Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Yes, actually 10lbs today, but should be back to 12 after I can go to the bathroom ... LOL

So where is everyone? what is a central location?

I think that would be so much fun

good morning! Michelle.. . you crack me up with the wonderment of early morning risers! :)

My 3 year old decided to jump into my bed this morning at 5:00 a.m. so I let him snuggle a bit and then when he fell back asleep I got up and started my coffee.< /p>

I took some near nekid pics last night ... bra and undies for my eyes only to see the differences along the way...........

My scale teetered on 240 but settled on 240.4 this morning........ PLEASE SEND UP A PRAYER FOR ME THAT TOMORROW I ENTER THE 230's! I will be in Omaha Saturday and won't be able to weigh til Monday.... I really need to be in the 230's so that I hold my resolve over the weekend with the boys in a hotel.............. Last summer I had gotten myself down to 235.5 so beating that will be my next focus.

time to fill my water...... back later

Tracy... that's exactly what it is... "wonderment at early risers"! & here's your cheering for today: "Go Tracy! Go Tracy! You can do it! You can do it! Hello 230s! No Count Chocula! Yay Tracy!" :)

Terry... I don't know why I write that... "I'm going now..." "I'm back!"... like anyone is keeping track! ha ha ha!

Jenn... Well, after much huffing & puffing (it never used to be so difficult) (sorry if TMI!!!) I can cross THAT off my list for today. Phew! Good luck!

I'm in Maryland... will plane, train, or auto anywhere... any time (pretty much)... just give me some time to make arrangements & save up some dough! Vegas? A spa (I love Ariz for spas!)? A cruise? Just daydreaming about a trip is nice!

I say we plan something for next April.. we'll all be hovering around our 1 year bandiversary. Any ideas for a place?? The general board is talking about Vegas. But we can decide what would be easiest and most reasonable for most of us.

Jenn... Well, after much huffing & puffing (it never used to be so difficult) (sorry if TMI!!!) I can cross THAT off my list for today. Phew! Good luck! LOL yes tmi, but I'm jealous.

I'm in Maryland... will plane, train, or auto anywhere... any time (pretty much)... just give me some time to make arrangements & save up some dough! Vegas? A spa (I love Ariz for spas!)? A cruise? Just daydreaming about a trip is nice!

I so wish I could fly, maybe a weekend trip without the kids so i can be drugged, but I get horribly air sick so it is not even enjoyable if I could get over the fear itself.

where are you in MD? I love it from MD down to Hilton Head - trying to find a place to settle down there for my big 5 year plan. I am trying to plan a family reunion for next year and was shooting for Ocean City area, which is in the middle of all my family

April is a great idea, Judy! By then we'll hardly recognize ourselves! :)

I know! Let's all "hop the pond" & visit Lunasa & SaraMos (where is she, by the way??)

<p>Jenn... You could take a train???</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm in Frederick, MD... sort of the middle of the state... an hour north of Wash, DC & an hour west of Baltimore, about 30 mins south of PA.</p> <p> </p> <p>I hear that OC is fun... a bit too touristy for my taste, tho... we go to Bethany Beach, DE, as our "regular" beach spot, it's very family-friendly, low-key, old-fashioned. But the Outer Banks of NC are really beautiful & I know they have a lot of BIG houses for rent for family gatherings, etc... I'd vote for there if I was getting family together.</p>

Jenn... You could take a train???

I could take a train, but could drive just as fast, (i've looked into it) I enjoy driving, I just drove straight to Myrtle Beach, which was a 14hour drive for me.

I'm in Frederick, MD... sort of the middle of the state... an hour north of Wash, DC & an hour west of Baltimore, about 30 mins south of PA.

OH that is not too far about a 5hr drive, I could do that in my sleep. LOL

I hear that OC is fun... a bit too touristy for my taste, tho... we go to Bethany Beach, DE, as our "regular" beach spot, it's very family-friendly, low-key, old-fashioned. But the Outer Banks of NC are really beautiful & I know they have a lot of BIG houses for rent for family gatherings, etc... I'd vote for there if I was getting family together.

It was touristy, but we stayed on the North end away from the boardwalk area. I will have to check out Bethany Beach, My family likes to drink heavily, but some of the older ones who drank too much in their day do like to do things, relaxing things, My dad just got back from Luguna Beach, NC and they went to the belt mansion and did a tour, stuff like that.

I am so undecided... should I take today off from the gym? what to do what to do?

Terry hereby gives you permission to take ONE day off from the gym.

I would like to be part of the July exercise challenge. Could someone please brief me on what this months challenge is...it would save me the time of going back some 100 pages to find it. :nervous

I would like to be part of the July exercise challenge. Could someone please brief me on what this months challenge is...it would save me the time of going back some 100 pages to find it. :nervous

It is whatever you want it to be. Each month we all set our goals and do our best to meet them.

Take a look at our signatures, we put them there and update them as we do an exercise.

see, i have mine broken down by weights and basically aerobic exercise so I make sure I do both

Ok this is how I feel today :ranger:... so thank you for your permission Terry, I think I'm going to just take today off.

I book travel all the time here at work, so I did this real quick...

If we went to Vegas in April 4th for 3 nights, these are some hotel rates :

Golden Nugget - $367 (downtown, not on the strip, but newly renovated and very nice)

Bally's $517 (good location on the strip)

Flamingo $520 (older hotel, good location)

Harrah's $435 (a fun party hotel, good location)

Paris $677 (upscale, good location, on the rail)

I also did a sample airfare from Houston and it was $560. Normally we can get a fare of around $250-300. I assume it's higher in April because it's their peak season.

So that's roughly $1100 for 3 nights! Ouch! We could cruise out of Galveston (Houston) on Carnival for way cheaper than that.

Wow that would be fun! Las Vegas in April!!!

I am craving something sweet today!!! I am never going to lose what I want to lose by mid August if I keep giving in. I am very hungry, scrambled eggs or a smoothie is just not going to cut it today!!!

Jane