Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Mdrai!!! You're doing so good!!! I can't believe youtyped all those keystrokes coherently! I remember when I got home and checked in here, I was seeing double and couldn't type worth a HOOT! We'll 'see' you tomorrow, eh?

Welcome home Michelle~ Speaking on behalf of the Violets...WELCOME TO BANDLAND!!!! Your like our little sister ( a month younger). Anyway, we are all proud of you. All the doubts, gone. Rest well...sleep...walk...and let the gas begin! We look forward to hearing more from you.

hugs honey!

Yea!!! Michelle made it through with flying colors!!!! I knew she would, but it is always good to have those thoughts confirmed!!!! Rest, sip your Water, and walk as much as you can....and soon, you too will be encouraging others to follow in your footsteps!

As of now Laura, I have not located anything other than my printer discs. Not sure where to look next....I thought I knew where they were. Will keep looking. We ran into the same thing, we had way too many issues with the old computer, the CD drive was out, the modem was out, the memory needed a massive boost.....among many issues, so there was no sense in trying to revive it. And we could not get anything other than the Vista. When we bought our last computer XP was less than a month out! I am running neck and neck with Windows I think!!! I am actually pretty happy with it. I know several with it, and none with serious problems. I like some of the new options. Took awhile to get my email the way I wanted it, but it is pretty easy to manuever around. I liked the ease of making my DVD's for my folks anniversary. Scanning in the photos, adding their music, took about 20 minutes per disc---it was so amazingly easy!!!! I have nothing I use my computer for other than pictures, and I use an external hard drive for pictures and music. Otherwise it is for my email, ebay, and my boards. I do no gaming, or anything of that sort---so it should work fine for my needs. I'll let you know if I locate the disc.

Well I am going to check my ebay things, and go to bed early....what an idea!!!!! Talk to y'all tomorrow!

Kat

Congratulations Michelle! We are name twins. Did they give you a little plastic machine to blow into? It really helps with the chest tightness. If not, practice breathing deeply four or five times every hour you are awake. Glad you are doing so well! Heal first, then let the loosing begin!

Hey Teach, Katy, and all the other teachers - I'm a retired teacher after 31 years teaching in middle school special education and ELA (ESL). I was happy to retire. I have dedicated the last three years to taking care of myself, something that I didn't have time for during the teaching years as I raised two boys on my own. They are 19 now. Teachers work very hard and I agree the kids did really change during the 31 years in the classroom. Teachers are in a difficult position, with little authority, everyone questioning them, parents siding with kids and then administrators not back the teacher up, changing curriculum with constant revisions, wide disparity of needs in the same classroom and kids that don't have the foundation or desire to learn - I was very glad to get out of the profession without a law suit (in the special ed area). I miss lots of the kids and the contact with colleagues, but not the endless meetings and hassles.

Hugs to you all - you deserve the summer off!

Well, my hat's off to all teachers!! I have always appreciated the very tough job that you all have/had...I wouldn't do it for $200,000/year, much less the ridiculous salaries that you are generally paid. You'll be happy to know that ever since kindergarten I've taught my children that they are to respect their teachers....that they are 150% dedicated to their students' interests or they wouldn't be there at all. That they could probably work at Walmart ( much easier job) for the same money with those hours. My son is a junior and my daughter is in 7th grade....to this day I have never had any complaints from teachers about their behavior. In fact, quite the opposite. Hopefully, something I taught them rubbed off. We've had quite a few learning issues with my son over the last few years and his teachers have all be so supportive with us...exchanging countless emails and phone calls at times....and always willing to help in whatever way they can. I love teachers and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your tremendous dedication. :love:

Who has met their exercise

goals for this month?

Who will be making goals for June?

I hate to be a nag, but I strongly encourage you to set goals for yourself. They don't have to be big, just tiny little goals at first if you want to ... absolutely no shame in that! Actually, small attainable goals are the best to have anyway! A journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step.

I am very proud that I only missed one scheduled workout at the gym this month. My efforts are really starting to pay off! I already feel so much stronger, and best of all I am really enjoying it. Yesterday I really had to make myself go...just put one foot in front of the other 'til I got there...and ended up having one of my best workouts. I just so got into it and sweat my tail off! ...actually got off on that 'runners high' you hear so much about. It was way cool. People, I am telling you that this is a 180 degree turnabout for me and if I can do it, you can do it!

Good Morning Violets,

I'm a bit slower today than yesterday... didn't sleep much/well last night... couldn't get comfy anywhere... chair or bed... then couldn't get off the bed this a.m.... my kids thought that was funny! So glad to be their morning entertainment!

The pain is different today... yesterday it was more tightness across my chest... today that's subsided and it's more incision pain + sore stomach muscles... have taken 1 happy pill so far... have taken all my vits, etc., + it took me 2 hours to sip, sip, sip an 8oz Protein shake! :confused: I'm still working on an 8oz Water now, but I was dozing a bit in there, too... everyone is gone & it's just me & the 2 kitties in the quiet. My plans for the day are: rest. Guess I have to schedule a surgery in order to get a few days of R&R w/no household responsibilities! lol!

Check back later!

Good Morning all you Shrink'n Violets!!

It's another beautiful, warm, sunshiny day here! DH is at the Cardiologist for his scheduled appointment. I'm anxious to hear what his weight is and what they say about his medications. He's doing really well now after some difficult days with gas pains and a reaction to the steri strips. But each day he is feeling better and today is his birthday so he HAS to feel good!! He's now eligible for Social Security.. now doesn't THAT make one feel old!! I have a few more years before that kicks in for me, but it will be a nice little added amount of money for more cruises and remodeling around the house.

