Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD STOP BYE AND SAY GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE !! I HAVE ONLY LOST 3 LBS SINCE MY LAST FILL - GETTING A LITTLE DISCURAGED BUT DEALING WITH IT....

4/2/07 DAY 1 OF liquid 340

4/17/07 DAY OF SURGERY 320

5/24 1ST FILL 300

6/21 2ND FILL 290

CURRENT 287

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD STOP BYE AND SAY GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE !! I HAVE ONLY LOST 3 LBS SINCE MY LAST FILL - GETTING A LITTLE DISCURAGED BUT DEALING WITH IT....

4/2/07 DAY 1 OF LIQUID 340

4/17/07 DAY OF SURGERY 320

5/24 1ST FILL 300

6/21 2ND FILL 290

CURRENT 287

Don't get discouraged.... 53lbs in 3 months 1 week! NOT TOO BAD!!!!!

As my Dr. would put it... that averages out to 4lbs a week.!!!!:clap2:

I had a pretty good NSV day today. I ran out to try on a few swimsuits at lunch (why eat?) and, as is my habit, went to the 'womens' department. The smallest suits they had were 16w's. I tried on 3 suits and 2 blouses. Everything was TOO BIG! ;) No time to go to the ladies department, but woo freakin' hoo!!!

Also, pants I bought a little 'snug' last week fit me beautifully today....Lauren's 14W.

I found that my quad muscles are REALLY getting developed...I can really feel them under all this flab. I can't wait to lean out and have muscles there waitiing for me! Also...wasn't sore at all (well, maybe a little) from playing racquetball last night. DH was practically crippled!! :) Yay me!

AND.....I bought some plain Tilapia filets at Sam's...just sauteed them in a pan, put a little lemon, butter, salt & pepper on them...then dusted with parmesan cheese and they were delicious!!! It also went down real easy so I had a good dinner and got my Protein in for the day AND found more fish that I actually like. I am thrilled that I am now eating fish at least 5x a week.

All in all....not a bad day even if the scale didn't move!

Go Terry

my mom gets here in 2 weeks and she cooks a lot of fish, hopefully she can cook for me too

I need new swim suit, i just gave away all my other suits

Well Jennifur, I have had some issues with a torn muscle in the stomach wall for many years, courtesy of an a$$hole ex husbands well placed boot. The one advantage to that is it has been documented for MANY years, and I never got it fixed, my weight was a barrier against any elective surgery. Now, my insurance will pay to fiux it, with no problem, and the Tummy Tuck will be done in conjunction with it....and will also be covered to eliminate the excess weight from the healing.

I have spoke with 2 Dr.s. One recommended out of Albuquerque, I saw him years ago, and plan on visiting with him in person again soon. I have spoke to his office 2 times, and they have given me all the info I requested, as well as references. He is a plastic surgeon, and can do the tuck, and also do Lipo to contour. I also spoke to my Dr. who does my fills, he is licensed, to do abdominoplasty----he can remove the excess and fix my muscle, but would not be able to do the lipo. I don't know that I will want/need liposuction----I plan on meeting face to face with the PS I went to before. He was a very nice guy, he was willing to try to fix my muscle then, he never degraded me for my weight---he was also very informative, and willing to sit and talk with me. He spoke with me over the phone a couple of months back, and said he prefers to let weight loss settle before doing anything, so that you get the best results.

Rick sees his Dr. on the 2nd and I am going to see if I can get a consult that day. I like my fill Dr. and have no doubt his perfectionist attitude would yield me good results, but it is further away. Albuquerque is 3 hours....my fill Dr. is 6. It is a fairly painful procedure he said, especially with the big muscle involvement I am going to have. I will go home with 3 drains. So the closer the better I think.

My belly is the worst. If I were to suddenly have a flat belly, I could be happy right where I am. I love my curves...I do not want to be skinny. I am quite muscular, and without this belly a size 12 would be easy........probably a 10 would do better. I am in a comfy 14 now, but they only fit at the waist, the hips and thighs are baggy. So....all in all my weight has maintained, losing slowly....but no drastic changes now. I just choose to wait until after the summer, I do not want to recover now---I want to be out doing things! Then I have all the kids birthdays (starting in August, then each month through December!!!) , and the holidays. So I want to have it done about the end of January or so. So if I begin the process with the PS in the next couple of months I should be right on schedule! My scale is stuck at 192----so if I were able to get the next 15 off, I would be in the 177 range---and then whatever is lost through surgery---I would consider myself happy and my goal met. My DD is my height, and build she is 170 pounds, and wears a size 9 junior pants. I don't see myself there again, I don't need to be there....like I say I kinda like curvy. Rick likes curvy. If I get too low, I look like a linebacker....I am too top heavy! So......I need to bust my butt and get rid of 15 pounds!!!

Any and all help appreciated!!!

Kat

Good morning everyone,

Well, the scale has been bouncing from 218.5 to 221 and that is disheartening considering I have mostly been drinking my meals. I will just chalk it up to Water weight and take a Fluid pill today!! ;)

Yesterday I had a great NSV...one of the guys at work (that does not know about the surgery) commented on my weight loss...he was the first one so I ran to him and hugged him!!

