Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat:

I will be saying BIG PRAYERS for Kinsey, you and your family.

Hugs!

Gina

Hi girls! I'm here! We're back! My ds & I went to the beach on Mon - tues, then Weds was the 4th, then Thurs I had company visiting from NC, then yesterday I actuallly worked (!) + I did try to log on but it wouldn't let me in or something... so here I am today!

It just took me 45 mins to catch up! Oh my!

Gotta dash in 5 mins, but just want to say:

KAT -- ((hugs)) dear cyberfriend... I feel your anguish in reading your words... that little girl is so lucky to have you!

JENN -- YOU LOOK GREAT! Hang in there & do what you have to do for YOU!

LAURA -- TODAY IS YOUR BIG DAY!!! I'm thinking about you!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Last night on the local news they did a big report about all the weddings in Vegas today... I looked for you!!!

I'm fine... eating too much... counting the days 'til my fill on Weds... my b'day is tomorrow & that usually means food & it's weird but I can't think of any other way to "celebrate" if not food... I'm thinkng a relaxing day @ the pool w/a book maybe... woo hoo...

Carry on!

Kat-I am still sending up the prayers for your entire family! I hate that you are going through such an emotional time! It is so hard to watch someone you love hurt, especially a baby. My payers are still with you.

Mdrai-happy b-day in advance for tomorrow. I was wondering where you had been. We missed you.

Laura-Can't wait to hear from you. Congratulations...

Everyone have a great day!!!

Kat... I feel sooooo bad for you. I would not just go to the nursing supervisor, I'd go as high up the chain as I could go and write a letter to the board of certification of nurses. What you have described is unconscionable and needs to be addressed. Our continued prayers are with you, Kinsey and your family.

Laura's big day today.. and record highs in Las Vegas.. she'll have lots to remember about her wedding day!!! Can't wait til she gets back and can share with us.

Mdrai.. just remember my new mantra... it's not about the food!!!

And on that note, I'm off to fix my breakfast.. lol Everyone have a great day and keep Kat and family in your throughts and prayers.

Kat- my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. Celiac is not a horrible thing if you know about it. My mom and her sister have it, and I am going to have my daughter tested. It does cause horrible gastro issues and is genetic. My kids have horrible asthma, and I have experienced the same hospital experiences, STAY ON TOP OF THEM AND COMPLAIN A LOT, IT IS THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL FIX THINGS. I had to call my ped and scream that my ds was not getting better to have her call and get something done. They had him fixed and out of there in 24 hrs after that.

Thank you all for your wonderful support. I went to bed at 8 last night, I cried so much I gave myself a migrane.

so do you all want to know the excuse. You will all love this.... He got a call from the local harley dealer and they got a trade in on a bike that they thought of him (he had his totaled bike brought there) so he went and bought it, didn't think he would be as long as he was and wanted to surprise me. Well needless to say.......WRONG ANSWER!!!!!

after I cried even harder I made myself sick and had to go to bed before I started to throw up.

Men are nothing but big stupid 13 year old boys who only think of 1 person, them.

I am officially back down to 225, thank goodness, so I think this fill is working, i've lost 6 strong lbs since tuesday. I might try to eat today, but i don't know, I couldn't even talk yesterday without pressure, and feeling like i was going to throw up, so I might take 1 more day to prevent damage from yesterdays stress fest

Michelle - so nice to have you back and Happy Birthday

Laura - thinking of you, hope you are having a great day! CONGRATS

Ladies.... i think there is a full moon coming if not already here?

Kat - reading your story broke my heart...I sat here imagining what you and your baby are going through and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

Your DD needs to eat...she needs to be strong. I can only imagine what she's going through and the pain she's feeling from watching her little baby suffer, but she has to be strong and keep a clear head. She needs to eat and she needs rest.

As far as her ex, well it is what it is. Arguing and getting upset about him and his mothers antics will not help anything. Let it roll off your shoulders and focus on your grandbaby. SHE is the reason that you're there.

As far as the nursing staff go, it angers me. I'm an RN as well and I used to work in the peds ICU. I LOVED my job as it gave me the chance to make a difference in a sick childs life. So many of these kids are what we called "frequent flyers", and you get to know them and their families on a personal level because they were in and out of the hospital with their illness/conditions. I hardly ever sat down while I was at work - I can't even begin to imagine sitting there shopping online at work!

Don't get me wrong, I have allowed families to bathe and change the linens for their loved ones. However I was there to encourage and help them if needed. Sometimes because they can't take the pain away or do anything to help their loved one, it tends to make them feel better. As if they're contributing somehow by tending to their loved one... I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I've seen it time and time again. However I DID make myself readily available. I would take the linens in and the wash basin and say..."I'm going to wash your loved one up now and change their sheets...would you like to help?"

