Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

OK, so to heck with waiting for a week to decide if I am gonna get a slight unfill....I am! I am not going to live on Soup and oatmeal the rest of my life. I can not eat anything....I mean ANYTHING solid!! I have chewed until I feel like I am going to get lock jaw. I have become a professional at PBs. I would rather use will power and the restriction from just the band if I have to. I can not live like this!! aarrggggggh!

OK, the tyrade is over. Sorry you all had to witness the tantrum. :)

TracyK: do not hesitate to get an unfill... a lot of problems can come from a band that is too tight....

TracyK - good choice, I was getting worried myself, I am able to chug a little bit of Water and actually ate 1 1/2 oz chicken tonight, was moist as heck but still ate it. chewed and chewed and then chewed some more but I ate it. I am having a bbq tomorrow so I am going to try to eat. I got turkey burger for me, regular for everyone else and nothing else special for me, I wanted baked Beans but didn't know who else would eat them.

I am going to try some scrambled eggs for Breakfast and got tuna at the store. I feel like day 1 all over again.

Terry - It does not sound like you are in a great place either - I'm so sorry. I said it before and I will say it over and over... No matter what, I don't have a single regret about being banded, if i lose my dbf, I'll be devistated, but I will be a much happier, healthier and of course thinner person when all is said and done. Remember that, it gets me through the day sometimes.

TracyKS- you must be beat, I know yard work kicks my butt. that must have felt good to have those 16's on, i was trying on 16's today and they didn't look great but they were on and it felt great.!!!

Kinsey received her second dose of the live bacteria this afternoon, and has made huge steps in the right direction...she is talking, even sang a song for the nurse. I am breathing deep for the first time in days!!!!!!!

I hate to be short, since you were all here for the worst of it, but Rick and I are going to go sit in the yard---listen to the blues music coming from the park---look at the stars, and Thank God. I just wanted to take a minute and thank you too....talk to you tomorrow!!!!

Love ya all!!! Kat

Now THAT'S great news to read. Thanks for the update, Kat and so glad to hear Kinsey is back on the road to recovery. She has lots of cyberaunties worried about her, not to mention this cybergranny!! You made my day with your post!!

Good morning all you sleeping Violets...

Today was weigh in day and I lost 2#!! Only 4 more to go before I hit

-50 and THAT will be the most weight I have lost EVAH!! And the great part is knowing I can keep it off forever with the help of my lil friend. The only bad thing about weighing in once a week on Sunday is that I can't sleep on Saturday nights cause I'm so anxious to see what the scale says. I'm always amazed when it keeps going down. This is definitely the best thing I ever did for myself. DH lost 1# this week so he continues to do well too though he's not getting the exercise he should. Guess I better give him a swift kick in the keester and get him in the pool with me.

I gotta go get ready for church. Everyone have a great day. Continued prayers for Kinsey and for our newly married lady, Laura!! Anyone remember when she'll be back????

Kat that is so great, Iam so glad. She will continue to be in my prayers.

Judy - you are amazing. what is it that you eat during the day. I am down to 224 this am, don't get me wrong, that is 6lbs since my fill, but I'm on Protein Shakes and last night tried chicken. I work out every single day and not loosing lbs. I am a scale person.

On that happy note... anyone find a good exercise to get rid of the belly? I feel like I'm tightening up but since my c-section which is a major thing, but they cut so much muscle I didn't even have feeling there until recently. How frustrating

Jenn.. you're doing great on your weight loss! I know for me that I keep within 600-700 calories per day and I'm not hungry between meals. I don't snack between meals either. Here's what I ate yesterday..

BREAKFAST: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tsp. of Splenda brown sugar blend and 1 T. of fibersure mixed all together

LUNCH:1/2 cup tuna salad on romaine lettuce, 1 lo-fat pudding with sugar free whipped cream

DINNER:3/4 of a brat, 1/4 cup baked Beans, 2 slices of cucumber with dip, 1/2 cup taco salad, 5 cubes of watermelon and 1 teeny, tiny sliver of caramel pecan cheesecake.

I don't recommend my eating plan for anybody but me, but I do know it works for me! And I've never had a Protein Shake and don't ever want one!!! yucky, yucky, yucky!!

I hauled fencing for well over an hour yesterday and though I'm really sore today it was a good workout!

Judy

thanks that helps a little. even before my fill i was doing about 4 -5 oz chicken and 1 cup of lettuce (almost like a chicken ceasar salad) for lunch and 3-4 oz meat and 1/2 -1 cup of veggies depending what it was for dinner. Breakfast I would grab a cheese stick or something quick. I was not feeling hungry inbetween until the last week or so but was not loosing, I was probably at 1200 cals a day.

I guess this fill is just a good reality check for me. I am going to make some fritattas today so I can have ready made breakfast. I got tuna and turkey burger at the store yesterday so I'll go back to post op diet. I can have the same thing every day and just add different spice. right?

I am fitting into my old small person clothes and for that I'm so happy, I am only 8lbs to my lowest weight in years, and I use to be happy here... LOL not anymore. Now I look at myself and say what a fat ass I am... I know but it motivates me.