Terry.. I met my goal for exercising this month and will definitely set one for next month. Here in Northern Michigan we have a contest each year called "Let's Get Moving, Alpena". I registered online and will record my miles of walking and other exercise. I can win prizes plus walk my fanny off.. literally!!

Michelle.. hope you're feeling good this morning. Isn't it a great feeling to know the surgery is behind you and your whole new banded life is ahead of you??

Everyone have a great day and remember to follow the bandster rules!!

Good Morning Violets~

Thank you for all the kind words about teachers. I feel so blessed to wake up and do a job that I've wanted to do since I was 8 years old. The kids wear me down, but they also keep me young. My students have helped me set up my Ipod for my workouts, lol. But honestly, I have a great job (s) and love what I do. When I got my Master's in Administration, I thought I wanted to go into school admin. Then I took a year off to work as an administrative designee. I hated it. I missed the classroom, the kids. That is when I came to middle school. Even though I continued to get my doctorate in administration, it is only so I can teach at the college level. Anyway...long story long...8 more freakin days!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I will set some workout goals for June. Terry and Teach, what are yours? Maybe I will "ditto" them. I worked out this morning w/ my new Ipod...it was fun. It is hard to get up at 4:45, but I walk out of the gym at 5:50, and I am done for the day! It is beautiful at that time. My goal is to workout everyday this summer. Now that I've typed it...I gotta do it. I do cardio for about 20-30 min, then the machines, then the free weights.

Michelle, enjoy your days. Got any good movies, books? Enjoy the peace.

One of my students loaned me a CD (Sublime) to download on my Ipod. I put it in this morning, in a hurry, and closed the carosel. It made this horrible noise, and then when I popped it out...no CD:(. So I have to go to get it fixed tomorrow. It sucks and the worst part, he did not tell his dad he was loaning me the CD...hahaha

Good Morning Violets,

I'm a bit slower today than yesterday... didn't sleep much/well last night... couldn't get comfy anywhere... chair or bed... then couldn't get off the bed this a.m.... my kids thought that was funny! So glad to be their morning entertainment!

The pain is different today... yesterday it was more tightness across my chest... today that's subsided and it's more incision pain + sore stomach muscles... have taken 1 happy pill so far... have taken all my vits, etc., + it took me 2 hours to sip, sip, sip an 8oz Protein shake! :confused: I'm still working on an 8oz Water now, but I was dozing a bit in there, too... everyone is gone & it's just me & the 2 kitties in the quiet. My plans for the day are: rest. Guess I have to schedule a surgery in order to get a few days of R&R w/no household responsibilities! lol!

Check back later!

Michelle

so glad you are doing so well. Take it from me... rest, I thought I could move and most of my pain was port and muscles too. I kept pillows on either side of me so if I rolled over the pillow helped to support me and helped to hold things in place.

I was was cutting my happy pills in 1/2 and that was enough for me - I couldn't function on a full one, but take the time and do what you need to. I am so proud of you... wish I could give you a great big hug!

Hi everyone

still job searching, no weight loss, but so busy I don't know how I am functioning. I am alone at the moment so I am going to jump in the pool and bake in the sun - yea i know, not good for me, but makes me happy and helps me relas.

Talk to you all later

I need an extra day in May to get all my exercise in!!! I guess we can't create that huh? I need to think about my June exercise!

Changing the subject to fills, I had a fill Thursday of 3cc's. Everything seemed fine and was so very happy with the restriction, now the past few days I have sort of thrown up, it was probably a pb. Nothing hurt and no sound (tmi), but I did feel a ball in my chest for a while. It seemed to happen a few days after I had my fill, do you think it is probably just a little swelling or do I need to get some taken out? I have an appointment on thursday June 7th, so I do have a little while. Let me know you opinions because everyone always have great suggestions.

Jane

Terry -- you are right - I will set a exercise goal for June! Thanks for motivating me to do so!

Gina

I will set some workout goals for June. Terry and Teach, what are yours? Maybe I will "ditto" them. I worked out this morning w/ my new Ipod...it was fun. It is hard to get up at 4:45, but I walk out of the gym at 5:50, and I am done for the day! It is beautiful at that time. My goal is to workout everyday this summer. Now that I've typed it...I gotta do it. I do cardio for about 20-30 min, then the machines, then the free weights.
My trainer has me on the following schedule:

Monday - Cardio warm-up; Legs & abs

Tuesday - day off

Wednesday - cardio warm-up; Chest & biceps

Thursday - 45 mins cardio

Friday - day off

Saturday - cardio warm-up; Triceps & Back

Sunday - 45 mins cardio

On my weight training days I try to do more than a warm up on cardio; after weights I get back on the X-trainer or bike for 20 mins or so.

My routine usually takes about 45 mins....so 45 mins. 5x/week. That's my goal. Subtracting my vacation days that'll be 19 sessions for June.

My exercise goals are pretty simple.. just do some kind of activity equivelant to a walk for 30 or more minutes a day. Might be gardening, mowing the lawns, biking, taking grandson for a stroll in the stroller or whatevah gets the heart rate up. My pool should be warm enough to use pretty soon and I have Water aerobic weights to use for toning. I get great workouts in the pool. Just have to wait for the water temp to hit 80 before I'll go in. In Northern Michigan, that takes a while, but I do have a solar heater so hopefully with lots of sun it will be warm enough soon.

Had a little problem today. It's 88 degrees and I was running errands and when I got back in the car I was so hot I just gulped my Crystal Light lemonade. Bad choice.. my stomach got all yucky feeling. I've learned me lesson.. sip, sip, sip no matter how thirsty I feel.