooo funny, but great way to look at it.

I was just reading an article about belly fat/weight loss - and it said 60mins each day alternating weights and exercise. I have already established this so I guess in August my challange will be for cardio to be at 60mins and not 30mins

Good night Gals

I am off to bed early on my night off....

I was looking at other groups tonight, and it just confirmed how much i love and appreciate my violets.

night all

Good night Gals

I am off to bed early on my night off....

I was looking at other groups tonight, and it just confirmed how much i love and appreciate my violets.

night all

Sweet dreams, darlin'!! We love you, too!

Well, i went way over 900 calories today, I know that! After lunch I was already at 700. I think I prolly had 1700 calories today!! :eek: I woke up hungry and just stayed hungry all day. Where I BLEW it was at Quiznos! I had 1/2 of a Raspberry Chipotle Chopped chicken salad. Got back to work and found out that the dang thing has 900+ calories!!!! (No wonder I was so fat...I ate those all the time!) Then I had 1/2 c of SF ice cream. Then I had 1/2 banana and 2 TBSP Peanut Butter at 4:00p. Then I met DH for a late dinner at Carrabba's....had an italian salad, a cup of chicken Soup, bread crust and olive oil! Oh, and a glass of wine!! :D Oh well, I'll do better tomorrow! Maybe I won't be so dang hungry! Going to visit with my mom who is a chocolate freak and it's all over her house. No, I obviously didn't get HER genes. She's always been 5'8" and 140# no matter what she eats. My daughter got 'em though, thank God!

PAMELA - Did your other window bids come in lower?

Jenn - What is "Page Ranking" ?? I've seen that a couple of times recently, have no idea what it is.

I'm so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open. But I ate so late now I have to stay up til it digests. Also....invited DH to a 'party' in the bedroom later. WHAT WAS I THINKING? :phanvan

Good evening, Violets. We just got back from a dinner meeting. DH and I split a walleye dinner. I got the salad, he got the potatoes and we split the fish. It was yummy and just enough to fill us up.

We had horrible weather today.. thunderstorms and then just before we left it started to hail penny sized hailstones. When it was done it looked like winter!! The golf course was white and there was a "hail drift" in front of the restaurant! It's now 57 degrees and looks and feels like fall. There goes my warm pool temp. Got to get up early for the garage sale tomorrow. I'll check in when I can. Supposed to be sunny all day so my fingers are crossed for a good sale.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well and remember.. WWJD!!:D

Hey Violets~

Wow...I am bushed. Went to doctor, attorney, had the guys and the cleaning lady all here today, then started working in the closet at noon. I should explain: I have a 3 bedroom house, and I live here alone (except when Susanne is here, until she moves in). I use the master as my bedroom, and the smallest room as my office (I had built-ins put in...love this room)! Then the other room (it is huge, it used to be 2 rooms in the 1970's) I had Closet World come and I turned this room into my closet. But during my remodel 2 years ago, I used "the closet" as the room where all the crap goes when rooms were getting redone. I never painted or carpeted this room, because it was the only one big enough to house the stuff when the other rooms were getting done. So now...this was the week. Acoustic removal, paint, ceiling paint, new fixtures, and new carpet (got moved to next Wed). I will take some pix next week...it looks great. Susanne is still working on it, she likes the details. I quit at 7:15 and took a needed shower. I did make her some spagetti w/ sausage...I only had some meat/sauce. So when she finishes and showers, I will make her a nice hot dinner...she really worked hard today. Tomorrow is do nothing day!!!! Not even the gym...I don't care (whispers so the gym nazi doesn't hear me)...but I've worked harder this week than ever.

Gonna go see what Susanne is up to. Ill check in later.

And, PS...I only remember Judy's full body in the jumper...and rest was just our faces...but yes, I am sure we were skinny!

xoxo

And, PS...I only remember Judy's full body in the jumper...and rest was just our faces...but yes, I am sure we were skinny!xoxo

Or were we just little avatars with no bodies???

Jenn, homemade Beans are easy to make. I've seen my mom do it hundreds of times. Have I ever actually made them myself? Uh, no. My mom cooks beans about three times a week. She makes enough so that me and my sisters can all bring a gallon size ziploc bag home with us. So we never actually have to cook beans. I'll really pay attention this Sunday so I can share.