I hope your ordeal ends soon...I hope that she doesn't have to have surgery....and if she does, that the recovery is short so that you can all move on with your lives and so that she can get better. I'll keep you and your families in my prayers Kat....

*hugs* :)

KAT - Your post is tearing me apart! It brings back such memories for me of when I was in nursing school. Yes, I'm a drop-out and Pediatrics is what did me in. I know that the anguish I felt then is only a fraction of what you're feeling now because she is your own. My heart goes out to you as much as this stupid laptop will let me. If I were there I'd be crying with you. And now your DD is having such emotional problems dealing with this that she is not thinking straight. OMG. She's not doing Kinsey any good by getting sick herself. Heartbreaking!!! But I'm not going to even get started on the nurses....I'll be here all day raging!! Let me just say that 2 years ago my mother was in the hospital, had a mild stroke while we were out for the night, and they did not even recognize her symptoms. They told us it was due to the anti-nausea medication she was being given and we took their word, and even though my gut was telling me something much more serious was going on, I kept my mouth shut. Her &%*$! doctor even came in and asked US why she was slurring her words and that it "was driving him crazy"!!!! Can you imagine?! Oh....stop me now. My point is that Judy is right.... you have to complain as high up as you can go and NOW and LOUD! I understand, too, that the hospitals are in such a bad way for good nurses that they are having to 'import' them from all over the place. The weekends and nights are particularly bad...so that is when you have to be the most diligent. Take notes on all the orders and medications...and her condition...(like a nurse is supposed to do) and keep the nurses on their toes. Ride 'em every chance you get or they will sit on their asses as much as they can get away with. Do NOT be shy. I am so sorry your family has this burden. Please take comfort in knowing we are all thinking of you and praying, praying, praying. (((hugs)))

Jenn - I'm sorry honey. Buy the book....and READ it.

Laura - I hope you have a blast today and my God bless your marriage!! Congratulations!

Michelle - good to see you!

Judy - I think I forgot to congratulat you yesterday on all those disappeariing inches!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I only lost 2" in all of June! I'm so proud of you!! We are lucky to have you as a Violet....you are such an inspiration. Thank you!

I'm really feeling blue today. DH woke up bitching even after I poured my heart out last night telling him how much I love him and trying to work out compromises on his long list of complaints that come spewing out like Mt. Vesuvius about once a month. (Great way to communicate, eh?) Before all this started I had asked him if he wanted to take a road trip to Louisiana and he was all pumped about it, or to go to a local nightclub that we've enjoyed to go dancing and he was pumped about that too. But it looks like we will be doing neither now and you'll probably be seeing a lot of me here on LBT this weekend. sorry. You can just ignore me...you have my permission!!

Love you all....thanks for listening! Kat -- thinking of you, darlin'!!

Y'all have no idea how glad I am to have you!!! The live bacteria they gave Kinsey is seeming to help. The nurse thinks she is hearing sounds begining in the bowel. I am praying it is so, and that what she hears starts the turnaround we need. Kinsey is more alert today, and still wants food. As horrendous as it is, I am seeing her wanting food as a continued good sign. We have been reading stores, and she has fallen asleep, so I sent my DD for a shower, and orders to eat something---hope she listens.

After I got my emotions out on all of you last night, I began a journal of sorts, concerning how our care has gone, highlighting the good along with the horrid. I intend on hand delivering it, Monday to the floor supervisor, and on up. Also plan on letting them know, I will be changing the names, and turning it in to our local newspaper. There is a HUGE competition between our local hospital here in the corner of NM and another in the corner of CO--both the only real hospitals in the 4 corners....and they hate negative publicity! It is ridiculous actually. The paper showed that like 73% of Durango and surrounding Colorado residents refuse to go to their local hospital, and will travel the 45 miles to Farmington NM to this hospital, and a similar # of local NM residents say the same about this hospital, and travel to Durango!!! The grass is always greener! Anyway I will tell anyone and everyone who will listen! I am taking notes, and names, and decided to let todays nurses know I am doing so....and we have been well taken care of!!

I cannot thank yoou all enough for understanding, and reaching out to us. You are without doubt a very special group of friends.

I too keep thinking about Laura, hoping her dress made it upright. And that they do not melt! Hope the triple 7's bring all of us good luck today.

