Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

hi everyone,

want to check in....i had my second fill yesterday. it's great not to feel hungry. i was starting to think about food too much.

i did a kickbox class this monring. it is so humid that i felt like i would faint. but i forced myself to stay. in past if i allowed myself to leave a class early...i would do it more often then not. so if i dont start letting myself leave early...the feeling usually passes

gonnabfree: happy hunting at the garage sale.

Kat: wow you must have alot of energy to have had a daycare. i love kids....but i find the older i'm getting...the less endurance i have. my niece went to new mexico this winter with her college friends and they had a ball. a very interesting state

lunasa: i didnt know that about the word fanny...no wonder people would look weird when i'd say "get up off your fanny" ha! thanks for the news about TT. is your doctor in the UK?

puddy: i was having a similar situation. i even went to a bootcamp a few weeks ago to ramp up my exercise....and the weight didnt move the way i thought it should. so i decided to get rid of my scale and only weigh 1 time a month. i decided to focus on cleaning up my food (which was getting very sloppy)

yesterday at the doctors i dropped 5 lbs. i know with weights initially i may not lose weight but a few weeks down the road it speeds up the metabolism and the weight comes off. i also started focusing on the size of my clothes the scale is like a devil to me

mdrai: thanks for welcome....i hear ya' about a fill calming the "hunger monster". today is the first day in awhile i dont have the voices.

teachlady: thats a funny sight you describe in the new uniform. i heard something funny about low rider jeans. they said some people look like muffins in them....isnt that an apt description when the belly rolls over the pants. ha!

jennifur: you're right. it stinks to get up to go to the gym...but the afterglow is worth it. i feel like "i'm one with the earth" ha!

tracyin ks + tracy K : congrats on your loss....

terri: you mentioned a support meeting monday night. where is the meeting? have you gone to the thursday night one at starbucks near I-10/fri road?

gotta go...i've been putting off cleaning up my back patio....the spiders are taking it over....

Michelle

crock pot you can do anything, my neighbor puts veggies in with pork and potatoes, she is off the boat Irish and puts potatoes in everything. LOL some onions and garlic and lets it go all day, tender and yummy.

Fix it and Forget it Lightly... it is a great crock pot cook book and most everything in it is made semi healthy, or you can adjust ingredients

Michelle

thanks, it would be good, not great pay to start but I guess when changing careers you have to start somewhere

well, I am off to find something to wear to work. It is so freaking humid here, hopefully the last day, and of course I have to go to work at the pizza shop tonight so I'm going to wear something I can get away with while we are closed and then put a tshirt on when we open. I'll probably get yelled at

oh well, so i'm sure I'll have lots of catching up to do tonight with this busy group

fun fun

Ok.. that's it!!! Everyone needs to take a big, deep breath and type s l o w l y... I was gone for a flute rehearsal and now that I'm back, I've missed 3,000 conversations it seems!!! You need to slow down for this old lady!!!

GONNABFREE: Nope, don't live in Port Huron. I just drive 4 hours to get there where my doctor is. Good luck with the garage sale though.. Sounds like fun!

MDRAI: congrats on the fill. Don't ya love hoisting your legs up while the doc hunts for the port? Sure am glad I didn't have to hold them there long!! My next fill is the 30th of July. I will be ready for it then. I can't seem to slow down and take a half hour with my meals. I'm not hungry in between, but I know with a fill I'm going to regret eating fast..

JENNIFUR: sending good vibes your way for the new job. Hope you hear soon.

KAT: after having taught Kindergarten and second grade for 32 years, just having my own grandchildren to babysit seems sooooo easy! Well, most days anyway. I only have the one nearby right now, but DD has promised me another in the next couple of years. They do have babies just so we grandparents will be happy, right??

PUDDY: welcome to our group.!! I use ebay a lot. Some of the clothes I'm selling are from there. I've found really nice deals and have been pleased for the most part. But it's time to part with all those "fluffy lady" clothes!

Ya know ladies, if we started charging an entrance fee to the group, we might make ourselves a little dough here!! Course TracyinKS would reap the rewards since she started this thread eons ago. Bet you never thought it would take off like this, did ya????

JOSIE: kudos to you on the kick boxing. I think that would really do me in. Biking and Water aerobics and Curves are my challenges. Smacking and kicking someone around only works on DH.. hehehe

Ok.. I think I'm caught up! whew.. I don't dare leave this site for too long anymore!

I continue to be amazed at how little I eat now. I just got thru eating a salad that I always ordered in the past, but now only finished.... mmmm ... maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of it.

BTW, I dropped to a new low today too! What is it?? The moon, or what??

Once more for Judy:

Byyyy theeee waaaaaay..... Iiiiii drrrrrrooopppped tooooo aaaaaa neeeew loooow tooooooodayyyyy tooooooo......... ;)

Wow! I even got the Shaking Titties Banana!! Thanks Tracy!! I'm all choked up!

Welcome puddy and everyone!

Gonnabefree and Michelle: Congrats on Fill #1

Lunasa: OMG......... FANNY! Water snorted out of my nose when I read the UK definition... ;)

Pork Steak is just a different cut of pork often by the chops.. it has more marbled fat which is why it is soooooo tender when you slow cook it. I just place it in a pan and dump a jar of the ragu roasted garlic alfredo sauce and a can of mushrooms bake on 200 for a couple hours (or put it in a crock pot) and it is sooooo good... I've even used the sauce as a Soup. My mom used to always put pork steak in her burritos.. those are the best.

I finished my payroll I finally figured out how to send a picture from my phone to my email address..... here is today's lunch..... white stuff is 3 cheese ranch dressing.

lunchtoday.jpg

Thank yew. Between Terry's sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow typing and Tracy's BIG FONT... I think I might be able to catch up now!! And a rock on for your weight loss,Terry!!!:rockon:

TracyKs- you inspired me to learn the same skill. Behold! below is a photo I've taken of my pencil/pad/clip-organizer-thingy from my desk. :)

Just wait til you get your next fill -- you'll only be able to eat 1/2 of that and it will take you 45 minutes!! ;)

post-213702-1381313526029_thumb.gif

I can't wait to eat my nanner! See my nanner?? That is, if I ever get hungry again!

Oh my, I hope there isn't a UK definition for "nanner", too! :omg:

I don't feel any different... should I feel different?... I should, shouldn't I?? Water goes down the same... popsicle the same...

I want restriction! & I want it NOW!

Please.

(Terry -- 1/2 of that will satisfy AND take 45 mins to eat???????)

Teachlady, I just tried your cottage cheese, blueberries & Splenda, it was wonderful! I think that I just found a new favorite meal! I believe that I will have it everyday for lunch, YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!