Terri, that chipotle rasberry salad at Quiznos was always my favorite too. I could eat the whole dang thing. Then I found out how bad it was!! How can salad be sooo bad? I then started to pay attention to everything. Even the things I thought were "safe".

Good night all, I'm really sleepy now.

Hi Girlies--

Thought I'd check in with you before we leave in the morning. I think I have most things ready to go---I have most of our stuff ready to go I think. Last minute stuff in the morning, and I am good to go. I just finished cleaning the kitchen, I cannot stand to leave a messy house. I want it clean when I come home---I will be tired, and I want to be able to come in, kick back and do nothing til the next day. So I have been cleaning! We went to dinner with our friends, and did our shopping for the camping---and I think we have enough! It is nice going with them, they are very considerate of my being banded, they shop and cook accordingly. My friend and I shared a salad for dinner. We had to laugh about it, we were sitting at a pub style table for 4. The tall ones, I think they are called Pub style....anyway--we sat as usual a couple on each side of the table. We were commenting that we may have to move if Becky and I were sharing a meal. The guys didn't think that they wanted to sit together!!! Then they buzzed our little tile letting us know our dinner was ready (we were at Fuddruckers)--and when we went to get it---we just cracked up---the plate was like 18 inches square! Seriously! We sat across from each other, and did not have to reach! I didn't eat much....dinner time is never my big eating time anymore. lunch was a half a BLT, and breakfast was yogurt & granola. Ate some popcorn with the girls, and a handful of pistachios. Was just not a hungry day.....must have left my hunger with Terry. Kinda wierd when that happens....I always wonder if everything in there is ok. But it always seems to bounce back! Day after tomorrow will be 1 year since my last fill! I still have restriction so have never had another adjustment. I have seen the Dr. twice, but not been filled. I think occasionally about it, but hate to tamper with what is working, slowly now, but working!

My hair is driving me crazy. I told you it finally quit falling out---and is growing back. The new hair is about 1 1/2 inches, maybe 2...and it looks like hell! Curly little hair everywhere! I am glad, don't get me wrong, you can no longer see my scalp anywhere! But this is not long enough to "do" anything with. My niece by marriage, smart ass that she is, tells me "It is called hairspray and a comb".....I wanted to say so many hateful things to her!!! She is a nail tech with the worst nails you EVER saw! She is no bigger than a minute, and dumber than a box of rocks....seriously! I always try to give her the benefit of the doubt, she had a rough time as a child, her Mom (my BIL's sister) was murdered when she was just a kid--7 I think. She and her brother were bounced from relative to relative from then on. Her Mom was shot, and then put in her car, and the car torched. They never solved the case---and think it was a woman who killed her. She was only like 4'11" and 100 pounds...but she was drug through the house---not carried. Anyway, it is figured some married man she fooled around withs wife was not happy. And now danged if the daughter is not making just as stupid of decisions. She just has no direction---and no drive, going to quit doing nails to work at McDonalds......which is not a bad job, but she spent all her state money to get her license to do nails, and is now quitting that too. So long story ---but I know I shouldn't get pissy with her comments, but Hairspray and a comb? Arrgghh!!! I am not a big "product" user anyway---but give me a break!

Oh my---I am truly rambling, it is time for me to go~~will see you all on Sunday! We are off to feel the breeze on our knees!

Take care---it'll take me hours to catch up to y'all after that long!!!

Kat

Good morning, Violets. Anybody awake yet?? I got up at 6:30 so I could have a leisurely breakfast before the garage sale starts. It looks like it's going to be a nice day. I have a couple of signs to make and then I'll be ready for the rush... hopefully there WILL be a rush!! I'm on my own today. DD will be here at 1 to help me close up and pack the leftovers away for another sale later this summer.

Pamela... can't wait to see pics of you coming out of the closet. I'm sorry.. I just had to say that... :rolleyes::D

Terry.. did you have fun at your "party"last night?? Lots of other comments I can think of, but I'll keep them to myself. After all I AM a pastor's wife.. hehehehe

Ok.. enough of my wit and humor.. arghhhh.. time to go get dressed, make the signs and get the paper. Looks like a Protein Meal Replacement bar for lunch today,which will be ok since we're going out for dinner tonight.

Everyone have a great morning. I'll report back with my profits this afternoon.. And remember... WWJD!

Kat... have a great trip. We'll try to keep the posts to a minimum while you're gone... Yeah, right!!!