Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Man, I am realizing that I am not the only one with serious issues! LOL

I can't even eat different foods at the same time let alone let them touch - and always need a plate for the stuff I don't like or have to pick out.

I guess that's the southern in me. We mix everything together and top it with gravy LOL. If you don't like food touching, you should see my plate on Thanksgiving.. 8 different casseroles, pickles, cranberry sauce, turkey, ham, taters and more.. all squished together with gravy on top..

Ho hum.. no wonder here why I'm so fat!!

Laura, you crack me up - I grew up with a strong southern background so that is probably why it grosses me out >LOL

and so fat... I love your attitued - I walked around for 2 months telling everyone what a fat ass I was. it was good therapy

I know that I was just banded two weeks ago however, I find that I don't have to eat or drink at a slow pace. I do tend to feel very full if I don't eat my wonderful creamy Soup on the slow side. But i can drink just like I have pre-op.

Will this change once I get a fill I wonder. I would hate to have to sip Water as I tend to be a thirsty girl at times and want more than just a drink at a time.

Michelle...

I forgot to say I'm so glad things have turned around for you..xx

Laura...I know I prob would have yoyo'ed anyway!! Just the musings of trying to get to the bottom of things over the years!!

You're clothes are hanging off..That's Great..and I hope you see the 200's soon!!

Must dash...TTFN..xx

Good Friday afternoon, Violets~~

Glad to read that everyone is doing well, hanging in... (& has clothing hanging off!)... fantastic. It really sounds like you're all getting the "hang" of it! BA ha ha...

Today has actually been just a regular day... the first one in a l-o-n-g time it seems... I am extraordinarily tired, however, so think I will go indulge in a quick 1-hr nap before the kiddos arrive home from school. I'm actually looking forward to tonight... all 3 members of my family will be out doing their own things... and I will get to be ALL ALONE w/just me, myself, & I... I bought a couple magazines & a new box of sugar-free popsicles so I'm all set to snuggle down for a quiet night!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I know that I was just banded two weeks ago however, I find that I don't have to eat or drink at a slow pace. I do tend to feel very full if I don't eat my wonderful creamy Soup on the slow side. But i can drink just like I have pre-op.

Will this change once I get a fill I wonder. I would hate to have to sip Water as I tend to be a thirsty girl at times and want more than just a drink at a time.

Well, of course everyone is different! But I was filled a week ago (1.5cc) and have not had any problems with eating or drinking at all. I drink all day long....big ol' gulps!

My DD doesn't like anything that's mixed together...especially if she can't identify the ingredients!! (and she's southern as they come!) My DS eats one thing at a time, until it's gone, then on to the next thing. My DH eats like it's a contest to see who can finish first. I, myself, am perfectly normal! :)

Hey Violets..

I think I might be energized today.. I pushed Ethan in the stroller for 30 minutes this morning, just finished a half hour raking and mowing and now am headed for 30 minutes of Curves. I think I'm gonna sleep good tonight!!!!:)

Congrats Teach!! So proud of all of you guys that are working out already. I can't wait till my back problems are faded (I think 270ish is the last time I got the back pains to stop). Hopefully that won't be too far! I do the gazelle for 5-10m a night when I'm watching tv till it hurts too much. It takes a lot of pressure off my back, so I really like that machine, if I was on a treadmill I'd only be able to do 2-5m.

Jenn- I can guzzle Water all day long, and most food I don't feel restriction anymore (which made me sad), but... if I try to gulp water while I'm eating, it does get stuck. liquids can pass through the band hole with relatively no problem. So, if you're guzzling water, and there's nothing else in your pouch, it should be fine.

As for food, this is why I was begging for a fill on Wed., most food I can eat more than I want to (but still less than half of what I USE to), with no problems.. but time to time, I will find something that does not go down well. Apple taste.. yes, taste! I don't get it.. apple is my favorite stuff.. applesauce, applejuice, etc. I know I can't eat apples with peels, but I tried applesauce, and just licking the spoon worth, the filmy layer, wouldn't go down without a fight. And applejuice, its just liquid, but my body does not want me putting it down there. It's very very weird. I had an open-faced burger the other night for dinner, with bruschetta (new from Applebee's), it was on ciabatta bread and angus beef.. I was able to eat half of it with no problems (took the top bun off and just ate with knife and fork the meat with bruschetta/pesto and the bottom bun). But last night we got subway, I got a 6" wheat with turkey, cheese, light mayo and mustard.. I took teeny tiny bites.. the size of my pinky nail.. and I got the stuck feeling. I don't even know how that could have affected me, but there it was. So no subway for me again (oh well, didn't like it much to begin with). They did have some kid's fruit juice boxes, so I got one of those.. 100c and 100% Vitamin C, and tasted good. That ended up being my dinner.

The point of my rambling, is even though I thought my restriction was gone, I do have problems with some food.. so something is going on. And I can DEFINITELY tell if I'm over-eating. I get sick feeling and bloated. I try very hard to pace and check how I feel after each bite to keep from getting that way. And when I do 'over do it', its always 1/10th of what I would have eaten pre-band (that's not exaggerated, how sick?!)

Whew..

