Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I just got back----walked to Curves and worked out, and walked home. I felt great walking home, I did it, I made myself get out of the house and go!!

I had only lost 3 pounds this last month. I also lost 2 inches...I lost 3 but had gained an inch in the bust...so cancelled some out, and the bust measurement changes dependent upon which bra I am wearing.....dangit! Anyway....back in October when I began Curves, my body fat percentage was 54% it said. Today, my body fat percentage is 30.4%----and I was well hydrated today too! I had already had over 60 ounces of water---I drank my 3rd 20 oz bottle of Water on my walk down....plus have had iced tea as well, so hydration was up...

I'll tell you what, it still sends a little thrill through me when I get on one of those scales like they use, and I can take the little weight and put it on 150-----!!! I went for years having to put it on the 200 then up to the 250......so I was excited when I got back to putting it on 200---and now it is back into the 1's......I used to use my mass to block it from anyone's view! Would opt out of weighing at the Dr.'s office. Now, I don't care!!!!! I know there are people having this surgery who are not much bigger to begin with than I am now, but this is such a difference from where I was, I am thrilled and proud! AND I am exercising again!!! WoooHooo!!!!

Judy, I am the same way, I have tons of clothes to get rid of. I need to pop over to some of the threads, who are prepping for surgery in the next month or 2 and see if anyone needs any. I should go with the quality over quantity thing, but buying the clothes is so much more fun now!!!!

Dinner is in the crockpot, hoping Rick feels like eating. My granddaughters are gone....the house is picked up....I feel like I have nothing to do----I LOVE IT!!!!!! Gonna go cruise the site, maybe play some mah jong!!! Catch y'all later!!!

Kat

Josie - I think you will make a nice addition to our happy little family and the relatives who stop in to visit. LOL

Just so you know... Judy inspires the heck out of me too.

Judy - we are due for some thunderstoms too, my pool is overflowing from last night's stroms, what a mess, but Water was up to 84 without the cover... so as soon as they are gone, I think I'm due for a night workout.

TracyK - I was going to ask if I could work from home with you LOL

so here is the funny thing about that interview I have tomorrow, I did my research and guess what... it is a job as a Construction Materials Tech job I applied for June 3... they are just getting back to me when I decided to give up until the fall.

Man... it is so stinking hot here, 97 and tropical. the humidity is not going to break until tomorrow night, which is good because I go back to the pizza shop, but for my interview... yuck... you guys see how much hair i had in the pics i posted? it shrinks about 4 inches and goes out more than that in the tropics.... HAIR HELP

Kat - we posted at the same time

my house is almost perfect, my room is clean, laundry is done, walked, went to the gym - swam - got some sun and now... what to do, as soon as i go back out to the pool I'm sure the horrible storms will hit

just me and my boy (3) home and he is playing with his sisters playstation so nice and quiet

Hi all, well, 2 weeks ago today I had my 2nd fill, and they gave me the max. Since that time, I have not been able to eat much! Everytime I would even eat Soup, it would get stuck, and hurt! Even 2 days ago I threw up for the first time! I called the B.C. yesterday and told them, and asked them to take out some of the fill, and that It is really getting on my nerves, and that I lost 6 pounds in the last 10 days, and is this gonna get any better? Does the fill loosen? What? They told me no it wont get better, no it will not loosen up, and they would call me back today 'bout getting some of the fill out! Last night after I talked to them, I ate some supper no problem, and this morning Breakfast no problem! They called and I told them now things are quite better! Go figure!! This happen to anyone else???????Went to my regular Dr. yesterday and about my 46 pound loss, all she had to say was lose 30 more!! Wow! what such encouragement!!!

i was wondering if anyone would have a problem if i join in here....i seem to talk to myself on other threads...and this is quite frustrating...

quote]

WELCOME --- glad to have another member!

Gina

TracyKS - Not to be, uh, a jerk or anything....but what's goin on with your gym workouts??? eh??

LOL!!!!!! noticed I haven't changed my ticker did ya....... DBF is out of town this week so I can't run off to the gym in the early am hours.. and yes I COULD go RIGHT NOW, since the place has daycare but that is my entire motivation problem GETTING MY LAZY ASS OFF THE COUCH IN THE PM.. DS goes to bed at 8p........ don't worry though I will be picking back up on MONDAY... I have to PROVE a point to dbf... I think he will end up being a sabatour... and at the same time the food police.

I just finished my pork steak and I stuck to a very small portion because I'm afraid it will come back up....... also I had a sbd protien bar about 3:p and all it did was make me hungry (must be the carbs in them) now I'm patiently waiting my hour so that I can have a glass of tea......... because I am THIRSTY but I'm TRYING TO FOLLOW the BANDSTER RULES like Judy does :P

I WILL ENTER THE 230's this week.............. dammit..............