Terry---Jennifur---I know you want the relationships you are in to work....but please look out for yourselves too. The changes we are going through have from what I read caused problems in many marriages. Men often handle fear, and uncertainty with anger. Only you can decide what is enough....but know we will always be here to listen---you cannot be here too much for us Terry, only in te fact that we know you would rather be off elsewhere---but we will always be here to listen. And if you need to voice it---say the word, and my # will be PM'd in a heartbeat---to any one of you!!!

I need to send a mass email to family and friends ith an update, but stopped here first!!! Guess I will get on it. Things have not made a lot of change, but nothing is worse, and we had been going downhill quickly----so holding her own seems like a positive to me!

I'll keep in touch as the little Princess allows!!!

Hugs to all....Happy Happy wedding Laura!!!

Kat

Hi everyone - just checking in here. I'm cleaning my room. I have a new wordrobe!!! LOL my old skinny clothes 16/18 fit....my belly still needs work but at this rate by the fall, which most of them are fall long skirts and work clothes they will either look absolutely fantastic or they will be falling off me. I found 2 dresses that were my absolute favorite... they can be altered so you better believe I will do it.

My belly needs serious help... anyone have any suggestions. I can feel the muscles getting a bit tighter but so hard... the last time i lost weight, I wore tight suck it in granny panties to help me remember to pull my stomach in. Maybe I'll grab a pr or 2. I have 2 more bags of 18/20's to get rid of.

My t-shirts are even getting so big they are hanging down to my knees so I look like I crawled out of bed when I go to the gym.

Terry

Kat is right... I knew that this surgery would make us or break us, just so much seems got be going on all at once.

so - we can vent here and all know that there are lots of changes, relationships, friends, family, everyday bs...

I have decided to invite some friends over tomorrow, going to be hot and humid here so why not... dbf is not going to be here so i might as well be with my friends andn ot feel sorry for myself. I'm going to go to Walmart later to get some burgers and groceries

well back up to clean my hell room. LOL

Hello Violets~

I am back from my LAST WEEK OF MY DOCTORATE PROGRAM. It seems surreal to even say it. I've got lots to do, but this milestone feels great.

I've read through the posts, there have been so many. I don't know where to begin.

I just want to say this...how much you all mean to me, and obviously, to each other as well. I feel great knowing your all here for the good times, and bad times. We have illness and weddings...and everything in between. I am proud to be a violet...proud to have you all.

I leave tomorrow for Vegas (I TURN 40 ON MONDAY!!!!) :) then we will go to Reno/Tahoe on Wednesday for the rest of week and weekend. I am so excited to see Susanne...it has been a long 3 weeks (acutally longer). We are very excited about our next vacation too to Cape Cod.

I will check in...I love reading the posts. Take care and I'll post again soon.

I love you Violets!!!!

Pamela

did I miss something? I thought you were going to Providence? LOL

The Cape is very nice too, have not been there in years. When is it that you are goin? It is very strange weather here... 1 day 95 and tropical and the next 75.

Good afternoon Violets!

Kat: Your continued battle for Kinsey's health brought tears to my eyes.. that poor little baby.

I have spent a good part of the day planting all my loot that I got from Walmarts garden center. Everything was marked 50% off so I planted 6 hostas a rose bush and spruced up a pot with some colorful caladium. I had gotten a bunch of glad bulbs free from work. I was a hot sweaty mess so I turned the hose on myself after watering the flowers... The shorts I am wearing are 16's and although I had to wrench them over my belly they feel ok and was an NSV for me.

I think my fill is working because I've been eating very little and the scale was nice this morning teetering on 242... I WILL get the the 230's next week dammmmmmit!

Monday I go back to the gym and dbf goes to Omaha for work.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Isn't that a great book? I read it twice. So how ARE things going with you and DH??

I just had a long heart to heart with my dh...things haven't been good for several months. He used to be easy to talk to but not so much anymore. I really tried this time....to just talk and not get into an argument....but he didn't seem willing. Seems like he really likes to fight now where he didn't used to. Male menopause or something. I wish I could make him happy, but apparently I can't. He's watching TV and I'm on my laptop. Same shit, different day.

Try years! I stopped trying to make him happy. How can I if I'm not. That's why I refuse to live in the basement or the first floor for that matter!!!

I'm happy now and if there is something I do in life that brightens his day good if not, oh well. Each person has the responsibility to allow others to affect them for good or bad and I choose only the good.

Everyone has the God given right to have joy in their lives and He expects us to exercise that right. In fact it is one of the fruitage of his spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 . . .On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, <SUP>23</SUP> mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.)

So while I exercise long-suffering (which means putting up with love, kindness, goodnes, faith. mildness and self-control, I enjoy joy and peace. So my sleep is sweet.

So stay out of the basement!!!