Everyone have a great day and remember what Judy always says....

Kat

That was great info, thanks. I never thought of Lipo. I thought a tuck would fix all that. So info I need to start looking into. I am in the same place as you. I was 165 right before my daughter and in a size 10 and med everything esle, and I had a flat tummy and was so very happy with myself. right now, I am wearing clothes before my son, and the legs are even loose on me, it is my belly that pokes out and makes me crazy. My goal is 175, then I figure with the tuck that is another 10lbs and a flat belly! LOL

November would be great. LOL but no way that would every happen. I lose health ins in January and hopefully will be starting a new job in the fall so time off is something to think about too - so that is why i'm thinking now.

Tracyk - great feeling. my mechanic did the same thing yesterday.... ok i dated him years ago, he is much younger than I am. felt great. My contractor did the same thing, he may know about my surgery but I'm not sure, I'm good friends with him and his wife and she knows.

I'm having a cup of coffee, feeling guilty, went to support group last night and it was a full house, and they stressed to all the people thinking about surgery that no coffee, no soda, no alcohol for a year... ok I stopped them all but the coffee, i'm a bear without it.

Hello There!!

Judy, I've never seen a bike like that, sure looks comfy!!

I've no news to report from here, just dropping in to say hello!!

(I'm loosing weight again, thanks to my band attack)

Hello There!!

Morning... so glad you are loosing again and that you checked in... we worry about you guys when you vanish.

have a great day

Ok i'm really leaving for the gym... but the funniest thing happened...

I was just sitting here reading away and my phone rang. Someone for a job I applied for. So I have an interview tomorrow morning but here is the funny thing.

I can't find where I applied. I remember the address because location is important to me, but can't find it anywhere. So it is going to be a surprise where I'm going. I might drive by later to see what type of place it is so I know how to dress. LOL

I am applying for all kinds of crazy jobs so some are casual and some are management.

Kat

That was great info, thanks. I never thought of Lipo. I thought a tuck would fix all that. ........

I'm having a cup of coffee, feeling guilty, went to support group last night and it was a full house, and they stressed to all the people thinking about surgery that no coffee, no soda, no alcohol for a year... ok I stopped them all but the coffee, i'm a bear without it.

Kat & Jenn - It's none of my business but I do hope that you'll think very, very carefully about liposuction for 2 reasons: 1) I know of someone who has been permanently disabled (lost her leg) because of having liposuction. Her intestine was punctured resulting in sepsis then gangrene. She almost died....now wishes she had. She's very depressed all the time. She was in and out of the hospital, mostly ICU, for the better part of a year. Liposuction is very dangerous...so much can go wrong. 2) It is quite possible that fat cell removal is not such a wonderful thing. When/if you store fat in the future, the fat cells that are remaining just get bigger. Point being is that if you are 'top heavy' but getting lipo on your tummy/hips...you'll just get top heavier. Please....just do ALL the research. Visit message boards for plastic surgery gone wrong...not just the ones supported by the surgeons. OK?

Hello There!!

I do believe this sets a record for Lunasa's shortest post!! ;)

Glad to see you, dear....and even happier to read that the scale is moving again for you!! Are you feeling all better now? How is the Cimbalta working for you?

Oh Jenn -- I also meant to ask.... your doctor/group says no coffee, alcohol or soda for a year??? I never heard that!!! ....except for the soda. Wonder what that's all about?

Good MORNING!

The dang scale did not move for me this morning and I woke up feeling thinner, so I'm HOPING for a whoosh soon!

I made shrimp scampi last night for dinner it was so good, but I do think the sodium in the sauce might of been the scale culprit.

Did anyone watch Big Medicine last night? They had a lap band on I'm guessing they will follow up with her later since they ended with her getting fill #1. It was nice to see OUR surgery for once.

I took a huge "contractor" size bag of clothes to good will this morning.. it was both mine and my sons and a few baby toys.... tonight I tackle the dinning room... It is nice to be able to clean my house when dbf isn't there sitting on the couch watching and irritating me....... I will miss him by the weeks end, but right now it is nice.

Tonight is my porksteak night...... I think my restriction is going away a bit.... DANG.. I had hoped to stay tight for a couple more weeks.. so now it will be back to willpower and determination.....

I do believe this sets a record for Lunasa's shortest post!! ;)

Glad to see you, dear....and even happier to read that the scale is moving again for you!! Are you feeling all better now? How is the Cimbalta working for you?

haha..very funny!! I agree, very short for me!!

the Cymbalta are fine, I'm over the initial buzz of the kick in..talk about grinding my teeth!! It makes me yawn a lot and also makes me feel a bit "high" in the beginning but that is settling too.. so I'm grand..

thanks for asking Terri..xx

I stick with the basics in eating and am doing very well.

Hi Judy!

Can you outline the rules/basics you follow -- I think I need a refresher course -- from someone who is as successful as you!!!!!! My hero.

Thanks!

Gina