Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Enjoy Laura~ Can't wait to see pix!!! If I see any crazy brides in Vegas, I'll know it is you!!!!

VIOLET POWER!!!!!!!!!XOXOXOXO

Laura: Have a great time in Vegas! Congratulations!!!

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a nice time yesterday. Relaxing, working, partying, whatever it is that you did. We went to Mexico to go see my grandma. She broke her ankle on Sunday and she had surgery to repair it on Monday, so we went to visit her. She is doing fine. Will be in bed for 3 months and I know that will be hard on her. She is a very active grandma!

I'm going pretty good on this fill that I have. Not restricted enough for my taste but I guess it's enough for now. I went down to 265 on Tuesday but then this morning I was up to 266 again. I'm so bad about letting the scale dictate my mood for that day. I know everyone says it's better to only weigh once a week but I have to weigh every day so see where I'm at. Just to see if I need to cut back that day or excercise a little more. I'm also scared that if I wait and weigh only once a week that the pounds will creep up on me. It's easier to get rid of one pound than five pounds... Just my opinion...

So today it's almost ten and I'm not really hungry. I haven't had a bite to eat. I need to get some Breakfast or else my whole eating schedule is messed up. Off I go for my cottage cheese...

Have a good rest of your day ladies...

sorry so big and yucky. I reduced to good and not best and they fit. I hate my photo program, I can't seem to figure it out.

anyway, just wanted to post something.

Terry - can you tell me how to shrink? I think you did my one from the beach for me and I tried changing the resolutions (sp). Off to the gym, be back shortly

The reason your pics are so big to begin with is because the resolution on your camera is set to "large format" or high resolution. You may want to adjust this before you take pictures that you know you'll only be viewing electronically. The only reason to take a large format picture is if you know you might want a hard copy in 8x10 or 11 x 14 size. Digital picture viewed on a screen only need a resolution of 90-200 dpi at most.

I edit my pics in Power Point. Sorry I am not familiar with any other method. Here's how I do it:

- In PPT, go to Insert, Picture, From File

- When you get the desired picture on the slide, right click on the picture.

- Go to Format Picture, then click the Compress button

- Change the Resolution to Web/Screen

- click OK

- You may get a message about "compressing the image may affect the quality of your image...." click Apply

- Then go to the picture and click and drag the corners to the size you want the photo

-Then right click on the photo and do a "Save AsPicture" and save it wherever you want.

I know Judy is good at it, too. Maybe she's got a suggestion.

Jenn.. I resized the big ones for you.. now delete the post with the big pics and then we'll be back to normal.. :)

post-215048-13813135222047_thumb.jpg

post-215048-1381313522228_thumb.jpg

thanks guys. I will play with power point tonight and see what I can do

Hi Jenn-nice to meet you "face to face" LOL. It is nice to have a face with the name. I love the tattoo, but I am too big of a chicken to get one!!

Judy-I am always up with the chickens....I like to get up early and have some "me" time before I get m daughter up and start the daily grind.

I am so excited for Laura....

Tell me if you all think I am too restricted....I had a piece of pork chop about 2" x 2" and about 1/2" thick, literally 2 bites of mashed potatoes and about 5 green beans...afterwards it took everything I had not to throw up....do you all think I am too restricted or is that about right?

Hi all, wanted to stop in and update you all. We got Kinsey out of the hospital finally. They say it is a stomach virus. Poor baby cries non stop that her belly hurts, and to peez make it better---just breaks your heart. The second day she was in, my DD (her Mommy) ended up in ER for IV fluids, she had it too. They gave her 2 bags, and sent her bag upstairs to Ped's with the 3rd one running. I come home that night and it hit me about 2 AM---knocked me on my hiney in a hurry! Today it took down my Mom. 4 generations levelled with it in days! As for Kinsey, she still cannot eat. But insurance says without other symtoms, she is to be discharged. If she doesnot imprve we can readmit her. I hate insurance companies poking their nose into whether or not she is well. Makes me furious!

Anyway, I am up and around again, a bit worse for the wear....both physically and emotionally. I thank you all for your prayers, and well wishes.

I need to go read up on everyone. I didn't want to take time before updating you, and thanking you.....You are ALL very special to me, remember me and my family while all of you are busy with your own, makes me feel very special!!!

Thanks!!!!

Kat

Ok i'm going to try this again.... here is the week before at the beach and today, I know the sweats are black but the are identical, same size and everything and that is the same sweatshirt.

post-215289-13813135222453_thumb.jpg

post-215289-13813135222635_thumb.jpg

post-215289-13813135222875_thumb.jpg

post-215289-13813135223069_thumb.jpg

I had just barely posted this when my DD called, they are headed back to ER with Kinsey, she is not holding even liquids down. She is so tiny----maybe 19 pounds.....she is 2 1/2 and little for her age, and she is losing weight she can ill afford to.

Will keep you posted as I can, please keep praying....I am so scared.

Kat

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:yay you!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You look awesome!!!!!!

Kat -

she will be ok, they just sent her home too soon, they will take care of her... that virus went around here and it was horrible. My prayers are with you.

TracyK. That is what I was trying to do earlier... hard to see the progress when the before was not with it.... My daughter was humoring me and when i put the sweatshirt on was when she was totally blown away

ok since i figured this out... i would like you all to meet my crazy kids. These are both from april at the beach. my skinny 12 daughter (yes she is only 12 here in front) and insane 3 year old

post-215289-1381313522321_thumb.jpg

post-215289-13813135223589_thumb.jpg