Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Well my salsa was a hit...won't know who won until later today. It was called "PK's Kick Yo Azz Salsa". I made it but I am not gonna eat it. I did have a few chips w/ a warm cheese sause, but that was it. Then went back to classroom to drink my Protein Shake (4 oz of yourgar, 1/4 c. skim milk, 1 med.banana, 1/3 c. of froozen berries, and 1 scoop Unjury).

I can eat spicy...hell, I can eat anything. I have not had bread, rice or pasta...just told myself not to go there. I did have a few croutons last night in a chix ceasar salad, but that is it. Until I get a fill...I am flying solo. But I am trying to make good choices (no more M & M's).

Have a great day violets!

PS- I have a suede pink cowgirl hat! No rinstones, but it is cute...yeehaw!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post461395 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e9e9e9 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e9e9e9 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e9e9e9 0px solid" width=175>Jenn<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_461395", true); </SCRIPT>

ralph04.jpg

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_461395 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e9e9e9 1px solid"><!-- message -->your ticker: did you cut it from the bb code section? Ans when you cut it cut from img to img (including the img in the beginning and at the end).

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jenn,

Yes i cut and pasted the whole darn code! I also tried the BB code and all the others when it would not work!

Jennifur,

I liked your post. It was soooo true! It made me laugh:D ! Anyway, what are you eating? :hungry: Can you give me a sample of what you have for Breakfast, lunch and dinner? I was banded on 4/18 and am only (<-- yeah as if!) down 10lbs I feel like I am falling behind? :D I have been at a stand still for a week now not losing and not gaining. I have been happy that i am not gaining but I still want to catch-up! :D

Ok... so I am now known as the crazy lady who chased down the doc at the hospital wanting COFFEE.. LOL

Seriously though he said I was doing fantastic and ok'd me to go to the next level of food... (Soft foods) fish, eggs, cottage cheese, soft pasta's etc... and next week I get to move on to "regular" food!

I saw a young gal sitting in the lobby looking at me pensively and clutching her consultation folder.. she was shy but I knew she was curious so me and my big mouth I started a conversation with her... we talked til she was called back... ..... then I saw one of the ladies I was banded with.. this lady had a BMI of around 80+ and in the hospital she threw a big ol honking fit at the barium swallow.. she was miserable...... so when she walked through the door I was unsure if I should say anything............ BUT I DID ANYWay.. I went up to her and said.. "HI, I am the crazy lady from the hospital that was banded with you"..... She was vERY friendly and said for two days she was whipped but she felt great..... I told her about my bean incident and she laughed... she even moved over by me and we happily chatted til it was my turn to go back. I wasn't really quiet because I KNEW that others that were curious were listening too...... LOL

So THEN after having the doc tell me I could move up and that I was doing fantastic....... I decided to treat myself and I stopped by Quik Trip and got a frozen cap....... (yes I KNOW!!!!!) but listen.. I was very proud of myself.

1. I bought a small even though it was MORE expensive than the 32 oz they had on sale!

2. I drank exactly HALF and put the other HALF in my freezer.... BIG NSV!

Househuntress: I like spicey stuff too... but it gives me the worst heartburn so I stay away.

OH and I almost forgot.......... I was able to SCHEDULE 4 Fill appointments!!!!!

June 4th, July 2nd, July 30, August 27! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

That's our Tracy... out and about spreadin' the gospel of the band to all those who will come near and listen! :D Good job! And great NSV's... I really think that's what it's all about... the scale be d'mned!... it's new habits/behaviors/living!

(ha ha... I typed "new hobbits" ha ha!)

I am off 'til Sunday... am lugging a "carload of sh*t" (as dh puts it) down to my Mom's house for her neighborhood's annual yard sale all day tomorrow. I am *not* a yard-saler at all... don't shop them & have never held one... so what to take & how to price it all is a bit foreign to me... but I've just got to get rid of some of this stuff... and some of it is nice... kids' clothes & outgrown toys, etc... so we'll see how it goes. And dd is going to have a lemonade/cookie stand, too. We've decided that any/all $$ raised will go into our "Walt Disney World" vacation can (yes, literally it is a WDW Holiday coffee can!) (empty, duh) for a future trip... maybe I should start a "Shrinkin' Violets Cruise" can???

Have a super weekend everyone!!

Tracy your crazy!! That is funny. That is what Sunnysea did to me in the Drs office. I am more the quiet type _ she comes in the office sits down and looks around and says any one here have the band? Well I said not yet... as that was my pre-op appointment but we started talking and she mentioned this site..... and I was like wow I LOVE that site I go on most days! It was funny because there were a few people in there and she was spreading the good news like you! She says she has the "gift of gab" I guess you do too! Wish I did!

We had a garage sale the first weekend in Feb. We made $800!!! And now, you can actually put 2 cars in my garage (did you know that is what they are used for???). Have fun!

pizza and salsa update: I am in the lead, but still don't know if I won. I've sampled the others, but did not over do it. As far as the pizza...the kids are eating now, and I had the cheese and pepperoni from one small slice. Tasted gross after my 0 sugar lunch of chix. Beans and cheese (yes 0 sugar, 20 carbs...great for lunch!)

I'd say that is a NSV! Also, I didn't mention that it is DONUT day here at work. These people are evil, but I passed them up too!

woohoo

I am still trying desperately to get my ticker to work!! Is this where I am supposed to paste the bb code? This is under edit signature

Upload Signature Picture<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>You may upload a new custom image using the controls below.

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website:

<INPUT class=bginput dir=ltr size=50 value="http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] .png [/url]" name=sigpicurl> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Upload Image From Your Computer:

<INPUT type=hidden value=16777216 name=MAX_FILE_SIZE> <INPUT class=bginput type=file size=50 name=upload> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pamela, I have been obsessing over one of the items you passed on!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy, I am so glad you are spreading the good news of the band, I only wish that I had had someone to be an example, it is one thing to spread our fears and dreams on this thread, but another thing to talk to someone that has had is done personally. Still don't know anyone face to face that has had this done, and I am in a big city!!

Well I found out that I can eat Quakes rice Snacks, as a matter of fact I found out that I can have a small 3 ounce bag (that has 5 or 6 servings) in one sitting!!! Need that fill!!!!!

Jane

lol, janie...me too. I have never met anyone face to face either...that would be great! I hope I can before meeting everyone on our cruise!!!

KITY....kick yo azz salsa...LOL!!

I've never heard so much talk about salsa!! LOL

I'm looking forward to muchies next week. I had Soup for dinner tonight, chicken & I actually gagged onit b/c it tasted yuk!! Luckily for me I had a back up of mexican Tomato Soup (there's those tomatoes again) and that was much nicer. It was not as liquidy as I've been doing so far, had sweetcorn in it...actually was it salsa?

Anyway...I haven't choked, and it was substantial. I guess I'm ready to move on to more substance.

Oh, and HELLO BM!!! Where have you been!!

Got caught on the pot for a while tonight.

I had taken a "gentle" liquid laxative this morning and as I was home this eve I bent down to take laundry out of the dryer and For a moment I thought it was all over.

for a split second I though I would be getting into the washing machine myself. Thankfully not...I made it outta there.

Well Violets.. I'm getting ready to head out for the night..... we have to pick up dbfs boys and that takes all evening.

Have a great night and a greater weekend!

NOTE: I was so full from that 1/2 frozen cap, that I have yet to eat ANYTHING... but now my tummy is hungry.

OH.. and one piece of wisdom my doc shared today is.........

"Remember, just because our stomach growls, doesn't ALWAYS mean that we are hungry!"