Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

We drain the hot tub cause we have the pool running. I figure I can afford one or the other, but not both running at the same time. But i do miss the hot tub.. sighhhhh

There is a new powder on the market called "Miralax", it used to be prescription, but went off a couple months ago. Anyways my Dr. prescribed it for me when I was having trouble with the bowels due to my hernia. I took it twice a day in coffee or whatever, it really is tasteless, I promise!! I even put it in Water sometimes. I am now using it once a day, and I would really suggest it. I think one of our problems with the lap bands is our high Protein, that in itself causes Constipation. Miralax works great!!!

Jane

Well, I went to my GP and asked him to take my bloods, as I have done 3 times already in the last year. He did, and as we talked about all my symptoms again, low energy, low mood, lack of motivation etc he asks me what it is I am expecting to find in my blood AGAIN.. I say there's something not right, I am beside myself trying to cope..and he brings up depression again.

We have had 3 or 4 chats over the last year about this and each time I have resisted the medication saying I "If I could just put my finger on it I can work this out myself, without the need to mask with meds" But MAYBE there IS something in my blood that's causing me to feel the way I do.

Has the dr cheked your thyroid? I had some of the same symptoms a few years ago and that's what it was.

Good morning everyone...

Wow, having yesrerday off really screwed me up, now I think it is Monday again. I am glad its not though :mad:

Good Lord...rain, rain rain rain....ugh. Not supposed to clear up for a few more days here.

Everyone have a great day!! And remember what Judy always says.... :)

Good morning, Tracy. Looks like we're the early risers or the early posters! I'm waiting for my grandson to arrive for the day. Then I'll be running after him for hours.. will certainly get my exercise in for the day!!

Have a great day and yup... remember those bandster rules!!!!

Jane

thanks for the tip on that. I might try it. Fibersure is just not doing the trick. I have been on liquids for 2 days and NOTHING. I literally feel like crap. LOL

Of course I can't find a valid drivers license, I have an expired one... but that is not going to help me today. What is my problem? These people are going to think I'm out of control. I have a job, so I don't feel so pressured.

This has been a hard week for me - what can I say, but I think today I'm going to get things under control.

Hope everyone had a great 4th.

Jenn.. have you tried prune juice? ?? Or a laxative pill?? I use the Fibersure every day, but still need to resort to a laxative pill every 3 days if I feel the need.

Judy-

I got some prunes the other day at the store, I can stomach the taste, they are cherry flavored and not too bad. I learned to like them on LA Weightloss, but I have serious texture issues, don't know if i could get down prune juice. My mom also suggested flax seed oil daily, so she is going to get me some and I'll add it to my salads instead of olive oil.

I am afraid of laxitives, my aunt became addicted to them and I've been running her to the dr/hospital for months now from all the damage she did -

OMG - I'm watching the today show and the are doing a bit on GLAMPING. glamor camping. $7000 a night for a family of 5. But, it is my idea of camping. Woods, no one around, tent with real bed, furniture, hot tubs, tours... LOL

I think I consumed 18# of sugar yesterday. It was everywhere!!! Cookies, cake, pie and ice cream! OY!!! :phanvan I just canNOT wait until Monday when my world returns to normal!!! June has been loads of fun, but not very good for my weight loss!

Of course I can't find a valid drivers license, I have an expired one... but that is not going to help me today. What is my problem? These people are going to think I'm out of control. I have a job, so I don't feel so pressured.

Jenn.... I'm lost. What are you talking about here? And....what job? The pizza joint or did I miss something?? :)

There is a new powder on the market called "Miralax", it used to be prescription, but went off a couple months ago. Anyways my Dr. prescribed it for me when I was having trouble with the bowels due to my hernia. I took it twice a day in coffee or whatever, it really is tasteless, I promise!! I even put it in Water sometimes. I am now using it once a day, and I would really suggest it. I think one of our problems with the lap bands is our high Protein, that in itself causes Constipation. Miralax works great!!!

Jane

Thanks for the tip! I only 'go' about once every 5 days. I've always been like that but now seems to be a little worse. I did look up the drug info for Miralax (Patient Education - Drugs - Miralax) and found that it should only be taken for a max of 2 weeks, with a period of abstinence of 2-4 weeks....just FYI.
Happy to report I've been doing well w/ the drinking and eating. I've had a few cocktails this week (which is out of the ordinary for me)...too many calories!!! But I am trying to be good. What I felt yesterday was interesting. I did not drink w/ Breakfast (omlett w/ veggies and salsa). As soon as I took a sip, about an hour 1/2 later, I felt hungry. Is that possible, or did I just think I was hungry. I was thinking, I've "washed the food through w/ the sip." I am probably crazy!!!
Well, we already know you're crazy. I do suppose that you could have flushed your pouch when you drank....but what you ate was mushy anyway so wouldn't have hung around that long. I notice that when I drink anything with caffeine, lemon or artificial sugar that I get hungry faster. Hey....wait a minute. Everything I drink has one of those in it! Duh.

Morning Violets!

Just saying goodbye.. we leave for Vegas in an hour.. Next time I post, I will be a MRS! :) I'm all packed.. we decided to ship our dresses next-day.. took them to the UPS store.. took us about 30 minutes to pack it up.. huge box, taped the hangers to the outside of the box and lots of packing paper.. they put 'this side up' and 'fragile' stickers, but I'm still scared... if the box flips upside down the dresses will be in a ball on the bottom of the box. Also about to check the tracking to make sure it's going to deliver today. Good thoughts that it gets there fine!! Also I don't like flying, even though I've done it most of my life.. so I have a lot of anxiety during the flight. I got half a xanax from my sister, so going to take that before we board.. and on the way back I'm going to get drunk in first class LOL. My dad left this morning early by himself.. then my mom, g'ma, sister and her gf, bro and his fiance, and my uncle are all flying on a flight in about an hour.. then me and my fiance fly out in 2 hours. It would have been easier on my nerves if we were with the rest of them.

Everyone stick to your band rules while I'm gone, and no major crisis-es :mad:

Terry

sorry - I am suppose to go to an employment agency and can't go until I have all my ducks in a row. My pizza shop gig is family and I didn't need to provide anything for her. LOL

I start there full time next week - while I look for the perfect job. I am still looking but at least have something for now!

BYE LAURA!!! WE'LL BE THINKING OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A BLAST!!!

Laura

we posted at th sam time... GOOD LUCK... post some pics when you get back!!!! HUGS

Laura,

Congratulations and have fun!!!!!!

Terri,

I have been on Miralax for a few years, you have got me worried now!!! I glad you sent that fyi!!!! Will check into it!!!

Jane

Good Luck Laura!!

Ms Jen...have had my blood checked for Thyroid twice already this last year!! I was convinced that would show up, but no it's been fine so far..but I did have him check it again and i'll have results on Monday.

I started my Rx today and oh my God am I feeling the BUZZ kick in.. it's a horrible feeling...i feel like I buzzing, like there's an electric current flowing through me..my stomach is upside down too.. I hope this kick in doesn't last long!!

JUDY..nine miles is amazing!!! I'd get tired even DRIVING nine miles!! LOL!