And I'm loving these diet pills for now. Terri, glad you told me, I don't think I'll be getting these from another clinic, I'll just ride with them till my fill in June. He gave me 30 pills, it's 1x a day and my fill is less than 30 days...also, I was reading the material with the pills and it said you can get addicted, so wean off of them. Closer to fill time, going to only take them every other day. So I'm going to keep the left overs in my medicine cabinet in case my fill isn't tight enough for my liking.

I just got back from lunch with fiance and a bunch of his friends, went to a Chinese buffet.. I think 2/4 of them knew I had the surgery (we dined with them the week I had it and asked about why I was dribbling soup). I got mandarin chicken, beef & broccoli and some noodles. Did Protein first, used a knife and ate 1 piece of the beef, 2 heads of the broccoli, and didn't get around to the rest. Asked the waitress for a to-go box and she was making a scene.. she said yes I can have it, not suppose to, but she'll do it for me (my father's business does work for them, so they're normally pretty accomodating for us when we come in).. then I said, I won't get more, I just want to take this home.. so she comes back, gives me the box, and asked if I wanted to put more food in it.. I said no, she asked why not.. I said I can only eat a few ounces of food, this will last me a long time.. She gave me a funny look and said "Oh I'm so sorry".. not sure what she thought I meant. Then I put my stuff to go, watch all the guys eat, she comes back and asks if I want to get some dessert from the buffet..to go..

I KNOW I LOOK LIKE I WANT CAKE... but come on lady.

So I drank 2 teas sitting there.. I'm still full, in fact I feel funny, a little sick feeling.. Don't know why yet.. maybe I'll find out later!!

I'll stop rambling..for now.. haha!

I lied, I have some more stuff to ramble about.

When me and fiance first started dating years ago, we had made a date to go see Incubus in Nashville (where we both lived at the time). He was handling it. We broke up a month before the concert, so he went with a friend instead of me. I never let him live that down, because I love them and really wanted to see them live..(they have a lot of 'our' songs)

So.. we found out they're coming to Atlanta in August, which is a 3 hour drive for us. He said he wanted to take me, to make up for it. Tickets haven't been on sale, but I check e-bay and ticketmaster and some other places daily.. the tickets finally started going on sale, but only the general admission and lawn tickets.. outdoor concert, lawn is actually the very very back, not the front like you'd think. And then 1 set of decent seats is the side of the stage, last row for $195 a person. That's not even great seats and for that price.. bah.

Well I went back to e-bay (already looked this morning, was nothing), and this time, there was an Incubus VIP boxsuite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was $395, includes 2 tickets in the private box, personal waitress, VIP pass to some hooters lounge (whatever that is), private bar, and VIP parking right outside of the gate.

We talked it over for like 2 minutes, I called the e-bay seller and got specifics.. It's CENTER. So we bought it! I'm so exstatic(sp?)! Just booked our hotel room too, at this interesting mediterranian looking hotel near the airport. We're going to get a cab from the hotel so we can get drunk at the concert.. I likely won't drink again till that time, since I don't like to drink.. but Incubus with my man.. and VIP.. I gotta Celebrate a little. So I'm already bouncing off the walls with this. WOOHOO! And hopefully I'll be in those sexy jeans by then.. Please oh please...

Laura23 - have a fantastic time at the concert. Somethings happen in mysterious ways don't they? I loved the story of how your tickets came to you.

Hello Violets -

I didn't think I had much restriction until I worked out with my trainer. So now for all you bandsters who feel kinda loose in the restiction department I have something you might want to try.

Ok - here it is - you can place me in the institution after you try

Get down on all fours, make a table with your back, you might want to be infront of a mirror. Anyway, let your stomach extend downward, without holding it. Then pull it in and hold it tight for 10 seconds, then let it go for 2 -3 seconds, then pull it in and hold it tight for 10 seconds.

We did this 6 times, worked out, then another 6 times. She is working on improving my stomach muscles, but I have an added benefit. I have a ton more restriction after the exercise. So i figure I could pass it on and see if it worked for anyone else willing to try it. Let me know.

Hugs to you all,

Michelle

Dynamo- thanks for the tip, I definitely need to tighten my tummy!!

Only thing I'd be concerned about it, is that the restriction is due to bothering the band area and causing more swelling-and that's why it's more restrictive?

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! I'M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! DH got approved for the surgery today and he will be banded May 22.. that's a WEEK from Tuesday!!! He's been waiting since March for this and now it's less than 2 weeks away.

:Banane20: :Banane20: :Banane20: :Banane20: :) :) :) :bananapartyhat: :Banane09: :Banane09: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dynamo- thanks for the tip, I definitely need to tighten my tummy!!

Only thing I'd be concerned about it, is that the restriction is due to bothering the band area and causing more swelling-and that's why it's more restrictive?

That's the first thing that popped into my head, too, Laura. Sorry, Michelle hate to rain on your parade!! :) I wonder if you shifted the band around by doing that??? Probaby not, but that would concern me.

Laura - you crack me up!! "Ok, I lied...I have more stuff to ramble about..." LOL You said you dont' know why you're nauseous...but did you wait a 1/2 - 1 hour before drinking those glasses of tea at lunch, right on top of your food? ? :)