You guys would laugh your butts off if you saw me trying on clothes yesterday, I would feel great then look in the mirror... LOL and yes, I know I couldn't even dream of wearing them 3 months ago... and that is a great accomplishment. Just trying to give you a visual of my every day

SEE... told you all I had self confidence issues.

come on... anyone else do crazy stuff like that?

Hello Girls...It's Buzz lighthead here!!

And major ramble to follow..

JUDY!!! You are a power ranger..wow, wow, wow....well done to you!! Sounds like you live in a lovely area too...good on you for enjoying your surroundings. I am in love with where I live too..It's my dream spot on this planet (well, for living anyway) I have yet to visit Africa and I know I'll fall in love there too...Elephants are my lucky animals, I have them looking out the windows of my house to protect me, and would love to see a herd up close..

Anyway, KAT..You really are being bombarded with pain and anxiety between DH and Kinsey..my heart is going out to you..You are a gem and I wish and pray that all works out for you..xx My FIL is a ceoliac too, he was 50 yesterday..

All the rest of you violets I wish all the best for you all and for happiness to find you all...you all deserve it.. Terry, that's very stressful, your problems with DH, communication breakdown can snowball so much and when feelings of hurt and resentment come into the mix it can make communication all the more difficult too!! You've always been so kind to me..as you all have..I wish only the best for you.. Remember the happiness thing I posted the other day?

"Happiness is the freedom to be as we are, however we are;

richer or poorer, in sickness or in health,

gaining or losing, succeeding or failing,

wanting or not wanting, approving or not approving, forever.

Happy is what we are and what we'll be if we don't believe we are wrong to be as we are."

We all need to recognise our right and NEED to set ourselves free, free from the voice in your head that tells you you're not good enough, or that your life is not good enough or that you are not fulfilling all your wants and desires.

These thoughts & voices will forever put you down and will lead you to believe you are not as good as you should be and no matter what you do these same thoughts and that voice again will follow and haunt you until you are convinced how wrong you are for your place in life.. Who else would you be if not yourself?

There is NO OTHER you, You are the only YOU and so unless you are comparing yourself TO yourself you have nobody else to live up to..there is no better YOU walking around on this whole planet..you are not going to bump into a perfect you..the one you imagine would make you happier, she does not exist, there is only the you sitting here reading this, wishing to be something better than your self..why do we do that?

Why do we waste energy thinking about, wanting and convincing ourselves that we should be something other than ourselves!!

Who else could we possibly be? Instead of just being ourselves, warts and all...

These fantasies get us down, I know they get me down, everytime I see those "Images" of hollywood, we are brainwashed..

MONEY + SIZE 2 + SUCCESS = HAPPINESS

Not So..we don't know what goes on with these supposedly perfect beings once the spotlight is turned off..

then because we are subconsciously seeking what we see on TV we start to carry it into our real lives and we start to fixate on the women in RL that we percieve as having the life/body/job we wish we had and that's ALL we see..

Never trust a woman with children who has a spotlessly clean car or house...That is someone desperatly hiding something..she is NOT someone who has it all together, she is someone who doesn't want you to know she in fact DOES NOT have it together..

The other day while finalising our kitchen the store owner took us out for lunch and we drove in his car..he is a very hardworking and successful person and VERY organised at work, he & his wife juggle kids work and all that comes with both...As we approached his beautiful Mercedes I had expected to sit into a pristine car.. When we opened the door I was greeted by bottles, toys, clothes and the very obvious & sweet smell of kids..and it made me smile..I instantly liked him more..because I was able to relate much more about him and the normality of his life. In my mind he became more real life to me..we weren't just buying a kitchen from a guy in a suit, we were buying a kitchen from a dad who works hard to provide for his family and gladly sacrifices his beautiful car to do so..That is nice, to know he was not all business and perfection.. He is successful, but has his priorities and is not afraid to let his clients see the messy side of his life..In otherwords, this guy is happy enough not having to be perfect. And my initial perception was blown out of the water..

The point being, nothing is as it SEEMS to be ever, and sometimes your fantasies about the perfect, in control person are only upheld when they remain a mystery and you don't get to see the side of the person to prove you wrong. So if mammy's car is spotless, you can be guaranteed she hasn't got her ironing done or the dinner won't be cooked and daddy is bringing home take away, because nobody is perfect, and those that go out of their way to demonstrate they are, do not possess qualities or percieved qualities to be coveted..

Our best defence is to be ourselves, as we are, if you're sitting there reading this and feeling bad because you haven't mopped the floor...so what, do it later..just remember no everyone in the world has mopped theirs yet either!!

:cheer2:Yeah me!:cheer2: I'm down 5 pounds this week and I don't get my fill until the 17th. I kicked up my exercise this week and I'm more tired but it's worth it.

Just wanted someone to rejoice with me.

Hello Girls...It's Buzz lighthead here!!

Never trust a woman with children who has a spotlessly clean car or house...That is someone desperatly hiding something..she is NOT someone who has it all together, she is someone who doesn't want you to know she in fact DOES NOT have it together..

/quote]

OMG that is too funny, I'm cracking up...

I guess I'm not hiding anything anymore... because since I gained weight, my house went down the toilet and with my 2nd child... omg. watch out for flying Water bottes and toys when you open the car door!

Ms Jen

YEA YOU!!!! Congrats!