Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

hey guys! I havent been able to read posts, I am using the internet tv thing in the hotel room-which is a big pin in the butt. but I wanted to check in!!

Wedding went pretty good, some reason thy would not turn a/c up so i was sweating HORRIBLY the whole time.. ruined most my pics :) I am goin to photoshop when i get home to try to fix them... george from seinfeld (Jason Alexander) staying herefor wsop...weve run into him a couple times, and he was at mydads table...ths keyboad sucks so gonna wrap his up and post morelater, but i got a24-hour flu bug yyesterday and omg puking with the band is BAD BAD.. ihad projectle vomiting and idont even knowhow so much came out so quick...and today my stomach feels sore as hell. i pray i didntt rip my band off or somethin. flu on my honeymoon!!!!!!! husband (hehe)is asleep so im goin back to payperview movie...talk to yallwhen i get back1!!!!

Josie.. I just looked in the fine print of the Shrink'n Violets contract and it says that we are allowed to adopt anyone banded in March to become "one of us". Sooooooo I'm offically adopting you as a fellow Shrink'n Violet. It doesn't even need to be brought up for a vote. I read it. I really did. *cough, cough*.

WELCOME!!!

LAURA!!! You poor thing!! We all read where the temps there were going to be outrageous. Hopefully you can fix up the pics, but I'm sure you look beautiful no matter what!!

Hope you're feeling better today. You take care of yourself. That vomiting is not good at all.... like you don't already know that!!

:welcomeB: Josie!! :welcomeB:

LAURA is a MISSUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS! :)

Judy: You are too funny... I can only imagine your PMS group is a rowdy bunch!

WELCOME JOSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jump right on in :)

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

OK an 1 1/2 hr in the pool is enough for me, i left my radio in the rain the other day so I didn't have entertainment, and my daughter is out there now with her friends so I thought I would check in

Laura - you poor thing... but you did it... CONNGRATS

TracyKS - Not to be, uh, a jerk or anything....but what's goin on with your gym workouts??? eh??

Jennifur, I am so sorry, I did not mean to further confuse you, on the Tummy Tuck Lipo thing!

Before it slips my aged mind (!) WELCOME JOSIE!!!! I too am a transplant---I truly am an April bander-----just a year ahead of everyone!!! I came her to offer any advice and support I could, and I found out I really LIKE these people they are diverse and supportive, and caring, and non judgemental----all around good people---and they let me stay too. So hang out, have fun!!!! Ironically the other thread I "belong" to, is a state thread, and as far from where most of us live as possible!!!

Ok Jennifur, the Dr. told me that ideally they will cut a low bikini line cut, in the area between the pubic bone and the hip bones. It will extend most of the distance across from one hip bone to the other. Then they go in, and "remove your belly button" so to speak. IT is cut all around, and left attached to the umbilicus then they pull the excess skin downward. Usually removing the lower skin completely, which often gets rid of stretchmarks etc. When they get it tightened, and the positioning is right, then they make a hole and bring your belly button back through, and stitch it back to where it was originally, on the new tight skin. The PS I spoke with said most of the time if he needs to contour the belly with liposuction, it is around where the new belly button is placed, to remove any remaining fat pad, so it heals smoothly, and as an "inny". He gave me a measurement of how much was removed, and he said it like it was an extremely small amount. Before I would even consider that much, I would research it some more! He explained to me where each of the 3 drains would be pklaced, and why. and told me how he would re attatch my torn muscle. He said many women have the roll around the sides they want lipo to remove, I do not have that.

They are definitely 2 different things, and one does not automatically need the other. My fill Dr./ surgeon, does not do any lipo, he is not licensed to do so, and he said I did not need any....so I think it is very individual, and very dependent upon what the patient looks like and what the Dr. thinks needs done. I'd be happy with the belly gone and who cares if my belly button is not belly button ring worthy!!!!!

Terry----I hereby give you full permission to "be a jerk" and nag me, and bug me, and be a PITA-------make me work out!!!!!! LOL

TTYL

Kat

Ummmmmmm i'm going to go now and do my workout in the pool like a good Shrink'n Violet! I don't want the wrath of Terry upon me.. :)

Just got done loading up 3 tables and two clothes racks FULL of my old fat clothes! Ohmygosh.. did I really buy that many clothes???? Some still have the price tags on.. yikes!!! I must have 30 pairs of pants. Now THAT's stupid!!! From now on it's quality, not quantity!!! Somebody get that in writing, k? Oh.. nevermind.. I'm reading it right now..

Kat

that is awesome... see a different topic for the day. But that really helped.. That is what I want.

I don't think I have the side rolls... LOL just in front. I actually can stand my front view but then I turn sideways... YIKES!!!LOL

I just went for a 3 mile walk 95degrees and tropical out... I must be insane

Woo hoooo... great job, Jenn!!! I just finished my 1/2hour Water aerobics. Haven't been in the pool for almost a week. Sure felt goooood!! I can't go biking tonight because of a singing rehearsal, but we are under a thunderstorm warning anyway.

hi

you guys are so sweet....and funny too...

let me introduce myself. my name is JoAnne (my family calls me josie as a nickname)

believe it or not i have kept up with most of you because i really enjoyed your enthusiasm for the program.

i am 49 yrs old. i had lapband in texas on 3/30/07. i investigated the lapband in 2002 when i lived in NY. they told me i might not be able to eat steak...so i opted out.....the kicker is....i dont even like steak ha!

i probably wasnt ready at the time.

i recently retired and decided to focus on getting myself back in shape. i'm not sure what i'll do next....

anyway....teachlady...you are helping me to clean up my act. your results show that following the program to the letter of the law...really works

Kat...when i first came on this web back in march and didnt know anything....you suggested i research the doctors in the "search" tab and mentioned spivak. i ended up using him and am soooo happy i did.

tracy in ks and terri...THANKS!!! for your warm welcome...

Welcome JosieB....

Wow what a chatty group today. I had 3 pages to read from this morning!!

I am kinda down today. The girl that works for me in my office is going on an intervew for a new job on Thursday. Long story short...i don't think I have the energy to train someone else (again). We get along great and I hate to see her go, but I can understand why. The only reason I am still there is because I have been there for so long I am like a permanent fixture and I have the "well, I have done it for this long" attitude. I went through 9 temps over a 2 year period to find someone as good as she is, now she is leaving! OMG! Now all the work will be mine to do all by myself again until God only knows when. And to top it off, we are busier than a one legged man in an ass kickin' contest. (I work in the oil & gas service business that suports offshore drilling & production.) Ugh...I can't think about it anymore....Jenn...move to Texas and come to work with me!! lol

Laura-sorry to hear that you are sick! That really bites! But congrats on the new hubby!! :)