(I keep saying this every day one day it will come true):biggrin1:

Ok, I'm going to come out of lurk mode and ask to join this group too :P

Jennifur and I are band-buddies here in Upstate NY so I have been keeping up with you all since she had her surgery and I posted about her coming through with flying colors.

Jenn, don't feel bad about having your coffee. I don't think the caffeine is as big a deal as carbonation is - and I have to admit I've had a few sips of coke when I've gone out to eat with Randy :)

My name is Melissa, I'll be 33 on the 19th, and I've lost 75ish pounds since September 7th. Since my surgery 3/21 I've only lost 18lbs, but I know I haven't been making the best food choices lately. However I'm back on track now and being inspired by you lovely ladies :)

Evening, all. Boy we sure were talkative today!! Must be something in the water.. Lord knows we drink enough of it!!! Rehearsal went well tonight and people in the group are now telling me how good I look and asking if I feel alright. I only told one person out of the 12 that I had lapband surgery and I'm guessing he told everyone I had RNY cause they are amazed I'm feeling so well. When they ask, I set them straight. I'm just soooooooooooooo pleased not to be the heaviest one in the group anymore. It was awful when they were looking for blouses for the ladies to wear. I couldn't wear anything that buttoned down the front or tucked in. All of the rest of the skinny minnys were nice enough to go with something I would be comfortable in, but even that ripped out on me. Now we have some new members in the group so we'll be looking for new blouses to wear before our concert in October. Heck, I might even be ready for a tank top by then!!!:P

It's getting stormy here again so I better shut this down before I get zapped! Everyone have a great night and remember..... yada, yada, yada!!

Welcome Nena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember you posting about jenn.. jump right on in with the rest of us bigmouths :P You have done GREAT on your weight!

I ended up having CRYSTAL LIGHT instead of tea.. I thought of Judy! LOL

My sister told me today that she can tell everytime that she sees me that I'm getting smaller... she said my belly is a lot smaller than it was at Christmas... (and I thought it hid it pretty well!) God love her even IF she is the skinny one!

Man... I jump in the pool for an hour and look at all I miss

Melissa, so nice to have you with us here. Ok I was feeling guilty last night about the coffee. LOL

well brown outs are finally done, fans are running and i am nice and cooled off after a nice swim. I was waiting for the little one to go to bed, but aparently he was watching the Cat in the Hat and was not sleeping... so he came in with us anyway. that should put him to sleep.< /p>

margi: let us know what happens with your band. I think if you are not even able to eat Soup you should get a slight unfill....

Welcome Melissa---it is a wonderful group!!!

Margi, if you are able to eat now, I would wait a day or so and see how things progress. Your restriction WILL change, it may not do so quickly, or even quick enough to avoid an unfill, but if restriction did not change, then none of us would ever need more fills. As you lose weight on the outside you are also losing it on the inside, and that is the goal!!!! It sounds like maybe you had some stress issues, worrying about it being too tight, and once you relaxed from making the unfill decision-----the relaxing allowed you to settle down. I have read of it happening with many, many others!! Stress has a lot to do with the band....and the timing in your menstrual cycle could have been affecting it as well. I don't know, but I am glad you can eat again!!

Jennifur---I finished my laundry, and even unloaded the DW....it was pretty wierd having everything done. I have spent the last week feeling like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off----and then to suddenly have time to relax???!!! Unheard of!

Off to visit with Rick for a bit, he has been tied up with work---I hate that, the phone never stops some nights!!!

TTYL

Kat

:angry I am some kind of hacked off!!! I had a LONG post and it disappeared!! Ok, so here's the short version 'cause I AIN'T retypying it:

TracyKS - Ok. You're off the hook. BUT!!!...you could put some Motown on the stereo or something and dance with your son!! Get off your lazy A$$!!! (Am I in trouble now?)

Kat - careful what you wish for

Judy - no doubt you'll be wearing a tank top! You'll probably drag all the choir ladies to Victoria's Secret too...for matching leopard push-up bras for everyone....and throw in the thongs, too! (What a visual!) That would boost attendance at church!

Nena!! We're so glad you're joining us. Fresh meat! :heh:

Margi - your doctor is a jerk.:huytsao

so there. My other post was far more entertaining, :P but you'll just have to take my word for it.

Played racquetball again tonight. Damn, DH is a fast learner. :tired

Morning all-

Kat after the week/month you have had... enjoy the quiet

Terry - you are so full of it these days... that trip must have been just what the dr ordered . LOL

So i dragged my lazy a$$ (as put by terry) out of bed to hit the gym before i go to my interview. I'm not updating my ticker today but I'm down to 219.5!!!!! I am so happy because it is so humid here I feel like I've gaine 10lbs of bloat.

1.5 lbs and I've officially lost 40 since surgery and 60 total. Does that call for a celebration or what..??? I will Celebrate with a nice cold bottle of propel ...

off I go. be back shortly